Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson 15:31 - Jul 19 with 5070 viewsreal_loftus

Absolutely outrageous that the Met copper got off the manslaughter charge. I mean, its not as if he was caught bang to rights on camera....no, wait...

The copper had a horrendous disciplinary record, and will no doubt retire on compassionate grounds on full pension.

This country.......

ATAF.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:36 - Jul 19 with 1071 viewsNorthernr

Second trial in two weeks where I conclude he's guilty as sin but the verdict was inevitable.

I particularly like the bit where it turns out the copper had previously been put on a force disciplinary charge for losing his rag in a road rage incident. He got out of that by retiring on medical grounds, and then they rehired him
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:41 - Jul 19 with 1051 viewsingeminate

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:36 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Second trial in two weeks where I conclude he's guilty as sin but the verdict was inevitable.

I particularly like the bit where it turns out the copper had previously been put on a force disciplinary charge for losing his rag in a road rage incident. He got out of that by retiring on medical grounds, and then they rehired him

I know! I literally just read that - it doesn't especially fit in to the case I'm trying to make that a rap on the knuckes and losing your job is the best way forward if a few years on you can just walk back in to the job in question!

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:41 - Jul 19 with 1052 viewsessextaxiboy

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:35 - Jul 19 by real_loftus

Well no, they didnt hear ALL the evidence. Harwood's history of violence and disciplinary issues were deemed inadmissible apparently.

Of course they were not admissable , he was on trial for this offence , nothing else . If previous was allowed you would get the police charging anyone with a relevant record for stuff they didnt do and jurys convicting just cos he did it last time .
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:45 - Jul 19 with 1046 viewsNorthernr

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:41 - Jul 19 by essextaxiboy

Of course they were not admissable , he was on trial for this offence , nothing else . If previous was allowed you would get the police charging anyone with a relevant record for stuff they didnt do and jurys convicting just cos he did it last time .

I agree with you to a certain extent, but more often than not that rule is used to get people who are obviously guilty off. If you've sat in court before then you'll know if the defence isn't putting up a load of character witnesses and saying what a splendid bloke the defendant is and how good his character is then it means he's got previous, but most jurors won't know that and won't realise.

How can it possibly be fair that the jury doesn't know this is a police officer with a history of violence and loss of temper when on duty when they're trying him for being violent and losing his temper on duty? It's ridiculous.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:48 - Jul 19 with 1038 viewsQPR1506

I was not aware of Tomlinsons previuos indescretions. The Justice system is screwed if previous incidents are not allowed to be used as evidence !!

In Redknapp We Trust !

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:53 - Jul 19 with 1026 viewsNorthernr

Top fella is old PC Harwood. Just don't do anything that might send him into what he himself describes as "red mist mode."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/19/simon-harwood-disciplinary-proceedings
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:57 - Jul 19 with 1018 viewsNorthernr

When asked by the prosecution barrister to list options available to the police to move somebody on in a public order situation, he listed the following before he mentioned a "vocal request" for them to move.

Baton strike to arm
Baton strike to leg
Pushing
Kicking
Punching
CS spray
handcuffs

After vocal request he went onto list

Use of firearm
Attack with riot shield
Deliver a life threatening strike.

Not guilty
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 1012 viewsPacal_Votan

Would you "accept" it if it was your dad?

F@ck off.

"Try the whine!!!"

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:02 - Jul 19 with 1003 viewsessextaxiboy

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:48 - Jul 19 by QPR1506

I was not aware of Tomlinsons previuos indescretions. The Justice system is screwed if previous incidents are not allowed to be used as evidence !!

They are not evidence. If you are concerned about police corruption its the only way . if you had 2 or three convictions for burglary , sorted yourself out and went straight you would be convicted in an instant by a jury for something you didnt do when they heard your past .. it really would be a licence for police corruptikn imo.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:03 - Jul 19 with 995 viewsTheBlob

I smell a mistrial ruling.

Good job it ain't hot,might have had another riot on our hands.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:05 - Jul 19 with 985 viewsscot1963

but as Ron said, evidence regarding the victim's health was allowed, which does not have any bearing on causation. You can see how the information about the victim's health would have been taken on board and influenced the jury by looking at some of the posts on this thread
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:10 - Jul 19 with 973 viewsessextaxiboy

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:58 - Jul 19 by Pacal_Votan

Would you "accept" it if it was your dad?

F@ck off.

No i would be angry and bitter .
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:19 - Jul 19 with 961 viewsPacal_Votan

So as long as it doesn't affect you then you're basically saying that those related to the murdered Father should accept it.

"Try the whine!!!"

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:38 - Jul 19 with 940 viewsessextaxiboy

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:19 - Jul 19 by Pacal_Votan

So as long as it doesn't affect you then you're basically saying that those related to the murdered Father should accept it.

No not at all... i mean as a society we should accept it . You cant make law personal . it has to be objective and consistent so we buy into it .
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:05 - Jul 19 with 905 viewsnadera78

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 17:57 - Jul 19 by Northernr

When asked by the prosecution barrister to list options available to the police to move somebody on in a public order situation, he listed the following before he mentioned a "vocal request" for them to move.

Baton strike to arm
Baton strike to leg
Pushing
Kicking
Punching
CS spray
handcuffs

After vocal request he went onto list

Use of firearm
Attack with riot shield
Deliver a life threatening strike.

Not guilty

I notice he didn't list ramming a man's head into a police van, which is what he'd done earlier on that day.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:05 - Jul 19 with 895 viewsfblockasia

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:38 - Jul 19 by essextaxiboy

No not at all... i mean as a society we should accept it . You cant make law personal . it has to be objective and consistent so we buy into it .

" as a society we should accept it "

speechless
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:07 - Jul 19 with 891 viewsFDC

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 18:38 - Jul 19 by essextaxiboy

It's neither objective nor consistent and I don't buy it.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:16 - Jul 19 with 876 viewsFDC

Whilst we're talking about previous, I was at a protest last summer when a middle-aged woman was suddenly snatched up by those lovely TAU chaps. There was a Green and Black Cross person nearby so myself and my other half gave some contact details so we could provide evidence if it went to trial.

I happened to bump into the same GBC member recently, who told me that the woman had been advised by her solicitor to admit a public disorder offence, on the grounds that she had previously been tried for a similar thing, and pleading not guilty could have landed her with a custodial sentence.

The punch-line is that the circumstances of her previous misdemeanor were pretty much identical. So intimidation of protestors by indiscriminate arrests basically, it happens all the time.

Meanwhile, 10 activists in Italy have all been given long custodial sentences for public disorder at the Genoa protests in 2001, whilst the police that stormed the school indiscriminately battering the fck out of people, killing one and injuring many, receive - yep fck all.

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:55 - Jul 19 with 847 viewssmegma

"Details of PC Simon Harwood's disciplinary history, disclosed at pre-inquest hearings and pre-trial hearings, include allegations that he punched, throttled, kneed, threatened and unlawfully arrested people. They show he avoided likely disciplinary proceedings by the Metropolitan police over an alleged road rage incident by resigning owing to ill health. He later joined another force before moving back to the Met".

How was he allowed to rejoin the Met after leaving due to ill health ? Did he get a pension when leaving the Met (as happens in most cases)?No doubt he'll resign again due to ill health.

This case stinks worse than the JT case.A man was killed, even if it wasn't murder , the inquest ruled he was killed unlawfully. Good luck to the family in their pursuit of justice.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 20:11 - Jul 19 with 830 viewswillis1980

Everything about this case makes my blood boil, if a regular member of the public had done this theyd be serving time. At this point Im not sure what is worse, the fact this parasite walked free or the fact that theres people daft enough to defend him. I wonder how this twunt would feel if someone cracked him over the back of the head while he walks out of court.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 20:42 - Jul 19 with 805 viewsMrSheen

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 19:16 - Jul 19 by FDC

Whilst we're talking about previous, I was at a protest last summer when a middle-aged woman was suddenly snatched up by those lovely TAU chaps. There was a Green and Black Cross person nearby so myself and my other half gave some contact details so we could provide evidence if it went to trial.

I happened to bump into the same GBC member recently, who told me that the woman had been advised by her solicitor to admit a public disorder offence, on the grounds that she had previously been tried for a similar thing, and pleading not guilty could have landed her with a custodial sentence.

The punch-line is that the circumstances of her previous misdemeanor were pretty much identical. So intimidation of protestors by indiscriminate arrests basically, it happens all the time.

Meanwhile, 10 activists in Italy have all been given long custodial sentences for public disorder at the Genoa protests in 2001, whilst the police that stormed the school indiscriminately battering the fck out of people, killing one and injuring many, receive - yep fck all.

Have you got a link about the 10 long sentences?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_G8_summit
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 20:51 - Jul 19 with 785 viewsFDC

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 20:42 - Jul 19 by MrSheen

Have you got a link about the 10 long sentences?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_G8_summit

http://en.contrainfo.espiv.net/2012/07/14/rome-eleven-years-after-the-g8-summit-

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/07/497976.html

http://www.agi.it/english-version/italy/elenco-notizie/201207132050-cro-ren1092-

Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 20:58 - Jul 19 with 763 viewsMrSheen

Got another.
http://www.statewatch.org/news/2010/mar/08italy-genoa-g8-appeals.htm
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:00 - Jul 19 with 758 viewsBrightonhoop

Astonishingly I find myself agreeing with real....

There's a good argument in Law for not making previous convictions admissable, as in this case, there was more than enough evidence to convict alone on the footage. Even the filth around him looked shocked at his assault on a bloke walking away with his hands in his pockets. So as noted there were no grounds to place the deceased's health to the jury either as it could, and possibly has, unbalanced the case.
Either way, those Jurors will be feeling complete and utter knobheads tonight. There's been arguments in the past that Jury's should be of a certain IQ, this case supports that argument.
Non QPR - Ian Tomlinson on 21:01 - Jul 19 with 757 viewsTGRRRSSS

Taxiboy

If Tomlinson was in the place of Harwood he'd be in a cell now, this idea of what is and isn't admissable evidence is a joke within itself as evidenced by health of Tomlinson veruses previous by a Police Constable.

All that being said and whilst i think Harwood guilty as hell how many were on here at the time of riots last summer saying OB should be allowed to get stuck into the scum, you can't have it both ways.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024