Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread 11:25 - Jun 18 with 32337 viewsBlackCrowe

I've got 100% win record so what could go wrong (i've done it once before)

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:55 - Jun 20 with 1571 viewsdenhamhoop2

Good job no fans saves them getting booed off. Very poor flashes from Eze and BOS early season Barbet is back. Still at least no queues at the bar.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 1531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:54 - Jun 20 by MickS

They’ve done ok - can they keep this tempo up for another 45?

Good question. With 5 subs all likely to come on they may get disjointed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 1531 viewsB_Wad

Don't see a lot of great options to come off the bench in the second half. Will be interesting to see what Warburton does.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 1519 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:55 - Jun 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was thinking the same. I've been to this game so so many times.

They just seem uninterested so far.

That was like a McClaren half. Discouraging. Rangel and Manning were both very poor.

I'm not too upset because it's been three months since we've played a match, but Barnsley has had the same amount of time off.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:57 - Jun 20 with 1505 viewsDylanP

That looked shocking like the Preston game. Went in 1-0 down at half time that game too. Hopefully the second half will go the same way too

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:58 - Jun 20 with 1474 viewsPinnerPaul

Sorry if mentioned previously but we only have 7 subs v their (permitted) 9.

Surely we could have put a couple of U23s on the bench for the 'experience'?
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:59 - Jun 20 with 1458 viewsQPRSteve

I'm hoping we've saved all our energy for the second half as that half was lethargic. As Ollie would say, we need to bad rash them this half.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:59 - Jun 20 with 1451 viewsMiss_Terraces

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:57 - Jun 20 by B_Wad

Don't see a lot of great options to come off the bench in the second half. Will be interesting to see what Warburton does.

This is rubbish but we've turned more than a few games around this season. Come on Rangers, we can do this.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Login to get fewer ads

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 1412 viewskarl

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 15:54 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Centre-mid is stretched and out of the game. Huge gap between defence and attack and poor transition.

Exactly what Paul Mortimer was saying
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:00 - Jun 20 with 1411 viewsPhildo

Time for a turnaround cause that was shoite
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:01 - Jun 20 with 1374 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:00 - Jun 20 by karl

Exactly what Paul Mortimer was saying

I taught him everything he knows, that lad.

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:02 - Jun 20 with 1367 viewsqprd

First half observations:

-BOS easily our best player in the first half, but mostly collecting the ball with back to goal and just battling to win a throw in in barnsleys half. Hes struggling to get the ball facing the goal with 2 Barnsleys defenders draping him.
-Eze showed flashes of brilliance, particularly his one two sequence down the touchline with Manning, but has not been getting on the ball enough.
-Chair also not getting on the ball enough, but chipping in with other contributions on the pitch, including a few tackles.
-Hugill- really unfortunate first half. he's feeding off scraps, but he's clearly losing the physical battle with Barnsleys centreback
-Masterson started poorly, but has grown into the match. Same with Amos
-Manning has been mistake prone though active going forward. Rangel had a pretty rough half- more disappointingly, he was sloppy in possession.

Every time BOS gets the ball, hes being double teamed by Barnsleys left back and another defender. Tactically, MW responded by swapping Eze and BOS towards the end of the second half- I assume the idea was that Manning's overlapping and naturally attacking style will make it harder for Barnsley to double team Bright. Instead of doing that, I would leave Bright on his favored right flank, but sub on Kane for Rangel. Rangel has been pretty poor and also hasnt really crossed the halfway line. Kane will provide an overlapping option which hopefully should free up Bright to go 1 on 1. This does leave us more exposed to Barnsleys left winger, who seems to be the danger man, but I dont think Kane will do much worse than Rangel

I'd also drop Eze deeper out of the possession, as he needs to be getting on the ball more. Two of our more promising sequences started with him taking touches in our defensive half.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:02 - Jun 20 with 1359 viewsdannyblue

Barnsley worked very hard pressing first quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if, after the long break, they tire and we'll come more and more into it.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 1329 viewsGloucs_R

We're going down 😔

😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:04 - Jun 20 with 1298 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:02 - Jun 20 by qprd

First half observations:

-BOS easily our best player in the first half, but mostly collecting the ball with back to goal and just battling to win a throw in in barnsleys half. Hes struggling to get the ball facing the goal with 2 Barnsleys defenders draping him.
-Eze showed flashes of brilliance, particularly his one two sequence down the touchline with Manning, but has not been getting on the ball enough.
-Chair also not getting on the ball enough, but chipping in with other contributions on the pitch, including a few tackles.
-Hugill- really unfortunate first half. he's feeding off scraps, but he's clearly losing the physical battle with Barnsleys centreback
-Masterson started poorly, but has grown into the match. Same with Amos
-Manning has been mistake prone though active going forward. Rangel had a pretty rough half- more disappointingly, he was sloppy in possession.

Every time BOS gets the ball, hes being double teamed by Barnsleys left back and another defender. Tactically, MW responded by swapping Eze and BOS towards the end of the second half- I assume the idea was that Manning's overlapping and naturally attacking style will make it harder for Barnsley to double team Bright. Instead of doing that, I would leave Bright on his favored right flank, but sub on Kane for Rangel. Rangel has been pretty poor and also hasnt really crossed the halfway line. Kane will provide an overlapping option which hopefully should free up Bright to go 1 on 1. This does leave us more exposed to Barnsleys left winger, who seems to be the danger man, but I dont think Kane will do much worse than Rangel

I'd also drop Eze deeper out of the possession, as he needs to be getting on the ball more. Two of our more promising sequences started with him taking touches in our defensive half.

Excellent analysis. Makes sense to me.

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:04 - Jun 20 with 1290 viewsBklynRanger

I'm sensing that Snoop Dog wants me to roll up a big fat Jamaican woodbine and order 3 or 4 pizzas. Which does sound OK. Warbs didn't look too mellow getting off the bench for his HT talk in comparison.

Chair's playing well though imho. Looks the sharpest.
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:06 - Jun 20 with 1242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo on for Amos.

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:06 - Jun 20 with 1239 viewsPinnerPaul

New ref??????????????????
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:06 - Jun 20 with 1230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chaplin on for Simoes, who's injured.

New ref as well!

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:07 - Jun 20 with 1217 viewsQPRSteve

Shopdipo on for Amos and bizzarely, a new ref
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:08 - Jun 20 with 1201 viewskarl

Shodipo on Amos off, change of formation?
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:08 - Jun 20 with 1183 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo to the left. Eze gone central.

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:09 - Jun 20 with 1166 viewsqprd

Early doors looks like like a 4-1-2-3 formation
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:11 - Jun 20 with 1103 viewsVancouverHoop

Knocking the ball around with a bit more confidence now.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 16:11]
Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:12 - Jun 20 with 1064 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Right I'll do it - Barnsley Match Thread on 16:09 - Jun 20 by qprd

Early doors looks like like a 4-1-2-3 formation

Ya, looks that way. Ball at anchor.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024