Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical Football Evening 22:46 - Oct 12 with 7898 viewsPatfromPoole

Add your own punchline.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Tactical Football Evening on 00:56 - Oct 16 with 1512 viewsericofarabia

I'll just leave this here.
Saints v Leeds at home recently, probably our biggest win in a long while?

Shots 10 -15
Possession 47 - 53%
Passes 442 - 492
Pass Accuracy 84 - 85%
Corners 5 - 6
Tactical Football Evening on 06:23 - Oct 18 with 1394 viewsPatfromPoole

The tactical masterclass is tonight, then.

All anybody might need to know about how to finish midtable.

Any Uglies going????

Tactical Football Evening on 17:52 - Oct 18 with 1320 viewsTripleNiemi

Tactical Football Evening on 06:23 - Oct 18 by PatfromPoole

The tactical masterclass is tonight, then.

All anybody might need to know about how to finish midtable.

Any Uglies going????

Hopefully SaintRob will be there at the front to give us his thoughts and summaries……...oh how I want his babies
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 17:56]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Tactical Football Evening on 18:12 - Oct 18 with 1307 viewsfranniesTache

Tactical Football Evening on 17:52 - Oct 18 by TripleNiemi

Hopefully SaintRob will be there at the front to give us his thoughts and summaries……...oh how I want his babies
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 17:56]

It's his year zero, Saint Rob is our Pol Pot and this is the re-education camp for us oiks who don't understand football as well as a pizza faced private school kid who only started going a few seasons ago
Tactical Football Evening on 23:39 - Oct 18 with 1173 viewsSFC_Referee

Certainly was interesting to attend, although a little peed off they didn’t allow a few more questions in the Q&A part at the end, but mainly just had the pre proposed questions. As I’d of loved to of been able to ask at the end as to what the clubs minimal expectations were for this season and where they expected us to finish

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Tactical Football Evening on 08:34 - Oct 19 with 1085 viewsPatfromPoole

Tactical Football Evening on 23:39 - Oct 18 by SFC_Referee

Certainly was interesting to attend, although a little peed off they didn’t allow a few more questions in the Q&A part at the end, but mainly just had the pre proposed questions. As I’d of loved to of been able to ask at the end as to what the clubs minimal expectations were for this season and where they expected us to finish

Why on earth would you want to ask that?

Would just be met with a bland “we want to finish as high up the league as possible” response.

He’s hardly going to say “play-offs as an absolute minimum”.

Or “I expect us to finish 3rd, about 20 points behind Leicester and 10 points behind Leeds. Before coming unstuck in the play-offs against Sunderland….”

Do you think???

Tactical Football Evening on 10:20 - Oct 19 with 1031 viewsIanSouthstander

Tactical Football Evening on 23:39 - Oct 18 by SFC_Referee

"Interesting" doesn't do this event justice. It was a fantastic evening and very enlightening.
The detail Jason and Russell went into i've not seen the like of before. Clips of games explaining tactics and why passes were made and what passes should of been made . Wow.
Even the swedish guy who teaches set pieces explained our positional set up and why we don't keep a couple of attackers upfield when defending corners.
I'd say there were twice as many fans attending last nights event as against the fans forum at the start of the season.
Jason and Russell got a tremendous ovation ,which was fully deserved. Afterwards, i spoke to many fans and every one of them thought this was an outstanding presentation.
I'm on board, and can't wait for the club to put on another event like this.
I'm sorry that you didn't get the chance to pose your question, but they did give supporters every opportunity.
Tactical Football Evening on 10:32 - Oct 19 with 1023 viewsSP4Saint

I think I've worked it out. If we score, we concede possession and that goes against the grain. Possession without scoring is the way to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Tactical Football Evening on 11:04 - Oct 19 with 1005 viewsPatfromPoole

Tactical Football Evening on 10:20 - Oct 19 by IanSouthstander

"Interesting" doesn't do this event justice. It was a fantastic evening and very enlightening.
The detail Jason and Russell went into i've not seen the like of before. Clips of games explaining tactics and why passes were made and what passes should of been made . Wow.
Even the swedish guy who teaches set pieces explained our positional set up and why we don't keep a couple of attackers upfield when defending corners.
I'd say there were twice as many fans attending last nights event as against the fans forum at the start of the season.
Jason and Russell got a tremendous ovation ,which was fully deserved. Afterwards, i spoke to many fans and every one of them thought this was an outstanding presentation.
I'm sorry that you didn't get the chance to pose your question, but they did give supporters every opportunity.

“Russ and Jase” could sell ice to eskimos, yes?

Tactical Football Evening on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 999 viewssaints__fan__73

Given this and our highest wage bill in the league it's astonishing why we aren't doing so much better and have conceded more goals than all bar one team in the league (and 3 more than the team bottom).

Must be bad luck I guess.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Tactical Football Evening on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 995 viewsI_would

You shouldn't really be on here when you're working for saints FC. It's a bit naughty especially when you spout positive drivel about Jason and Russell and their fatally flawed tactics that haven't worked and will never work.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Tactical Football Evening on 11:23 - Oct 19 with 995 viewsgrumpy

Tactical Football Evening on 11:18 - Oct 19 by saints__fan__73

Given this and our highest wage bill in the league it's astonishing why we aren't doing so much better and have conceded more goals than all bar one team in the league (and 3 more than the team bottom).

Must be bad luck I guess.

Bad Luck nah!
Poor Manager/Managers yes.
Tactical Football Evening on 11:49 - Oct 19 with 975 viewsBerber

When we see this marvellous understanding translated to wins on the pitch, maybe I may have to reassess my views, but until then nah thanks. “Nearly” in the championship doesn’t do it for me, le alone dismal losses to lowly teams.
Tactical Football Evening on 12:04 - Oct 19 with 965 viewsButty101

Did they explain why we dont need to leave anyone back, when we have a corner?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tactical Football Evening on 12:49 - Oct 19 with 942 viewsBuggalugs

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Tactical Football Evening on 13:46 - Oct 19 with 906 viewsgrumpy

Tactical Football Evening on 13:49 - Oct 19 with 893 viewsIanSouthstander

Tactical Football Evening on 11:22 - Oct 19 by I_would

You shouldn't really be on here when you're working for saints FC. It's a bit naughty especially when you spout positive drivel about Jason and Russell and their fatally flawed tactics that haven't worked and will never work.

As opposed to you, who just shouldn't be on here.
Tactical Football Evening on 13:54 - Oct 19 with 891 viewsIanSouthstander

Tactical Football Evening on 12:49 - Oct 19 by Buggalugs

Perhaps if a few of you went last night with an open mind, you might just of learned something. Instead you'd all rather keep sniping from the sidelines.
Tactical Football Evening on 13:59 - Oct 19 with 889 viewsSaintNick

Tactical Football Evening on 13:54 - Oct 19 by IanSouthstander

Perhaps if a few of you went last night with an open mind, you might just of learned something. Instead you'd all rather keep sniping from the sidelines.

I didnt go last night, but I have some sympathy with the manager in that most of our goals this season have been from individual error, that is something the manager can do nothing about

A fair few blame possession football as the only reason why things havent quite gone our way yet, it is now the catch all reason for why we are 1 point off the play offs instead of in the top 2.

The system has evolved since the opening games, give it a chance to keep evolving unless you have a better realistic idea, one better than the one this time last year which was if we just sack Hasenhuttl all will be well !

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tactical Football Evening on 15:07 - Oct 19 with 865 viewsChesham_Saint

It really is a brave new world.

Hopefully you were being humorous Ian?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Tactical Football Evening on 15:40 - Oct 19 with 853 viewsBerber

Tactical Football Evening on 13:54 - Oct 19 by IanSouthstander

We are ALL on the sidelines chum.
Tactical Football Evening on 16:07 - Oct 19 with 838 viewsButty101

Tactical Football Evening on 13:59 - Oct 19 by SaintNick

I didnt go last night, but I have some sympathy with the manager in that most of our goals this season have been from individual error, that is something the manager can do nothing about

A fair few blame possession football as the only reason why things havent quite gone our way yet, it is now the catch all reason for why we are 1 point off the play offs instead of in the top 2.

The system has evolved since the opening games, give it a chance to keep evolving unless you have a better realistic idea, one better than the one this time last year which was if we just sack Hasenhuttl all will be well !

Nick are you here just to disagree with the blindingly obvious? Our defence is conceding bucket load of goals because of the way we play. Look at the managers history and you will see he can’t organize a defence to save his life

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tactical Football Evening on 17:44 - Oct 19 with 813 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's very simple. We want to see the team win. There is nothing enlightening about theoretical drivel that resulted in a five nil defeat at Sunderland, a thrashing by our "rivals" Leicester at home and then a draw against Rotherham, who had previously lost every away game until they met us. Our last minute wins and a scrappy lucky one nil win at Stoke to have us sitting in the mighty position of tenth in the Championship, miles behind the top two is not enlightening, it's unacceptable.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Tactical Football Evening on 21:01 - Oct 19 with 738 viewshedgeend61

'Even the swedish guy who teaches set pieces explained our positional set up and why we don't keep a couple of attackers upfield when defending corners'.

What did the Swedish fella say about not leaving a couple up field when defending corners?as I've never understood this.

He probably knows plenty more about football than I ever will, but what's the point of bringing a couple of midgets back to defend, especially when the our defenders recently can't properly.
Surely all 11 of ours back in our box causes more confusion, with never an outlet for a quick break if we gain possession.

I'm obviously missing something as many teams do this, can anyone enlighten me?
Tactical Football Evening on 23:05 - Oct 19 with 695 viewsSaintNick

Tactical Football Evening on 16:07 - Oct 19 by Butty101

Nick are you here just to disagree with the blindingly obvious? Our defence is conceding bucket load of goals because of the way we play. Look at the managers history and you will see he can’t organize a defence to save his life

As I said in the article that was the case in the first 6 games but not the last 5, how many games do we go before people start to give him a chance, last season he had a team at Swansea with far less quality so theoretically he should do better here.

Perhaps we will get stuffed on Saturday but why worry about that until it happens, I take it one game at a time and dont keep harping back to mistakes 8 games ago

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024