Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Capacity 10:52 - Aug 16 with 15985 viewsbudegan

Rob Phillips phone in on Saturday, a very enthusiastic Swans fan getting into a slightly heated one with Leighton about our potential. Said fan reckoned that if we had the capacity we could command an average gate of 35k, Leighton reckoned 30k.

However with only a few days to go there are still tickets available for our first home game of the season, so am I completely missing something or are they both bonkers?
Potential Capacity on 10:13 - Aug 20 with 1003 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potential Capacity on 18:52 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Levian and Kaplan just on the news, intending to have talks with the Council on a way forward, to extending

That's great news and I hope they are true to their word. Also I hope we don't let the red herring of transport issues get in the way. Transport can be sorted both short and long term.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potential Capacity on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 993 viewsMattG

Potential Capacity on 16:34 - Aug 19 by raynor94

Yeah, and they are all singles, mates and families are not going to go if they can't sit together, talking relegation before the first home game

I asked this earlier but should we put allocation of seats back in the hands of the ticket office rather than allowing purchasers to choose themselves?

Much easier to keep blocks of seats available that way which might reduce the (albeit fairly small) number of empty seats.
Potential Capacity on 10:42 - Aug 20 with 958 viewsSwaneeRiver

Potential Capacity on 17:20 - Aug 19 by Wingstandwood

15 mins ago I became a bit of an anorak and decided to go onto the official site and did my own little count. There were 179 available seats left before Friday night/Saturday morning (home and off from work) online and stadium visit purchase activity......Singles dotted everywhere!.... So there will basically I assume excluding returns?....Be?.... Not much chance (if any at all) of a walk-up crowd purchasing more than a few singles.

I think that is great stuff but rather unfortunate that the bread n' butter significance of a walk-up crowd (thousands?) is now excluded.

There will be a few no shows - e.g. I'm going but my boy is elsewhere today.
As you say official 180 seats empty, plus the odd no show, is not a bad attendance
Potential Capacity on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 937 viewsMoscowJack

Potential Capacity on 10:42 - Aug 20 by SwaneeRiver

There will be a few no shows - e.g. I'm going but my boy is elsewhere today.
As you say official 180 seats empty, plus the odd no show, is not a bad attendance

Plus the fact that when you try to buy many of those 180 tickets it turns out they're sold. It's frustrating as it took me about 20 clicks to find one that was really available a few weeks ago.

If we had the buzz of a new stand, another season in the PL and the opportunity for families/friends to sit together, we might get another 4k-5k of season ticket holders. As many have said before, people want to be together and have given up on that now.

Getting people out of the pubs and into the stadium will happen for big games only or if the price is right. Having another 10k on the gate give the club the chance to do specials for kids (bringing in the new generation) and casual family groups.

I would go for 30k with a view to 35k if we're still stable in the top league in 3-5 years time.

Saying that, the income generated by an additional 9k fans is still absolutely tiny compared to the Sky TV revenue, but it all adds up, I suppose! The Americans keep mentioning making the match-day experience better (that really isn't difficult, I suppose) which I presume means getting more people into the stadium to spend their money earlier.

I presumed their grand plan isn't to add 100s of vending machines ;)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Potential Capacity on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 936 viewsLoyal

Potential Capacity on 17:20 - Aug 19 by Wingstandwood

15 mins ago I became a bit of an anorak and decided to go onto the official site and did my own little count. There were 179 available seats left before Friday night/Saturday morning (home and off from work) online and stadium visit purchase activity......Singles dotted everywhere!.... So there will basically I assume excluding returns?....Be?.... Not much chance (if any at all) of a walk-up crowd purchasing more than a few singles.

I think that is great stuff but rather unfortunate that the bread n' butter significance of a walk-up crowd (thousands?) is now excluded.

Nowadays you pick up ( phone )
Tap up ( Internet)
Then walk up 👍⚽️

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potential Capacity on 11:38 - Aug 20 with 907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 11:13 - Aug 20 by MoscowJack

Plus the fact that when you try to buy many of those 180 tickets it turns out they're sold. It's frustrating as it took me about 20 clicks to find one that was really available a few weeks ago.

If we had the buzz of a new stand, another season in the PL and the opportunity for families/friends to sit together, we might get another 4k-5k of season ticket holders. As many have said before, people want to be together and have given up on that now.

Getting people out of the pubs and into the stadium will happen for big games only or if the price is right. Having another 10k on the gate give the club the chance to do specials for kids (bringing in the new generation) and casual family groups.

I would go for 30k with a view to 35k if we're still stable in the top league in 3-5 years time.

Saying that, the income generated by an additional 9k fans is still absolutely tiny compared to the Sky TV revenue, but it all adds up, I suppose! The Americans keep mentioning making the match-day experience better (that really isn't difficult, I suppose) which I presume means getting more people into the stadium to spend their money earlier.

I presumed their grand plan isn't to add 100s of vending machines ;)

You're right about the lack of impact the extra attendances will have on our PL finances but if we got relegated there are some big clubs in the Championship and alongside the parachute money that will allow us to be ultra competitive.

It could be that on Championship we could allow more away fans if we needed to etc etc. 35 K would be amazing though and Levien said in the interview he wanted to make the Liberty a louder place. I hope it's a good game today that bring our the best in our fans and the noise levels go up to the max! I think they may be in for a shock

As for improving the match day experience , how about banning Calling and getting two nice continental lagers in to replace the dross and get some nicer food too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potential Capacity on 12:28 - Aug 20 with 876 viewsMoscowJack

Potential Capacity on 11:38 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

You're right about the lack of impact the extra attendances will have on our PL finances but if we got relegated there are some big clubs in the Championship and alongside the parachute money that will allow us to be ultra competitive.

It could be that on Championship we could allow more away fans if we needed to etc etc. 35 K would be amazing though and Levien said in the interview he wanted to make the Liberty a louder place. I hope it's a good game today that bring our the best in our fans and the noise levels go up to the max! I think they may be in for a shock

As for improving the match day experience , how about banning Calling and getting two nice continental lagers in to replace the dross and get some nicer food too.

Extra revenue will help in the Championship but we'll only get approx 16k gates if we get relegated.

The additional 14k would be for kids (for a quid) and special deals so it's not going to generate a lot (if any) more money, is it? Don't forget that we'll be servicing a loan at the same time, so we would probably be losing money if we go down.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Potential Capacity on 12:47 - Aug 20 with 861 viewswestside

Potential Capacity on 14:54 - Aug 19 by tomdickharry

Tickets on sale for tomorrows game,get relegated and there will be row after row of empty seats.

There's about 60 tickets left and hull returned half their allocation and the students ain't back yet
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Capacity on 12:52 - Aug 20 with 854 viewsdameedna

Potential Capacity on 12:28 - Aug 20 by MoscowJack

Extra revenue will help in the Championship but we'll only get approx 16k gates if we get relegated.

The additional 14k would be for kids (for a quid) and special deals so it's not going to generate a lot (if any) more money, is it? Don't forget that we'll be servicing a loan at the same time, so we would probably be losing money if we go down.

I agree the catering is shite. Sad really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024