Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping 14:44 - Aug 4 with 8378 views80s_Boy

I know there's a few other 'Groundhoppers' out there so just to bring to your attention that tickets for the AFC Wimbledon match against Gillingham on Tuesday, 17th August are on general sale.

We're away to Middleboro' the following night so if you're looking to tick off the newest ground in London here's a good chance.

(No booking fee either, Mr Hoos...)

Or U23 team are at home (Loftus Road) in the afternoon against Hull that day too if you're looking for something to do in the afternoon ;-)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 14:46]
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 14:34 - Aug 9 with 980 viewsstowmarketrange

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 14:29 - Aug 9 by toboboly

NGU and Hanwell are both short walks from their respective tubes so as long as you get a wiggle on should be doable.

Annoyingly Bedfont & Feltham are just slightly too far away for a double.

It depends on what Barnsley are doing.If they’re winning,the game might not finish until 3pm if they’re wasting time,but if they are winning 3-0,you might easily be able to make any game you like.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 14:42 - Aug 9 with 965 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 14:29 - Aug 9 by toboboly

NGU and Hanwell are both short walks from their respective tubes so as long as you get a wiggle on should be doable.

Annoyingly Bedfont & Feltham are just slightly too far away for a double.

Thank you.

Would rather tick a new ground so will aim for NGU. Our game should finish around 20 past 2 so should be ok for that.

At least the COVID restrictions are behind us and we don't need to buy tickets in advance so I can make adjustments on the day. That never felt right as a non-league fan!
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:50 - Aug 9 with 913 viewsozranger

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 14:42 - Aug 9 by Bankole_Fan_Club

Thank you.

Would rather tick a new ground so will aim for NGU. Our game should finish around 20 past 2 so should be ok for that.

At least the COVID restrictions are behind us and we don't need to buy tickets in advance so I can make adjustments on the day. That never felt right as a non-league fan!

Another is Wembley FC, which according to Google should be about 45mins from stadium to stadium, so you may have to leave early. Wembley should be playing Grays Athletic in the FA Cup. Poss. quickest if bus to Ealing and Piccadilly to the ground.

I once thought of doing Orient and then QPR when the former were playing in the National League and had a kick off at 12:30 but knew the Central Line is too slow to complete in time.

Back to AFC Wimbledon, I'll actually be seeing them tomorrow at Charlton in the League Cup. A tenner to get in and only £1.50 processing fee.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:53 - Aug 9 with 907 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:50 - Aug 9 by ozranger

Another is Wembley FC, which according to Google should be about 45mins from stadium to stadium, so you may have to leave early. Wembley should be playing Grays Athletic in the FA Cup. Poss. quickest if bus to Ealing and Piccadilly to the ground.

I once thought of doing Orient and then QPR when the former were playing in the National League and had a kick off at 12:30 but knew the Central Line is too slow to complete in time.

Back to AFC Wimbledon, I'll actually be seeing them tomorrow at Charlton in the League Cup. A tenner to get in and only £1.50 processing fee.

Have ticked Wembley and hate leaving early.

Thanks for the heads up though, very appreciated.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 896 viewsozranger

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:53 - Aug 9 by Bankole_Fan_Club

Have ticked Wembley and hate leaving early.

Thanks for the heads up though, very appreciated.

Forgot to add that you should, from the Monday prior, look at http://www.tlfg.uk/ which is run by James Doe a QPR man. That will give you an idea of what is about on every day up to the Sunday after. Great for organising double-headers, etc.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:03 - Aug 9 with 890 viewsaston_hoop

Treated myself to the pre-season blockbuster between AE Prat and CE Manresa last night - both of various regional levels in Spain. Free entry during pre-season and you could nip out to the shops at HT and grab a couple of cans for the second half.

If you squint hard enough, its almost like watching the real thing

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 16:18 - Aug 9 with 869 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 15:57 - Aug 9 by ozranger

Forgot to add that you should, from the Monday prior, look at http://www.tlfg.uk/ which is run by James Doe a QPR man. That will give you an idea of what is about on every day up to the Sunday after. Great for organising double-headers, etc.

That's a great site and I've followed it on Twitter for years.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 832 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 23:19 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

Ha ha, I love games like that especially grounds in the Essex Olympian League for some reason. Discovered various parts of London and the bordering counties going to matches at step 7 though its hard work when the weather is crap!

That's a great amount and I hope to be there myself one day. Also love the overseas experience and discovering new countries and football cultures. Have Romania on the list for my next foreign trip but it might be a while until it becomes less complicated.

Hoping to do a double in Ireland in October but whether that is a match in Dublin on the Friday and Glentoran in Belfast on the Saturday or Northern Ireland vs Lithuania at Windsor Park on the Friday will depend on travel restrictions to the Republic and/or fans being allowed into the Windsor Park match.

Have booked myself a day return to Belfast (£60) to see a match at Glentoran later this season.

They've got planning permission to build a new stadium so time is running out to visit what is one of the most characteristic grounds in Europe.
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:31 - Aug 9 with 811 viewsMick_S

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:04 - Aug 9 by Bankole_Fan_Club

Have booked myself a day return to Belfast (£60) to see a match at Glentoran later this season.

They've got planning permission to build a new stadium so time is running out to visit what is one of the most characteristic grounds in Europe.

Well done mate, that’s bloody cheap. I get over there when I can
( family) and it’s something I have to do.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:42 - Aug 9 with 799 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:31 - Aug 9 by Mick_S

Well done mate, that’s bloody cheap. I get over there when I can
( family) and it’s something I have to do.

Match tickets are £11 so around £70 in total.

It would have cost me more to see us play at Hull on Saturday if I was going.
AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:44 - Aug 9 with 796 viewsMick_S

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:42 - Aug 9 by Bankole_Fan_Club

Match tickets are £11 so around £70 in total.

It would have cost me more to see us play at Hull on Saturday if I was going.

That include flights? I’ve passed that ground so many times - family in the sticks near Coleraine.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:50 - Aug 9 with 789 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

AFC Wimbledon - Groundhopping on 17:44 - Aug 9 by Mick_S

That include flights? I’ve passed that ground so many times - family in the sticks near Coleraine.

That's the one.

First saw it when flying to Belfast for a funeral about 10 years ago and always wanted to see a match since.

New ground plans have forced the issue.

The £60 is return flights from LGW. Easyjet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024