Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale 16:25 - Sep 30 with 10994 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/55908/match-preview-bradfor

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:44 - Oct 2 with 2636 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:39 - Oct 2 by RippDale

It's the same every week now, same formation, same substitutions, same mistakes. Robbie's 1st big test to arrest the slide. The midfield is over run each match

It's been said on this post & others, we are missing an enforcer in midfield. O'connell seems to be getting in there himself but then we are losing out at the back. internet went down so I didn't see the penalty but saying that it was an error between O'Connell & Keohane that put us in trouble

744 disappointed travelling fans unless there is a dramatic twist, but for all the attacking we have done, their keeper has not really had a shot to save
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 16:45]
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:47 - Oct 2 with 2594 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:36 - Oct 2 by inthenet

From playoffs to relegation in a matter of 2 weeks come on Robbie get it sorted …

We started a place above Bratfud and we are now sat at 16th whilst they are in the last play-off spot. We shouldn't have lost this one. Robbie's first real test now after a woeful performance vs Latics too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:51 - Oct 2 with 2533 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:47 - Oct 2 by DaleiLama

We started a place above Bratfud and we are now sat at 16th whilst they are in the last play-off spot. We shouldn't have lost this one. Robbie's first real test now after a woeful performance vs Latics too.

And another poor effort in the 90th minute where Newby should have at least hit the target - sums up the game. 4 minutes of extra time but game over now
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:52 - Oct 2 with 2526 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:44 - Oct 2 by Nigeriamark

It's been said on this post & others, we are missing an enforcer in midfield. O'connell seems to be getting in there himself but then we are losing out at the back. internet went down so I didn't see the penalty but saying that it was an error between O'Connell & Keohane that put us in trouble

744 disappointed travelling fans unless there is a dramatic twist, but for all the attacking we have done, their keeper has not really had a shot to save
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 16:45]

Keohane was lazy. They got behind EOC who fouled his man in the area. Clear penalty.
Keohane had a poor game, as has O keefe.

Bottom line is, we should be winning this game but for awful shooting and poor defending.

Funnily enough Morley and Dooley have done ok in the main....but we could do with another player with them.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:58 - Oct 2 with 2445 viewsfunkkk

Could have been so much different if we hadn’t been so wasteful. Ultimately though we can’t defend like we are doing as a team and expect to win games.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:59 - Oct 2 with 2428 views1907

Another afternoon where our formation clearly wasn’t working yet Stockdale has again persisted with the set up and refused to alter the style.

That to me is very worrying.

The quality of our finishing today was embarrassing.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 2408 viewsdingdangblue

How we've not scored a hatful today beggars belief. Two awful efforts by Cashman at 1-0. The first he should square to Beesley for an open goal - very selfish and unaware of his teammate. The second is an awful finish high over the bar when it's easier to score. Need a response next Saturday or it's going to be a long old season of dropping points we shouldn't.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 2404 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:52 - Oct 2 by dawlishdale

Keohane was lazy. They got behind EOC who fouled his man in the area. Clear penalty.
Keohane had a poor game, as has O keefe.

Bottom line is, we should be winning this game but for awful shooting and poor defending.

Funnily enough Morley and Dooley have done ok in the main....but we could do with another player with them.

But apart from the awful shooting, poor defending and lack of someone else in midfield + a keeper error for the first, we didn't do much wrong
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 2250 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:00 - Oct 2 by Nigeriamark

But apart from the awful shooting, poor defending and lack of someone else in midfield + a keeper error for the first, we didn't do much wrong

And the aquaducts.

Joking apart; it's starting to become worrying. The 3 at the back will work, but I have little confidence in two of the three picked today. Both wing backs have been poor for a couple of weeks...O Keefe especially has regressed considerably.

And I'd have them in at 9am tomorrow for shooting practice. The whole lot of 'em.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 2236 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:59 - Oct 2 by 1907

Another afternoon where our formation clearly wasn’t working yet Stockdale has again persisted with the set up and refused to alter the style.

That to me is very worrying.

The quality of our finishing today was embarrassing.

Oh dear.....think Robbie will be yet again "frustrated" by our lot's poor showing.

Getting a bit like BBM's "we were in total control " .

Question should be "why have we turned so shit, Mr Stockdale?"

Still early days, thank goodness, but foresee another dogfight ahead if we don't sort it.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:18 - Oct 2 with 2238 viewssince58

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 16:58 - Oct 2 by funkkk

Could have been so much different if we hadn’t been so wasteful. Ultimately though we can’t defend like we are doing as a team and expect to win games.

Missing chances like we did today puts pressure on the defence,we could have let three in today and still won easily. Shocking finishing ultimstely cost us.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2208 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:17 - Oct 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

Oh dear.....think Robbie will be yet again "frustrated" by our lot's poor showing.

Getting a bit like BBM's "we were in total control " .

Question should be "why have we turned so shit, Mr Stockdale?"

Still early days, thank goodness, but foresee another dogfight ahead if we don't sort it.

Bring back Keef !!
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2200 viewsjonahwhereru

With a full squad and no midweek game make no mistake this is what RS sees as his best 11, so no excuses are available for the last two results.
Keith Hill used to say you know where you stand after 10 league games, and that puts us bottom half way, but competitive in each game. I would have settle for 16th at the start of the season, but we had flashed some promise of better and human nature means I am disappointed right now.
We are almost in a position where you need an injury mishap or a alike to spark a difference. What would Sammy do in this instance? Perhaps we will find out very soon how beneficial his mentor ship role is.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:23 - Oct 2 with 2176 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:00 - Oct 2 by Nigeriamark

Was listening on Ifollow, had concerned going up & back today and working a night shift. Got pinged so now isolating though waiting PCR test results.
Just looked at the stats and they make us look the far better team (yes yes the most important one doesn't)
Dale had more Accurate passes, Big Chances
Corners the majority of our passing was in the opposition half. We had more accurate long balls and crosses. Our players' won more duels. So how the hell have we only had one solitary shot on target in the whole 90+ minutes?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 2142 views49thseason

The wheels are starting to wobble. I said last week, we need a goalscorer or a shift of system, probably both. Time to try Andrews and Beezley with one from Cashman, Ohdo or Newby, with 3 in midfield and a 4 at the back. At the very least there needs to be the capacity to change formation during the game
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 2128 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:17 - Oct 2 by dawlishdale

And the aquaducts.

Joking apart; it's starting to become worrying. The 3 at the back will work, but I have little confidence in two of the three picked today. Both wing backs have been poor for a couple of weeks...O Keefe especially has regressed considerably.

And I'd have them in at 9am tomorrow for shooting practice. The whole lot of 'em.

Shooting is the only thing that looks to need working on.

15 shots today, 1 on target.

https://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2013/1/17/3880454/a-look-at-shots-on-target-e

The Shots On Target theories started back in the early 2010 and an assessment that there is a 30% conversion rate between a shot on target and a goal.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/16/shooting/League-Two-Stats

This link has the shooting stats for League 2. We've had 31 shots on target according to that website.

Harrogate are top with 45 shots on target.

Get to the top of that league table and I think we will be fine; the chances are being created but 1 shot on target in 90 minutes is what the issue is.

5 shots on target a game on average looks to be the standard if you want to be towards the top of this league.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 2075 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:21 - Oct 2 by jonahwhereru

With a full squad and no midweek game make no mistake this is what RS sees as his best 11, so no excuses are available for the last two results.
Keith Hill used to say you know where you stand after 10 league games, and that puts us bottom half way, but competitive in each game. I would have settle for 16th at the start of the season, but we had flashed some promise of better and human nature means I am disappointed right now.
We are almost in a position where you need an injury mishap or a alike to spark a difference. What would Sammy do in this instance? Perhaps we will find out very soon how beneficial his mentor ship role is.

The first thing i'd do is fire off Lee & Allardyce

Be your own man Robbie; stand or fall by it, you've been in the game long enough

Unlike those who can't wait to pile on at the very first sign of things not going right, i'll stand by Robbie. Wasn't there today, but if your forwards can't put what sounded like golden chances away you'll pay for it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 2076 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:26 - Oct 2 by 49thseason

The wheels are starting to wobble. I said last week, we need a goalscorer or a shift of system, probably both. Time to try Andrews and Beezley with one from Cashman, Ohdo or Newby, with 3 in midfield and a 4 at the back. At the very least there needs to be the capacity to change formation during the game

On the subject of a goalscorer, it's a shame we didn't negotiate loaning back Humphrys for half a season after selling him to Wigan. He doesn't appear to be a regular starter for them and often comes on in the last few minutes if at all.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 2003 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:21 - Oct 2 by jonahwhereru

It would be interesting to know where Keith Hill's Dale teams were at the 10 game stage.

I can't remember us ever really tearing it up in the first 10 games under Hill but progressively getting there in the end. We were always a better second half of the season team.

Lots of football still to play and 108 points still to play for.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:11 - Oct 2 with 1884 viewsswiggy

Oh dear oh dear, I’m agreeing with lots of the comments but my big problem is desire and will to win, the last two games have seen two teams beat us because they wanted to win more than we did, put a foot in, win a tackle, not hard we have too many players who don’t seem bothered, instill some passion and will to win and we’ll be OK, half hearted challenges and can’t be bothered isn’t good enough and I never thought I’d say it but if big Jim isn’t better than Dorsett who is quite possibly the worst player I’ve seen in 60 years watching the Dale then someone tell me what he brings to the team?
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:13 - Oct 2 with 1877 viewsfitzochris

Perhaps time to look at moving away from three at the back again and employing a midfield destroyer?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:15 - Oct 2 with 1865 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 17:31 - Oct 2 by D_Alien

The first thing i'd do is fire off Lee & Allardyce

Be your own man Robbie; stand or fall by it, you've been in the game long enough

Unlike those who can't wait to pile on at the very first sign of things not going right, i'll stand by Robbie. Wasn't there today, but if your forwards can't put what sounded like golden chances away you'll pay for it

Allardyce was only there as a spectator last week.

Or he was looking for a photo opportunity with roccydaleian.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:33 - Oct 2 with 1795 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:15 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Allardyce was only there as a spectator last week.

Or he was looking for a photo opportunity with roccydaleian.

Roccy could give RS some advice on Dorsett too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 18:49 - Oct 2 with 1729 viewsborodale

Where a bit soft aren't we. Great passing football without the ruthless cutting edge. Change off formation with a more advanced midfielder needed for me.
Match Thread: Bradford vs Dale on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 1683 viewsCedar_Room

Went to the game today. Don’t really have too much positive to report. It felt quite flat from the outset and didn’t really improve although overall, to be fair, it was probably down to the tale of who finished their chances and who didn’t. We had 3 golden opportunities - Odoh first half and Cashman x2 in the second - which if we score changes the game completely. If Odoh finishes we probably go into half time 1-0 up. If Cashman squares to Beesley or even scores himself we level it and then O’Connell isn’t pushing forward and out of position for what led to the penalty. Bradford weren’t that great and we could have got something from the game but we were let down by missing elements. For me we need something more in central midfield - there’s no Gary Jones in this team who drives us forward and spreads the play around. I think it’s the reason O’Connell was so far up the pitch on a few occasions - he’s basically doing the job of a central midfielder because there’s no one else there to do it. But that leaves us exposed on the counter. Secondly we need more options upfront. Beesley is being asked to do far too much as the lone striker which I’m not sure is fair to him. He’s being asked to keep the ball up, distribute the play, be in the box for any cross that comes in and convert any half chance that comes his way. He needs more support and I’d quite like it if we had a front two with perhaps Newby just behind him because we do have in Cashmand and Odoh players who can get the ball forward into dangerous positions. This is a bit of a test for Stockdale and he needs to show he can adapt when things need to change. I still have faith and he’s got all my support because there is the skills here to be doing a lot better than we are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024