Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 13:43 - Sep 16 with 24657 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Today’s fixtures

Luton Town v Swansea City
Kenilworth David Pleat Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
Whose Tony is that jacket ? Tony Harrington ( whose coat ) will be the referee for Swansea City’s Championship clash against Luton Town on Saturday (3pm). The Cleveland official took charge of the Swans five times last season, he oversaw wins over Nottingham Forest and Rotherham, as well as the away leg against Barnsley in the play-offs, plus defeats against Huddersfield and Birmingham. Jacket will be assisted by Mark Scholes and Craig Taylor, while Darren Drysdale is the fourth official. Mark is related to Paul Scholes, possibly.

New Covid rules mean you can’t slowly drive your car near the ground or talk to a variety of ladies with money in your hand. Just in case, you understand. Wear a mask.

Never trust a hippy.

This is a huge opportunity for Luton boss Nathan Jones to sound absolutely ridiculous again and bemoan about referees, missed opportunity, and his stupid accent.

Nick Owen said he was a Luton fan, then he said this "However, I have a significant number of other commitments, with both my primary employer, the BBC, and other organisations. All of these demand long travel and unpredictable schedules and consequently I feel that I am unable to dedicate the time and effort that I feel the role now deserves."

Seriously though, this could easily be a defining game for Russell Martin, the swans have lost only once in the previous seven meetings. Luton draw a lot of games, expect a 1-1 draw. In the last meeting the swans lived life dangerously but won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55776/russell-martin-eye

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55782/luton-town-confide

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, James Bree, Kal Naismith (capt), Harry Cornick, Luke Berry, Elijah Adebayo, Tom Lockyer, Reece Burke, Pelly Mpanzu, Henri Lansbury, Gabriel Osho.

Subs: James Shea, Glen Rea, Danny Hylton, Carlos Mendes-Gomes, Jordan Clark, Dion Pereira, Cameron Jerome.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Rhys Williams, Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (capt), Liam Walsh, Jamie Paterson, Ryan Manning, Michael Obafemi.

Subs: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Joel Piroe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55796/another-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55794/swansea-city-show-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 1412 viewsWalterBoyd

How not a red ? Ridiculous

Manning does need to be subbed though before he gets a 2nd yellow.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 1400 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:29 - Sep 18 by Catullus

It looked like things had improved the last 2 games, I'm not watching but I'll say this, we can have the majority of possession but without any attacking threat it's pointless. Martin needs to get this sorted or he'll find his support dwindles very quickly.

As I ype this sky reports we're 3 down so today could be a tipping point.

You are suddenly noticing exactly what we have been saying… and criticising us for.

This isn’t a new thing.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:33 - Sep 18 with 1405 viewsCatullus

Sky reporter just said we are being undone by quick diagonal balls, quick and effective he said.

I don't understand why Martin hasn't started Piroe alongside Obafemi, that's when we looked most dangerous last time.

Nathan Jones looks to have us sussed out.

I just saw a report from Forest too, looks like sacking Hughton was enough for them, the reporter said they've been dominant!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 1392 viewsmax936

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:30 - Sep 18 by NotLoyal

That's a red

All day long and him in black compounds it by then giving Manning a yellow as well. Incredible

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 1385 viewsshingle

The clueless and delusional keep saying Martin has only been here for 5 minutes and to give him a chance whilst the more realistic amongst us had a pretty good idea straight away that this guy is nothing but a very good talker.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 1368 viewsWalterBoyd

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:29 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Happy Walt

You probably are enjoying.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:35 - Sep 18 with 1348 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:33 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Sky reporter just said we are being undone by quick diagonal balls, quick and effective he said.

I don't understand why Martin hasn't started Piroe alongside Obafemi, that's when we looked most dangerous last time.

Nathan Jones looks to have us sussed out.

I just saw a report from Forest too, looks like sacking Hughton was enough for them, the reporter said they've been dominant!

It ain’t hard .
Jones did it before.
How I wish we had him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:35 - Sep 18 with 1344 viewsjack_lord

I am utterly shocked that wasn't a red and to add insult he booked Manning. The ref needs to be fined for that decision. DEADFUL ( a bit like us today)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:35 - Sep 18 with 1330 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derby 2-0 up

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 1306 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:35 - Sep 18 by jack_lord

I am utterly shocked that wasn't a red and to add insult he booked Manning. The ref needs to be fined for that decision. DEADFUL ( a bit like us today)

I feel like death myself

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 1309 viewsFlashberryjack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:29 - Sep 18 by swan65split

dONT bother flash, its .......I have no words!!!

Plenty of time to turn this game around mun, I'm confident we can do it

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:38 - Sep 18 with 1261 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why are our defence pushing up to the halfway line when we don't have control of the ball? All they have to do is kick it in behind and they're in. It's bemusing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:39 - Sep 18 with 1223 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Sep 18 by shingle

The clueless and delusional keep saying Martin has only been here for 5 minutes and to give him a chance whilst the more realistic amongst us had a pretty good idea straight away that this guy is nothing but a very good talker.

He may well be a good manager but there seems to be a bit of ego/stubbornness at the moment.

He needs to be able to change his plan when it clearly isn’t working.

I understand he wanted us to be a total possession team, but having 70% possession and doing nothing with it is killing us.

This has been clear for quite some time and have explained it in great detail. I hope after today we can get some more productive dialogue going instead of being met with this nonsense “time” response.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:40 - Sep 18 with 1204 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:36 - Sep 18 by Flashberryjack

Yes,Russ said it will take time

He s right.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:40 - Sep 18 with 1204 viewsWalterBoyd

Adebayo has the beating of our defence. Pace. Lucky it's not 4-0.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:40 - Sep 18 with 1195 viewsProfessor

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:36 - Sep 18 by Flashberryjack

You on crack then Flash?
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 1159 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:32 - Sep 18 by Badlands

Daft selection
No coming back from this today and damaged for a long time.
Fallen into the trap of playing the best trainers not the best team.
6 players start today who should be on the bench.
Nothing wrong with the style of play Martin is attempting but he needs to pick players who can play it.

I could scarcely believe it as radio Wales read it out Pre game. No strength in midfield whatsoever. Being badly bullied. Need to take grimes and Patterson off and shove on Piroe and Ntcham . Take Manning off too as through no fault of his own he’ll get sent off with this tw Ange log a ref.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 1152 viewsjackrabbit

Well after two consecutive nil-nils, at least we’ve seen 3 goals….oh, hang on……..
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 1144 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:34 - Sep 18 by shingle

IMO,he could well turn out to be our biggest failure

Owners need to be brave here

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 1134 viewsMrSwerve

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:29 - Sep 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope Nottingham do take Cooper. That compensation money may be needed to poach someone capable of saving our season.

Maybe we could use it to poach Cooper off Forest...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 1123 viewsmax936

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:40 - Sep 18 by Professor

You on crack then Flash?

I was thinking of opening a nice Red, but it'll probably curdle at this moment in time

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:44 - Sep 18 with 1090 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:43 - Sep 18 by MrSwerve

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:44 - Sep 18 with 1080 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:43 - Sep 18 by MrSwerve

He’s still contracted to us, we need Huw back to turn his phone off

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:45 - Sep 18 with 1062 viewsraynor94

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:43 - Sep 18 by max936

I was thinking of opening a nice Red, but it'll probably curdle at this moment in time

Same here Max, gutted

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 15:45 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Same here Max, gutted

Get used to it,
Remember we are told to trust this man implicitly

We will certainly go down if he stays.

He is messing good players around too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024