Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! 16:59 - Aug 31 with 10094 viewsI_would

We're sick of this s**t week after week.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:08 - Aug 31 with 5220 viewsFlamingbankers

Wait for all the erudite excuses.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:13 - Aug 31 with 5157 viewsRon11

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:08 - Aug 31 by Flamingbankers

Wait for all the erudite excuses.

I'd like to hear the one for taking Harwood Bellis off and leaving Stephens on.
Unbelievable.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:14 - Aug 31 with 5164 viewsTripleNiemi

Possession still above 63% which is not to be sniffed at.

The Noddy’s / Social Media influencers love him and the club extended his contract. He won’t be goin’ anywhere, anytime soon.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:14 - Aug 31 with 5158 viewsChesham_Saint

What are the arguments for retaining him? Let’s try and be balanced about this.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:16 - Aug 31 with 5148 viewsgrumpy

I don’t blame the players, it’s how they are told to play I have an issue with. How we got promoted with this manager is beyond me. In the Premier he is out of his depth .
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:22 - Aug 31 with 5081 viewsTripleNiemi

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:14 - Aug 31 by Chesham_Saint

Well, one argument for maintaining his services must be that the team spirit appears to be excellent. Flip side to this however is that it’s not ideal when the manager is ‘mates’ with players.

Now only my opinion, but I reckon a manager who takes things by the scruff of the neck and doesn’t play this stupid possession based football would give us a better chance of gaining some points.
[Post edited 31 Aug 17:23]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:22 - Aug 31 with 5078 viewsCity_boy

Stephens, Smallbone and Aribo would be sad to see him leave.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:25 - Aug 31 with 5016 viewsRon11

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:16 - Aug 31 by grumpy

I don’t blame the players, it’s how they are told to play I have an issue with. How we got promoted with this manager is beyond me. In the Premier he is out of his depth .

The annoying part of it all is that we've got some great players there, but the arrogant dick only brings them on when they go behind.
I mean what is the point of Stephens???
Login to get fewer ads

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:30 - Aug 31 with 4981 viewsFlamingbankers

Aribo played well actually in the first half on the left, passing and interchanging with Diaz -they looked useful playing together but then Martin changed it in the second half and moved Aribo to the right hand side where he was ineffective.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:32 - Aug 31 with 4949 views1885_SFC

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:13 - Aug 31 by Ron11

Unbelievable.

I think captain Jack has a longer, smoother tongue.

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:39 - Aug 31 with 4915 viewsMrangry25

I was sick of this sh*t last season, we somehow managed to get promoted and the arrogant knob seems to think that we can survive playing the same sh*t this season against better opposition, he needs to go now before we do fall further away. What is the point of signing better players and still playing the same that are not good enough. Madness
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:43 - Aug 31 with 4898 viewsGRIM

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:22 - Aug 31 by TripleNiemi

Well, one argument for maintaining his services must be that the team spirit appears to be excellent. Flip side to this however is that it’s not ideal when the manager is ‘mates’ with players.

Now only my opinion, but I reckon a manager who takes things by the scruff of the neck and doesn’t play this stupid possession based football would give us a better chance of gaining some points.
[Post edited 31 Aug 17:23]

You've hit the nail on head.
Managers should never become best mates with any of the players.
I remember George Graham saying that players must respect the manager (Coach) & the respect managers position.
Familiarity breeds contempt.
RM wants to be everybody's mate, well he's definitely not popular with the fans.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:49 - Aug 31 with 4861 viewsJoiedevivre

I don’t want him sacked but if he doesn’t change we WILL go down. This is my first chance of seeing saints this season - we’re worse than 22/23 and could beat Derby’s record.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:51 - Aug 31 with 4822 viewssaint22

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:13 - Aug 31 by Ron11

Unbelievable.

Astonishing
He has two weeks to get things very right and pick a Decent starting line up or he is gone!
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:54 - Aug 31 with 4797 viewskingslandstand1

He has said in both interviews I heard that the players love playing this way and he still needs to iron some things out
Lallana apparently said to the players after the game that they had these problems at Brighton when changing style of play and that they need to work on it or along those lines, so basically they are NOT going to change the style of play!
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:57 - Aug 31 with 4764 views1885_SFC

RM said post-match that Dibling & Fernandes didn't start today because they were too fatigued after the Cardiff game midweek.

Well find out who was responsible for that terrible decision & bollock them severely.

Oh...

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:07 - Aug 31 with 4719 viewskingslandstand1

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 17:57 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

RM said post-match that Dibling & Fernandes didn't start today because they were too fatigued after the Cardiff game midweek.

Well find out who was responsible for that terrible decision & bollock them severely.

Oh...

Fuk me, they'll both be fighting fit for the man utd game then having had a fortnight off!!!
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 4723 viewsgrumpy

Martin gets all wrong again.
Stephens Captain,he shouldn't even be on the pitch.
Smallbone strolls about doing nothing.
Diaz playing wide.
Why spend 15 million on Fernandes and not pick him to start?
Why when you have a young player as good as Dibling leave him on the bench for nearly an hour?
Why change things only when your down a goal?
Not to mention this lunacies of playing out from the back the way we do.
The problem isn't on the pitch its off it.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:10 - Aug 31 with 4717 viewsgrumpy

'Dibling & Fernandes didn't start today because they were too fatigued after the Cardiff game midweek'

I've heard everything now.

Fernandes came off after 64 min and Dibling is 18.
[Post edited 31 Aug 18:15]
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 4624 views1885_SFC

SAINTS manager Russell Martin accepted he must "live and die by the sword" as he vowed his team would not stop playing in his vision.

"When you make a mistake this way, everyone wants to talk about it. That's the context of what is normal and acceptable for British football, I guess.

"Also for a young British manager, I really feel that. Because if I'm not English, or apparently Scottish, I think it gets questioned way, way less."

Martin added: "We're going to stick with what we're doing. In five years of my career, it's got me this far.

"I will live and die by the sword, I know that, but I'd much rather do it this way and actually enjoy some of the moments the team gives me.

"Of course, it hurts me when we have the mistakes we have today but it's my job to fix that. It's the job of the coach, parent, teacher. It's all the same.

"Work out what the problems are and find solutions. The problem isn't that we want to do it in that way. So much of it is not tactical.

"It's about feeling and at the minute we're feeling a little bit tense in certain actions and being punished for that. It's my job to make them stop feeling that."

Martin was asked how he would be able to ensure the team kept playing effectively under increased pressure, with the defeats mounting up.

"I think we've got enough evidence to show the players some of the stuff," he insisted.

"In the first half, we had a move that ended up with Adam Armstrong, which should have been one-on-one with the goalkeeper and should end up in more.

"Some of the chances we have come from the build-up. The players do some incredible things but we get punished for two.

"It's about weighing up the evidence and showing them. It's not just my feeling. It's not a subjective thing," Martin continued.

"Objectively, we have some brilliant moments of breaking the press and really hurting Brentford. It just needs to come to more."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24554570.southampton-manager-martin-says-will-

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 4646 viewsCity_boy

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:10 - Aug 31 by grumpy

'Dibling & Fernandes didn't start today because they were too fatigued after the Cardiff game midweek'

I've heard everything now.

Fernandes came off after 64 min and Dibling is 18.
[Post edited 31 Aug 18:15]

I bet you wouldn't hear Fernandez or dibbling say they were too tired !

Does this mean every time we have a mid week game, players get a rest if next game is on Saturday ?

What a load of bol**cks Martin has come out with. He is using them to justify his inept decision not to start them.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:22 - Aug 31 with 4625 viewsgrumpy

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 by City_boy

I bet you wouldn't hear Fernandez or dibbling say they were too tired !

Does this mean every time we have a mid week game, players get a rest if next game is on Saturday ?

What a load of bol**cks Martin has come out with. He is using them to justify his inept decision not to start them.

Id have more respect for him he just said I got it wrong.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 4566 views1885_SFC

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:22 - Aug 31 by grumpy

Id have more respect for him he just said I got it wrong.

I'd have even more respect for him if he just fooked off, full stop.

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:31 - Aug 31 with 4543 viewsIfonly

I'm a bit worried that if he left then my pink away shirt with RUSSELL MARTIN written on the back might look stupid.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:32 - Aug 31 with 4526 viewskingolaf

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 18:20 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

SAINTS manager Russell Martin accepted he must "live and die by the sword" as he vowed his team would not stop playing in his vision.

"When you make a mistake this way, everyone wants to talk about it. That's the context of what is normal and acceptable for British football, I guess.

"Also for a young British manager, I really feel that. Because if I'm not English, or apparently Scottish, I think it gets questioned way, way less."

Martin added: "We're going to stick with what we're doing. In five years of my career, it's got me this far.

"I will live and die by the sword, I know that, but I'd much rather do it this way and actually enjoy some of the moments the team gives me.

"Of course, it hurts me when we have the mistakes we have today but it's my job to fix that. It's the job of the coach, parent, teacher. It's all the same.

"Work out what the problems are and find solutions. The problem isn't that we want to do it in that way. So much of it is not tactical.

"It's about feeling and at the minute we're feeling a little bit tense in certain actions and being punished for that. It's my job to make them stop feeling that."

Martin was asked how he would be able to ensure the team kept playing effectively under increased pressure, with the defeats mounting up.

"I think we've got enough evidence to show the players some of the stuff," he insisted.

"In the first half, we had a move that ended up with Adam Armstrong, which should have been one-on-one with the goalkeeper and should end up in more.

"Some of the chances we have come from the build-up. The players do some incredible things but we get punished for two.

"It's about weighing up the evidence and showing them. It's not just my feeling. It's not a subjective thing," Martin continued.

"Objectively, we have some brilliant moments of breaking the press and really hurting Brentford. It just needs to come to more."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24554570.southampton-manager-martin-says-will-

It’s almost like he’s begging for the sack!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024