Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
True Detective.. 12:38 - Jun 23 with 8393 viewsDiscodroids

One episode in and you just know its not going to touch last year.Got some way to go to eclipse the first series.
when the Killers mentally retarded concubine complained that he "had'nt made flower"s with her" he put this deaths head hag on his knee, and in sweet county mayo brogue , got her to talk about her grandad fcking her in the fields 'with the sun on her back".

" tell me in detail with your slow, slow head" while he brutally fragged her .
or when he was in his laura ashley slaughter house, (with his victims knickers and pants everywhere like scatter cushions ,stamping on his dog .. 'sorry old boy" in clipped james mason tones , wandering the sick den of spunk and blood and delivering a dirk bogard inspired soliloquy as if he were in the parlour in 'the remains of the day'

fack me i thought.. im in the presence of something special here.

the scene where Rust is running through that project after that drug robbery had with the redneck bikers had gone tits up ..just incredible.

he's face at the end of this.. ave some of that you cahnts.

astonishing acting and script....

[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 12:48]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

True Detective.. on 10:24 - Aug 4 with 2694 viewsW14Hoop

True Detective.. on 10:20 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

true mate, i want ray and frank to skip off into the sun and live happily ever after.

Disco, I also watch it twice but that’s mainly to try and understand just what the faaack has been spoken. Some of Frank and Ray’s dialogue I couldn’t understand 1st time around.
True Detective.. on 10:28 - Aug 4 with 2689 viewsDiscodroids

True Detective.. on 10:24 - Aug 4 by W14Hoop

Disco, I also watch it twice but that’s mainly to try and understand just what the faaack has been spoken. Some of Frank and Ray’s dialogue I couldn’t understand 1st time around.

same here mate!. i watch it again when im in my pinny doing the ironing !.( the mrs, jo doesnt involve herself in such mundane matters..).

i pick uploads from watching it the second time around.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

True Detective.. on 11:09 - Aug 4 with 2661 viewsHunterhoop

True Detective.. on 10:28 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

same here mate!. i watch it again when im in my pinny doing the ironing !.( the mrs, jo doesnt involve herself in such mundane matters..).

i pick uploads from watching it the second time around.

Given the useless technophobe I am, can someone tell me where I can find episode 8 (the final one) from series 1. Bastard Sky+ failed to record it all those months ago and I refuse to buy the whole box set but I desperately want to watch it. Series 1 was brilliant. Matthew McConaughey is brilliant. I think I have a small man crush on him.
True Detective.. on 11:20 - Aug 4 with 2653 viewsTonto

do you have sky or virgin?

ON sky, they have box sets.. True Detective s1 was on that a few weeks ago... it may have come off though.

Failing that try netflix or amazon prime.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

True Detective.. on 11:25 - Aug 4 with 2649 viewsHunterhoop

True Detective.. on 11:20 - Aug 4 by Tonto

do you have sky or virgin?

ON sky, they have box sets.. True Detective s1 was on that a few weeks ago... it may have come off though.

Failing that try netflix or amazon prime.

Cheers, Chris. I have Sky but not the package where the box sets are free and I don't want to pay the whole box set for the one episode...
True Detective.. on 11:55 - Aug 4 with 2628 viewsTonto

in that case you could try Apple store - they do individual episodes of some stuff...

True Detective.. on 20:51 - Sep 13 with 2484 viewsYorkRanger

Just finished Series 2 via Sky planner. Thought it was excellent and trumped series 1. Highly recommended.
True Detective.. on 09:05 - Sep 14 with 2414 viewswestberksr

True Detective.. on 20:51 - Sep 13 by YorkRanger

Just finished Series 2 via Sky planner. Thought it was excellent and trumped series 1. Highly recommended.

found it the other way round. much preferred series 1 with just the 2 characters and the altering timeline. thought they tried to cram too much into series 2 with 4 headline characters leaving too many blanks and spaces for assumptions.

still a good series though.
Login to get fewer ads

True Detective.. on 14:57 - Sep 14 with 2364 viewsFirehoop

stuck with series2, not as good as series 1 in my opinion but still a great
watch. watch out for the amazing gun fight down town !!!!!
True Detective.. on 15:48 - Sep 14 with 2348 viewsLblock

Agree series 2 not a patch on series 1 .... but still excellent

I have to say the young lady in Series 2 floated my boat -- a bstrd merger of Kylie Minogue and Sarah Beeney.
Nice!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

True Detective.. on 15:51 - Sep 14 with 2346 viewsTonto

Series 2 suffered from just not being series 1. if they had called it something else, or it had been series 1, i think we would have been much more positive about it. It was good, not great, and a little slow at times (then again wasnt the first one)? Either way it was very watchable - on of the better things on telly this year

True Detective.. on 19:53 - Sep 14 with 2290 viewsthame_hoops

True Detective.. on 15:51 - Sep 14 by Tonto

Series 2 suffered from just not being series 1. if they had called it something else, or it had been series 1, i think we would have been much more positive about it. It was good, not great, and a little slow at times (then again wasnt the first one)? Either way it was very watchable - on of the better things on telly this year

agree, i didnt have a scooby what was going on and i didnt really care who killed the corrupt politician where as in s1 i cared who the killer was and was on the edge of my seat during the carcosa episode. I read a really good series 2 article just before the finale that explained it all thank god. Love vince vaughan but kept expecting him to crack jokes and his serious talks with his wife seemed badly acted, she was odd.
True Detective.. on 21:19 - Sep 14 with 2266 viewswestberksr

Forgot how irritatnig Vince and his Mrs were, giving the pseudo intelligent chat and trying to make every conversation like a latter day LA Shakespearian drama.

There scenes were so over the top bullshit that I'd find myself shouting at the TV for them to get a fukkin move on; not my finest moment of TV stupidity
True Detective.. on 21:38 - Sep 14 with 2257 viewsMrSheen

It was beautifully shot and Rachel McAdams and Colin Farrell were very good, but after a very promising start it ground to a halt with an overcomplicated plot, that relied on ludicrous set-pieces to go forward. Having the evil money men break off from their orgy to explain their wicked plot and leave their paperwork out for the cops would have been too feeble for corny old rubbish like The Persuaders. And Vince Vaughan and his boring, lifeless wife took the the title for dullest plot line in a major series from Nucky Thompson and Mrs Schroder in Boardwalk Empire, which is really saying something.
True Detective.. on 02:25 - Sep 15 with 2230 viewsisawqpratwcity

True Detective.. on 21:19 - Sep 14 by westberksr

Forgot how irritatnig Vince and his Mrs were, giving the pseudo intelligent chat and trying to make every conversation like a latter day LA Shakespearian drama.

There scenes were so over the top bullshit that I'd find myself shouting at the TV for them to get a fukkin move on; not my finest moment of TV stupidity

If you don't find yourself yelling at the TV occasionally, you don't belong on LFW.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

True Detective.. on 12:18 - Sep 15 with 2116 viewsYorkRanger

True Detective.. on 15:51 - Sep 14 by Tonto

I found series 1 very slow at times and slower than series 2. That said I also really enjoyed Series 1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024