Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cup Match Thread 13:29 - Nov 6 with 23588 views442Dale

Team:
Lillis, Rafferty, McGahey, Canavan, Bunney, Lund, Camps, Rathbone, Cannon, Davies, NML

Subs: Logan, Tanser, McNulty, McDermott, RNL, Morley, Gillam
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 13:34]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cup Match Thread on 18:28 - Nov 6 with 2559 views442Dale

Cup Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 6 by richfoad32

Thought it was a stonewall penalty at the time and think no differently after watching the highlights.....Canavan never touches the ball, the striker nicks it away from him just before he's bought down.

As mentioned previously, Canavan's reaction says it all.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Cup Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 2532 viewsrichfoad32

Cup Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 6 by dingdangblue

BBC match reports is claiming 'a deflection' - no chance - watched it a few times now and it flies straight in the bottom corner - great strike! Pisses me off them trying to make out Maidstone were hard done by even more by claiming a deflection that never was.

According to the commentator on the BBC Highlights, 'it went in off the post and ricocheted about four times'...Not sure what he was watching, unless maybe he was a 'Stones fan who'd got stuck into the celebratory booze a bit early.
Cup Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 2529 viewsmingthemerciless

Cup Match Thread on 18:19 - Nov 6 by rochedale

He doesn't, watch it on slo-mo, it's the attackers foot that sends the ball forward, not the tackle.

Still a crazy tackle to make in today's footballing climate. You're giving the referee a chance to make a mistake. The second you realise the strikers in the penalty area you've got to stay on your feet.
Cup Match Thread on 18:35 - Nov 6 with 2498 views1907

Some very funny posts on the Maidstone message board. After everything that's gone on this week I'm happy we've scraped through that game and can move forward. When you consider the injuries, Calvin-gate and the plastic pitch (which is a major factor) I hope we can show these how good of a team we are in the replay and get a hatful
Cup Match Thread on 18:38 - Nov 6 with 2472 viewsrochedale

Cup Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 6 by mingthemerciless

Still a crazy tackle to make in today's footballing climate. You're giving the referee a chance to make a mistake. The second you realise the strikers in the penalty area you've got to stay on your feet.

Yes, terrible. Saying that, if he'd of been 6 inches quicker, it'd have been a great tackle. He wasn't, it wasn't.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Cup Match Thread on 18:50 - Nov 6 with 2374 viewsmoth5368

Cup Match Thread on 16:20 - Nov 6 by Porlicks

I did mess up the moot/mute spelling. In this case the two meanings are not so far apart, but I accept any mockery for that.

As a man of my word: Calvin Andrew leaves the club by January, or I never pay anything towards the club again. It's a simple wager.

How about if he doesn't leave the club by January you promise never to post on here again? & if he does I'll apologise to you.
Cup Match Thread on 19:10 - Nov 6 with 2272 viewsD_Alien

Cup Match Thread on 18:50 - Nov 6 by moth5368

How about if he doesn't leave the club by January you promise never to post on here again? & if he does I'll apologise to you.

Not sure that's fair - I quite enjoy Porlicks posts, they're usually examples of a very different if extreme take on how people view the world

It's useful to have such opinions, even if we absolutely disagree with them

I don't think you'll be needing to apologise!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Nov 6 with 2163 viewsNorthernSou1

I must admit I didn't see the touch the striker gets, having watched it again your absolutely right.

[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 19:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Cup Match Thread on 19:48 - Nov 6 with 2025 viewsColDale

At the game, it looked like the striker had momentarily lost control of the ball and it had run on ahead of him. In doing so, the tackle looked on. Not sure Canavan would have made the challenge otherwise. There were few complaints about the decision.
Cup Match Thread on 20:50 - Nov 6 with 1753 viewsscarrow

Cup Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 6 by Porlicks

10pound private wager that Calvin never plays again for Rochdale again. PM me if you are interested.

You could lose that if Calvin plays v Hartlepool on Wednesday, different rules. Course you know best...

Poll: Final position

Cup Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 6 with 1687 viewsR17ALE

Again from what we heard at the match today.

1. Calvin is mortified at himself.
2. The club will be sticking by him.
3. The younger players are in a state of shock as Calvin has been the player they look up to for advice etc. especially during games.
4. Peter Clarke has written a letter to the authorities in support of Calvin - a character assessment if you like without which, the ban may have been greater.
5. Calvin's reaction was retaliation for an off the ball altercation which the cameras didn't pick up.
6. Club and player are deeply sorry for the incident.
7. His PFA representative is none other than John Bramhall!
8. The Ob will seize on this story and use it on the front page on Weds to slag off the club. (This point is my personal opinion as my opinion of the Ob is low)
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 23:08]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Cup Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 6 with 1655 viewsnordenblue

Cup Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 6 by Porlicks

10pound private wager that Calvin never plays again for Rochdale again. PM me if you are interested.

I'll have a tenner with you too,let me know if you want a pm from me too?
Cup Match Thread on 21:12 - Nov 6 with 1631 viewsfitzochris

Cup Match Thread on 21:09 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

I'll have a tenner with you too,let me know if you want a pm from me too?

In light of R17ALE's post, I imagine Porlicks will have a lot of takers.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 21:15]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Cup Match Thread on 21:14 - Nov 6 with 1616 viewsDaley_Lama

Cup Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 6 by R17ALE

Again from what we heard at the match today.

1. Calvin is mortified at himself.
2. The club will be sticking by him.
3. The younger players are in a state of shock as Calvin has been the player they look up to for advice etc. especially during games.
4. Peter Clarke has written a letter to the authorities in support of Calvin - a character assessment if you like without which, the ban may have been greater.
5. Calvin's reaction was retaliation for an off the ball altercation which the cameras didn't pick up.
6. Club and player are deeply sorry for the incident.
7. His PFA representative is none other than John Bramhall!
8. The Ob will seize on this story and use it on the front page on Weds to slag off the club. (This point is my personal opinion as my opinion of the Ob is low)
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 23:08]

Thanks Razzle for the inside scoop.

1. As one would expect
2. Good to read
3. As one would expect
4. Good luck
5. Brilliant to hear
6. What everybody else thought - cause and effect
7. As one would expect
8. My first ever Dale hero.

Poll: DF in or out

Cup Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 6 with 1531 viewsDaley_Lama

One final thing on this game.

Camp shot went through their wall because a player stood on the end and collapsed it somewhat.

That player?

R N L

Take that, you scapegoaters.

ps. Andy Cannon and Raff knew the best way to celebrate a last gasper too...straight to the fans.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 21:28]

Poll: DF in or out

Cup Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 6 with 1521 viewsDaleaholic

SCENES.

That is all.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Cup Match Thread on 21:28 - Nov 6 with 1503 viewsBigKindo

Cup Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 6 by Daleaholic

SCENES.

That is all.

?????????????????????????????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024