Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale 16:25 - Sep 30 with 11281 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/55908/match-preview-bradfor

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 20:19 - Oct 2 with 2864 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:49 - Oct 2 by borodale

Where a bit soft aren't we. Great passing football without the ruthless cutting edge. Change off formation with a more advanced midfielder needed for me.

Three yellow cards issued today all to Bantams......yet we concede the penalty.

We are a bit soppy, feed them on raw meat this week Robbie and order them to get stuck in.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:05 - Oct 2 with 2740 viewsswiggy

Back in Cem with a load of diehards who’ll still be watching the Dale 20 years from now and reflecting on the game today, the fans always love a trip to Bratfurt but did the players, bloody embarrassing, either play or go away. We love the club but the players? Ffs don’t get Walked over put a challenge in, two weeks running no desire. Mr Stockdale sort it out in please
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:14 - Oct 2 with 2727 viewsinthenet

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:59 - Oct 2 by 1907

Another afternoon where our formation clearly wasn’t working yet Stockdale has again persisted with the set up and refused to alter the style.

That to me is very worrying.

The quality of our finishing today was embarrassing.

Take stock Robbie these players are not up for the fight gutless against Latics and embarrassing today.

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:21 - Oct 2 with 2692 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:14 - Oct 2 by inthenet

Take stock Robbie these players are not up for the fight gutless against Latics and embarrassing today.

Not sure you could say embarrassing about today, if you miss 4/5 guilt edge chances you're going to get punished, im not sure there's much RS can actually do about that scenario,I agree against Oldham though it was painful to watch and still can't figure out why he made the changes he did going into the Oldham game,and why he didn't change things before conceding.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:28 - Oct 2 with 2665 views1907

Something a bit different:

Coleman

O’Keeffee Taylor O'Connell Keohane

Broadbent

Morley Dooley

Kelly

Beesley Andrews
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 2569 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:28 - Oct 2 by 1907

Something a bit different:

Coleman

O’Keeffee Taylor O'Connell Keohane

Broadbent

Morley Dooley

Kelly

Beesley Andrews

I don't think you're far off with that line up

We need greater physicality both in midfield and up front

Odoh, Cashman & Newby aren't firing from the start but can all add impact later in the game

Not sure why Andrews wasn't on the bench today. If Beesley goes off with an injury we've no focus at all. I think it'd be worth trying both from the start, with the trickier players in reserve

That midfield also gives us more depth and a positive link to the frontmen through Kelly. We need to see what he can do

I'd also bring back Lynch

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 07:36 - Oct 3 with 2292 views1907

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 22:10 - Oct 2 by D_Alien

I don't think you're far off with that line up

We need greater physicality both in midfield and up front

Odoh, Cashman & Newby aren't firing from the start but can all add impact later in the game

Not sure why Andrews wasn't on the bench today. If Beesley goes off with an injury we've no focus at all. I think it'd be worth trying both from the start, with the trickier players in reserve

That midfield also gives us more depth and a positive link to the frontmen through Kelly. We need to see what he can do

I'd also bring back Lynch

I’d be interested to see what Beesley and Andrews can do together.

Must be a nightmare for any centre half’s to come against with their physicality & workrate, especially with Kelly’s creativity playing off them.

Fingers crossed for real changes over the coming games.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 09:00 - Oct 3 with 2198 viewsDiddyDave

Just watched the two minutes highlights on Youtube, any team that misses absolute sitters like that don`t deserve to win any games. RS talks about every player playing for his place,
well ,you could`ve fooled me.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 09:38 - Oct 3 with 2136 viewsAltDaleComms

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 09:42 - Oct 3 with 2122 viewsfrequency

Lynch and Andrews back for me

Hate city

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 12:06 - Oct 3 with 1957 viewsNorthernDale

The misses from Odoh and Cashman were shocking yesterday, but playing Cashman on the wing does not help.

I thought Morley was poor again, and the game seemed to pass him by, and at times it was like BBM was back in charge with the passing sideways and backwards, even worse we tried to walk the ball into the box, rather then a quick first time ball, like Bradford. I am unsure if Andrews is the answer, but playing Cashman in a central role may help and I thought Beesley was also pushed off the ball far too easy by the Bradford defence.

I would be tempted to have a midfield of Dooley, Kelly and Grant and I would bring Taylor back into the defence, as he been injured or just dropped?
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:12 - Oct 3 with 1821 viewsEllDale

The problem is that I don’t think that Odoh and Cashman are natural finishers although the latter did score a neat winner against Tranmere.
Odoh missed a sitter in the first half of the same game by trying to blast the ball. Cashman also missed an easy chance against Scunthorpe which would have secured the win.Pass it into the net.
A former player of ours who can’t be named although he currently plays upfront for Salford would perhaps have been into double figures in terms of goals in this team.
That means that Beesley is the only proven scorer although he probably isn’t a 20 goal a season a man.
So where are the goals going to come from?
I’m not sure that Andrews is the answer. Too immobile, in fact I wonder if he was one of those lads who were the same size when they were 14 as they are now and so found goals easy to come by in junior football.
The cheque book may well have to come out in January.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:46 - Oct 3 with 1777 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:36 - Oct 2 by inthenet

From playoffs to relegation in a matter of 2 weeks come on Robbie get it sorted …

We're closer to the play-offs than relegation on points...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:49 - Oct 3 with 1763 viewsShun

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:13 - Oct 2 by fitzochris

Perhaps time to look at moving away from three at the back again and employing a midfield destroyer?

What concerns me (slightly) is that prior to the season starting Stockdale spoke very well about not sticking to the same formation, and adapting how we play dependant on the situation. That simply hasn’t happened so far. We’ve stuck with the same formation every match, even refusing to change it mid-match when it’s clear it isn’t working.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 1750 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 20:19 - Oct 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Three yellow cards issued today all to Bantams......yet we concede the penalty.

We are a bit soppy, feed them on raw meat this week Robbie and order them to get stuck in.

Can you elaborate on your first sentence, because I'm struggling with the link between its two parts?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:52 - Oct 3 with 1749 viewsShun

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:33 - Oct 2 by D_Alien

Roccy could give RS some advice on Dorsett too

Dorsett’s a bit of an enigma for me. He’s very good in the tackle, built like a mountain, and generally his positioning is good. But his passing is woeful, and his sliced clearance yesterday lead to the first goal.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 15:52 - Oct 3 with 1658 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:52 - Oct 3 by Shun

Dorsett’s a bit of an enigma for me. He’s very good in the tackle, built like a mountain, and generally his positioning is good. But his passing is woeful, and his sliced clearance yesterday lead to the first goal.

My thoughts exactly. Rugged and strong enough to be a decent lower league defender, but as soon as he has the ball at his feet to play out he is woeful
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:35 - Oct 3 with 1575 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 14:49 - Oct 3 by Shun

What concerns me (slightly) is that prior to the season starting Stockdale spoke very well about not sticking to the same formation, and adapting how we play dependant on the situation. That simply hasn’t happened so far. We’ve stuck with the same formation every match, even refusing to change it mid-match when it’s clear it isn’t working.

Not sure he did. From what I remember he said he didn't really see the formation choice as a big deal the most important thing was playing our best players in their best position. He wanted us to concentrate on ourselves more than the opposition.

Before the Bradford game I was in the fence about whether he should change it up or not. Now I would say it's obvious we need to freshen it up and if we want our best players on the pitch we have to drop a central midfielder.

Whether it's 443, 442, 424, 4312 or 4141 or whatever. We've currently got some very good players on the bench that are missing out to Dorsett and/or Graham who have been found out in the last couple of games in terms of distribution and passing ability.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:37 - Oct 3 with 1433 viewssomdale

Surely if we are creating so many chances, we dont need to change much, what do we want to become, a side that doesnt make lots of chances?
The ball going in the net is what its all about once that starts happening, we will see a different game
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:26 - Oct 3 with 1274 viewsEllDale

I think the three at the back was utilised early in the season to try and keep clean sheets after the defensive disaster at Harrogate.
I think the realisation now is that Graham and Dorsett are really good L2 stopper central defenders.
As such, please don’t ask them to be creative.
As was mentioned weeks ago, it needs a Peter Cavanagh/Gary Jones in the middle of the park.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 21:37 - Oct 3 with 1232 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:37 - Oct 3 by somdale

Surely if we are creating so many chances, we dont need to change much, what do we want to become, a side that doesnt make lots of chances?
The ball going in the net is what its all about once that starts happening, we will see a different game

Yeah, that's a good point. I'd still be inclined to switch to a back four, if only to see if that tweak (especially at home) gives us greater control of midfield areas to allow the frontmen to concentrate on goalscoring rather than dashing around (Beesley) or playing too deep (Cashman)

They need to be fresh on arrival into the box rather than knackered

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024