Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. 10:19 - Jan 10 with 7849 viewsHAYESBOY

My mate who is also a ST holder and sits with me was at Windsor leisure centre with his kids yesterday and bumped into Clint Hill.

No big in the know news, but he did ask him if he was off to join Mr Warnock and he stated he didnt know.
My mate also told him he was right to bring up the fact that we have players who just turn up to collect their wages. Clint replied its only a couple.

My mate said he was a really nice bloke and it was good to shake his hand and tell him he is appreciated by the fans.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:20 - Jan 10 with 1281 viewsGaztastic

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:08 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Ellerslie Road stand sings 'we all like watching Clint Hill' instead of 'it's just like watching Brazil' which he seems to appreciate.

Really? Cracking. The unique acoustics of LR mean the sound of that hasn't reached me in the Lower Loft yet.... shall be listening out on Saturday.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 1275 viewsQPunkR

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:15 - Jan 10 by real_loftus

^ THIS ^

Close the thread, and someone give wittle a slap for being so stupid on the way out.

ATAF

Too right.

And Bosh, there is no way Charlie 'unproven as yet' Austin would go for that little. As said before, in this crazy bloody market, well-known young English players are among the most expensive around. Jay Rodriguez worth £9M?? Don't make me laugh. If he'd come from Portugal he wouldn't have cost more than a mil.

It this and the likes of Michu that sees Prem teams look abroad ahead of the league below them

QPR - "shit but local"

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:23 - Jan 10 with 1275 viewswittle

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:15 - Jan 10 by real_loftus

^ THIS ^

Close the thread, and someone give wittle a slap for being so stupid on the way out.

ATAF

funny how you guys can turn threads around,i said he was a player with limitations that always gives his best and if you want dish out any slaps i will be in the pav before the game saturday.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 1267 viewsW7Ranger

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:41 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Two and a half years ago we said we were buying him for one season in the Championship. Halfway through that season Warnock said his ankle sounded like a cement mixer and he wasn't even sure he'd make the end of that season.

Here we are two managers and two seasons later and he's still playing every week, in a higher division, against the best strikers in the world. I doubt that ankle has magically healed so I bet he's in a degree of pain after each game.

He has been rejected several times by the club. Warnock even loaned him out. He's listened to Mark Hughes talking about how we've moved on from players like him and seen arseholes like Bosingwa, Ferdinand etc come in and replace him and he's never said a word of complaint. Never said anything about being sent to Forest then recalled, never asked for a move, never complained once. And every time the club has done this to him they've ended up going back and selecting him again a few weeks later and he's come back and played well. Even on this thread people are saying "well, when we buy x y and z it will be Hill they replace." Yeh, and then no doubt four months later they'll be injured, playing badly, behaving badly, moaning etc and we'll go crawling back to Hill once again, and he'll say nothing, he'll just come back into the team and do his job as best he can again.

He gets done - Torres in the 6-1 last season, Suarez last week - but that's to be expected. This is an old left back we got for free from Crystal Palace nearly three years ago to tide us over for 12 months now playing centre half in the Premier League.

Throw in the way he speaks, the way he leads the team, his attitude, effort levels etc. The way he's worked his way up to the top division when looking at him at Tranmere Rovers 15 years ago you'd have never thought it possible.

I'm sorry you feel differently, but he's definitely a fcking hero to me in football terms. I love the guy - and I bloody hated him when we signed him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

One of the best posts I've read on here Clive. Brilliant!
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 1264 viewsNorthernr

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:23 - Jan 10 by wittle

funny how you guys can turn threads around,i said he was a player with limitations that always gives his best and if you want dish out any slaps i will be in the pav before the game saturday.

All I'm disputing is your 'he's no hero' line. In football terms he definitely is.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 1264 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Fantastic proffessional I'd give him another year whatever division we are in.

Remember two seasons ago there was a throw and the linno was right up behind him. People started shouting "watch out Clint etc and some other really witty banter" Clint turns looks at the lino and laughs, the lino laughs as did the opposition player near. Great stuff.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:26 - Jan 10 with 1247 viewsTearsOfaClown

And he don't wear a Panty Liner on his head and try and sell Eau de Ponce
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:28 - Jan 10 with 1237 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I used the word hero in my original post and I echo everything Clive has said. I love him and would loan him the wife if he wants.
Login to get fewer ads

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:35 - Jan 10 with 1208 viewsW7Ranger

And if anyone deserves to score 1 Prem goal before he retires from the game.... IT'S CLINT HILL!!!

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:36 - Jan 10 with 1205 viewsreal_loftus

Alright Princess, calm down, its just a metaphorical slap.

ATAF.

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:36 - Jan 10 with 1203 viewsrobith

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:08 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Ellerslie Road stand sings 'we all like watching Clint Hill' instead of 'it's just like watching Brazil' which he seems to appreciate.

I love that chant
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:37 - Jan 10 with 1201 viewsAntti_Heinola

fight! fight! fight!
Are you serious?

Bare bones.

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:38 - Jan 10 with 1193 viewsW7Ranger

Apart from his pace. What are his limitations?

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:39 - Jan 10 with 1194 viewswittle

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:37 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

fight! fight! fight!
Are you serious?

do you want some aswell
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:42 - Jan 10 with 1184 viewsTheChef

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 12:54 - Jan 10 by TacticalR

The only time he really complained (if complaint it was) was when he said he was too slow to play left back after WBA away. Things must have been pretty wrong in the club if he had to go to the papers to do that. I can only assume Hughes didn't listen to the players.

As you say, Clint Hill has been murdered a few times by forwards like Suárez, but even then there were extenuating circumstances (no protection in front of Hill).

Even when he point made that point after the WBA game, I think it was just an honest assessment rather than a dig at Hughes; after all I'm sure he just wants to play even if it is at left back.

And Hughes, being a touchy pr1ck, dropped him for the next few games.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:42 - Jan 10 with 1036 viewswittle

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:38 - Jan 10 by W7Ranger

Apart from his pace. What are his limitations?

im not going to get into a slagging of clint thread but maybe there are reasons he has spent most of his career in the lower leagues.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:56 - Jan 10 with 1000 viewsgobbles

Two and a half years ago we said we were buying him for one season in the Championship. Halfway through that season Warnock said his ankle sounded like a cement mixer and he wasn't even sure he'd make the end of that season.

Here we are two managers and two seasons later and he's still playing every week, in a higher division, against the best strikers in the world. I doubt that ankle has magically healed so I bet he's in a degree of pain after each game.

He has been rejected several times by the club. Warnock even loaned him out. He's listened to Mark Hughes talking about how we've moved on from players like him and seen arseholes like Bosingwa, Ferdinand etc come in and replace him and he's never said a word of complaint. Never said anything about being sent to Forest then recalled, never asked for a move, never complained once. And every time the club has done this to him they've ended up going back and selecting him again a few weeks later and he's come back and played well. Even on this thread people are saying "well, when we buy x y and z it will be Hill they replace." Yeh, and then no doubt four months later they'll be injured, playing badly, behaving badly, moaning etc and we'll go crawling back to Hill once again, and he'll say nothing, he'll just come back into the team and do his job as best he can again.

He gets done - Torres in the 6-1 last season, Suarez last week - but that's to be expected. This is an old left back we got for free from Crystal Palace nearly three years ago to tide us over for 12 months now playing centre half in the Premier League.

Throw in the way he speaks, the way he leads the team, his attitude, effort levels etc. The way he's worked his way up to the top division when looking at him at Tranmere Rovers 15 years ago you'd have never thought it possible.

I'm sorry you feel differently, but he's definitely a fcking hero to me in football terms. I love the guy - and I bloody hated him when we signed him.

How many really expected him to play another Premier League game after he was sent off in the 0-4 against Bolton last season. The guy has been written off so much, he's a marvel
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 980 viewsHayesender

When we won promotion at Watford I made a beeline for Clint and gave him a big kiss,while telling him I fecking loved him

Nothing has changed since to diminish my man love for the man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:04 - Jan 10 with 973 viewsHunterhoop

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:20 - Jan 10 by Gaztastic

Really? Cracking. The unique acoustics of LR mean the sound of that hasn't reached me in the Lower Loft yet.... shall be listening out on Saturday.

This chant is great and so true! Love singing it.

And Clive is spot on. He has more dignity in his little finger than the most of the squad combined. Excellent professional.

In a few years he would be a superb youth team coach somewhere. Perfect to mould players into the type of football professional they should be. You'll probably see someone like Bobby Z get that type of gig though because he played for Eng and in the Prem for years, even though he doesn't like football and is a selfish git.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:06 - Jan 10 with 966 viewsMrSheen

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:03 - Jan 10 by Gaztastic

Shame we've never managed to work up a song/chant for him...... what with all the rhyming potential of 'Clint' and 'Hill' too..... What about simply 'Torres is scared of you', 'Torres is scared of you'...?

I've had a thrill,
My mate met Clint Hill.
By the side of a pool,
He said he felt like a tool.

He's not too fast,
Suarez gave him his *rse,
But we're playing him still,
Thank f*** for Clint Hill.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:08 - Jan 10 with 957 viewsW7Ranger

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:42 - Jan 10 by wittle

im not going to get into a slagging of clint thread but maybe there are reasons he has spent most of his career in the lower leagues.

So what if he has? He's playing in the Prem now, is playing well and fully deserves to playing in the Prem after years of grafting outside the top flight. Looks like one of these players who's just got better and better with age. Is probably a better player now at 34 than he's ever been.

Also, when you say "lower leagues", in his professional career which spans 17 years, he's spent the majority of his time in the 2nd tier of English football (13 years), has spent 2 years in the Prem, and 2 years in the 3rd tier.

Jamie Mackie has spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues, as low down as Conf!

Grant Holt has spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues - as have a lot of Norwich's team that got promoted along with us.

There appears to be a misconception amongst fans that if you spend many years outside the Prem before actually making it into the Prem, that you can't be good enough - either because you've not been signed from a top team/league abroad, or you've not come through the youth set up at an established Prem club!
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:12 - Jan 10 with 941 viewswestberksr

does what it says on the tin!

great bloke, decent player, always tries, never gives up, cost f'all, says it like it is.

what's not to like? will never forget what the likes of him & Derry have done for the club.
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 925 viewsTacticalR

The thing that's obvious in retrospect is that it's not an accident that we got promoted. The problem was that many of us got our heads turned by promotion (coupled with fear that we would get shown up if we didn't change the players) and didn't realise the value of the players who had actually got us to where we are.

Air hostess clique

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:18 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsThaiHoop

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 13:35 - Jan 10 by W7Ranger

And if anyone deserves to score 1 Prem goal before he retires from the game.... IT'S CLINT HILL!!!

He did, at Bolton last year!
Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:23 - Jan 10 with 902 viewsW7Ranger

Mate bumped into Clint Hill yesterday. on 14:12 - Jan 10 by westberksr

does what it says on the tin!

great bloke, decent player, always tries, never gives up, cost f'all, says it like it is.

what's not to like? will never forget what the likes of him & Derry have done for the club.

And as I said earlier in the thread which may have got missed. If anyone deserves to get at least 1 Prem goal before he retires, it's CLINT HILL!! The phantom "no goal" at Bolton, along with numerous headers cleared off the line!! I'll be really made up for him if he can get on the score sheet.

Could be fate. He's a Liverpool fan, our last game of the season is away to Liverpool. Can you imagine what it would be like for him to get his one and only Prem goal at Anfield, on the last day of the season, on what could be his last game for QPR...... TO KEEP US UP!!!!!

It's the stuff of legends!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024