Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs 16:30 - Oct 9 with 6611 viewsstainrods_elbow

Leon Jeanne
Abdenesser El Khayati
Paul Smyth

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:37 - Oct 10 with 1468 viewsR_from_afar

Tony Thorpe
Sampsa Timoska

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:01 - Oct 10 with 1445 viewsMistication92

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 12:48 - Oct 10 by PunteR

We had some good players in the Premier league days we didn't utilise properly for whichever reason (Take your pick)
Yun Suk Young, Vargas, Granero I thought were good players but didn't forefill their potential. Maybe file them under self sabotaging by the club.?

Grañero was lovely, Isla and Vargas would've prospered under any other manager. Also see Mbia, Diakite.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:12 - Oct 10 with 1432 viewsnumptydumpty

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:01 - Oct 10 by Mistication92

Grañero was lovely, Isla and Vargas would've prospered under any other manager. Also see Mbia, Diakite.

Along similar .lines TayeTaiwo

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 1427 viewsnumptydumpty

Loic Remy

Djbril Cisse

Although sure others remember how they left

My aging mind can't actually remember

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:15 - Oct 10 with 1426 viewsnumptydumpty

Danny Simpson

Darnell Furlong

Alex Mccarthy

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:17 - Oct 10 with 1421 viewsnumptydumpty

And in future years the might, quality and class that is Kane, that is Todd Kane !!!!

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:38 - Oct 10 with 1392 viewsWatford_Ranger

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:00 - Oct 10 by Northernr

I liked him, and Ollie Burgess.

I was young at the time so may not remember this correctly at all but think I was told Murphy was one match away from activating a new contract and the club was too skint what must have been a mediocre wage.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:41 - Oct 10 with 1382 viewsBklynRanger

For those 3 categories:

- Kevin McLeod

- Clarke Carlisle

- Not technically our player but that Arsenal left back we had for a while in about 2007 would have greatly benefitted from some intensive work - he had all the tools but his mind wasn't right and eventually claimed 'car trouble' as a reason not to play for Harrow Borough. Big waste.
Login to get fewer ads

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:46 - Oct 10 with 1372 viewsNorthernr

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 12:48 - Oct 10 by PunteR

We had some good players in the Premier league days we didn't utilise properly for whichever reason (Take your pick)
Yun Suk Young, Vargas, Granero I thought were good players but didn't forefill their potential. Maybe file them under self sabotaging by the club.?

YSY rarely got a chance because various managers at the time didn't like to be seen to bowing down to the owners' on team selection. They'd rather pick a sht, no-mark of their own, than concede the lad the chairman brought here might be alright. Proper nose to spite face stuff. He drifted off, and we had to suffer years of Fabio/Traore/Konchesky.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 16:50 - Oct 10 with 1366 viewsBklynRanger

Both of the Chileans were very careful about protecting themselves from injury though at that time in favour of the national side. I think it was Isla who was bordering on shameless in that respect - I gave my brother-in-law a lot of stick about that.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:17 - Oct 10 with 1285 viewsCamberleyR

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:00 - Oct 10 by QPRKirty

Don Masson was moved out too early. He had years left in him and wasn't the problem with the 77-78 team, which was still only a few additions from being as good as the 75-76 one. Dave Sexton leaving was the beginning of the end, but that wasn't really in our control.

Yes, that was one of those moves that suited neither club. Masson soon fell out of favour with Tommy Doc at Derby and Leighton James who he'd been swapped with never really settled here and was gone within a year.

Scotland may have had a better World Cup had he remained at ours as he was coming off the back of a hellish season at Derby in no sort of form at all. After the World Cup his Derby nightmare ended and he was back at his spiritual home of Notts County.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 1278 viewsthemodfather

jeremy charles , i had tears when we let bob hazelll go , he was taken off concussed and sold to sodding sunderland for 250k!
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 1257 viewsEsox_Lucius

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:28 - Oct 10 by themodfather

jeremy charles , i had tears when we let bob hazelll go , he was taken off concussed and sold to sodding sunderland for 250k!

Wasn't it Port Vale?

The grass is always greener.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 1230 viewsCamberleyR

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:42 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

Wasn't it Port Vale?

I thought it was Leicester.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:22 - Oct 10 with 1203 viewsQPRKirty

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 18:17 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

Yes, that was one of those moves that suited neither club. Masson soon fell out of favour with Tommy Doc at Derby and Leighton James who he'd been swapped with never really settled here and was gone within a year.

Scotland may have had a better World Cup had he remained at ours as he was coming off the back of a hellish season at Derby in no sort of form at all. After the World Cup his Derby nightmare ended and he was back at his spiritual home of Notts County.

What we needed was a proper replacement for Gerry Francis. We missed him badly when he had those injury plagued seasons. McLintock had retired and wasn't adequately replaced either. I was 15 at the time and was upset when Masson was shipped out. He was a wondeful player, possibly the best passer we have ever had. As good as Wilkins imo.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 20:12 - Oct 10 with 1146 viewsCamberleyR

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:22 - Oct 10 by QPRKirty

What we needed was a proper replacement for Gerry Francis. We missed him badly when he had those injury plagued seasons. McLintock had retired and wasn't adequately replaced either. I was 15 at the time and was upset when Masson was shipped out. He was a wondeful player, possibly the best passer we have ever had. As good as Wilkins imo.

Agree with most of that but we had a replacement for McLintock in Dave Needham. The trouble was, we also needed a replacement for Webb and that was never addressed. We later that season signed Howe but he was never good enough for the first division and unfortunately by then Needham had gone to Forest to eventually win a league title so we were pretty much back to square one.

I've always wondered how much truth there was in the story that Notts County didn't want to sell Needham directly to Forest for fear of outcry from their fans so we acted as a sort of go-between for a few months. We made fifty grand on him and I'm wondering if that was our 'fee'.

The Gerry Francis situation could have been solved the previous season if we'd have gone for an out of favour Alan Ball from Arsenal but he was snapped up by Southampton. We instead signed Eddie Kelly from Arsenal and him and Mick Leach were used to try and plug the gap Gerry had left. They were okay as occasional stand ins but weren't up to the job of replacing Gerry full time.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 20:23 - Oct 10 with 1122 viewsQPRKirty

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 20:12 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

Agree with most of that but we had a replacement for McLintock in Dave Needham. The trouble was, we also needed a replacement for Webb and that was never addressed. We later that season signed Howe but he was never good enough for the first division and unfortunately by then Needham had gone to Forest to eventually win a league title so we were pretty much back to square one.

I've always wondered how much truth there was in the story that Notts County didn't want to sell Needham directly to Forest for fear of outcry from their fans so we acted as a sort of go-between for a few months. We made fifty grand on him and I'm wondering if that was our 'fee'.

The Gerry Francis situation could have been solved the previous season if we'd have gone for an out of favour Alan Ball from Arsenal but he was snapped up by Southampton. We instead signed Eddie Kelly from Arsenal and him and Mick Leach were used to try and plug the gap Gerry had left. They were okay as occasional stand ins but weren't up to the job of replacing Gerry full time.

Yes, you are mostly right I think. I also never really bought the Needham story either. He was a good player but it didn't work out. He was the wrong fit to play with Webby, who was only 31 when he left.

Agree about Alan Ball. He didn't get on with Stan though so not sure how that would have worked out! Kelly was a different kind of player to Gerry, more like Masson I think. We needed someone with Gerry's drive. Kelly was a good player though and also let go too early.
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 13:48 - Oct 11 with 975 viewsthemodfather

if not already said, wegerle, sold for the money we paid, £1m to blackburn who were minted then and he was class. and as for my BOBBY HAZELL my error he was playing v sunderland and sold to leeseester! either way i was gutted ....
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:03 - Oct 11 with 931 viewsderbyhoop

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:00 - Oct 10 by Northernr

I liked him, and Ollie Burgess.

I thought Murphy was far too small and got targeted by diagonals to 6' wingers and strikers. He could play though.
Burgess got a really bad injury and was never the same afterwards.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 908 viewskensalriser

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 15:03 - Oct 11 by derbyhoop

I thought Murphy was far too small and got targeted by diagonals to 6' wingers and strikers. He could play though.
Burgess got a really bad injury and was never the same afterwards.

Murphy never really recovered from Rowlands dinking a ball over his head during a game v Brentford at LR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 17:45 - Oct 11 with 823 viewsPunteR

Wayne Routledge should have been a QPR player of many years rather than Swansea. I know he was only on loan (twice?) But he should gave been our first permanent signing not flipping SWP.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:33 - Oct 11 with 768 viewsCamberleyR

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 17:45 - Oct 11 by PunteR

Wayne Routledge should have been a QPR player of many years rather than Swansea. I know he was only on loan (twice?) But he should gave been our first permanent signing not flipping SWP.

Warnock wanted to sign him on a permanent deal after getting promotion but unfortunately it was the time when Tango & Cash were trying to sell the club and weren't releasing any funds to buy players. Warnock was having to sell (Gorkss for example) to buy anyone. By the time Fernandes had taken over, he'd gone to Swansea. He was here permanently the first time as well.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:43 - Oct 11 with 756 viewslangtoft

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 11:53 - Oct 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Gordon Hill, Aaron Brown, Tommy Doherty and Simon Walton. Were all good signings on paper, they just didn’t work out (although Brown was a gamble due to injury)

Mark Dennis, Caulker and that Diakite bloke were challenges that went wrong, when they could have been top-top.

We definitely did not see the best of Jimmy Carter and I always thought Yun, Korean left back didn’t really get a chance.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 11:54]

Funny isn't it agreed with all of those you mentioned (particularly Walton) but my memory of Mark Dennis is a generally a fond one. Thought he was excellent for us not in a Gillard/ Dawes/ Wilson way but decent nevertheless. Opinions eh
Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 21:39 - Oct 11 with 707 viewsEsox_Lucius

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 19:02 - Oct 10 by CamberleyR

I thought it was Leicester.

Were we playing Port Vale when he was knocked unconscious then?

The grass is always greener.

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 21:45 - Oct 11 with 699 viewsCamberleyR

Under-valued, self-sabotaging and/or prematurely released Rs on 21:39 - Oct 11 by Esox_Lucius

Were we playing Port Vale when he was knocked unconscious then?

No, Hazell's last QPR game was against Sunderland at LR in September 1983. He was then sold to Leicester.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 21:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024