Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norn Iron 21:36 - Nov 9 with 7353 viewsLblock

You’ll not see a worse penalty decision

The cuckoo boys deserved the win but come on
The game looked too big for this Ref

Good luck to the greens on Sunday

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Norn Iron on 21:47 - Nov 9 with 4494 viewskomradkirk

shocking decision by the ref who was bad all night.
to be honest we could have lost by two or three.we were pretty bad and the Swiss were more than decent.

but, another chance on sunday.

CMON NORN IRON
Norn Iron on 21:54 - Nov 9 with 4470 viewsSnipper

Norn Iron on 21:47 - Nov 9 by komradkirk

shocking decision by the ref who was bad all night.
to be honest we could have lost by two or three.we were pretty bad and the Swiss were more than decent.

but, another chance on sunday.

CMON NORN IRON

One of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen. Also a yellow card so he misses the second leg.

How it wasn't a sending off for the Swiss after 5 mins is also ridiculous.
Norn Iron on 22:01 - Nov 9 with 4451 viewsLblock

Norn Iron on 21:54 - Nov 9 by Snipper

One of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen. Also a yellow card so he misses the second leg.

How it wasn't a sending off for the Swiss after 5 mins is also ridiculous.

Very, very suspect display from the Ref

Whilst Norn Iron weren’t much bottle I did feel they were stopped from building any momentum with dodgy free kicks, Lafferty only got one decision all evening
Never did like the Swiss even before Rosie’s bank account

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Norn Iron on 22:04 - Nov 9 with 4444 viewsacricketer

Is he Panamanian?
Norn Iron on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 4364 viewsDanVanDyke

Even with my Swiss blinkers on, it was a poor decision but the ref was poor for both teams in constantly whistling all night.

We were so much the better team though, hoping for another good display on Sunday as I will be St Jakob Park. Keep an eye out for the Swiss/QPR flag. Hopp Schwiiz
Norn Iron on 00:16 - Nov 10 with 4287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Missed the game, unfortunately.

Hard luck to the North. Hope ye do it in the second leg.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Norn Iron on 00:28 - Nov 10 with 4278 viewsbob566

Norn iron were terrible. Never a penalty though. Switzerland are a tidy side. Can't see the north scoring in the reverse leg unfortunately
Norn Iron on 07:13 - Nov 10 with 4161 viewseghamranger

Norn Iron on 00:28 - Nov 10 by bob566

Norn iron were terrible. Never a penalty though. Switzerland are a tidy side. Can't see the north scoring in the reverse leg unfortunately

They need a decent championship footballer that nicks goals for fun.. 😳
Login to get fewer ads

Norn Iron on 07:19 - Nov 10 with 4155 viewsWatford_Ranger

Expect Washington to play now in the second leg now they have to go for it.

Thought Savile looked lively when he came on and would surely be a better bet than Magennis out wide who offered a crap long throw and nothing else.
Norn Iron on 07:38 - Nov 10 with 4132 viewskomradkirk

I like the hustle and bustle of two wee men like washington and ward and think it is worth a go with that on sunday
Norn Iron on 07:54 - Nov 10 with 4117 viewsPommyhoop

Video refs anyone?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Norn Iron on 09:31 - Nov 10 with 4031 viewspaulparker

Disgusting decision , its a fix pure and simple arnt Fifa based in Switzerland ?
they couldn't have them not qualify a bit like france against ROI a few years back
I used to love the world cup but its a corporate money making tournament run by gangsters

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Norn Iron on 09:37 - Nov 10 with 4024 viewsWatford_Ranger

Norn Iron on 09:31 - Nov 10 by paulparker

Disgusting decision , its a fix pure and simple arnt Fifa based in Switzerland ?
they couldn't have them not qualify a bit like france against ROI a few years back
I used to love the world cup but its a corporate money making tournament run by gangsters

The thought had crossed my mind but Switzerland are of no commercial relevance unlike France. Just sheer incompetence, guessing based on seeing an arm up and a couple of Swiss players appealing. Where was the linesman through all of this?
Norn Iron on 09:47 - Nov 10 with 4004 viewsterryb

No, it wasn't a penalty.

But let's be fair about this game. Switzerland were at least four goals better than Northern Ireland. The Irish performance was even worse than watching England!

Coming on as subs, Ward & Washington contributed more than the other eleven outfield players combined.
Norn Iron on 09:54 - Nov 10 with 3995 viewsWatford_Ranger

Norn Iron on 09:47 - Nov 10 by terryb

No, it wasn't a penalty.

But let's be fair about this game. Switzerland were at least four goals better than Northern Ireland. The Irish performance was even worse than watching England!

Coming on as subs, Ward & Washington contributed more than the other eleven outfield players combined.

The Swiss had all the play but only two shots on target and didn't do a lot themselves. Just hope NI nick a goal to leave the Swiss fearing away goals but if this was England we'd never hear the end of it.
Norn Iron on 12:10 - Nov 10 with 3875 viewsHarbour

Agreee it was a terrible decision and never a penalty. Have I seen as bad penalty decision yes the young pen at old Trafford against Sean Derry never a pen. The pen we won against Millwall when ball hit the guys arm Charlie stepped up and scored but never a pen bit similar to the Ni decision
Norn Iron on 13:23 - Nov 10 with 3788 viewsTGRRRSSS

Norn Iron on 09:37 - Nov 10 by Watford_Ranger

The thought had crossed my mind but Switzerland are of no commercial relevance unlike France. Just sheer incompetence, guessing based on seeing an arm up and a couple of Swiss players appealing. Where was the linesman through all of this?

Still FIFA's home in effect, besides as I saw on Twitter before the game a tweet (from I think FInney) reminding everyone Blatter is Swiss.
Norn Iron on 17:35 - Nov 10 with 3665 viewsPinnerPaul

Norn Iron on 09:37 - Nov 10 by Watford_Ranger

Yeah, can see what you mean.

The ball didn't hit his arm, but can see why referee gave it - its the position of NI player's arm that has done it, as you say.

As referee 5 yards from incident no way is AR getting involved from 25 yards away.
Norn Iron on 23:49 - Nov 10 with 3521 viewsDanVanDyke

Norn Iron on 09:31 - Nov 10 by paulparker

Don't bite, don't bite, don't bite. Aah WTF...this is just embarrassing. So basically you think there is an international fix where Switzerland have to qualify because FIFA is based there? That explains our excellent record in tournaments due to all the refereeing help we've been getting. But, Portugal must be higher up in the strata cos the ref allowed them to beat us 2 - 0 in our last game forcing us into the play offs?

Or it could just be a poor decision, they happen. And it could also be that Norn Iron, much as I like them and the connections to the Hoops, are moaning on about a decision to mask the fact that they were utter gash on the night.
Norn Iron on 01:02 - Nov 11 with 3495 viewsTacticalR

I was listening to Five Live and somebody said Northern Ireland have been left with a mountain to climb in Switzerland.

Air hostess clique

Norn Iron on 01:10 - Nov 11 with 3491 viewsbob566

Norn Iron on 23:49 - Nov 10 by DanVanDyke

Don't bite, don't bite, don't bite. Aah WTF...this is just embarrassing. So basically you think there is an international fix where Switzerland have to qualify because FIFA is based there? That explains our excellent record in tournaments due to all the refereeing help we've been getting. But, Portugal must be higher up in the strata cos the ref allowed them to beat us 2 - 0 in our last game forcing us into the play offs?

Or it could just be a poor decision, they happen. And it could also be that Norn Iron, much as I like them and the connections to the Hoops, are moaning on about a decision to mask the fact that they were utter gash on the night.

they were crap. We wouldn't be hearing about the pen had Switzerland won by more.
Norn Iron on 09:08 - Nov 11 with 3432 viewsmcqpr10

I’m all for the home nations qualifying and hope they overturn it in Switzerland but they were so bad. Switzerland had all the technical players on the pitch and watching Northern Ireland is like watching a league one match. The right back looked like he was plucked from the nearest park.
Norn Iron on 10:12 - Nov 11 with 3390 viewsDixie_CT

The only thing that counts as goals in football are goals. All this expected goals per game rubbish!

Nothing changes the game like a goal. One of The beauties of football is a team can be under pressure for 94 minutes but hold out then go up and score to win (Play off final anyone??(

It was 0-0 and a horrendous decision. Yes a video ref would have solved it but a simple 10 second chat on thr mic with linesman/4th official would have helped.

REF: 'Lads, I'm unsure that was a penalty'
LINO: Ha ha 'Have you been drinking?'
REF 'Ok no need to take the piss, just checking'

Plus does everything have to be a conspiracy theory these days? There could be some dark arts going on but no facts to back it up. Is there a chance it could have been human error and it played out naturally?

Fact is stranger than Fiction
Norn Iron on 10:31 - Nov 11 with 3370 viewsLongsufferingR

Norn Iron on 13:23 - Nov 10 by TGRRRSSS

Still FIFA's home in effect, besides as I saw on Twitter before the game a tweet (from I think FInney) reminding everyone Blatter is Swiss.

"Blatter is Swiss". Not really relevant as he's no longer in charge. Does anybody really believe that FIFA give a monkey's whether it's Switzerland or NI who qualify?

Also, would we be hearing the same arguments about VAR if the dodgy penalty had been given the other way? I doubt it.

Blinkers off guys. The better team won.
Norn Iron on 11:09 - Nov 11 with 3349 viewsTacticalR

Norn Iron on 10:31 - Nov 11 by LongsufferingR

"Blatter is Swiss". Not really relevant as he's no longer in charge. Does anybody really believe that FIFA give a monkey's whether it's Switzerland or NI who qualify?

Also, would we be hearing the same arguments about VAR if the dodgy penalty had been given the other way? I doubt it.

Blinkers off guys. The better team won.

Those who deny the conspiracy are part of the conspiracy.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024