Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay 10:49 - Feb 7 with 13624 viewsbosh67

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51414010 - Pretty brave decision to make to be fair. Have met him several times over the years and he's a top human being. My girlfriend's brother made a very similar decision after about the same time and was in a very powerful public position. In the end was the best decision he made and over time everyone got used to it. It took my girlfriend quite a few years to get her head around it but she's now very happy for him because he's just been honest to himself. Tough on Phillip's family but I suspect they have known for a very long time this day would come and for the sake of your mental health and those around you you have to make these decisions, especially if you are in the public eye. Good luck to him. People shouldn't spend their lives hiding. Whether you agree with their decisions or not.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 13:54 - Feb 7 with 2718 viewsLunarJetman

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 13:13 - Feb 7 by Benny_the_Ball

In this day and age Schofield coming out as gay is neither surprising nor newsworthy. Cheating his wife is and those celebrating Phil coming out are rubbing salt in her wounds.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 0:34]

Did he cheat on his wife? I didn't read that.
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:03 - Feb 7 with 2682 viewsw7r

In this day and age Schofield coming out as gay is neither surprising nor newsworthy. Cheating his wife is and those celebrating Phil coming out are rubbing salt in her wounds.

He clearly states in the one article I read that nobody else involved and that he hasn't been with another male.
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:05 - Feb 7 with 2667 viewsngbqpr

Well said Lunar. A lot of 2+2 = 5 comments on here.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:07 - Feb 7 with 2640 views2Thomas2Bowles

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:03 - Feb 7 by w7r

He clearly states in the one article I read that nobody else involved and that he hasn't been with another male.

You chuck your whole life in the wind coming out and yet had never gritted his teeth and biting the pillow.

Yeah Right!!!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 15:01]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:14 - Feb 7 with 2626 viewstimcocking

Surely it was absolutely obvious?
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:27 - Feb 7 with 2589 viewsthame_hoops

He Lives close to me in Oxon, a few weeks back he moved in a special' person to an annexxe he had built so it was well known around these parts lol surprised it took the media this long to find out
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:29 - Feb 7 with 2587 viewshubble

He smoked, but never inhaled...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:57 - Feb 7 with 2524 viewsjohncharles

Shock Horror !!! Whoever next ????? Boy George ??????🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay (n/t) on 16:20 - Feb 7 with 2368 viewssuperhoop67

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 12:26 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

He's a very good footballer.

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 16:21 - Feb 7 with 2365 viewssuperhoop67

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 12:26 - Feb 7 by Mick_S

He's a very good footballer.

sign him up .He could stiffen up our back 4
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 20:00 - Feb 7 with 2135 viewsJuzzie

Good luck to him. I’m not fussed either way.

The only thing that irks me is this need for celebs to ‘announce’ things all the time.
There are millions of people around the world with all sorts of issues and dilemmas and probably never able to deal with them as they’re not in a fortunate position to get widespread public support and validation.
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 20:21 - Feb 7 with 2103 viewsGloucs_R

Not surprised, he spent several years with his hand up a puppets arse 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 21:45 - Feb 7 with 1976 viewsBoston

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 20:00 - Feb 7 by Juzzie

Good luck to him. I’m not fussed either way.

The only thing that irks me is this need for celebs to ‘announce’ things all the time.
There are millions of people around the world with all sorts of issues and dilemmas and probably never able to deal with them as they’re not in a fortunate position to get widespread public support and validation.

widespread, eh.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 21:53 - Feb 7 with 1976 viewsDejR_vu

Unless she knew and accepted it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 22:32 - Feb 7 with 1925 viewsplasmahoop

Fair enough, who's bothered either way. Shows how much I know, barely watching this morning in my defence, but I'd always assumed he was giving Holly Willoughby one
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 02:30 - Feb 8 with 1811 viewsPunteR

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 13:54 - Feb 7 by LunarJetman

Did he cheat on his wife? I didn't read that.

So he'd rather have sex relations with men after 27 years of marriage ? I don't think you could blame her if she felt cheated on.
Fairplay to his wife and daughters for rallying round him. Couldn't care less about him though. Just another tv personality dragging his personal life into the limelight for attention.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 06:40 - Feb 8 with 1716 viewsJuzzie

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 21:45 - Feb 7 by Boston

widespread, eh.

Yes. There’s a big online world out there aside of LFW.
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 08:11 - Feb 8 with 1642 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 14:03 - Feb 7 by w7r

As ‘coming outs’ go, it’s a bit VAR as compared to a proper unequivocal no-going back in George Michael coming out!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 08:41 - Feb 8 with 1605 viewsLunarJetman

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 02:30 - Feb 8 by PunteR

So he'd rather have sex relations with men after 27 years of marriage ? I don't think you could blame her if she felt cheated on.
Fairplay to his wife and daughters for rallying round him. Couldn't care less about him though. Just another tv personality dragging his personal life into the limelight for attention.

Someone might feel betrayed after 27 years of marriage if their partner wanted to leave them for someone else, but not sure they’d feel cheated on. Cheated on if they left them for someone else or had been with someone else during their marriage, but again, there’s no comments or indication that this is the case.

Do you know more than has been published if you suggest he’s got someone else lined up to replace his wife already?

Just seems like yet more of 2+2=5 just so someone can get all worked up about it to be honest...

Maybe he feels he needs to be honest with everyone so he can be himself. He seemed genuinely anxious/stressed when talking yesterday and it seems to have been a weight on his mind so rather than continue bottling it up and keep damaging his mental health it’s all out in the open.

Personally it has no impact on me and I don’t really care one way or the other what he does in his life, but if this has helped him be at peace with his life so he can move forwards then fair play to him.

He seems to have the support of his friends and family so I guess he doesn’t really care about a few plums bashing away on their keyboards, posting away on message boards to release their concerns/anger/disagreements about his life choices.

Also, despite his denials that it’s not motivated by someone pressuring him into this before they share it with some rag like the Sun, who’s to say that this isn’t something that is a factor....
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 08:42 - Feb 8 with 1603 viewsQPR_Jim

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 02:30 - Feb 8 by PunteR

So he's not cheated on her as far as we know. From what's been said his wife is accepting of it, perhaps she already suspected.

He's just taken the decision to get it across in his own words before a journalist reports on it without his knowledge or approval. It's going to come out eventually, so hardly doing it for attention.

Not really big news tbh but everyone seems to have an opinion on it anyway.
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 08:58 - Feb 8 with 1584 viewsStoicHoop

Thank god for Lunar, a beacon of sanity, some really shameful comments on here. I know nothing about Philip S but it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that someone coming of age in the 1980s (tombstones crashing down telling you not to die of AIDS) might have felt unable to live an authentic life.

And we wonder why football is about the only industry in the world where no one connected with it dares to reveal they are gay.

I’ve always hoped QPR might have that honour. A diverse, community focused and liberal club - until I read some of this bilge...
Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 1538 viewsjohncharles

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 13:15 - Feb 7 by Antti_Heinola

'Things have changed' people say.

And then you read this thread. Jesus wept.

Don’t think anyone is objecting to him being gay. There’s nothing homophobic in this thread. Just bored by another Z list TV “personality “ thinking that everyone is interested in this.

Strong and stable my arse.

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 1537 viewsPunteR

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 08:58 - Feb 8 by StoicHoop

Thank god for Lunar, a beacon of sanity, some really shameful comments on here. I know nothing about Philip S but it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that someone coming of age in the 1980s (tombstones crashing down telling you not to die of AIDS) might have felt unable to live an authentic life.

And we wonder why football is about the only industry in the world where no one connected with it dares to reveal they are gay.

I’ve always hoped QPR might have that honour. A diverse, community focused and liberal club - until I read some of this bilge...

What ..being married with 2 beautiful daughters isnt authentic enough?
He's a very fortunate man.
I love how he drops this bombshell on this family but everyone is rallying round him. Poor mr tv man. How on earth did he cope. ?
2+2=5 yet some are assuming his wife probably knew and is over the moon about it.
What about her feelings in all this? Yeh she's putting on a brave face in the media glare and is trying to say and do the right thing as you have to these days but what happened to her authentic life.?
How things have changed. My saturday mornings used to be watching Schofield on saturday mornings on Going Live. Now its discussing his sexualty online with blokes ive never met on a QPR forum...Weird. . lol
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 9:35]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 09:28 - Feb 8 with 1534 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hmm must have been horrid for him having sex with a woman and bashing out kids all these years.

He is not saying he is Bi but full out gay.

I'm just not sure why he deserves sympathy or claims of him being brave, the interview was 99% about him admitting his marriage was a sham, oh he is sorry if he hurt anyone but he is more important.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 09:48 - Feb 8 with 1488 viewsQPR_Jim

Phillip Schofield comes out as gay on 09:28 - Feb 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hmm must have been horrid for him having sex with a woman and bashing out kids all these years.

He is not saying he is Bi but full out gay.

I'm just not sure why he deserves sympathy or claims of him being brave, the interview was 99% about him admitting his marriage was a sham, oh he is sorry if he hurt anyone but he is more important.

It is important that he was truthful about his feelings, or are you saying he should have continued to lie to his wife?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024