Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. 10:19 - Jan 10 with 7850 viewsHAYESBOY

My mate who is also a ST holder and sits with me was at Windsor leisure centre with his kids yesterday and bumped into Clint Hill.

No big in the know news, but he did ask him if he was off to join Mr Warnock and he stated he didnt know.
My mate also told him he was right to bring up the fact that we have players who just turn up to collect their wages. Clint replied its only a couple.

My mate said he was a really nice bloke and it was good to shake his hand and tell him he is appreciated by the fans.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:25 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsQPRBrian

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:20 - Jan 10 by Gaztastic

Really? Cracking. The unique acoustics of LR mean the sound of that hasn't reached me in the Lower Loft yet.... shall be listening out on Saturday.

I thought we were singing "It's just like watching Clint Hill"?! Well that's what i've been singing anyhow!
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:38 - Jan 10 with 900 viewsHunterhoop

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:25 - Jan 10 by QPRBrian

I thought we were singing "It's just like watching Clint Hill"?! Well that's what i've been singing anyhow!

To be fair, that's what I've been singing too! Didn't want to say in case it was just me!
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:53 - Jan 10 with 873 viewsDylanP

Lets not turn the thread into a "bash Wittle" thread. I don't think he meant anything particularly outrageous. Hill is a limited player. He knows it and has said it many times. That doesn't diminish the commitment he shows week in and week out. It dosen't decrease how vital he is to the club. It doesn't reduce the amount of times he makes a critial tackle that saves a goal. The guy is massive. No doubt about that. He is skilled, smart, hardworking, and honest. What's not to love? Its no wonder that he was fans players of the year last year. And, if Nelsen does bugger off to Toronto, he might just win the award again this year.

Byt the way, its not only fans and managers that have underestimated Hill's contribution and importance. Remember the interview he did last year where he said he would fight for promotion with all his heart even though he knew that promotion would probably mean he would lose his place in the side.

I tend to be one of those that thinks that words like legend and hero get thrown around too quickly in football (admitedly Clive qualifies it with "in footballing terms"). But whatever. It seems like we are all having a violently and veherment agreement here. Everybody loves and admires the guy for his work ethic, intelligence, straight talking, and loyalty. Call him a hero or just a bloody good player, its all the same. If he leaves, we are in the shits. If the last couple of transfer windows have shown, its bloody hard (IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE) to replace a player with Clint Hill's qualities!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:55 - Jan 10 with 865 viewskensalriser

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:53 - Jan 10 by DylanP

Lets not turn the thread into a "bash Wittle" thread. I don't think he meant anything particularly outrageous. Hill is a limited player. He knows it and has said it many times. That doesn't diminish the commitment he shows week in and week out. It dosen't decrease how vital he is to the club. It doesn't reduce the amount of times he makes a critial tackle that saves a goal. The guy is massive. No doubt about that. He is skilled, smart, hardworking, and honest. What's not to love? Its no wonder that he was fans players of the year last year. And, if Nelsen does bugger off to Toronto, he might just win the award again this year.

Byt the way, its not only fans and managers that have underestimated Hill's contribution and importance. Remember the interview he did last year where he said he would fight for promotion with all his heart even though he knew that promotion would probably mean he would lose his place in the side.

I tend to be one of those that thinks that words like legend and hero get thrown around too quickly in football (admitedly Clive qualifies it with "in footballing terms"). But whatever. It seems like we are all having a violently and veherment agreement here. Everybody loves and admires the guy for his work ethic, intelligence, straight talking, and loyalty. Call him a hero or just a bloody good player, its all the same. If he leaves, we are in the shits. If the last couple of transfer windows have shown, its bloody hard (IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE) to replace a player with Clint Hill's qualities!!!

Why not Dylz? Sure you don't want to pop over for a rumble on the North Pole Rd?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 15:13 - Jan 10 with 840 viewsHollowayRanger

one word for any Hill bashers

bosingwa

one's a champions league winner and the rest

the others one er not a lot

which one commands and has earned respect
which one goes on the pitch and gives his all
which one comes off the pitch knowing he did his best
which one even gets on the pitch!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 15:16 - Jan 10 with 830 viewsWokingR

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:20 - Jan 10 by Gaztastic

Really? Cracking. The unique acoustics of LR mean the sound of that hasn't reached me in the Lower Loft yet.... shall be listening out on Saturday.

It hasn't reached me yet either and I sit on the halfway line in Ellerslie Road.

You sure the bloke in front of you hasn't been humming it Clive ?
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 16:22 - Jan 10 with 795 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 15:16 - Jan 10 by WokingR

It hasn't reached me yet either and I sit on the halfway line in Ellerslie Road.

You sure the bloke in front of you hasn't been humming it Clive ?

i sit in SAR and i've heard it loads of times. home and away. and sung it. surprised others haven't!

Bare bones.

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 16:26 - Jan 10 with 789 viewshoof_hearted

...said to me I met the white Pele.

Maybe not...
Login to get fewer ads

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 22:23 - Jan 10 with 705 viewsMrSheen

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 15:13 - Jan 10 by HollowayRanger

one word for any Hill bashers

bosingwa

one's a champions league winner and the rest

the others one er not a lot

which one commands and has earned respect
which one goes on the pitch and gives his all
which one comes off the pitch knowing he did his best
which one even gets on the pitch!!!

You'll have to help me with the tune for that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024