Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread 22:00 - Aug 16 with 44297 viewsKeithHaynes

Our very own RWC thread.

Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England will join 16 other nations as they compete for the ultimate prize in rugby – the Webb Ellis Cup – which was last won by the Springboks in 2019. The opening match of Rugby World Cup 2023 will see hosts France face three-time winners New Zealand on Friday 8th September. The final will take place seven weeks later on Saturday 28th October.

Click on the link to enlarge the fixtures.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:37 - Oct 16 with 1351 viewsbuilthjack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

A few unreported moments in Marseille last night.
Between Wales and England followers.
Doesn’t happen in rugby see.

A few skirmishes in Toulon on Thursday night between Wales and England fans.
That won’t be in the Western Mail.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:11 - Oct 16 with 1305 viewstrampie

Looks to me if it was an illegal charge down by SA., when I seen it live I thought Ramos doesn't take a long run up and was well back that and he doesn't twitch like Dan Bigger or other kickers and that Kolbe would have to have run 25 yards in like 2 seconds.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:34 - Oct 16 with 1267 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:16 - Oct 16 by majorraglan

I don’t think we choked it, I just think we aren’t good enough. We had an awful 6 nations and have been poor for a few years. We don't have the grunt up front and we should have kept the ball away from Argentina and moved their pack all over the place, but we kicked it back to them and they just pounded in to us 🤬.
While we do have some decent backs, we kick a lot of the ball away and it means the opposition just run it back at us.

What I liked about NZ yesterday was that when they ran the ball they always had support runners looking for the offload in contact, if the player went to ground the support was there to win the ball back and go again. We tend to make breaks, go for an extra few meters but it results in the player getting isolated and losing the ball- better teams and players go for the extra meter, but they also win the ball back.

Got to win our own line outs and scrums. If we can’t do that it’s all over!

Missed both of todays games as I went to watch the football, reading the reports I feel for Fiji.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 1:05]

If you lose concentration and control,you are choking.
Aimless running,kicks to nowhere,three lines out in a row screwed up .
It is a mental condition we have .
Compare our incompetence with that what was seen last evening .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1265 viewstheloneranger

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:37 - Oct 16 by builthjack

A few skirmishes in Toulon on Thursday night between Wales and England fans.
That won’t be in the Western Mail.

Don't forget the good old England rugby supporters at their match!! 😂

[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 8:42]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:08 - Oct 17 with 1090 viewsshingle

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:16 - Oct 16 by majorraglan

I don’t think we choked it, I just think we aren’t good enough. We had an awful 6 nations and have been poor for a few years. We don't have the grunt up front and we should have kept the ball away from Argentina and moved their pack all over the place, but we kicked it back to them and they just pounded in to us 🤬.
While we do have some decent backs, we kick a lot of the ball away and it means the opposition just run it back at us.

What I liked about NZ yesterday was that when they ran the ball they always had support runners looking for the offload in contact, if the player went to ground the support was there to win the ball back and go again. We tend to make breaks, go for an extra few meters but it results in the player getting isolated and losing the ball- better teams and players go for the extra meter, but they also win the ball back.

Got to win our own line outs and scrums. If we can’t do that it’s all over!

Missed both of todays games as I went to watch the football, reading the reports I feel for Fiji.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 1:05]

Sadly we are actually habitual chokers of the highest order when the stakes are highest like in a world cup, there is a big difference between that and winning a grand Slam in a yearly run of the mill tournament played between a handful of the same teams.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:14 - Oct 17 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:08 - Oct 17 by shingle

Sadly we are actually habitual chokers of the highest order when the stakes are highest like in a world cup, there is a big difference between that and winning a grand Slam in a yearly run of the mill tournament played between a handful of the same teams.

They will have you down as a welsh hater with that.
Yiu are bang on the money

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:42 - Oct 20 with 898 viewsmax936

Looking forward to the Rugby tonight and tomorrow, really enjoyed the tournament so far.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Oct 20 with 897 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:42 - Oct 20 by max936

Looking forward to the Rugby tonight and tomorrow, really enjoyed the tournament so far.

Been good Steve.
Best was watching Wales beat the Oz in Lanzarote with a Kiwi from New Plymouth who tagged on to us .

Login to get fewer ads

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:55 - Oct 20 with 858 viewsBoundy

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

Been good Steve.
Best was watching Wales beat the Oz in Lanzarote with a Kiwi from New Plymouth who tagged on to us .

Watching the All Black's tonight I'd say the argies did us a favour last week,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:47 - Oct 20 with 839 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:55 - Oct 20 by Boundy

Watching the All Black's tonight I'd say the argies did us a favour last week,

They'll take some stopping now, Saffies upfront power game may be the stumbling block though, they were simply different class tonight, those Barrett Brothers are on a different planet.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:12 - Oct 20 with 824 viewstheloneranger

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:47 - Oct 20 by max936

They'll take some stopping now, Saffies upfront power game may be the stumbling block though, they were simply different class tonight, those Barrett Brothers are on a different planet.

It's unbelievable that there was never a mention in the commentary that there are 3 brothers playing for an international team in a World Cup Semi Final.

There's a 4th Barrett brother Kane, who was an All Black school international, but had to retire at 24 with concussion problems.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:07 - Oct 21 with 817 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:12 - Oct 20 by theloneranger

It's unbelievable that there was never a mention in the commentary that there are 3 brothers playing for an international team in a World Cup Semi Final.

There's a 4th Barrett brother Kane, who was an All Black school international, but had to retire at 24 with concussion problems.

Kane was an awesome player, quicker as well for a lock, Scott was stupid tonight, in getting a stupid yellow, which may see him replaced for the final.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 0:16]

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:31 - Oct 21 with 755 viewsunion_jack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:47 - Oct 20 by max936

IF SA get through tonight, and it’s not a given, they’ll beat NZ.

The bigger test will be tonight where England basically have a shot to nothing. It wouldn’t surprise me if they beat them but whatever I think it’s going to be closer than respective form suggests.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:38 - Oct 21 with 753 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:31 - Oct 21 by union_jack

IF SA get through tonight, and it’s not a given, they’ll beat NZ.

The bigger test will be tonight where England basically have a shot to nothing. It wouldn’t surprise me if they beat them but whatever I think it’s going to be closer than respective form suggests.

Papers today horrific
Woodward says England by 3
Last week,he was rubbishing them.
NZ will win this .
When they were deemed the worst ABs for thirty years I just knew they’d prove people wrong.
Trust in OHL and Jesus

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 692 viewsTogg

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:38 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

Papers today horrific
Woodward says England by 3
Last week,he was rubbishing them.
NZ will win this .
When they were deemed the worst ABs for thirty years I just knew they’d prove people wrong.
Trust in OHL and Jesus

Tend to agree. England are a poor side. Decent players but poor side. SA will win tonight but the All Blacks will win the World Cup
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:03 - Oct 21 with 689 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:57 - Oct 21 by Togg

Tend to agree. England are a poor side. Decent players but poor side. SA will win tonight but the All Blacks will win the World Cup

I’ve had an epiphany .
I’ve seen this South African oisssse take of the welsh in an advert
Well,fook them and their dog breakfast of an anthem
The most arrogant buggers you will find are Afrikaners speaking a tongue that is pigeon tongue and an abomination on the years .
These people boast …..

I can remember Sharpville,
Botha ,the fascist Vorster and Verwoerd. They have simply hidden their racism or had it beaten out of them

Com3 on England

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 680 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:03 - Oct 21 by onehunglow

I’ve had an epiphany .
I’ve seen this South African oisssse take of the welsh in an advert
Well,fook them and their dog breakfast of an anthem
The most arrogant buggers you will find are Afrikaners speaking a tongue that is pigeon tongue and an abomination on the years .
These people boast …..

I can remember Sharpville,
Botha ,the fascist Vorster and Verwoerd. They have simply hidden their racism or had it beaten out of them

Com3 on England

Come on the Saffies, I'm not having this nonsense about the Scots, the Irish and us glorious Welsh being expected to support England, its a pile of unmitigated dog poo!

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:55 - Oct 21 with 667 viewsWhiterockin

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 21 by max936

Come on the Saffies, I'm not having this nonsense about the Scots, the Irish and us glorious Welsh being expected to support England, its a pile of unmitigated dog poo!

Sometimes I want the England football team to win but I always want the England rugby team to lose.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:01 - Oct 21 with 655 viewsunion_jack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:57 - Oct 21 by Togg

Not for me. Yes, I’d expect SA to win tonight but as I said earlier, it’s a shot to nothing for England which will take the pressure right off.

If SA win I expect them to beat NZ.

Bath if those games will be close I think. No repeat of last night score wise.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:40 - Oct 21 with 635 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 21 by max936

It’s the best if the worst
Fark the Bokke
Remember Rourkes Drift
Remember Ivor Emanuel

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:47 - Oct 21 with 628 viewsunion_jack

Is it me or does sir Clive sound a bit senile?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 623 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:47 - Oct 21 by union_jack

Is it me or does sir Clive sound a bit senile?

It’s you
He’s just myopic

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 609 viewsTogg

England really need a new national anthem. It's absolutely sycophantic and turgid. Jerusalem we would be a good choice.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 586 viewsmax936

The game is passing the Saffies by at the moment, poor in every facet of the game so far, England dominating the set plays and in the loose.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:39 - Oct 21 with 568 viewsunion_jack

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 by max936

The game is passing the Saffies by at the moment, poor in every facet of the game so far, England dominating the set plays and in the loose.

That game against France has taken more out of them than you’d think. They are just not on it. Big mistakes, poor options. England will win this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024