Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread 22:00 - Aug 16 with 44298 viewsKeithHaynes

Our very own RWC thread.

Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England will join 16 other nations as they compete for the ultimate prize in rugby – the Webb Ellis Cup – which was last won by the Springboks in 2019. The opening match of Rugby World Cup 2023 will see hosts France face three-time winners New Zealand on Friday 8th September. The final will take place seven weeks later on Saturday 28th October.

Click on the link to enlarge the fixtures.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:06 - Oct 15 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:01 - Oct 15 by Togg

I think we lost because Argentina upped the forward battle second half and made less mistakes. New Zealand will crush them in the semis

We lost because we are mentally weak. It’s why we fail to close games down . It’s why we have a hooker that loses three lines out in a row. It would appall a village third team

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:15 - Oct 15 with 1150 viewsmax936

Its got to be said without any biases against England, but the refereeing in the England v Fiji game was appalling, two clear yellow cards not given, high tackle before Fiji went over for their first try not punished, and 99.9% of the 60/40's he give England's way.

Incredible.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:26 - Oct 15 with 1141 viewsshingle

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:06 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

We lost because we are mentally weak. It’s why we fail to close games down . It’s why we have a hooker that loses three lines out in a row. It would appall a village third team

Spot on, happens every time we are on the cusp of something special, on this occasion 10 - 0 up totally in charge against lets face it a not very good Argentina and then it is as if the realisation of getting to the semi hits home and we implode, it is all down to not having the mental strength to gain success on the top stage always happens with us for sadly it is a Welsh trait, Argentina will lose by a big margin in the semis of that there is no doubt.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:36 - Oct 15 with 1111 viewstrampie

Always the same Wales might have won if it wasn't for the referee and England might have lost, I don't feel bad for Wales as I don't think we deserved to win but I do feel sorry for Fiji because I thought they did deserve to win in the end, the ref giving most of the big calls and 50-50s to England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:43 - Oct 15 with 1097 viewstrampie

Prime example why England are so disliked in sports, Curry gets away with a high tackle early in the match no card, English summariser said something along the lines of oh well perhaps he was unlucky to see red in a pool game but it's quits now, it's not quits for Fiji (and a knockout game), I thought it was a very poor thing to say on national TV that was going out to Celtic countries and not just England

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:59 - Oct 15 with 1085 viewsraynor94

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:36 - Oct 15 by trampie

Always the same Wales might have won if it wasn't for the referee and England might have lost, I don't feel bad for Wales as I don't think we deserved to win but I do feel sorry for Fiji because I thought they did deserve to win in the end, the ref giving most of the big calls and 50-50s to England.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:14 - Oct 15 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:26 - Oct 15 by shingle

Spot on, happens every time we are on the cusp of something special, on this occasion 10 - 0 up totally in charge against lets face it a not very good Argentina and then it is as if the realisation of getting to the semi hits home and we implode, it is all down to not having the mental strength to gain success on the top stage always happens with us for sadly it is a Welsh trait, Argentina will lose by a big margin in the semis of that there is no doubt.

Have to say it's why my stomach turns to see Shute like
" proud of the boys" etc on forums
Nowt to be proud about
Our fans sing outside but are drowned by Argentinians , not renowned for choral singing exactly
We have a massive inferiority complex and rugby evidences it perfectly
And we were calling Ireland chokers !
Every one of those players including Capt Jac went missing in action
England thrashed Argentina too

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:43 - Oct 15 with 1028 viewsmax936

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:59 - Oct 15 by raynor94

He's right though, especially todays game.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:51 - Oct 15 with 1014 viewstrampie

Fiji players could not even look at Mathieu Raynal after the game the Fiji captain walked away from him, the ref called him twice and the Fijian walked away from him and they are not like that they are very respectful, the ref cost them the game, neutrals online are up in arms that a tier 2 team has been done out of a semi final place by poor officiating.

I've just seen online that the ref has been awarded Englands motm award.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 19:52]

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 15 with 978 viewsKeithHaynes

A few unreported moments in Marseille last night.
Between Wales and England followers.
Doesn’t happen in rugby see.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:48 - Oct 15 with 952 viewsWhiterockin

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

I bet there were more "moments" in the valleys last night that went unreported.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Oct 15 with 946 viewsBoundy

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 15 by KeithHaynes

Cracking game so far so open and yet tight with fast flowing tactical rugby being played by ATM the best two sides in world rugby,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:51 - Oct 15 with 932 viewstrampie

South Africa lucky still to be in it, rub of the green going their way, France very good first 40.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:53 - Oct 15 with 928 viewsraynor94

What a half of rugby, fair play to South Africa have rocked France.

South Africa down to 14 for the beginning of the second half, can France take advantage

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 881 viewstrampie

France did not quite have the rub of the green, I could tell after ,15 mins, bounces went SA way, 2 early SA tries were bounces that sat up for them, France likewise but some kicks through and the bounce went to the defender.
Springbok strong and physical as hell mind you.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 15 with 882 viewsTogg

Once again Northern Hemisphere Rugby the poor relation to Southern Hemisphere Rugby. We have the odd success but those SH bastewerds have it over us. Even worse the only NH team to win it have been England. Guess what they are in the Semis . Really detest SA brand of negative Rugby, so unfortunately I will have to support those other gits New Zealand.
The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:33 - Oct 15 with 830 viewstrampie

Did they show a wide angle of the Kolbe conversion charge down ?, was it legal.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:34 - Oct 15 with 833 viewsBoundy

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:33 - Oct 15 by trampie

Did they show a wide angle of the Kolbe conversion charge down ?, was it legal.

Yes

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:34 - Oct 15 with 832 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 15 by Togg

Once again Northern Hemisphere Rugby the poor relation to Southern Hemisphere Rugby. We have the odd success but those SH bastewerds have it over us. Even worse the only NH team to win it have been England. Guess what they are in the Semis . Really detest SA brand of negative Rugby, so unfortunately I will have to support those other gits New Zealand.

Both have the strength and will to win that Wales lacks
When Kolisi says he's playing for the people back home , he means it
We are in another planet to both
England got the job done
Wales didn't

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:36 - Oct 15 with 826 viewsonehunglow

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 15 by Togg

Hobson Choice

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:38 - Oct 15 with 817 viewstrampie

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:34 - Oct 15 by Boundy

Yes

They showed he was behind the try line and only started his run when the kicker started his run did they ?

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:43 - Oct 15 with 807 viewsBoundy

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:38 - Oct 15 by trampie

They showed he was behind the try line and only started his run when the kicker started his run did they ?

You asked if it was legal , I answered

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:45 - Oct 15 with 796 viewstrampie

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:43 - Oct 15 by Boundy

You asked if it was legal , I answered

Did they show a wide angle ?, because if it was legal it was amazing.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:27 - Oct 15 with 761 viewstrampie

I've seen a video from a wide angle now and it's not easy to tell but it looks like he has started his charge before the kicker moves, I've also seen a still of Kolbe in the field of play apparently running and the kicker seems to be stationary, it looks like bad luck for France.
I notice just before I think it was SA first try that their centre led with a forearm into the neck/face of the young French winger and 10/20 secs later SA score.

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:16 - Oct 16 with 730 viewsmajorraglan

The 2023 Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:14 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

Have to say it's why my stomach turns to see Shute like
" proud of the boys" etc on forums
Nowt to be proud about
Our fans sing outside but are drowned by Argentinians , not renowned for choral singing exactly
We have a massive inferiority complex and rugby evidences it perfectly
And we were calling Ireland chokers !
Every one of those players including Capt Jac went missing in action
England thrashed Argentina too

I don’t think we choked it, I just think we aren’t good enough. We had an awful 6 nations and have been poor for a few years. We don't have the grunt up front and we should have kept the ball away from Argentina and moved their pack all over the place, but we kicked it back to them and they just pounded in to us 🤬.
While we do have some decent backs, we kick a lot of the ball away and it means the opposition just run it back at us.

What I liked about NZ yesterday was that when they ran the ball they always had support runners looking for the offload in contact, if the player went to ground the support was there to win the ball back and go again. We tend to make breaks, go for an extra few meters but it results in the player getting isolated and losing the ball- better teams and players go for the extra meter, but they also win the ball back.

Got to win our own line outs and scrums. If we can’t do that it’s all over!

Missed both of todays games as I went to watch the football, reading the reports I feel for Fiji.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 1:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024