Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The home support fully behind Russ 22:33 - Feb 5 with 6837 viewsbuilthjack

Is it only people off forums who don't attend games that lay into him continuously ?
The fans in the stadium were fully behind him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The home support fully behind Russ on 08:16 - Feb 6 with 996 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 08:11 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s just how people show their feelings, football supporters don’t really have a voice so they boo and cheer, it’s panto essentially.

If Blackburn put away their two sitters, that ‘excellent supportive support’ no doubt would have booed them off again, nature of the beast.

You can guarantee more people boo at the stadium than those watching at home. I’ve never known anyone to boo at their TV

I certainly scream and swear at the tv and cheer when we score.
Strange really as only the neighbours and my dog can hear me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The home support fully behind Russ on 08:41 - Feb 6 with 967 viewsbuilthjack

The home support fully behind Russ on 08:11 - Feb 6 by STID2017

I think it more a question of genuine fans like yourself who cannot / do not attend but still get behind the team, and those who never / once in a blue moon attend a game and do nothing but slag us off
They know who they are.
One goes by various names and lives in Liverpool, another names himself after a Manure player and another may be a doctor ?
Think they are the main culprits

Ere ere

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The home support fully behind Russ on 09:00 - Feb 6 with 939 viewsjohnlangy

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:22 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

People who booed Smith when he came on are all w*nkers.

Yes they are.
The home support fully behind Russ on 09:16 - Feb 6 with 911 viewsjohnlangy

The home support fully behind Russ on 23:47 - Feb 5 by jojaca

2/3 attempts on goal after 55 mins is not very good attacking effort. Brilliant defensive effort after that. Still plenty to be concerned about, gifting big opportunities with suicidal playing out from back and we are struggling to break teams down and don't look like scoring many. That's why we are averaging 1 goal a game. I think Russell tonight was lucky the Welsh rugby result was bad, so fans then were hoping Swans game would lift the mood and the alcohol helped.

In plenty of other games the Swans dominate possession and have a lot of chances which they fail to take while the other team have two or three chances and score one.

So the Swans lose and get pelters and the other team are congratulated because they actually took one of their chances. And people say why can't we even take one.

Last night the Swans had a few chances and scored with one. Blackburn had far more, particularly after the sending off, and didn't score with any of them. And still the team are criticised.

Blackburn supporters will be complaining this morning saying how can the Swans score one of 3/4 chances where we couldn't score with far more.
The home support fully behind Russ on 09:38 - Feb 6 with 875 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 09:16 - Feb 6 by johnlangy

In plenty of other games the Swans dominate possession and have a lot of chances which they fail to take while the other team have two or three chances and score one.

So the Swans lose and get pelters and the other team are congratulated because they actually took one of their chances. And people say why can't we even take one.

Last night the Swans had a few chances and scored with one. Blackburn had far more, particularly after the sending off, and didn't score with any of them. And still the team are criticised.

Blackburn supporters will be complaining this morning saying how can the Swans score one of 3/4 chances where we couldn't score with far more.

Well said.
Not sure where Jojaca was coming from with his post

The home support fully behind Russ on 09:49 - Feb 6 with 857 viewsMinesapint

The home support fully behind Russ on 08:11 - Feb 6 by STID2017

I think it more a question of genuine fans like yourself who cannot / do not attend but still get behind the team, and those who never / once in a blue moon attend a game and do nothing but slag us off
They know who they are.
One goes by various names and lives in Liverpool, another names himself after a Manure player and another may be a doctor ?
Think they are the main culprits

Well dont lets hint. You mean Dwight, Dr P and OHL. Let's be adults.

No idea where Dwight lives so cannot comment.
Dr P is other side of the globe.
OHL is not in Wales.
The owner of the board lives in Spain!
They all demonstrate passion regardless. Maybe have different opinions. Thats fine. Its called debate. They are still part of the Jack Army.
Nobody knows the reasons why many genuine fans cant attend games. Could be locality, financial or health reasons.

Just the hate the them and us thing that's creeping in.
The home support fully behind Russ on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 832 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 09:49 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

OHL is not in Wales.
They all demonstrate passion regardless. Maybe have different opinions. Thats fine. Its called debate. They are still part of the Jack Army.
Nobody knows the reasons why many genuine fans cant attend games. Could be locality, financial or health reasons.

Every time we pick up a win the reaction is the same and has been since the start of the season. Anyone who has criticised (quite rightly of course) is now suddenly wrong and not a fan and everyone that goes to the games, largely because they live in the area, are uber fans.

The truth however is everyone is similar regardless of where you live and how many games you can see. People like to see their teams performing well and when they underperform they don’t like it. Hence the boos which people seem to have forgotten in the last game.

I used to watch the Brisbane Broncos a lot, would be tough to say I supported them though, I just like sport. I couldn’t even name you the starting squad.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:15 - Feb 6 with 831 viewsvetchonian

I have been one of Martin's biggest critics this is what I posted on yesterday's matchday thread

Great team performance we were up against it at the end
do people still think Pato should be sent to the U23s

Cabango was heroic..as were the whole team...purposeful with the ball....well done Russ you may be learning or listening

I've been critical as we were losing I have praised him on other occasions....I wasn't there yesterday as per my post on ticket renewals....
what would have the fans reaction at full time had we not won I wonder...there wasn't this great bond Whiterockin talks about at the end of the Luton game
When I'm at the stadium the team gets my support the same as when I'm not there.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:21 - Feb 6 with 822 viewsSTID2017

OHL is not in Wales.

Keith has his own very genuine reasons for not attending.and was until recently a ST holder
OHL / Perch lives in Liverpool yet cannot be bothered to attend games, constantly criticises Swansea as a team, Swansea as a city and posts so e very strange posts. Not a nice man.
The Doc and Dwight ( whom I suspect is Andy Cole on another forum) are very critical of all things Swans.
They are in the minority
The criticism aimed at non attendees is more aimed at the likes of them, definitely not the likes of you

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:25 - Feb 6 with 811 viewsMinesapint

Well said Vetch and Dr P.

Perfect replies. Bring on the next game!
The home support fully behind Russ on 10:34 - Feb 6 with 792 viewsvetchonian

OHL is not in Wales.

yes it seems criticism is not allowed....yet even though we were rarely out of the top six last season winning more than we were losing many of those now "attacking" this seasons critics were moaning and criticising the manager and style of football whilst only being to able ri watch on a screen.
I like you cannot get this divide that is happening where those who have a different opinion are shown almost the same contempt we give opposition fans on matchdays.

Fans will always have different opinions on players,managers styles etc...Jason Scotland one of our best ever strikers was much "criticised " and called useless by many fans simply because they thought he was lazy and didn't run around enough yet how many goals did he get goes us in the Championship?

Fans eh....we are all humans and not programmed to be always mutually aligned..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:34 - Feb 6 with 791 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:25 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

Well said Vetch and Dr P.

Perfect replies. Bring on the next game!

Agree good replies

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:38 - Feb 6 with 776 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:21 - Feb 6 by STID2017

Keith has his own very genuine reasons for not attending.and was until recently a ST holder
OHL / Perch lives in Liverpool yet cannot be bothered to attend games, constantly criticises Swansea as a team, Swansea as a city and posts so e very strange posts. Not a nice man.
The Doc and Dwight ( whom I suspect is Andy Cole on another forum) are very critical of all things Swans.
They are in the minority
The criticism aimed at non attendees is more aimed at the likes of them, definitely not the likes of you

Not with you there.

“Critical of all things Swans”? Any examples? I have been critical of our results and our set up this season - bearing in mind that we were 19th up until yesterday, you make it sound as if being critical of such a season is out of the ordinary.

I was one of the minority last year singing our praises when 4th as we were punching above our weight. The negativity on here was astounding.

My critique and praise is perfectly aligned with the teams performance. I think that’s a perfectly reasonable position to take isn’t it?

Critical of all things swans is extremely wide of the mark and the type of nonsense we hear every-time we win (or the rare occasion we win in terms of this season).

Also amazed you are criticising me for being a non-attendee. Do you genuinely expect me to make a 33,500 km round trip every week? I’ve paid my Swans dues over the years travelling up and down the country, I’ve earned my stripes.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 10:41]

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:08 - Feb 6 with 714 viewsCatullus

The home support fully behind Russ on 07:52 - Feb 6 by Minesapint

I cant attend matches anymore for health reasons. Can we stop the digs trying to cause a wedge between "those who go" and "those watching on the box"?

We are fans of Swansea City. Regardless of who is manager.

Yes it was good to hear the reaction at the stadium last night. We won. Of course there was euphoria and relief. Great atmosphere even for us tv watchers and a huge contrast to the noise earlier in the week.

More please.

You're right.

I have praised and criticised Martin AND I go to the games, it's all good as long as it's fair. Yesterday was a much better performance though there were still some times when our keep the ball at all costs mantra caused us problems.

PS, I didn't hear any booing either. I did see an argument kick off and ended with somebody being removed for an apparent racist remark (East upper, block 10) when the players kneeled. That was the only negative thing I heard from the crowd.

Pato got a good reception fro me too, as I keep on saying, in the stadium support the team then come on here to have a moan.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:18 - Feb 6 with 705 viewsjack90

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:38 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Not with you there.

“Critical of all things Swans”? Any examples? I have been critical of our results and our set up this season - bearing in mind that we were 19th up until yesterday, you make it sound as if being critical of such a season is out of the ordinary.

I was one of the minority last year singing our praises when 4th as we were punching above our weight. The negativity on here was astounding.

My critique and praise is perfectly aligned with the teams performance. I think that’s a perfectly reasonable position to take isn’t it?

Critical of all things swans is extremely wide of the mark and the type of nonsense we hear every-time we win (or the rare occasion we win in terms of this season).

Also amazed you are criticising me for being a non-attendee. Do you genuinely expect me to make a 33,500 km round trip every week? I’ve paid my Swans dues over the years travelling up and down the country, I’ve earned my stripes.

Might be the way you and the others mentioned seem to take some kind of weird satisfaction whenever we lose.
Very easy to pick apart this club of ours at the moment but the vast majority choose not too.
It’s a forum and you are entitled to your opinion,However others on here are as well and their opinion is you and the others mentioned.
Act like resident trolls always on hand to have a go perhaps you should change yours name too
Debbie Downer
The home support fully behind Russ on 11:18 - Feb 6 with 705 viewsThrasher6

The home support fully behind Russ on 00:17 - Feb 6 by max936

I was watching from the comfort of my settee and the decision to issue a second yellow to Manning was a disgrace, player going down clutching is chops when Mannings foot was no where near the players chops was an absolute joke.

Career referees ruining the game, they've no idea of the game and how it works because they've read the rules out of a manual. Clueless aholes
[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 0:20]

This.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:25 - Feb 6 with 695 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:18 - Feb 6 by jack90

Might be the way you and the others mentioned seem to take some kind of weird satisfaction whenever we lose.
Very easy to pick apart this club of ours at the moment but the vast majority choose not too.
It’s a forum and you are entitled to your opinion,However others on here are as well and their opinion is you and the others mentioned.
Act like resident trolls always on hand to have a go perhaps you should change yours name too
Debbie Downer

Any examples at all?

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:32 - Feb 6 with 683 viewsDr_Parnassus

None? Doesn’t surprise me.

So we are fully fledged into the usual post win reaction then. Let’s seek out anyone who has said anything critical about the set up this season, whether they are clearly correct is irrelevant, and attack them even if we have to make it up and embellish stuff to do so.

What a fun couple of days we have in store then.

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:45 - Feb 6 with 658 viewsjack90

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:32 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

So we are fully fledged into the usual post win reaction then. Let’s seek out anyone who has said anything critical about the set up this season, whether they are clearly correct is irrelevant, and attack them even if we have to make it up and embellish stuff to do so.

Your boring so why would I go back through old posts to prove what you and everyone else already knows .
Enjoy your Sunday Debbie
The home support fully behind Russ on 11:47 - Feb 6 with 653 viewsProfessor

The home support fully behind Russ on 10:38 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Not with you there.

You have made criticisms based on the early part of the season and recent works that are justified. Largely around lack of pace, speed of thought and an allergy to playing a quick long ball. Not hoof ball, but as an option. Something the Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup teams all did.

Booing Smith, whose only crime , as a good journeyman DM, is not being Lionel Messi is pretty dumb though
The home support fully behind Russ on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 651 viewsonehunglow

Clearly,those unable to go to home games should be banned from this forum.
Innit.
Yet another cringing divisive thread.

People in many parts of the world still keep interest in their home town club.

And no Ken, some who go go whinge,as you do ,from time to time.

We get a good win and yet we see this stuff.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:54 - Feb 6 with 635 viewsSTID2017

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:32 - Feb 6 by Dr_Parnassus

I am not going to go all through your recent posts to find the negative things you have posted.
Your circumstances are different to Perch as you live on another continent and do post positive well thought out posts, but it is some of your criticism of the team and club I have disagreed with.
Andy Cole posts a lot of argumentative inflammatory posts but at least he was in support of Pato.
Perch only lives in Liverpool and has easy access to many games especially those in the North and Midlands.
His posts are also discrimitory towards mental health, highly critical of Swans and of Swansea his home town.
He also posted a weird post about his sex life on the football post the other day.
Perhaps in hindsight I was wrong to be overly critical of yourself, especially when compared to the likes of Perch

The home support fully behind Russ on 12:01 - Feb 6 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:45 - Feb 6 by jack90

Your boring so why would I go back through old posts to prove what you and everyone else already knows .
Enjoy your Sunday Debbie

Apology accepted.

Next time you have to remember that you will be asked for proof if you lie about someone.

Life lesson for you.

The home support fully behind Russ on 12:02 - Feb 6 with 622 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:47 - Feb 6 by Professor

You have made criticisms based on the early part of the season and recent works that are justified. Largely around lack of pace, speed of thought and an allergy to playing a quick long ball. Not hoof ball, but as an option. Something the Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup teams all did.

Booing Smith, whose only crime , as a good journeyman DM, is not being Lionel Messi is pretty dumb though

So how is that “all things Swans”? If my criticisms are justified and have explained and proved them in depth, then what’s the issue?

I haven’t mentioned Smith let alone boo him.

This is a very confusing thread.

The home support fully behind Russ on 12:06 - Feb 6 with 618 viewsDr_Parnassus

The home support fully behind Russ on 11:54 - Feb 6 by STID2017

I am not going to go all through your recent posts to find the negative things you have posted.
Your circumstances are different to Perch as you live on another continent and do post positive well thought out posts, but it is some of your criticism of the team and club I have disagreed with.
Andy Cole posts a lot of argumentative inflammatory posts but at least he was in support of Pato.
Perch only lives in Liverpool and has easy access to many games especially those in the North and Midlands.
His posts are also discrimitory towards mental health, highly critical of Swans and of Swansea his home town.
He also posted a weird post about his sex life on the football post the other day.
Perhaps in hindsight I was wrong to be overly critical of yourself, especially when compared to the likes of Perch

Being critical is fine, perfectly normal - we have been awful all season.

It’s not been an accident we were 19th this time yesterday. We have been 19th largely due to the things I’m raising.

I won’t ever be happy and positive for the sake of it and if there are issues to be discussed that some may find negative it really doesn’t bother me.

I’m glad you have walked back your accusation towards me, I can’t speak on behalf of others but I feel entirely justified by every comment I’ve made and they don’t change after a solitary win, as I’m sure your positivity doesn’t wane after a solitary defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024