Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's 18:47 - Aug 21 with 23948 viewsBrianMcCarthy

7.00pm k.o.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:12 - Aug 22 with 3812 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 11:02 - Aug 22 by QPRSteve

He's Albanian. Shame the new website still only has details of the first team squad. Wish they'd get their fingers out!

Shinny new website with little to no content apart from the 1st team?! Shock! In all seriousness it would be lovely to know a little bit more about the youngsters trying to break through from our much heralded academy from their new training ground.

Surely it wouldn't take long to create profiles for the lads, bit of background, stats, favourite cheese!
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:38 - Aug 22 with 3708 viewsEsox_Lucius

Where's Zeus when you need him most?

The grass is always greener.

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:46 - Aug 22 with 3656 viewsderbyhoop

Maybe, just maybe, the work that Les and the Spurs mafia put in is just starting to pay off.
Young players with First team squad; U21s win 2/2; U18s won first 4-0 but narrowly beaten 2nd game.

Heston ought to help us to retain the better ones.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:53 - Aug 22 with 3639 viewsQPR_Hibs

Highlights here:

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:56 - Aug 22 with 3611 viewsNorthernr

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:46 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

Maybe, just maybe, the work that Les and the Spurs mafia put in is just starting to pay off.
Young players with First team squad; U21s win 2/2; U18s won first 4-0 but narrowly beaten 2nd game.

As I put in the Norwich report, it seems the batch that formed the bulk of the U23/B Team last year are a bit of a write off. Peddar, Kargbo etc. Les admitted himself in interview we'd lost a bit of the allure as a place to come post Eze, and also lost a lot of talent to EPPP. Micah Hyde's U18s, however, seem to have something about them, with Kolli already jumping to first team, Teddy Lawrence, Bala made the bench for the firsts against Norwich. Here's hoping.
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 16:11 - Aug 22 with 3556 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Keepers pulled off some decent stops in the highlights, good finish from Jeche and some impressive stuff from Bala.
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 16:19 - Aug 22 with 3513 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:46 - Aug 22 by derbyhoop

I'm also hopeful. Been hearing some good things from friends.

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 16:48 - Aug 22 with 3407 viewsnadera78

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:56 - Aug 22 by Northernr

As I put in the Norwich report, it seems the batch that formed the bulk of the U23/B Team last year are a bit of a write off. Peddar, Kargbo etc. Les admitted himself in interview we'd lost a bit of the allure as a place to come post Eze, and also lost a lot of talent to EPPP. Micah Hyde's U18s, however, seem to have something about them, with Kolli already jumping to first team, Teddy Lawrence, Bala made the bench for the firsts against Norwich. Here's hoping.

Small point - I think Hyde coaches the Development Squad, Furlong has the U18s, and Hall moved up to the 1st team. No idea what Ramsey does.
Login to get fewer ads

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 17:10 - Aug 22 with 3345 viewskarlski

Never seen these lads play (being abroad) apart from the odd highlights here and there, but impressed with Bala’s quick feet, touch, instincts. Scored all three with his left foot, but after the third took the ball and walloped it away in celebration with his right - anyone know if he’s equally as strong on both sides?

Hard to comment on other positions through highlights since you only see goals, but glad to hear there’s some optimism.
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 23:52 - Aug 22 with 3065 viewsbosh67

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 17:10 - Aug 22 by karlski

Never seen these lads play (being abroad) apart from the odd highlights here and there, but impressed with Bala’s quick feet, touch, instincts. Scored all three with his left foot, but after the third took the ball and walloped it away in celebration with his right - anyone know if he’s equally as strong on both sides?

Hard to comment on other positions through highlights since you only see goals, but glad to hear there’s some optimism.

Blimey that kid Bala looks very exciting.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 03:55 - Aug 23 with 2968 viewsHooparoo

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 23:52 - Aug 22 by bosh67

Blimey that kid Bala looks very exciting.

Hooray, a new Clive Allen 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 07:34 - Aug 23 with 2796 viewsbosh67

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 03:55 - Aug 23 by Hooparoo

Hooray, a new Clive Allen 😎

I thought if I said anything like that again that Clive would hunt me down and kill me!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 08:01 - Aug 23 with 2751 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:53 - Aug 22 by QPR_Hibs

Highlights here:

Is that Smegma's voice you can hear in the background?
Bala seems to be building on his his development since last year and Matty Saloman too.
Hopefully Alfie Lloyd will shine too when he is fit again.

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 08:02 - Aug 23 with 2736 viewsHooparoo

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 07:34 - Aug 23 by bosh67

I thought if I said anything like that again that Clive would hunt me down and kill me!

I’m anticipating a rocket from Mr Clive anytime soon.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 11:25 - Aug 23 with 2480 viewsswisscottage

As I was posting last year when everyone and their son was slagging off our youth system Les, Ramsey and anyone else they could vent their spleen on, last season's U18s is pretty much the first group of players that have come all the way through the youth system since it was revamped after Les became DoF back in 2014, and its that group of player and the one's after that the academy should be really judged on.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have produced more from the older age groups as they came through but might explain why some of the youth graduates in recent years that have only been nearly there's like Duke Mckenna are later developers, basically being where they are in their early twenties where current U18 graduates are now.
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 11:35 - Aug 23 with 2436 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 11:25 - Aug 23 by swisscottage

As I was posting last year when everyone and their son was slagging off our youth system Les, Ramsey and anyone else they could vent their spleen on, last season's U18s is pretty much the first group of players that have come all the way through the youth system since it was revamped after Les became DoF back in 2014, and its that group of player and the one's after that the academy should be really judged on.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have produced more from the older age groups as they came through but might explain why some of the youth graduates in recent years that have only been nearly there's like Duke Mckenna are later developers, basically being where they are in their early twenties where current U18 graduates are now.

That'll upset the perceived narrative and, for the record, I agree with you regrading the judgement of the academy based on those that have been through it fully. IMO, there is still the problem of attracting the best in the catchment areas and keeping them but the training ground is certainly a step in the right direction. Revamping the EEEP to protect clubs young assets would be a good, if unlikely, step too.

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 15:09 - Aug 23 with 2198 viewsRBlock

Whilst Kolli has only just turned 18 and Teddy Lawrence is barely old enough to have left school, Bala has been around for a while and is nearly 20. Technical enough, but not sure he is the one to hang your hat on. Generally though, U18s far better than the U23s.
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 16:21 - Aug 23 with 2044 viewsderbyhoop

Looking at the highlights, Bala scored a hat trick and took the goals well. However he looks tiny and doesn't appear to be blessed with lightning pace ( a la Paul Smyth).

I also looked up what happened to those released this Summer.
Owens is at Boreham Wood
Masterson is normally on the bench at Gillingham
Shodipo, Amos and Martin are still looking for a club.
De Silva went to Torquay
Siqueria joined Wednesday youth set up
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 13:19]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 12:10 - Aug 29 with 1596 viewsaston_hoop

Just to keep the good feeling going around the youngsters, the U18s continued their strong start beating Sheffield Utd 18s. Sheff U are traditionally very strong at this level so that feels like a result.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/29/match-report--/

Dev squad are playing Peterborough this afternoon at 2pm too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 12:20 - Aug 29 with 1537 viewsaston_hoop

While we're at it, if anyone wants to pay £3, they can stream the game today from Peterborough's website. Will have to give that a miss

https://www.theposh.com/video/packages

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 12:22 - Aug 29 with 1511 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 12:20 - Aug 29 by aston_hoop

While we're at it, if anyone wants to pay £3, they can stream the game today from Peterborough's website. Will have to give that a miss

https://www.theposh.com/video/packages

Thanks Aston.
Might try to catch some of that.

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 13:27 - Aug 29 with 1375 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Any idea of the lineup? I don't have Twitter. Ive heard JCS might play...
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 1322 viewsRBlock

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 13:27 - Aug 29 by Welsh_Ranger

Any idea of the lineup? I don't have Twitter. Ive heard JCS might play...

No JCS in the squad, which is a pretty worrying sign. You'd think if he was fit he'd be getting minutes into his legs and WLS reported that he was expected to be involved.

Full lineup:

Salamon (GK)

Adomah
Harrack
Rendall
Hawkins
Larkeche
Aoraha
Duke-McKenna
Bala
Pedder
Kelman
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 1255 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 13:38 - Aug 29 by RBlock

No JCS in the squad, which is a pretty worrying sign. You'd think if he was fit he'd be getting minutes into his legs and WLS reported that he was expected to be involved.

Full lineup:

Salamon (GK)

Adomah
Harrack
Rendall
Hawkins
Larkeche
Aoraha
Duke-McKenna
Bala
Pedder
Kelman

Agreed on the glass-man!

It seems to be a more experienced line-up today as opposed to the one posted from the Cov game, getting minutes into those squad players like Pedder and SDM sprinkled with some of the youngsters.

Encouraged to see Kelman, maybe he has been injured?
Dev Squad v Cov U-21's on 14:06 - Aug 29 with 1187 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Looking like a back 3/5 mirroring the 1st team!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024