Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! 16:59 - Aug 31 with 10206 viewsI_would

We're sick of this s**t week after week.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:00 - Sep 2 with 1273 viewsPatfromPoole

Nobody wants a constant merry go round of managers.

But with Hassenhutl, we left it too late to make the change. The best option available was Dyche, but he was overlooked and ended up at Everton.

If I was Parsons, I would be having a very discreet chat with Moyes before Everton do (if they haven’t already).

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:40 - Sep 2 with 1216 viewssaintwizzler

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:00 - Sep 2 by PatfromPoole

But with Hassenhutl, we left it too late to make the change. The best option available was Dyche, but he was overlooked and ended up at Everton.

If I was Parsons, I would be having a very discreet chat with Moyes before Everton do (if they haven’t already).

Saint Rob and Football Martin wouldn’t like this.

He isn’t cool enough for those cats.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:53 - Sep 2 with 1203 viewsSaintNick

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:00 - Sep 2 by PatfromPoole

With Hasenhuttl we should have stuck with him, he would have held the squad together and got us out, we might never known that but he would have done better than the other 2.

Dyche came into an Everton squad with players in it who suited his style, some of them have now left and he has struggled since , I dont think he would have been the answer here.

Most football clubs have a hit list of managers they would approach when the current one is sacked, but the problem is Sport Republic want to play in a certain style

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 14:55 - Sep 2 with 1126 viewsPatfromPoole

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 13:53 - Sep 2 by SaintNick

With Hasenhuttl we should have stuck with him, he would have held the squad together and got us out, we might never known that but he would have done better than the other 2.

Dyche came into an Everton squad with players in it who suited his style, some of them have now left and he has struggled since , I dont think he would have been the answer here.

Most football clubs have a hit list of managers they would approach when the current one is sacked, but the problem is Sport Republic want to play in a certain style

Everton would have finished 12th last season without the points deductions.

On the same number of points as Brighton.

I think we would taken that…..

Hassenhutl was never going to get us out of the predicament we were in when he left. We were a shambles.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 15:20 - Sep 2 with 1087 viewsIfonly

I agree that this is the style SR have opted for. But I wonder if that was influenced by Wilcox, or whether the decision to be Man City Lite pre-dated Wilcox and that's why they brought him in? (I know some say we don't try and copy Man City but that argument doesn't convince me.) Either way, the fact that Wilcox isn't there anymore might leave some space for someone to speak up and say that the possession Emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

It's a shame they won't consider Moyes because he knows what he's doing and would have a decent chance of saving us. Potter might too. He'd be slightly more acceptable to the style-police, but if attracting Moyes would be difficult, Potter would be even more difficult.

When he finally does go, RM's replacement will probably be a European manager with high enough possession stats for SR to save face, but enough pragmatism to get results.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 16:36 - Sep 2 with 995 viewsgrumpy

Hasenhuttl is manager of Wolfsburg now.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Shame how it ended with us, I think the fans liked him on the whole.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 20:06 - Sep 2 with 880 viewssaint22

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 16:36 - Sep 2 by grumpy

Hasenhuttl is manager of Wolfsburg now.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Shame how it ended with us, I think the fans liked him on the whole.

I think if Ralph had been financially backed like RM has been we would have been totally fine
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 827 viewskingolaf

If Martin doesn’t show a ruthless streak by dropping Armstrong, Smallbone, Aribo and Stephens, ditching 5 at the back and the stupidity of trying to create overloads inside our 18 yard box then he needs to go.
He deserves a bit of time, but for me, that is 5 games from the start of the season. No improvement in the next couple of games then get on the blower to Graham Potter.
Login to get fewer ads

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 21:47 - Sep 2 with 793 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 789 viewshedgeend61

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 11:46 - Sep 2 by TripleNiemi

Harry?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/erik-ten-hag-says-i-m-not-harry-potter-a

Erik says he's not
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 07:09 - Sep 3 with 620 viewssolent_toffee

Dyche didn’t take over a squad that suited his style, in fact it was quite the opposite with a fair of number of gutless, workshy players eg Demari Grey. He scraped them to stay up in his season, Christ knows how. Last season, as others have said, they’d have finished 12th without the points deductions. This season they’ve started off poorly, for the third season in a row they’ve lost all the games in August. But despite the collapse on Sunday, the squad is much better than last season’s, and despite the negativity in the media, the fans are optimistic about finishing in a decent position especially with a number of players including Branthwaite to come back from injury.

When Everton lost to Saints a few years ago in El Sackio, the losers were always going to get Dyche and give themselves a good chance of staying up.
!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 10:39 - Sep 3 with 476 viewsButty101

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 07:09 - Sep 3 by solent_toffee

Dyche didn’t take over a squad that suited his style, in fact it was quite the opposite with a fair of number of gutless, workshy players eg Demari Grey. He scraped them to stay up in his season, Christ knows how. Last season, as others have said, they’d have finished 12th without the points deductions. This season they’ve started off poorly, for the third season in a row they’ve lost all the games in August. But despite the collapse on Sunday, the squad is much better than last season’s, and despite the negativity in the media, the fans are optimistic about finishing in a decent position especially with a number of players including Branthwaite to come back from injury.

When Everton lost to Saints a few years ago in El Sackio, the losers were always going to get Dyche and give themselves a good chance of staying up.

I cant believe we didnt go in for Dyche. I would take Moyes in a heart beat. Hes proved he can build a solid team that competes

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 11:32 - Sep 3 with 447 viewsHeisenberg

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 10:39 - Sep 3 by Butty101

I cant believe we didnt go in for Dyche. I would take Moyes in a heart beat. Hes proved he can build a solid team that competes

Moyes or Potter would be an upgrade.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 11:59 - Sep 3 with 432 views1885_SFC

!!!!!!!!!! Russell Martin out !!!!!!!!!!! on 11:32 - Sep 3 by Heisenberg

Moyes or Potter would be an upgrade.

I would love to see Potter get back into the management game & replace RM.

His football was terrific to watch at Brighton and with the squad we now have, I'm sure he'd keep us up which, let's face it, is the goal for this season.

Russell Martin is a busted flush - stubborn - and is quoted as saying he's not going to change his ways. In which case, we'll be gone by the time we're opening presents & scoffing the turkey dinner.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024