Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who thinks we can do the double ? 14:15 - Jul 24 with 11513 viewsMark1

Based on the current squad IF no one else leaves,who reckons we can bounce straight back on the first attempt?

Must be in with a shout - I go with an Obama " Yes we can "
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 19:04 - Jul 24 with 2785 viewsBromleyHoop

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 17:53 - Jul 24 by oddball

IFand that is one big if, we kept everyone then i think that we would smash the granny, uncle, and aunty out of everyone in this league bar derby and mboro.

I do love a bit of positivity at the start of the season but Austen and Phillips were
In the squad the last time we were in the Championship and we were oft to be found struggling for any fluidity or goals if I remember rightly.

I hope the change of manager brings a more positive feel to the way we play this year. Any talk of smashing this league is massively over optimistic IMHO.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 19:23 - Jul 24 with 2748 viewseghamranger

This season we have people that want to play and have points to prove. Even if Austin and Philips go I think having Chery,Mackie, Gladwin and Luongo we will score goals. CR and Les have done well getting them in so we have to trust that the other ones will be ok too.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 19:37 - Jul 24 with 2721 viewsStanisgod

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:51 - Jul 24 by essextaxiboy

I do .
The signings so far have been good, we will have the top players or 30 Mil to spend .

Ramsey and Ferdinand seem to be aware of the defensive weakness and there is still 5 weeks to fix those .

Only downside is that the pre season has been weak so far not the fault of the club IMO.

Cant wait .......

£30 mil to spend

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 21:11 - Jul 24 with 2663 viewsJamie

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:01 - Jul 24 by essextaxiboy

How do you know we have agreed to abide by it ? .... Genuine question BTW

It was announced at the same time as we said we were going to tribunal, that both sides would accept ahead of time the final verdict.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 21:52 - Jul 24 with 2590 viewsdennisbailey92

I'd be happy with finishing top half building a young and hungry team. Higher tempo with players than can run for more than 80 minutes would also be appreciated.

Regards

Harry from Sandbanks
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 2561 viewsSpiritofGregory

No.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 2555 viewsSpiritofGregory

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 18:57 - Jul 24 by oddball

They have lost three of there best players but will probably still be in the mix and deservedly so.

We might lose our best players.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 2532 viewsessextaxiboy

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 19:37 - Jul 24 by Stanisgod

£30 mil to spend

Ok maybe not to spend , but we will have 30 Mil some of which could be used to strengthen the squad ?
We also would have the salarys of those players, the parachute payment , the Sterling money and the salarys saved with the big name departures .
Login to get fewer ads

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 00:13 - Jul 25 with 2476 viewsisawqpratwcity

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:04 - Jul 24 by SpiritofGregory

We might lose our best players.

SoG, when life gives you cherries, you make lemonade.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 07:04 - Jul 25 with 2393 viewsenfieldargh

I'd be content with doing the double over Fulham or the other team in west London that begins with P, or is it B.

Hang onto austin and Phillips, add another striker and some defenders and we have as much chance as anybody else of promotion.

If the other part of the double is winning a cup then no chance....qpr don't do cups

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 07:23 - Jul 25 with 2376 viewsSpiritofGregory

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 00:13 - Jul 25 by isawqpratwcity

SoG, when life gives you cherries, you make lemonade.

It's true though isn't it with a couple of decent defenders the team on paper looks strong take the likes of Austin and Philips out of it and your chances decrease dramatically. There's nothing like having players who you know will do the job, we all knew Austin would score lots of goals. There is also a question mark over Ramsey, will he be good enough?
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 07:40 - Jul 25 with 2363 viewsCHUBBS

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 07:23 - Jul 25 by SpiritofGregory

It's true though isn't it with a couple of decent defenders the team on paper looks strong take the likes of Austin and Philips out of it and your chances decrease dramatically. There's nothing like having players who you know will do the job, we all knew Austin would score lots of goals. There is also a question mark over Ramsey, will he be good enough?

I agree with this,until we know who's staying or going we can't really make any positive predictions as we rely on our better players so much.
Austin and Phillips are by far our best attackers and when/if they depart the hole left will be very difficult to fill.
Ramsey may be quality but he is an unknown quantity so personally I have no idea what direction we're heading.
Just enjoy the ride I say.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 08:40 - Jul 25 with 2325 viewsPunteR

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 07:40 - Jul 25 by CHUBBS

I agree with this,until we know who's staying or going we can't really make any positive predictions as we rely on our better players so much.
Austin and Phillips are by far our best attackers and when/if they depart the hole left will be very difficult to fill.
Ramsey may be quality but he is an unknown quantity so personally I have no idea what direction we're heading.
Just enjoy the ride I say.

Agree with this.
I'm not expecting things to happen over night. Its been another massive turn around of players and will take time to settle.
If we get promoted again next season we will be back to square one.
A few seasons in the championship will do the club good in terms of players wages and development. We're not a premier league club,our natural habitat is the championship.
I don't think we'll get relegated but hopefully we will play some good football and win more games than we lose.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 09:26 - Jul 25 with 2281 viewsSpiritofGregory

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 08:40 - Jul 25 by PunteR

Agree with this.
I'm not expecting things to happen over night. Its been another massive turn around of players and will take time to settle.
If we get promoted again next season we will be back to square one.
A few seasons in the championship will do the club good in terms of players wages and development. We're not a premier league club,our natural habitat is the championship.
I don't think we'll get relegated but hopefully we will play some good football and win more games than we lose.

We will need to get promoted within the next 3 seasons, those parachute payments don't last forever.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 2259 viewsquickpassrotter

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:51 - Jul 24 by paulparker

We cant organise a pre season, so no team bonding, fitness, tactics etc
we have no RB no cover at LB
we don't have a centre back pairing to build on
we are expecting to lose phillips, Austin & Fer before the season
we haven't signed another striker
we have a rookie manager
no assistant manager
so no , id snap your hand off for mid table

Will absolutely take mid table mediocrity at this stage. Yes, so many holes in the squad - most of those who are there are completely untried yet. I think that we will get a rude awakening, and quickly.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:05 - Jul 25 with 2075 viewsDylanP

£30 mil to spend

Why?

10 million for Sterling
15 million for Austin
7 million for Phillips
3 million for Fer

That adds to 35 million. Do any of those strike you are crazy overvaluations? The first three have been discussed widely int he press and appear reasonable. I have no idea what Fer is worth but 3 million seems about right. Obviously, we are unlikely to have all of it to spend, but either way it is not an outrageous comment on the face of it.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:08 - Jul 25 with 2065 viewsSpiritofGregory

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:05 - Jul 25 by DylanP

Why?

10 million for Sterling
15 million for Austin
7 million for Phillips
3 million for Fer

That adds to 35 million. Do any of those strike you are crazy overvaluations? The first three have been discussed widely int he press and appear reasonable. I have no idea what Fer is worth but 3 million seems about right. Obviously, we are unlikely to have all of it to spend, but either way it is not an outrageous comment on the face of it.

No way would we even spend half of that. We have Ferdinand and Ramsey in charge to save money not spend it.
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:18 - Jul 25 with 2060 viewsDylanP

IF Austin, Phillips, an Fer started the season with us then clearly we would be favorite to win the division.

Of course, we all know that Austin isn't coming back and, of the three, he is the only one that is actually a reliable bet to do well in the Championship. No question that he would score 20+ and keep us in with a chance every week.

Phillips has been inconsistent and injury prone since he joined us and there is no guarantee that the Phillips we saw in the second half of last season would stick around. Given the physicality of the Championship, we would probably end up with a few really promising games followed by the injured version.

As for Fer, I am hard pressed to see him thriving in the rough and tumble of the championship. He lumbered around the Premiership showing flashes of brilliance and a rocket shot. however, There is every possibility that he will be overwhelmed but the tough tackling of the Championship and revert to lazy ambling staying-out-of-trouble Fer.

I don't happen to think our defense will do that badly in the Championship. Yes, they were terrible in the Prem, but that is because the top teams in the Prem has significantly better players who can punish the slightest error. The Championship is much more forgiving in that respect.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:35 - Jul 25 with 2025 viewsGetMeRangers

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 14:18 - Jul 25 by DylanP

IF Austin, Phillips, an Fer started the season with us then clearly we would be favorite to win the division.

Of course, we all know that Austin isn't coming back and, of the three, he is the only one that is actually a reliable bet to do well in the Championship. No question that he would score 20+ and keep us in with a chance every week.

Phillips has been inconsistent and injury prone since he joined us and there is no guarantee that the Phillips we saw in the second half of last season would stick around. Given the physicality of the Championship, we would probably end up with a few really promising games followed by the injured version.

As for Fer, I am hard pressed to see him thriving in the rough and tumble of the championship. He lumbered around the Premiership showing flashes of brilliance and a rocket shot. however, There is every possibility that he will be overwhelmed but the tough tackling of the Championship and revert to lazy ambling staying-out-of-trouble Fer.

I don't happen to think our defense will do that badly in the Championship. Yes, they were terrible in the Prem, but that is because the top teams in the Prem has significantly better players who can punish the slightest error. The Championship is much more forgiving in that respect.

Some of how well as side does is dependant upon the squad staying fit and with little rotation. I dont know the exact figure, but I am sure Burnley only used about 17 players last time out in the championship.

On paper the defence looks as if it can more than adequately cope with this division, but once you have injuries (yun is out and Robinson not back until at least Xmas) the holes appear.

In NW season we did not have a 20 goal a season striker, but they did come from all over the pitch. The signings over the summer appear to point towards young players who have goals in them. There is possibly a dark horse with Blackwood and as yet Chery is an unknown quantity. With luck he is something like Ravel or Taarabt without the baggage

I dont think Fer will go. Most likely are Philips and Austin. Keep them and we could easily be top six all season, IMO

Looking forward to Newport tomorrow
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:58 - Jul 25 with 2011 viewsderbyhoop

£30 mil to spend

Last year's turnover was about £75m. This year's will be about £35m. So we're down £40m.
14 players out and 6 in probably reduced the wage bill by about £20m.

So we've still got £20m less than we had last year.
So sales will be vital. Charlie (15), Fer (7), Phillips (7). And then, we might see the P&L account heading in the right direction.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:51 - Jul 25 with 1938 viewsisawqpratwcity

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 16:35 - Jul 25 by GetMeRangers

Some of how well as side does is dependant upon the squad staying fit and with little rotation. I dont know the exact figure, but I am sure Burnley only used about 17 players last time out in the championship.

On paper the defence looks as if it can more than adequately cope with this division, but once you have injuries (yun is out and Robinson not back until at least Xmas) the holes appear.

In NW season we did not have a 20 goal a season striker, but they did come from all over the pitch. The signings over the summer appear to point towards young players who have goals in them. There is possibly a dark horse with Blackwood and as yet Chery is an unknown quantity. With luck he is something like Ravel or Taarabt without the baggage

I dont think Fer will go. Most likely are Philips and Austin. Keep them and we could easily be top six all season, IMO

Looking forward to Newport tomorrow

"In NW season we did not have a 20 goal a season striker..."

Jeez, GetMe, split some hairs, why dontcha?! Adel got 19.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 23:04 - Jul 25 with 1935 viewsdaveB

I'm still in the we'll do well to stay up camp but reckon we'll finish top half in the end
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 23:14 - Jul 25 with 1931 viewsCamberleyR

Why?

10 million for Sterling
15 million for Austin
7 million for Phillips
3 million for Fer

£3 million for Fer?? We paid about a reported £8m for him!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 23:22 - Jul 25 with 1922 viewsGetMeRangers

Who thinks we can do the double ? on 22:51 - Jul 25 by isawqpratwcity

"In NW season we did not have a 20 goal a season striker..."

Jeez, GetMe, split some hairs, why dontcha?! Adel got 19.

Ha ha. I meant as a striker

I have high hopes for Chery. Blind optimism but I think he may well be able to get close to stepping into either Ravel or Adel's shoes... without attitude attached
Who thinks we can do the double ? on 08:29 - Jul 26 with 1846 viewsStanisgod

Why?

10 million for Sterling
15 million for Austin
7 million for Phillips
3 million for Fer

Ok I'll explain slowly what I mean is the thirty million may be there physically but not to spend ffs.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024