Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rednapp at OT tomorrow 11:23 - Nov 23 with 8050 viewswood_hoop

Sky News report from journalist that he will be at game tomorrow.

A back ward step as far as I am concerned........TF shown no balls
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 17:12 - Nov 23 with 878 viewsTW_R

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:28 - Nov 23 by wood_hoop

May only be a few that have voiced concern that Rednapp may not be the Messiah that everyone wishes for, maybe my point has been slightly mis-understood.

Right thing to show Hughes the door, TF showed indisision in not doing it earlier, I still think it is a lack of vision and the easy option to give Rednapp the job, reputation for big spending and various other dealings that may or may not be true.

I know someone with close links to the board of a previous club and lets say they were very glad to see the back of him, for non footballing reasons.

I would have preferred they look for a Laudrop type of manager, Martinez another who I would be put on my list, others have mentioned we are not a club with millions of fans, we are not a 'scum', extremly doubtful we will be challenging for a CL place in the foreseeable future, rednapp is a high profile appointment and no doubt could be extremly expensive.

As a last thought, I would even have preferred Holloway coming back, now I was never his greatest fan when he was here, but appreciated he really did take the club from rock bottom and he himself was not vain enough to go away reavalute his approach to the game and come back as an improved manager, now if you wanted a motivater he could be as good as Rednapp, I am sure he has a great affinity for the club and financially a much lower risk than Rednapp.

Got to go, Moon Shuttle about to take off..............

Well, you did say it was a backward step. I can't see how it can be.

I don't think Redknapp is the long-term answer either, but we're now in a situation that requires experience in the PL and experience of beating the drop. Redknapp is the only available option I can think of. If you go for a Laudrup-type, you're dropping them into relegation battle, under serious pressure with no experience.

If you were TF which one would you honestly go for?
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 17:16 - Nov 23 with 859 viewsWestbourneR

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:43 - Nov 23 by wood_hoop

Hmm, doing his best for the club...................beeen a 'fan' for how long ?

I differ in that I believe he is doing his best to protect his and others investment, now that may mean along the way we get a little closer to stability, a decent youth set-up and a brand new shiny home to play in or we end up back to where we were 15 years ago.

I have nothing personally against TF, maybe he is a great bloke to have a beer with, just don't get carried away with this' love in' it seems some have because he has the funds to buy into a football club or the wisdom to keep it afloat in the Prem.

As for if I had millions do you think I would be stupid enough to let Mark Hughes piss my money up the wall on the likes of SWP...........a fool and his money are easily parted.

Wood I just think it's very easy for you to say he's bottled it when it's TF money on the line. You really have to idea how you would behave if you were owner of the football club because you're never going to be in that kind of pressurised position.

Also I am not sure if you are questioning how long i've been a fan but if you are the answer is a long time and i stayed a loyal season ticket holder even when we had Alex Bonnot in midfield.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 17:48 - Nov 23 with 835 viewswood_hoop

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 17:16 - Nov 23 by WestbourneR

Wood I just think it's very easy for you to say he's bottled it when it's TF money on the line. You really have to idea how you would behave if you were owner of the football club because you're never going to be in that kind of pressurised position.

Also I am not sure if you are questioning how long i've been a fan but if you are the answer is a long time and i stayed a loyal season ticket holder even when we had Alex Bonnot in midfield.

WestbourneR, would never question how long a fellow poster had been a supporter, even if our opinions were poles apart.....my apologies if this how my post came across.

It was in reference to TF and his motives, no business where a big investment is at stake is easy to keep safe, football clubs must be just about the highest risk at times, but then TF came into the club with a proven successful background, he obviously thought he had the skills required to make his money work.

Seems those skills aquired are not quite working within the football world, PR is important and TF seems to have convinced many supporters of his good intentions, but then as they say 'he would wouldn't he' .
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 18:34 - Nov 23 with 795 viewsstansleftfoot

Many posters seem to think that Martinez, Poyet, and others are somehow available right now, these guys are settled and comfortable and have good working relationships with the Chairmen.
QPR is a nascent Premiership club, it's a massive challenge and to my mind Harry Redknapp is the highest quality manager who would want to be here right now. I'm not sure there is even an alternative, i think it's a huge bit of luck and i hope Harry persuades The Board to get the books open and clear the detritus out of the club, sign some good young players in this next Window because this squad is not good enough to stay up.......it's weak, disinterested, lop-sided, unbalanced and 70% of them have no future here. Harry is a dealer and if he can make a few bob doing what he does well, no complaints from me, if he pays tax is between him and the tax-man. He also needs to keep us up, TF has given him just enough time.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 19:08 - Nov 23 with 779 viewsPinnerPaul

I still don't think he has.

After tomorrow we have 25 games left, we need 10 wins and 6 draws, that's only 9 defeats.

Really can't see that.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 19:26 - Nov 23 with 750 viewsJamie

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 19:08 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

I still don't think he has.

After tomorrow we have 25 games left, we need 10 wins and 6 draws, that's only 9 defeats.

Really can't see that.

The saving grace is that Villa, Reading, Saints need 8 wins & 7 draws to reach 40 points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024