Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers 18:25 - Jan 16 with 5281 viewssw02sea

It looks like the normal s#itshow of a transfer window from the shysters ? We must be the laughingstock of the league with their pathetic haven’t got a clue antics.
Transfers on 18:53 - Jan 17 with 1761 viewsmax936

Transfers on 18:40 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

So you reckon Martin wants him in his team? In Martin's opinion Whittaker's best place was somewhere else not at Swansea. He is quoted as saying this.

"When Martin was asked what he thought Whittaker's preference would be, he said: "I think his preference would be stay and play football where he's guaranteed every week I think.

"But he's our asset, he's the club asset and there is a bigger picture in terms of what Josh and Julian see in terms of his value, in terms of what he might be able to add here, and all that stuff. We will just have to wait and see. I'm quite relaxed about it either way."

The US owners are like the fans . They want to see player they bought actually play for Swansea. Martin has to make a decision to play him or move him on.

Somewhere else, he didn't say that he said he wanted him to stay and play at Plymouth for the season, as did Morgan himself, he said that he was well down the pecking order here.

I don't believe he wants to sell him, but that decision is clearly out of his hands, this you already know though.

Anyway you crack on, End!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Transfers on 16:11 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewsSTID2017

Regarding transfers in, I read somewhere on here that Ogbene had been possibly put off coming here after having a conversation with Obafemi, his fellow ROI player, about what a poor club we were / manager whatever we have ?
If that was the case then surely he would have taken an offer ( apparently other clubs have bid for him ) to join another club ?
Surely the truth lies, as was raised in an article on here recently, that Rotherham want too much for a player who will be a free agent in the summer and no club, including Swansea, is willing to pay the high fee ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Transfers on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 1650 viewsmax936

Transfers on 16:11 - Jan 18 by STID2017

Regarding transfers in, I read somewhere on here that Ogbene had been possibly put off coming here after having a conversation with Obafemi, his fellow ROI player, about what a poor club we were / manager whatever we have ?
If that was the case then surely he would have taken an offer ( apparently other clubs have bid for him ) to join another club ?
Surely the truth lies, as was raised in an article on here recently, that Rotherham want too much for a player who will be a free agent in the summer and no club, including Swansea, is willing to pay the high fee ?

Probably more truth in that, than the other version of events.

Obafemi isn't gonna praise Martin or the club though is he, he's not gonna admit the blame for all this palaver is he, the fact he's got previous for throwing tantrums elsewhere tells you everything you need to know.

Transfers on 16:42 - Jan 18 with 1641 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfers on 16:32 - Jan 18 by max936

Obafemi isn't gonna praise Martin or the club though is he, he's not gonna admit the blame for all this palaver is he, the fact he's got previous for throwing tantrums elsewhere tells you everything you need to know.

Piroe came to Swansea after talking to Narsingh who was not well loved by Potter.

In fact the only player he criticised.

Narsingh was happy to see a pay check and was not bothered about earning his money having turned down a loan to Greece on slightly less money. Potter and the club honoured his contract and Narsingh turned up at Fairwater 3-4 times a week for a kick about.

"What are Swansea like Lucinano?" Great little club Joel. Lovey people over there."

Narsingh's career after sort of went into decline.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Transfers on 16:47 - Jan 18 with 1618 viewsSTID2017

Transfers on 16:32 - Jan 18 by max936

Agree Obafemi ( like any of us I guess ) is bound to be moaning about his employers to anyone who will listen if he doesn't want to be here.
However if Swans were the only club to offer Ogbene a decent hike in his wages and security of a new contract ( plus Martin seems to want him here, which is always flattering) , then my guess is he has to look at it from all angles, not just take the word of his mate ?

Transfers on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 1602 viewsmax936

Transfers on 16:42 - Jan 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Piroe came to Swansea after talking to Narsingh who was not well loved by Potter.

Narsingh was happy to see a pay check and was not bothered about earning his money having turned down a loan to Greece on slightly less money. Potter and the club honoured his contract and Narsingh turned up at Fairwater 3-4 times a week for a kick about.

"What are Swansea like Lucinano?" Great little club Joel. Lovey people over there."

That's where he was going wrong then, going to Fairwater for his kick about's

Transfers on 16:50 - Jan 18 with 1597 viewsWhiterockin

Transfers on 16:47 - Jan 18 by STID2017

Agree Obafemi ( like any of us I guess ) is bound to be moaning about his employers to anyone who will listen if he doesn't want to be here.
However if Swans were the only club to offer Ogbene a decent hike in his wages and security of a new contract ( plus Martin seems to want him here, which is always flattering) , then my guess is he has to look at it from all angles, not just take the word of his mate ?

Spin it around if he knows Obafemi well and knows what he is like, he may just disregard it.
Transfers on 16:51 - Jan 18 with 1598 viewsSTID2017

Exactly.
Obafemi may be having a moan,but a potentially incoming player has to consider a lot more than hearsay from a player who is probably outgoing.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfers on 15:46 - Jan 19 with 1418 viewsbuilthjack

19 days in and....

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfers on 15:53 - Jan 19 with 1403 viewsWhiterockin

Transfers on 15:46 - Jan 19 by builthjack

19 days in and....

Counting
Transfers on 13:47 - Jan 20 with 1300 viewsBadlands

Why are we not looking at players like Pedro Marques of NEC?
Not him in particular but of his standard.
22/23 season Eredivisie
Striker
24 yoa
Played 16 scored 5 assisted 2 .. goal involvement 1:78 minutes
reported on £2000 a week
Valued at c£800,000

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfers on 22:59 - Jan 23 with 1168 viewsbuilthjack

23 days in and ….

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfers on 23:11 - Jan 23 with 1153 viewsKeithHaynes

Transfers on 22:59 - Jan 23 by builthjack

23 days in and ….

They must have them all lined up like a Cornish fisherman 😂👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Transfers on 23:55 - Jan 23 with 1119 viewsReslovenSwan1

Thee time is approaching. Swansea need to get rid of Patterson and be prepared to keep both Obafemi and Whittaker. Both are under contract and cannot play anywhere else after the deadline. Grimes went through the same process. Fulham would not pay a transfer fee and pay Grimes big money as well.

There is no requirement for Martin to like the players or the player to like Martin. I fact I am coming to the conclusion it might actually lead to better results and give an edge Swansea lack. Sir Alex always had an edge Cole and Sheringham reportedly disliked each other.

If the two players stay they need a meeting with the four of them and agree to make the best of it for 6 months.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Transfers on 00:12 - Jan 24 with 1093 viewsDr_Parnassus

Transfers on 23:55 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Thee time is approaching. Swansea need to get rid of Patterson and be prepared to keep both Obafemi and Whittaker. Both are under contract and cannot play anywhere else after the deadline. Grimes went through the same process. Fulham would not pay a transfer fee and pay Grimes big money as well.

There is no requirement for Martin to like the players or the player to like Martin. I fact I am coming to the conclusion it might actually lead to better results and give an edge Swansea lack. Sir Alex always had an edge Cole and Sheringham reportedly disliked each other.

If the two players stay they need a meeting with the four of them and agree to make the best of it for 6 months.

It’s more than just four, but yes Martin needs to manage the situation now. It’s his job.

He’s been a player in the modern era and a manager in the modern era, he knows that players have vastly differing personalities and need to be handled differently. This won’t have come as a shock to him.

Freezing them all out is only going to hurt the club, but Martin puts himself ahead of the club constantly, it’s one of the main things I dislike about him.

Those goal kicks for example don’t benefit the club at all, they hinder us, but they may stand out enough to get him noticed for example. Same with the style of play as a whole, he knows he can get better results if he changes it, but he won’t because that means his possession stats take a hit and he needs them for his CV.

I just looked at our last 15 games. We have won only 1 of them when the opposition hasn’t been reduced to 10 men in the first 20 mins.

Yet we have Pato and Oba sat on the bench for much of it. It’s not acceptable.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Transfers on 10:15 - Jan 24 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Very good post.
No manager has to be liked.
In fact,better he s not .

And vice versa

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Transfers on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 907 viewsjohnlangy

I just want to know if there is any plan at all in the owners minds.

It appears not as far as I can see. They refuse to loosen the purse strings even though we are one of the few clubs not in serious debt. A not enormous investment now may very well pay big dividends. And if whatever was spent now didn't end up with promotion it would mean that we'd be in a healthier state for having another go next season.
Transfers on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 858 viewsPolskijack

Narsingh now plays for Miedz Legnica, about 20 miles from where I live. They are in the top Polish league but bottom of the league at the moment. Seen him play a few times and was very surprised when I shouted "You Jack Bstrd" when he took a throw in 😀 He's still crap 😀
Transfers on 14:04 - Jan 24 with 802 viewsBadlands

Transfers on 13:08 - Jan 24 by Polskijack

Narsingh now plays for Miedz Legnica, about 20 miles from where I live. They are in the top Polish league but bottom of the league at the moment. Seen him play a few times and was very surprised when I shouted "You Jack Bstrd" when he took a throw in 😀 He's still crap 😀

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfers on 14:44 - Jan 24 with 783 viewsKeithHaynes

Transfers on 12:41 - Jan 24 by johnlangy

I just want to know if there is any plan at all in the owners minds.

It appears not as far as I can see. They refuse to loosen the purse strings even though we are one of the few clubs not in serious debt. A not enormous investment now may very well pay big dividends. And if whatever was spent now didn't end up with promotion it would mean that we'd be in a healthier state for having another go next season.

Everyone will be dancing in the streets of Somewhere come next Wednesday.

Transfers on 15:15 - Jan 24 with 749 viewsSTID2017

Good post and as you say the management need to sit down with Patterson, Obafemi and Whittaker.
As you say, doesn't matter if he is their friends.
He is not in a popularity contest.
One think I was confused that I read elsewhere on here, is the insistence by some that there are more than these three ?
Not sure who else at the club has acted up in the way these three have

Transfers on 15:48 - Jan 24 with 717 viewsjohnlangy

Transfers on 14:44 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Everyone will be dancing in the streets of Somewhere come next Wednesday.

Well I hope it's the streets of Llangyfelach Keith
Transfers on 16:03 - Jan 24 with 698 viewsKeithHaynes

Transfers on 15:48 - Jan 24 by johnlangy

Well I hope it's the streets of Llangyfelach Keith

Nobody on sky sports can pronounce that 😂

Transfers on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 687 viewsSTID2017

Transfers on 16:03 - Jan 24 by KeithHaynes

Nobody on sky sports can pronounce that 😂

Clase is easier- and close by

Transfers on 18:52 - Jan 25 with 468 viewsBillyChong

Winter less than a month ago implied that we would be active in the market, and that preparations had been ongoing for months. Martin suggested the same. So either Winter was telling porkies or the yanks have pulled the rug from under his feet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024