Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
True Detective.. 12:38 - Jun 23 with 8392 viewsDiscodroids

One episode in and you just know its not going to touch last year.Got some way to go to eclipse the first series.
when the Killers mentally retarded concubine complained that he "had'nt made flower"s with her" he put this deaths head hag on his knee, and in sweet county mayo brogue , got her to talk about her grandad fcking her in the fields 'with the sun on her back".

" tell me in detail with your slow, slow head" while he brutally fragged her .
or when he was in his laura ashley slaughter house, (with his victims knickers and pants everywhere like scatter cushions ,stamping on his dog .. 'sorry old boy" in clipped james mason tones , wandering the sick den of spunk and blood and delivering a dirk bogard inspired soliloquy as if he were in the parlour in 'the remains of the day'

fack me i thought.. im in the presence of something special here.

the scene where Rust is running through that project after that drug robbery had with the redneck bikers had gone tits up ..just incredible.

he's face at the end of this.. ave some of that you cahnts.

astonishing acting and script....

[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 12:48]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

True Detective.. on 12:53 - Jun 23 with 5719 viewsSydneyRs

First series of this was utterly superb, the only thing I have seen that came close to The Wire for quality. I just don't see how they can follow it with two new lead actors and get close to the same quality. Always seemed unlikely to work but I was hoping to be proved wrong.

That one take, uncut 6 minute scene you refer to is just ridiculously good. I remember watching that the first time and just saying "wow!" when the credits rolled. The tension that led up to the scene added to it even more but here is that amazing shot.

True Detective.. on 13:01 - Jun 23 with 5690 viewsDiscodroids

great great scene ^

"would that i had eyes to see, some mornings i can see the infernal plane..now , can you tell me about grandpa.."

goosebumps..

True Detective.. on 13:20 - Jun 23 with 5658 viewswillis1980

feel a bit confused by the new series (amybe down to the fact the missus doesnt shut up while its on). I dont want to condemn it just yet but cant help but feeling disappointed. it feels like theyve tried to take all the things that were great about series 1 and multiplied them by 10 in typical american fashion, this makes it come across as a little contrived in my opinion. Im hoping i feel differently about it next week
True Detective.. on 13:35 - Jun 23 with 5639 viewssimmo

McConaughey made that first series for me, he really suits that southern states, off kilter, unbalanced personality. He was so volatile all the way through. Going to give this new one a chance but will not be surprised to see it fall well short.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

True Detective.. on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 5606 viewsjohnhoop

True Detective.. on 13:35 - Jun 23 by simmo

McConaughey made that first series for me, he really suits that southern states, off kilter, unbalanced personality. He was so volatile all the way through. Going to give this new one a chance but will not be surprised to see it fall well short.

Have to agree with this. Woody Harrelson was superb but Mc Connaughey was on another plane entirely. I found his performance utterly mesmerizing, and that, combined with the incredible scripts he was given and Fukunaga's brilliant direction(as in the above mentioned tracking shot), mean that any further series is inevitably likely to suffer in comparison. I think you just have to accept this and give the new series a chance to build in it's own right.
True Detective.. on 14:02 - Jun 23 with 5569 viewsadhoc_qpr

Same gloomy, downbeat tone but a load of walking, talking cliches for characters so far!

Drunk, dirty cop. Troubled, loner female cop. Suicidal coy scarred by past trauma etc etc

Took a long time to establish a few very simple plots strands.

Needs to pick up a lot now they've established the place and the crime!
True Detective.. on 14:09 - Jun 23 with 5553 viewsW14Hoop

True Detective.. on 13:01 - Jun 23 by Discodroids

great great scene ^

"would that i had eyes to see, some mornings i can see the infernal plane..now , can you tell me about grandpa.."

goosebumps..

1st series was incredible, Rolling aerial shots of the bayou’s, a bleak place to be.
Great music throughout too.

The scene when Marty pops into the bar with a bagful of tampoooons and Waymore Blues is playing or when Marty’s wife goes to Rusts place and Ike & Tina Turner “Too many tears in my eyes” playing, set the scenes.

In that last episode they get out the car, at the killers house, Marty walks to the door & Rust shouts “Marty…this is the place” my skin stills crawls thinking about it.
True Detective.. on 21:01 - Jun 23 with 5342 viewsRoller

I didn't see the first series, but have had it recommended to me. I was rather confused throughout, but though this song was excellent.

Login to get fewer ads

True Detective.. on 21:18 - Jun 23 with 5321 viewsRanger78

Have to agree.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little bit confused.

Massive fan of the first series, it was so good that I think series 2 has to be worth persevering with
True Detective.. on 21:26 - Jun 23 with 5313 viewsLblock

Series One was the dogs danglies -- probably the best thing I've seen on SKY and eclipsed the early Boardwalk Empire's (which took some doing).
I've never watched The Wire or Breaking Bad but will do one day

As noted above McConaughey is supreme and his chemistry (or lack of) with Woody just crackles all the way through.
Not seen any of new series yet but I go into it expecting to be disappointing.... much like a Rangers away performance... and for sure my expectations will be delivered.
Just on McConaughey - it was his True Detective performances that persuaded me to watch Dalls Buyers Club and yet again in that he nailed a great performance. The man is a mentalist method actor and I'm impressed.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

True Detective.. on 21:40 - Jun 23 with 5291 viewsYorkRanger

The Times review of the new series says the first episode is so complicated that you will probably have to watch it twice to get it. It goes on to say it is utterly compelling television. I loved the first series, and the Wire and Boardwalk and of course the daddy of them all The Sopranos....
True Detective.. on 22:34 - Jun 23 with 5241 viewsganjR

True Detective.. on 21:40 - Jun 23 by YorkRanger

The Times review of the new series says the first episode is so complicated that you will probably have to watch it twice to get it. It goes on to say it is utterly compelling television. I loved the first series, and the Wire and Boardwalk and of course the daddy of them all The Sopranos....

If you lot haven't already, watch 'The Corner' all a true story, the book is amazing too.
Done by Mr.Simon and Mr.Burns of Homicide (amazing book) and The Wire fame.
Been watching the Danish series' The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen. All quite good. The Bridge was probably the best of the 3?
Agree about True Detective 1, my mate put it on my laptop at his studio and didn't watch it for ages, watched the whole thing, one Sunday.
Been to that part of the world and they capture it beautifully.
The acting too was top class!
Oh, and City of Men (Brasilian series) is good fun too.
True Detective.. on 06:52 - Jun 24 with 5153 viewsPommyhoop

True Detective.. on 21:40 - Jun 23 by YorkRanger

Agree with this word for word.Especially The Soprano's.
I think the 2nd series of True Detective is out over here in a couple of weeks..
Caught the first series of Ray Donnovan the last week or so .Will catch up with series 2 next week in time for the start of 3.

Love/Hate...Do yourself a favour if you haven't seen it. Great tele...

edit..Just checked and first episode of TD s 2 is on tonight over here..Wehey !!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 8:43]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

True Detective.. on 09:40 - Jun 24 with 5080 viewsTheChef

It's a tough ask to match the first series but I hope it can reach those heights.

Episode 1 is always a difficult one as it needs to set the scene and introduce the characters. Shame that they've moved out of the South and gone to California instead, but there's definitely enough there to get me to come back for episode 2. This is quite a good summary of ep 1:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jun/23/true-detective-two-review

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

True Detective.. on 10:14 - Jun 24 with 5055 viewsstuabd

I enjoyed the first episode. Not as good as series 1 yet, but it's a tough ask after one episode.

The music was good and some nice cinematography. Character-wise, there's definitely some potential.

Looking forward to next week.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 10:17]
True Detective.. on 10:15 - Jun 24 with 5049 viewsthame_hoops

True Detective.. on 09:40 - Jun 24 by TheChef

It's a tough ask to match the first series but I hope it can reach those heights.

Episode 1 is always a difficult one as it needs to set the scene and introduce the characters. Shame that they've moved out of the South and gone to California instead, but there's definitely enough there to get me to come back for episode 2. This is quite a good summary of ep 1:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jun/23/true-detective-two-review

That's a good article, cheers.

I watched it twice and picked up more 2nd time around....just what did Rachael mcadams do to her man friend in the bedroom
True Detective.. on 22:18 - Jun 29 with 4899 viewsRoller

Didn't see that coming.
True Detective.. on 00:06 - Aug 4 with 4609 viewsW14Hoop

True Detective.. on 22:18 - Jun 29 by Roller

Didn't see that coming.

Everyone give up on this or are you still watching?
Tonights penultimate was bang on point, dont want to say anything in case anyone has it on planner and aint watched yet!
True Detective.. on 06:16 - Aug 4 with 4538 viewswestberksr

True Detective.. on 00:06 - Aug 4 by W14Hoop

Everyone give up on this or are you still watching?
Tonights penultimate was bang on point, dont want to say anything in case anyone has it on planner and aint watched yet!

Haven't seen last night's yet but have stuck with TD2, whilst constantly trying to look at it through open eyes without marking it against TD1. The first series was so good that this one didn't really stand a chance.

I had hoped that the leads would raise their game through great script and direction but the first episode set the tone by trying to introduce too many main characters and has been playing catch up ever since.

Once this is finished I'm watching TD1 all over.
True Detective.. on 07:24 - Aug 4 with 4481 viewsenfieldargh

It's getting better and becoming a must see although there tends to be the odd moment of sheer boredom.

Didn't expect what happened to happen

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

True Detective.. on 08:05 - Aug 4 with 4451 viewsthame_hoops

True Detective.. on 07:24 - Aug 4 by enfieldargh

It's getting better and becoming a must see although there tends to be the odd moment of sheer boredom.

Didn't expect what happened to happen

Loved S1

Looked forward to this' stuck with it but I honestly have no clue WTF is going on at times, I'm still none the wiser, I think it's too clever for me. I'll probably watch the series again once I've seen E8

Last nights ending was sad
True Detective.. on 08:31 - Aug 4 with 4422 viewsDiscodroids

yep , gutted when woodrow got shot..

i watch each episode twice.. grittier than a fem doms grade 2 sanding block.
http://i.imgur.com/WuNhgbv.gifv

the soundtrack is boss as well.. havent had this off the i pod since true detective put me on to them

hurl captain beefheart, the doors, the cramps, traffic, cream, the byrds into a vortex with enough peyote to bring a shaman to his knees and this lp is the result.

even vince vaughn has been convincing...love his shopping list..

True Detective.. on 08:39 - Aug 4 with 4412 viewsenfieldargh

True Detective.. on 08:31 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

the soundtrack is boss as well.. havent had this off the i pod since true detective put me on to them

hurl captain beefheart, the doors, the cramps, traffic, cream, the byrds into a vortex with enough peyote to bring a shaman to his knees and this lp is the result.

His Mrs must have prepared that shopping list she's got Kevlar Vests x 2 & Tear Gas Canisters twice.

My Mrs does this with digestive biscuits and bleach

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

True Detective.. on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 4336 viewsW14Hoop

True Detective.. on 08:31 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

First episode with the new tune I thought they got some r&b warbler to do it, googled it and was pleasantly surprised to find it was old Leonard Cohan.
There’s a country lane I cycle thru to work which is akin to the “never mind” part just before the show starts, I keep thinking I’m gonna see Caspar dead on the side of the path.

Been reading online a bit and a few peeps reckon Franks wife isn’t as loyal as it seems, I hope not, he don’t deserve that, no friends in the world apart from Nails and Ray would be hard to take.
True Detective.. on 10:20 - Aug 4 with 4320 viewsDiscodroids

True Detective.. on 10:12 - Aug 4 by W14Hoop

First episode with the new tune I thought they got some r&b warbler to do it, googled it and was pleasantly surprised to find it was old Leonard Cohan.
There’s a country lane I cycle thru to work which is akin to the “never mind” part just before the show starts, I keep thinking I’m gonna see Caspar dead on the side of the path.

Been reading online a bit and a few peeps reckon Franks wife isn’t as loyal as it seems, I hope not, he don’t deserve that, no friends in the world apart from Nails and Ray would be hard to take.

true mate, i want ray and frank to skip off into the sun and live happily ever after.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024