Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season 17:07 - Apr 8 with 12748 viewsNorthernr

Final home game v Sheff Utd now Friday night.

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 14:43 - Apr 9 with 2894 viewsLowerloftLad

I don't think I will be renewing and sky is definitely playing a big part in this, add to the fact of the nine home games at 3pm the trains have managed about 3 times to be running correctly.

Travel to and from the 23 home games come in at around £300.00.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 14:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 14:58 - Apr 9 with 2841 viewsHayesender

I've just excepted an offer on my house. I'm planning on moving down to Sussex but keep my season ticket as its a really easy commute.

Of course, if we're gonna only have 9 or 10 Saturday 3pm kick offs, there's no point me having one

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 15:03 - Apr 9 with 2829 viewsQPR_Hibs

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 14:58 - Apr 9 by Hayesender

I've just excepted an offer on my house. I'm planning on moving down to Sussex but keep my season ticket as its a really easy commute.

Of course, if we're gonna only have 9 or 10 Saturday 3pm kick offs, there's no point me having one

Depends where in Sussex you're moving to re easy commute. I live near Worthing and it's a pain in the arsenal at the best of times.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 15:28 - Apr 9 with 2791 viewsHayesender

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 15:03 - Apr 9 by QPR_Hibs

Depends where in Sussex you're moving to re easy commute. I live near Worthing and it's a pain in the arsenal at the best of times.

Not going quite as far as that. I'm looking at Hayward⁩s Heath sort of area. Very easy into Clapham etc

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 16:00 - Apr 9 with 2729 viewsLblock

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 11:19 - Apr 9 by johnhoop

I wasn’t getting at you in any way at all. I just remember that “What else are you going to do with yourself on a Saturday afternoon?” used to be one of the key reasons people gave for renewing their season ticket when the discussion of whether to renew or not came up.
Only now Sky have turned it into a sick joke.

You’re bang on there mate

How the hell we’re supposed to build the next supporting generation I don’t know
Already on this thread there’s three or four saying they can’t bring the kids, grandkids to any games that aren’t Saturday 3pm.
Would I have built my affinity with the club if games were kicking off Sunday breakfast time? Doubt it very much

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 17:18 - Apr 9 with 2660 viewsRed_Ranger

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 16:00 - Apr 9 by Lblock

You’re bang on there mate

How the hell we’re supposed to build the next supporting generation I don’t know
Already on this thread there’s three or four saying they can’t bring the kids, grandkids to any games that aren’t Saturday 3pm.
Would I have built my affinity with the club if games were kicking off Sunday breakfast time? Doubt it very much

I agree with this post and feel sorry for anyone not able to take children or grandchildren.

Apart from that , one less rest day and the point that game time changed Willy nilly at sky behest. What’s so wrong about a Friday night fixture?

Always have a couple of beers and LR under the lights always has better atmosphere in my opinion.

Could be ok. Or what?
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 2528 viewsLblock

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 17:18 - Apr 9 by Red_Ranger

I agree with this post and feel sorry for anyone not able to take children or grandchildren.

Apart from that , one less rest day and the point that game time changed Willy nilly at sky behest. What’s so wrong about a Friday night fixture?

Always have a couple of beers and LR under the lights always has better atmosphere in my opinion.

Could be ok. Or what?

Yes the odd Friday night game not an issue, neither are midweekers as previously mentioned

But you seem to have missed the fact that we will have had only NINE home games on a Saturday at 3pm
That is the key point here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 21:37 - Apr 9 with 2527 viewsDannyPaddox

Login to get fewer ads

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 21:44 - Apr 9 with 2501 viewsdigswellhoop

think if the money we get be grateful we on tv past games were sh1t
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 2490 viewsPaddyhoops

Always have a day on the lash on the last home game of the season. Crown and sceptre and a nice Thai .
All gone by the wayside . Thanks Sky. You utter cnts.
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 22:03 - Apr 9 with 2481 viewscolinallcars

We need non QPR fans to complain to Sky. I had a conversation with a bloke at the next table in Wetherspoons last week. I say conversation, his speech consisted of little more than a series of rough, inarticulate grunts. The gist of it was something like “ I pays all that f***ing money to Sky, an' all they 'ave on is f*****g QPR”.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 22:09]
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 23:42 - Apr 9 with 2400 viewsStanisgod

If I was Rangers id pick the under 23 team to lose 8-0, see how they like that.
Although the way were falling like flies it could be all thats left anyway.
What you really want is a complete dead rubber, us 13th and SU 7 points from the play offs, with about 7000 there, f# cking hilarious.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 23:49 - Apr 9 with 2392 viewsted_hendrix

A mass non turn up by QPR fans as an anti sky f ucking us around protest.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 00:58 - Apr 10 with 2356 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 22:03 - Apr 9 by colinallcars

We need non QPR fans to complain to Sky. I had a conversation with a bloke at the next table in Wetherspoons last week. I say conversation, his speech consisted of little more than a series of rough, inarticulate grunts. The gist of it was something like “ I pays all that f***ing money to Sky, an' all they 'ave on is f*****g QPR”.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 22:09]

Was he the manager of the Wetherspoons?
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 07:35 - Apr 10 with 2244 viewscolinallcars

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 00:58 - Apr 10 by stowmarketrange

Was he the manager of the Wetherspoons?

Yes, I think he may have been. When they closed the barman was shouting “Tim, gentlemen please”
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 08:36 - Apr 10 with 2203 viewsTGRRRSSS

I've never held an ST but just 10 games at home (ignoring away games) it's barely 1 game a month on a Saturday.

Hoos will simply say the money is vital and we do know why, BUT for that your kind of buying a product based broadly on knowing X amount of games are on a Saturday at 3PM whilst accepting there are a few Tuesday/Weds.

I guess the thing is this there are 23 guaranteed home games (League) from 46 in total (we won't be in the play offs and they are never Saturday 3PM anyway.

I cant be bothered to work out how many we average but I assume this season is the worst anyone can remember for lack of 3PMs - next season will be odd I guess with a World Cup in November December (is Championship stopping).

That said we have this every season, I guess some do not renew for other reasons - money moving away, new jobs and so on, but financially if you end up worse of purchasing a ST then having extra cost or problems due to the change of times/days then surely at some point picking and choosing will be the best option.

Also I suspect next season may not go as well as this one - till February anyway.
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 08:50 - Apr 10 with 2184 viewscolinallcars

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 08:36 - Apr 10 by TGRRRSSS

I've never held an ST but just 10 games at home (ignoring away games) it's barely 1 game a month on a Saturday.

Hoos will simply say the money is vital and we do know why, BUT for that your kind of buying a product based broadly on knowing X amount of games are on a Saturday at 3PM whilst accepting there are a few Tuesday/Weds.

I guess the thing is this there are 23 guaranteed home games (League) from 46 in total (we won't be in the play offs and they are never Saturday 3PM anyway.

I cant be bothered to work out how many we average but I assume this season is the worst anyone can remember for lack of 3PMs - next season will be odd I guess with a World Cup in November December (is Championship stopping).

That said we have this every season, I guess some do not renew for other reasons - money moving away, new jobs and so on, but financially if you end up worse of purchasing a ST then having extra cost or problems due to the change of times/days then surely at some point picking and choosing will be the best option.

Also I suspect next season may not go as well as this one - till February anyway.

Clubs may say they benefit from the money they receive from Sky for televising a game but it's the Sky money that has had a deleterious effect on clubs's finances. This is because the money has in effect gone straight into the pockets of players and agents.
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 17:31 - Apr 10 with 1969 viewsSnipper

I’ve 100% decided against renewing mine. These last few seasons have taken their toll on me. I’ve even missed loads of 3pm Saturday games.
I’ve been paying £535 for an Upper Loft ticket, and I’ve actually stopped enjoying going tbh.

I hate Sky with a passion. I don’t even watch when we’re live.
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 10:14 - Apr 11 with 1730 viewsstowmarketrange

What are everyone’s thoughts on some sort of protest during the game?Charlton seemed to regularly throw tennis balls on the pitch as a protest against their owners.Could we not do the same,and while they’re clearing the pitch a few anti sky songs might work.Or everyone bring a whistle and blow them at a set time?
Or would it just be a futile gesture,as sky would probably say that it was a protest against the owners?
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 11:04 - Apr 12 with 1460 viewsolderR

Searching for a silver lining I will now be able to pop along to Aldershot the next day to watch
Sinclair Armstrong though knowing my luck I will cough up my £16 (seniors) and he won’t play.
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 11:22 - Apr 12 with 1420 viewsdaveB

The bigger fall out of this won't be kids not coming back it's the older ones.
Group I go with a few of them have said they won't renew next year due to a combination of the rail seating and hardly any 3pm Saturday games. Look around the stadium for mid week games and loads of empty seats in SA Road and Ellerslie.

Until the EFL pull the plug on this Sky deal and just sell the games through their own platform this won't change.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 11:52]
Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 11:43 - Apr 12 with 1362 viewsngbqpr

This on top of the final day 12.30 b0llocks means a rubbish end to the season.

One day of the season when all games HAVE to ko at the same time, and they choose 12.30.

A rough estimation suggests that fans of the following clubs who want to get to a game in good time (parking, pint, whatever) will all need to be on the road some time between 7am and 9.30am on a Sunday:

Rangers to Swansea
Fulham to Sheff U
Forest to Hull
Preston to Boro
Blackpool to Posh
Blackburn to Brum
Bristol C to Huddersfield
Millwall to Bournemouth
Cardiff to Derby

Arguably the only halfway reasonable journeys for that ko time are Reading to Luton, Cov to Stoke, maybe Barnsley to WBA.

All to achieve...what, precisely?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 12:29 - Apr 12 with 1309 viewsTheChef

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 11:43 - Apr 12 by ngbqpr

This on top of the final day 12.30 b0llocks means a rubbish end to the season.

One day of the season when all games HAVE to ko at the same time, and they choose 12.30.

A rough estimation suggests that fans of the following clubs who want to get to a game in good time (parking, pint, whatever) will all need to be on the road some time between 7am and 9.30am on a Sunday:

Rangers to Swansea
Fulham to Sheff U
Forest to Hull
Preston to Boro
Blackpool to Posh
Blackburn to Brum
Bristol C to Huddersfield
Millwall to Bournemouth
Cardiff to Derby

Arguably the only halfway reasonable journeys for that ko time are Reading to Luton, Cov to Stoke, maybe Barnsley to WBA.

All to achieve...what, precisely?

Yeah the 12.30 KO is an odd one, especially when the final day of the Prem is a 4pm KO.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 12:32 - Apr 12 with 1299 viewstoboboly

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 12:29 - Apr 12 by TheChef

Yeah the 12.30 KO is an odd one, especially when the final day of the Prem is a 4pm KO.

Surely just do 2pm. Allows travelling time and isn't too late for transport home.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 12:37 - Apr 12 with 1278 viewsTheChef

Sky's final big fat fck you of the season on 12:32 - Apr 12 by toboboly

Surely just do 2pm. Allows travelling time and isn't too late for transport home.

Why would Sky do anything convenient for fans attending football matches?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024