Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie 18:32 - Aug 26 with 34208 viewsDieByYourSide

The man to sort out our entire defence once and for all! Oxford fans demanding £4m/5m in the replies and claiming he wouldn't be arsed about a move to us.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Dickie on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 3978 viewsMaggsinho

WLS claim the deal is up to £1.8m

New forward on his way too.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-striker-wls-dickie-done-qpr-latest-
Dickie on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 3947 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie on 14:38 - Sep 1 by OxfordUtdFan

Haha, what a bloke, only complaint is we didn't get him a few years earlier to see a bit more of him before he retired. Usually came on for the last 15mins when we were winning and just cause chaos. Personal highlight was pinching an opponent's arse whilst shielding the ball in the corner in front of our fans. Will be missed

😆

I think we got his best years.

Good luck for next season.
Dickie on 14:48 - Sep 1 with 3944 viewsDavieQPR

Looks as though we will be playing three at the back. With Manning and Kane as WB it will cover their defensive failings a bit more.
Dickie on 14:51 - Sep 1 with 3908 viewsHunterhoop

Dickie on 14:25 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Poor again on Saturday sadly. He seems to play like a particular cnt when he comes on as a sub.

Of all the players we’ve signed or let go due to the “ball playing” ethos, he is the biggest anomaly. He cannot pass. He’s the worst ball player of the lot. He looks terrified to have it at his feet. Short pass, channel ball, cross, aimless hoof, equally poor at them all. And wasn’t he a Warburton signing?

His one asset that jumped out when we signed him - a willingness and the pace to bomb on forward - also appears to have deserted him. He certainly appears to have got slower somehow.

Maybe Dickie alongside him will revive him.
Dickie on 15:08 - Sep 1 with 3763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dickie on 14:40 - Sep 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

“The manager had a big influence on my decision”

Dickie says “I got a really good feeling off him”

Doing whatever it takes to get it done, then.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dickie on 15:11 - Sep 1 with 3740 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dickie on 14:51 - Sep 1 by Hunterhoop

Of all the players we’ve signed or let go due to the “ball playing” ethos, he is the biggest anomaly. He cannot pass. He’s the worst ball player of the lot. He looks terrified to have it at his feet. Short pass, channel ball, cross, aimless hoof, equally poor at them all. And wasn’t he a Warburton signing?

His one asset that jumped out when we signed him - a willingness and the pace to bomb on forward - also appears to have deserted him. He certainly appears to have got slower somehow.

Maybe Dickie alongside him will revive him.

I think that his passing and crossing were both ok for us at the start. Not spectacular but ok. I don't remember being concerned about that aspect of his game.

Both have regressed, though. Confidence can't be high.

Dickie on 15:20 - Sep 1 with 3638 viewsBklynRanger

Agree that Kane's passing is definitely his weakness. I actually think out of Hunter's list of incapabilities his crossing is at least the most erratic - he does put in the odd good one imho.

His short link up play seems to be something that he really lacks confidence in - looks like his foot isn't screwed on properly at times. I'd guess he needs to work his arse off on that aspect and hope the confidence will grow out of that.
Dickie on 15:23 - Sep 1 with 3608 viewsrsonist

Never been a fan of Kane but in terms of his recruitment as a "Warburton signing" strategically, we decided to do so much in such a short period of time last summer that I tend to give that wave a free pass. Just Rangel and Kakay would have been dicey. Probably didn't need a three year deal there though mind.

Thomas pressing ahead and Dickie (or Kakay in a three) behind might give Kane a better platform to focus on his thing this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie on 17:01 - Sep 1 with 3235 viewsrsonist

Any chance of making this a sticky Norf?

Dickie on 18:39 - Sep 1 with 2988 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dickie on 15:23 - Sep 1 by rsonist

Never been a fan of Kane but in terms of his recruitment as a "Warburton signing" strategically, we decided to do so much in such a short period of time last summer that I tend to give that wave a free pass. Just Rangel and Kakay would have been dicey. Probably didn't need a three year deal there though mind.

Thomas pressing ahead and Dickie (or Kakay in a three) behind might give Kane a better platform to focus on his thing this season.

I’ve still got faith in Kane. Reckon Dickie (his mate apparently) will rein his mad runs in a bit.
Dickie on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 2913 viewsQPROslo

Dickie on 14:48 - Sep 1 by DavieQPR

Looks as though we will be playing three at the back. With Manning and Kane as WB it will cover their defensive failings a bit more.

Kane at WB? He's very hit an miss, mainly miss. But BOS and Manning as WB's? Yes please, with a bit of coaching there I think BOS would be a brilliant WB. Surely his performances as striker/ playing off the striker showed he came to this World to play wide.
Dickie on 20:54 - Sep 1 with 2735 viewsqueensparker

Dickie on 18:55 - Sep 1 by QPROslo

Kane at WB? He's very hit an miss, mainly miss. But BOS and Manning as WB's? Yes please, with a bit of coaching there I think BOS would be a brilliant WB. Surely his performances as striker/ playing off the striker showed he came to this World to play wide.

Agree with this re BOS - if he modelled his game on Kyle Walker could see that working v well. Big unit, knows how to tackle, stays wide all game, knows what to do when he gets into the box.
Dickie on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 2705 viewsjoolsyp

Dickie on 18:55 - Sep 1 by QPROslo

So, Would this work:

Lumley (Dieng)
Kakay/Dickie/Barbet
Amos (Carrol)/Ball (Cameron)
BoS (Thomas) Chair Manning
Dykes (Loan)
Dickie on 21:19 - Sep 1 with 2657 viewsbosh67

Quite an interesting piece.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11

He has quite a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember. He seems to be a better ball player than most midfielders and his positioning appears to be excellent. The one concern being his slight lack of pace! They say better for a deeper defence, which of course we don't have so my hope is that he may find that extra yard if needed? Difficult to tell at this level. Overall he looks like a baller. God I hope he understands set piece defending!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dickie on 21:28 - Sep 1 with 2620 viewspaulparker

Dickie on 14:22 - Sep 1 by Rangersw12

I see Faurlin is on a free which could solve the ball playing CM issue!

I can't see us getting another RB as Kane has a 3 year deal and Kakay can also play there. Let's hope Kane improves from last season

Our right backs are not good enough for league one imo never mind the championship, we have to bank a massive chunk of the Eze money but must have a budget to make the squad better, I see Luton have signed bree from villa now I’m not saying he is the answer but it goes to show there are players out there on a certain budget we can compete with and look to sign

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dickie on 23:23 - Sep 1 with 2465 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dickie on 21:19 - Sep 1 by bosh67

Quite an interesting piece.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11

He has quite a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember. He seems to be a better ball player than most midfielders and his positioning appears to be excellent. The one concern being his slight lack of pace! They say better for a deeper defence, which of course we don't have so my hope is that he may find that extra yard if needed? Difficult to tell at this level. Overall he looks like a baller. God I hope he understands set piece defending!

He has quite a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember

Dickie on 23:29 - Sep 1 with 2444 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't suppose there's anyone with quite a bit of Bob Hazell or Stevie Wicks about them on our target list? Cos that would be nice, and I wouldn't say no to a new Gary Waddock either.
Dickie on 01:30 - Sep 2 with 2357 viewsLoftgirl

Dickie on 15:08 - Sep 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Doing whatever it takes to get it done, then.

Maybe it was his signing on bonus.
Dickie on 03:09 - Sep 2 with 2323 viewstimcocking

Delighted to see we've got the worst away kit in the league yet again. I never dreamt they could beat Tiffany, but they've done it. Thanks a fcuking lot.
Dickie on 07:53 - Sep 2 with 2158 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dickie on 03:09 - Sep 2 by timcocking

Delighted to see we've got the worst away kit in the league yet again. I never dreamt they could beat Tiffany, but they've done it. Thanks a fcuking lot.

Which kit, Tim?

Dickie on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 1927 viewsrobith

Disagree with BOS as a wing back. Besides the fact it keeps him out of areas where he can do serious damage to the oppo, his best trick is the layback, spin and sprint, and he needs a standard outside back for that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024