Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? 08:57 - Sep 18 with 18126 viewsNortholt_Rs

I say yes.... I've seen no improvement in the team under these two in fact we're going backwards. The most alarming signs are our all too obvious lack of any goal threat and the awful drossball being served up each and every game. Something has to give...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:02 - Sep 18 with 2047 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 13:56 - Sep 18 by HendonHoop

" Sir " Les did ok but would not get into my all time QPR X1. They both need to go I'm afraid. Big changes now need to be made.

'Les did ok'

Did you sleep through the 90s?

http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/tore/queens-p

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:05]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:04 - Sep 18 with 2044 viewsLongsufferingR

This is rapidly becoming one of my favourite threads.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:05 - Sep 18 with 2043 viewsDorse

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 13:56 - Sep 18 by HendonHoop

" Sir " Les did ok but would not get into my all time QPR X1. They both need to go I'm afraid. Big changes now need to be made.

Sieb Dykstra
George Kulscar
Karl Ready
Dominic Shimmin
Bob Malcolm
Tommy 'Cross It' Williams
Tom Doherty
Georges Santos
Michael Meaker
Tamas Priskin
Marc Nygaard

Managed by Paul Hart

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2029 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:05 - Sep 18 by Dorse

Sieb Dykstra
George Kulscar
Karl Ready
Dominic Shimmin
Bob Malcolm
Tommy 'Cross It' Williams
Tom Doherty
Georges Santos
Michael Meaker
Tamas Priskin
Marc Nygaard

Managed by Paul Hart

Marc Nygaard a harsh choice!
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2030 viewsBoston

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 12:37 - Sep 18 by Jogo

I always got the impression "Sir Leslie" thought he was bigger and better than our pokey little club when he was a player and couldn't wait to jump ship when the opportunity arose. I think some of you look at him through rose tinted spectacles because he scored a few goals for us back in the day. Stan & Rodney are self confessed R's supporters...they may not have started life that way, but now we are their number 1 club....the same can't be said about big time Charlie Leslie.

You're mental, mate.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:09 - Sep 18 with 2021 viewsDorse

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:08 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Marc Nygaard a harsh choice!

He always was...

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 2005 viewsBoston

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 13:43 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

I see Bazza has saved me the effort of trawling through earlier posts to find the answer for anybody that seriously couldn't work it out for themselves.

One thing the interview misses out though. He probably has a sandwich at lunchtime. Not sure of his favourite filling, but he probably developed a taste for it at Tottenham.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 13:51]

You're not suggesting he prefers lily white bread, Shirley?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:18 - Sep 18 with 1993 viewsLongsufferingR

All gone quiet now. The Lezzers seem to have beaten off the Anti-Lezzers.
Login to get fewer ads

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:18 - Sep 18 with 1990 viewsBAWHoops

Some of the 'fans' in here are laughable.

Ferdinand stayed at the club 2 seasons longer than he should. Never agitated for a move, head down and worked his socks off.
The best Number 9 this club has ever had. Easily

Of course todays 'fan' wouldn't have had time for Les. Struggled at first in the team, then loaned out to Turkey before coming back and slowly improving to become a beast of a striker.
Modern day equivalent would be Lukaku, just a fantastic unplayable striker.

That's why I like him here. He knows the club, loves the club. Knows that not every player hits the ground running and some need to be developed. He knows this because it happened to him.

During Tony's spending sprees with Harry and Hughes at the helm we all begged for a 'real QPR man who loves the club' to be on the board dealing with the every day football stuff. We literally have that now. A bonafide QPR legend who cares deeply about the club and truly wants the best for it.

If we had a suit and tie merchant doing the DoF job then everyone would moan it was just a business man with no feel for the place.

As for people saying 'why do a club like QPR need a DoF?' I present 2011 - 2015 as my argument as to why

So what do you want!? Some say Warnock as manager, others say Warnock DoF. Nobody sodding knows. They just want blood because we are in a bad spell at the moment.

For those saying Les is a flop can you explain the following to me

Smithies, Hall, Bidwell, Luongo, Chery, Polter, Ingram.
All signed for pittance, all would command a higher fee if we sold them now.

When the club said fans needed to be patient and that we trying to turn things around did everyone just read that as 'give it a year then you can all have a moan again'? It's going to take 3-4 seasons to be competitive at this level again because our idiot Chairman spunked all that money whilst in the Prem.

Keep calm FFS. Bringing in a 'name' achieves sod all.

Also, just a little note I see not one person has moaned that we didn't bring in Nigel Pearson recently. It's almost like he was flavour of the month until he actually had to do a job somewhere and has been found somewhat wanting

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:22 - Sep 18 with 1978 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:18 - Sep 18 by BAWHoops

Ferdinand stayed at the club 2 seasons longer than he should. Never agitated for a move, head down and worked his socks off.

Of course todays 'fan' wouldn't have had time for Les. Struggled at first in the team, then loaned out to Turkey before coming back and slowly improving to become a beast of a striker.

That's why I like him here. He knows the club, loves the club. Knows that not every player hits the ground running and some need to be developed. He knows this because it happened to him.

During Tony's spending sprees with Harry and Hughes at the helm we all begged for a 'real QPR man who loves the club' to be on the board dealing with the every day football stuff. We literally have that now. A bonafide QPR legend who cares deeply about the club and truly wants the best for it.

If we had a suit and tie merchant doing the DoF job then everyone would moan it was just a business man with no feel for the place.

As for people saying 'why do a club like QPR need a DoF?' I present 2011 - 2015 as my argument as to why

So what do you want!? Some say Warnock as manager, others say Warnock DoF. Nobody sodding knows. They just want blood because we are in a bad spell at the moment.

When the club said fans needed to be patient and that we trying to turn things around did everyone just read that as 'give it a year then you can all have a moan again'? It's going to take 3-4 seasons to be competitive at this level again because our idiot Chairman spunked all that money whilst in the Prem.

Also, just a little note I see not one person has moaned that we didn't bring in Nigel Pearson recently. It's almost like he was flavour of the month until he actually had to do a job somewhere and has been found somewhat wanting

The voice of reason. Well said.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:22 - Sep 18 with 1977 viewsnightwish

Ferdinand is treated with god like status on this site.Tottenham have improved greatly since Ferdinand left them.When Chris Ramsey was appointed caretaker manager we still had a chance of staying in the Premier league,the appointment of Ramsey killed that chance off.The disgusting worst home defeat in the entire history of QPR,Premiership to Championship 16th that what Ferdinand has brought to the club.Maybe the next poll on here should be, should Ferdinand be sacked, to see supporters feelings on the subject
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:24 - Sep 18 with 1974 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:22 - Sep 18 by nightwish

Ferdinand is treated with god like status on this site.Tottenham have improved greatly since Ferdinand left them.When Chris Ramsey was appointed caretaker manager we still had a chance of staying in the Premier league,the appointment of Ramsey killed that chance off.The disgusting worst home defeat in the entire history of QPR,Premiership to Championship 16th that what Ferdinand has brought to the club.Maybe the next poll on here should be, should Ferdinand be sacked, to see supporters feelings on the subject

Unlike you to be against something.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:29 - Sep 18 with 1967 viewsQPR_Jim

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:18 - Sep 18 by BAWHoops

Huddersfield have a DoF and they're fantastic or so I hear.

Any DoF would struggle to rebuild whilst losing revenue (parachute payments) and struggling to shift some of the high earners bought in to give short term success to Redknapp (Sandro, Caulker). Yet apparently he's doing a rubbish job because he's forced to buy from league one and Europe due to the excesses of short term thinking managers who knew they were 3 bad results away from the sack. But a couple of bad results and people want to go back to the system that's lead us here in the first place.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:44 - Sep 18 with 1935 viewsDorse

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:18 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

All gone quiet now. The Lezzers seem to have beaten off the Anti-Lezzers.

Steady on. Think of Holloway's poor heart.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:49 - Sep 18 with 1924 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 13:43 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

I see Bazza has saved me the effort of trawling through earlier posts to find the answer for anybody that seriously couldn't work it out for themselves.

One thing the interview misses out though. He probably has a sandwich at lunchtime. Not sure of his favourite filling, but he probably developed a taste for it at Tottenham.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 13:51]

I think you've fundamentally missed the query I have raised, so I'll break it down for you.

When TF arrived, I have written elsewhere that a DoF for someone who was clearly naive and lacking any sort of football knowledge, would have been wise. In many ways, it probably still is. My query, how has 'SLF got the high paying gig in view of his CV shall we say?

I guess I'd also add, I wonder if there were any other candidates considered?

Asking questions about the DoF role, the post-holder and their performance is not ignorance nor a sigh of treachery, but valid questions. If you know the answers, great - assuage the concerns. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels all QPR's issues cascade from the top down and there is much to support such a view.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:55 - Sep 18 with 1784 viewsrsonist

I've no problem with the job Les is doing. JFH may be struggling but if you think we haven't got rid of a ton of wasters and replaced them with good potential within a responsible budget I don't really know what to say to you.

Senile Warnock slurpers just don't know who to criticise any more. They love the pathetic little thrill of being as obnoxious as possible though.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:56 - Sep 18 with 1776 viewsHendonHoop

I wish I had slept through the 90's, yes.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:59 - Sep 18 with 1766 viewsloftboy

"Tottenham Les" was a Qpr player for 8 years and a spurs player for 6 that makes him "Qpr les" in my book.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:02 - Sep 18 with 1758 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 14:49 - Sep 18 by PlanetHonneywood

I think you've fundamentally missed the query I have raised, so I'll break it down for you.

When TF arrived, I have written elsewhere that a DoF for someone who was clearly naive and lacking any sort of football knowledge, would have been wise. In many ways, it probably still is. My query, how has 'SLF got the high paying gig in view of his CV shall we say?

I guess I'd also add, I wonder if there were any other candidates considered?

Asking questions about the DoF role, the post-holder and their performance is not ignorance nor a sigh of treachery, but valid questions. If you know the answers, great - assuage the concerns. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels all QPR's issues cascade from the top down and there is much to support such a view.

I shared your concerns about Les' qualifications but he's been in the job a year and a half now and you seem to be ignoring the work he's done in that time. Save the "issues cascade from the top down" flannel and be specific.

Mike Rigg had all the bells and whistles you're after by the way.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:02 - Sep 18 with 1758 viewsbosh67

Les has got a lot of things right, as has Hoos. The problem for Les is that he has put his faith in managers that have little experience, if any, at this level, and it starting to show.

JFH could go on to be a fantastic manager. He could win the Premiership. But... he is a million miles off that now and when you have a younger, hungrier group it is hard to make them into a team when you don't know what 11 are the best to start with.

Les should, if he is as good as we all think he is, take JFH to one side and say, get your team unified, stick with a line up, play 2 up front because that is how we play. Make us more attacking, make us entertaining. We won't win all the games but we may win half of them. Get us to that, we're good.

Personally, and having spoken to Burton fans, I am not sure JFH has it in him to play the QPR way. But Les needs to gently be saying to JFH that no one is above the chop if they can't get it right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:04 - Sep 18 with 1751 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:02 - Sep 18 by bosh67

Les has got a lot of things right, as has Hoos. The problem for Les is that he has put his faith in managers that have little experience, if any, at this level, and it starting to show.

JFH could go on to be a fantastic manager. He could win the Premiership. But... he is a million miles off that now and when you have a younger, hungrier group it is hard to make them into a team when you don't know what 11 are the best to start with.

Les should, if he is as good as we all think he is, take JFH to one side and say, get your team unified, stick with a line up, play 2 up front because that is how we play. Make us more attacking, make us entertaining. We won't win all the games but we may win half of them. Get us to that, we're good.

Personally, and having spoken to Burton fans, I am not sure JFH has it in him to play the QPR way. But Les needs to gently be saying to JFH that no one is above the chop if they can't get it right.

Agree - but if Les is any good at his job (and I think he is) we will not hear a whisper about it.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 1748 viewsrsonist

Aside from "play 2 up front because that is how we play", which is folkloric nonsense.

Formations are neutral. 4-2-3-1 can be as attacking or as defensive as you make it. Plenty of successful sides in world football have their own take on it.

If you want to say "4-4-2 might be an easier route to take given what we have" then fine.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 15:11]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:10 - Sep 18 with 1741 viewsPunteR

We needed a DoF with Fernandes in charge. Look at the way our club was going before we had a DoF. We basically had agents running the show with dodgy managers. We spent way more than we should on players that just came for the money and nothing else.
We needed someone who knew the club inside and out, its history,its fans ,what it means to put on the blue and white hooped shirt , to take hold of the situation that had developed over the last few years and basically stop the rot.
Les Ferdinand is inexperienced as a DoF, this is his first job after all but he has all the right qualifications (including those mentioned above) to do it.
PlanetHonneywood's observation about how someone with no experience as a DoF managed to get the job was valid at the time of appointment but Imo Sir Les has actually done a good job so far.
The first thing Ferdinand did when he got the job was stopping Redknapp spending more money. I could see where he was coming from when appointing Ramsey full time as head coach(not manager). In my opinion the club needed a bit of breathing space between the high profile manager/players era and a new era of developing our own young players and spending within our means and I thought Ramsey was perfect at the time to bridge that gap. I would have given him longer but the remit changed( Fernandes)from consolidation to a promotion push. Plus I think pressure from fans and also players still at the club meant Ramsey had an impossible job. None of that was Ferdinands fault. The appointment of Warnock to help Ramsey didn't help either Ramsey or Ferdinand's cause and just muddied the water.
Questions were asked how Ramsey managed to get the job in the first place and this opinion of 'jobs for the boys' developed. But isn't that how it mostly works in football anyway?. You bring in people you know and trust. But fact is the appointment of JFH disproves that opinion because the club went through a lengthy interview process (as fans wanted) and chose a new, young manager that had success so far. A former player that seemed to want to develop his career in the right way by going through the leagues and gaining experience that way. Someone that had new ideas,a philosophy of hard work and professionalism.
Where did Ferdinand go wrong? He's done everything the fans wanted pretty much. He's tried to juggle the expectations of the chairmen and the fans. He's helped get the club back to where we all wanted it to be bar the performance on the pitch(not his job). The new badge,the kit, high earners gone,brought in good young players on decent wages who want to play here.
Yes he has got things wrong(letting Hill and Faurlin go) but I do think he has the best interest of the club at heart. We cant keep tearing up plans and going back to the drawing board everytime we lose a football match. This club is finding its feet again and while we have the Malaysian owners we need someone that can bring a bit of perspective here.
We are a mid table championship club with high aspirations. Nothing more, nothing less.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:13 - Sep 18 with 1732 viewsdavman

A sad, sad thread. Les' remit has clearly been operate the club as cheaply as possible, so he has had to take a lot of gambles. As articulated elsewhere on this site, we are competing in a market where Dwight Gayle goes for £11m, Ross McCormick £12m and a few others for silly money.

What the fck else can he do with no money?

So, I'm guessing all the anti-Les brigade want us to break the bank again with no regard for the future of our club. Face it, this is going to be ANOTHER long hard slog and if we keep changing the manager, the pain is just going to become greater.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:14 - Sep 18 with 1724 viewsbosh67

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 15:10 - Sep 18 by PunteR

We needed a DoF with Fernandes in charge. Look at the way our club was going before we had a DoF. We basically had agents running the show with dodgy managers. We spent way more than we should on players that just came for the money and nothing else.
We needed someone who knew the club inside and out, its history,its fans ,what it means to put on the blue and white hooped shirt , to take hold of the situation that had developed over the last few years and basically stop the rot.
Les Ferdinand is inexperienced as a DoF, this is his first job after all but he has all the right qualifications (including those mentioned above) to do it.
PlanetHonneywood's observation about how someone with no experience as a DoF managed to get the job was valid at the time of appointment but Imo Sir Les has actually done a good job so far.
The first thing Ferdinand did when he got the job was stopping Redknapp spending more money. I could see where he was coming from when appointing Ramsey full time as head coach(not manager). In my opinion the club needed a bit of breathing space between the high profile manager/players era and a new era of developing our own young players and spending within our means and I thought Ramsey was perfect at the time to bridge that gap. I would have given him longer but the remit changed( Fernandes)from consolidation to a promotion push. Plus I think pressure from fans and also players still at the club meant Ramsey had an impossible job. None of that was Ferdinands fault. The appointment of Warnock to help Ramsey didn't help either Ramsey or Ferdinand's cause and just muddied the water.
Questions were asked how Ramsey managed to get the job in the first place and this opinion of 'jobs for the boys' developed. But isn't that how it mostly works in football anyway?. You bring in people you know and trust. But fact is the appointment of JFH disproves that opinion because the club went through a lengthy interview process (as fans wanted) and chose a new, young manager that had success so far. A former player that seemed to want to develop his career in the right way by going through the leagues and gaining experience that way. Someone that had new ideas,a philosophy of hard work and professionalism.
Where did Ferdinand go wrong? He's done everything the fans wanted pretty much. He's tried to juggle the expectations of the chairmen and the fans. He's helped get the club back to where we all wanted it to be bar the performance on the pitch(not his job). The new badge,the kit, high earners gone,brought in good young players on decent wages who want to play here.
Yes he has got things wrong(letting Hill and Faurlin go) but I do think he has the best interest of the club at heart. We cant keep tearing up plans and going back to the drawing board everytime we lose a football match. This club is finding its feet again and while we have the Malaysian owners we need someone that can bring a bit of perspective here.
We are a mid table championship club with high aspirations. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good post, well written, but not sure we are a mid table side at the moment. Or going anywhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024