Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who thinks we can do the double ? 14:15 - Jul 24 with 11514 viewsMark1

Based on the current squad IF no one else leaves,who reckons we can bounce straight back on the first attempt?

Must be in with a shout - I go with an Obama " Yes we can "
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 11:25 - Jul 27 with 1423 viewsjonno

Exactly. I suspect that the Club is looking to recoup around £30 million from the sale of these players to add to the Sterling money, so around £40 million. I doubt they have any intention of spending much, if any, of that money on players but will be hanging on to it to pay off debts, FFP etc. They could argue that they have already signed midfield players and strikers to replace the outgoing ones. I think it would actually suit the Club for these players to be sold on deadline day as well, giving them the additional excuse that it was then too late to buy players to replace them (a la the Remy situation last year) and will then be looking at the loan market for replacements (and no doubt only then if wages are subsidised by the player's parent Club, so relatively inexpensive).
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:01 - Jul 27 with 1331 viewsPinnerPaul

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 18:57 - Jul 24 by oddball

They have lost three of there best players but will probably still be in the mix and deservedly so.

From a Burnley fan I know "We managed to lose to Accrington in a pre season match on Saturday so I am swapping hope for trepidation..."
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:12 - Jul 27 with 1270 viewsjohncharles

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 11:25 - Jul 27 by jonno

Exactly. I suspect that the Club is looking to recoup around £30 million from the sale of these players to add to the Sterling money, so around £40 million. I doubt they have any intention of spending much, if any, of that money on players but will be hanging on to it to pay off debts, FFP etc. They could argue that they have already signed midfield players and strikers to replace the outgoing ones. I think it would actually suit the Club for these players to be sold on deadline day as well, giving them the additional excuse that it was then too late to buy players to replace them (a la the Remy situation last year) and will then be looking at the loan market for replacements (and no doubt only then if wages are subsidised by the player's parent Club, so relatively inexpensive).

Bit cynical jonno.
Do you think I should try to get a refund on my season ticket ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:25 - Jul 27 with 1263 viewsMark1

IF our owners can afford the fine out of their own pockets, wouldn't it make sense to hold on to your quality players and try for promotion at the first attempt again and then recoup their outlay from the money on offer from the Premier League??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024