Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rednapp at OT tomorrow 11:23 - Nov 23 with 8051 viewswood_hoop

Sky News report from journalist that he will be at game tomorrow.

A back ward step as far as I am concerned........TF shown no balls
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:11 - Nov 23 with 1217 viewsWesty75

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 11:37 - Nov 23 by TW_R

"A back ward step as far as I am concerned...."

A backward step from where? We're f*cking bottom of the league with 4 points and no wins in 12 games. We could have got in Ken f*cking Dodd and that would have been a forward step FFS.

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:15 - Nov 23 with 1197 viewsFerdy

This was the League table when Redknapp took over Spurs:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2008-2009&m

and this is how it ended up:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2008-2009&m

Okay they had a better squad than us and had played 4 less games and im sure he spent plenty in January but there are obvious similarities in us both being 5 points adrift when he took over.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:20 - Nov 23 with 1179 viewsQuillPenRiot

My wife's family are all Tottenham, and I remember how dissappointed they were when they hired Harry and I hear how they wish he was back right now

Great motivator and big name, at the least, so I'm optimistic what he can do with the Hughes' signings
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:25 - Nov 23 with 1157 viewsWesty75

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Absolutely.

For those worrying about us becoming Pompey MKII, if we go down, we will. If we stay up, even with Harry having spent a stack of cash in January we won't.

If we go down with Harry, we'll be as financially f*cked as we would be if Hughes was in charge. What's another 20 million in debt if we're already tens of millions in debt. As far as I'm concerned we need to go for a quick fix here, we've gone beyond the point this season where a long-term option makes any sense at all at this stage.

And if we do go out of business it's Plan B - AFC QPR.

It's Friday, we've got rid of Hughes and it looks like his replacement is the man who most people wanted to be the next England manager. Try enjoy the ride eh?
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:31 - Nov 23 with 1137 viewsJamie

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:15 - Nov 23 by Ferdy

This was the League table when Redknapp took over Spurs:

and this is how it ended up:

Okay they had a better squad than us and had played 4 less games and im sure he spent plenty in January but there are obvious similarities in us both being 5 points adrift when he took over.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

£115m Spurs spent that season. On quality as well, not on faded hasbeens.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:43 - Nov 23 with 1097 viewsFerdy

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:31 - Nov 23 by Jamie

£115m Spurs spent that season. On quality as well, not on faded hasbeens.

Whether they were better players than ours or not is besides the point, they were obviously under performing before he came in, which is very similar to the situation we are in.

I have my reservations about appointing a 65 year old manager but I don't think people can argue with his record.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:44 - Nov 23 with 1096 viewsTW_R

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 11:49 - Nov 23 by wood_hoop

I take it you have a differing opinion to mine

Using profanities will also make your point all the stronger as well, thanks for pointing out our current predicament, just got back from Mars so please forgive me for not noticing............having yet another highly paid dinosaur will absolutely guarentee our survival .........then again maybe not.

Well, not sure I've seen anyone else who hasn't got a differing opinion to you. It looks like you must have been on Mars. You're certainly not on this planet. Having no one at the helm would have been a forward step. How can there be a backward step from where we were this morning?

Nothng is guaranteed in football, but we've now got 100% more chance of winning a game then we've had up to now. No one has said Redknapp is guaranteed for survival, but it gives us a lot more chance than if we'd kept Hughes.

I'll ask you again - how can it possibly be a backward step? (And no profanities just for you! )
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:46 - Nov 23 with 1080 viewsNov77

If Harry gets us out of this he really will be.......

Harry Houdini.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:57 - Nov 23 with 1046 viewsMonahoop

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:43 - Nov 23 by Ferdy

Whether they were better players than ours or not is besides the point, they were obviously under performing before he came in, which is very similar to the situation we are in.

I have my reservations about appointing a 65 year old manager but I don't think people can argue with his record.

Do I sense a bit of ageism in that message? Warnock was approaching his bus pass age when he was with us and he did us a good turn.

No point in getting exited about Redknapp. I prefer to adopt a let's wait and see approach to whoever takes over and see what they are like, rather than expect them to be some messiah who will save the club overnight.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 14:12 - Nov 23 with 1012 viewsVish

Jim White on SSN reckons Redknapp wont be announced until monday.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 14:21 - Nov 23 with 999 viewsFerdy

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:57 - Nov 23 by Monahoop

Do I sense a bit of ageism in that message? Warnock was approaching his bus pass age when he was with us and he did us a good turn.

No point in getting exited about Redknapp. I prefer to adopt a let's wait and see approach to whoever takes over and see what they are like, rather than expect them to be some messiah who will save the club overnight.

The reason I mentioned his age is because we had three options really 1. stick with Hughes 2. Go for a bright young thing i.e Poyet, Martinez and let them build. 3. Go for the best available manager out there who is ready to start straight away.

I would have ideally gone for 2 but given that we are desperate for results straight away I can understand going for option 3 I can see positive and negatives for both options.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 23 with 953 viewshighlandbill

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 11:48 - Nov 23 by queensparker

I'd be quite pleased with Redknapp. Seems like a good fit to me as long as we don't let him spunk another 30 million.

But I realise from shouted conversations in the C and S over the last few weeks I'm pretty much on my own...

No your not on your own. I am not mad about him but he,s a cheeky London geezer & Hoops are a cheeky London club. He likes a laugh,he loves Sandra,has the good taste to live in lovely Dorset & quite recently was being lauded as the man for the England job.I think we will get a bounce from him.Long term I,m not so sure. Maybe TF has a game plan to take him on short term with a future eye for a young upcoming manager.Someone in the Cloughie mold would do nicely. (Opps! I forgot they broke that mold!)

At my age I should not be doing this!

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 15:59 - Nov 23 with 940 viewsJamie

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:43 - Nov 23 by Ferdy

Well it is important because £115m worth of quality players are easy to motivate and get results from than £20m of demoralised tat like we have.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:04 - Nov 23 with 930 viewsWestbourneR

wood you should hang you head in shame for digging out TF for this. He is doing his very best for the club.

When you have the balls to make millions and buy a football club get back to us and we can judge you against TF.

Fool.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 885 viewsJamie

Absolutely not, no player is neccesarily easier than another to motivate.

The point was that once Harry had got that Spurs side playing, they were the same quality players from before it all went to pot.

Harry can get Park, Ferdinand, SWP etc believing that they are superstars fighting for the cause but they will still be crap PL players.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 884 viewsWestbourneR

Hang on Jamie most of the £115 million was spunked on people like Gomes and Pavlechenko before he was boss wasn't it? Juande Ramos and Comoli spent it.

Redknapp bought Crouch, Defoe and Palacios for about £30 million that season. It's a lot but it's not over £100 million....

Maybe I'm wrong...

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:18 - Nov 23 with 875 viewsWestbourneR

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:17 - Nov 23 by Jamie

The point was that once Harry had got that Spurs side playing, they were the same quality players from before it all went to pot.

Harry can get Park, Ferdinand, SWP etc believing that they are superstars fighting for the cause but they will still be crap PL players.

I think it's still too soon to write of Park as crap. He could prove vital yet.

SWP & Anton are just pathetically bad.

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:28 - Nov 23 with 849 viewswood_hoop

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 13:44 - Nov 23 by TW_R

Well, not sure I've seen anyone else who hasn't got a differing opinion to you. It looks like you must have been on Mars. You're certainly not on this planet. Having no one at the helm would have been a forward step. How can there be a backward step from where we were this morning?

Nothng is guaranteed in football, but we've now got 100% more chance of winning a game then we've had up to now. No one has said Redknapp is guaranteed for survival, but it gives us a lot more chance than if we'd kept Hughes.

I'll ask you again - how can it possibly be a backward step? (And no profanities just for you! )

May only be a few that have voiced concern that Rednapp may not be the Messiah that everyone wishes for, maybe my point has been slightly mis-understood.

Right thing to show Hughes the door, TF showed indisision in not doing it earlier, I still think it is a lack of vision and the easy option to give Rednapp the job, reputation for big spending and various other dealings that may or may not be true.

I know someone with close links to the board of a previous club and lets say they were very glad to see the back of him, for non footballing reasons.

I would have preferred they look for a Laudrop type of manager, Martinez another who I would be put on my list, others have mentioned we are not a club with millions of fans, we are not a 'scum', extremly doubtful we will be challenging for a CL place in the foreseeable future, rednapp is a high profile appointment and no doubt could be extremly expensive.

As a last thought, I would even have preferred Holloway coming back, now I was never his greatest fan when he was here, but appreciated he really did take the club from rock bottom and he himself was not vain enough to go away reavalute his approach to the game and come back as an improved manager, now if you wanted a motivater he could be as good as Rednapp, I am sure he has a great affinity for the club and financially a much lower risk than Rednapp.

Got to go, Moon Shuttle about to take off..............

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:31 - Nov 23 with 841 viewscorse

if its redknapp so be it. i can live with it. proven himself but perhaps i would have gone for mackay at the end. but hughes is gone and i hope i wont never ever see swp or park in qpr shirt again. or zamora. or johnson.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:33 - Nov 23 with 836 viewsFerdy

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:17 - Nov 23 by Jamie

I don't get your point, in my opinion on paper we have a midtable squad so when Harry gets ours playing they will still be a midtable squad.

I will give you Ferdinand and SWP but im hoping Park will improve.

The bottom line is he cannot possibly do any worse than what Hughes did.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:43 - Nov 23 with 821 viewswood_hoop

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:04 - Nov 23 by WestbourneR

wood you should hang you head in shame for digging out TF for this. He is doing his very best for the club.

When you have the balls to make millions and buy a football club get back to us and we can judge you against TF.

Fool.

Hmm, doing his best for the club...................beeen a 'fan' for how long ?

I differ in that I believe he is doing his best to protect his and others investment, now that may mean along the way we get a little closer to stability, a decent youth set-up and a brand new shiny home to play in or we end up back to where we were 15 years ago.

I have nothing personally against TF, maybe he is a great bloke to have a beer with, just don't get carried away with this' love in' it seems some have because he has the funds to buy into a football club or the wisdom to keep it afloat in the Prem.

As for if I had millions do you think I would be stupid enough to let Mark Hughes piss my money up the wall on the likes of SWP...........a fool and his money are easily parted.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:49 - Nov 23 with 938 viewscheeseydane

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:43 - Nov 23 by wood_hoop

Hmm, doing his best for the club...................beeen a 'fan' for how long ?

I differ in that I believe he is doing his best to protect his and others investment, now that may mean along the way we get a little closer to stability, a decent youth set-up and a brand new shiny home to play in or we end up back to where we were 15 years ago.

I have nothing personally against TF, maybe he is a great bloke to have a beer with, just don't get carried away with this' love in' it seems some have because he has the funds to buy into a football club or the wisdom to keep it afloat in the Prem.

As for if I had millions do you think I would be stupid enough to let Mark Hughes piss my money up the wall on the likes of SWP...........a fool and his money are easily parted.

Hughes didnt buy swp

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:49 - Nov 23 with 937 viewsadhoc_qpr

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:33 - Nov 23 by Ferdy

I don't get your point, in my opinion on paper we have a midtable squad so when Harry gets ours playing they will still be a midtable squad.

I will give you Ferdinand and SWP but im hoping Park will improve.

The bottom line is he cannot possibly do any worse than what Hughes did.

We've not exactly improved without Park in the team have we?

He's been anonymous more than bad, he might turn it around yet. Showed a few signs of life against Everton IMO.

SWP and Ferdinand should be benchwarmers at best under any reasonable manager.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 918 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sky Sports - live from Loftus Rd at 5pm.
Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 907 viewswood_hoop

Rednapp at OT tomorrow on 16:49 - Nov 23 by cheeseydane

Hughes didnt buy swp

An error on my part.............he kept playng him though !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024