Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Capacity 10:52 - Aug 16 with 15895 viewsbudegan

Rob Phillips phone in on Saturday, a very enthusiastic Swans fan getting into a slightly heated one with Leighton about our potential. Said fan reckoned that if we had the capacity we could command an average gate of 35k, Leighton reckoned 30k.

However with only a few days to go there are still tickets available for our first home game of the season, so am I completely missing something or are they both bonkers?
Potential Capacity on 13:08 - Aug 16 with 1758 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potential Capacity on 12:15 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

It's been warranted since we first came up but because very little has been done apathy has set in over ticker availability. You're selling two but how often can you get two tickets together? That in itself isn't going to enthuse a dad with a young son or daughter to come if they have to sit apart. Same with mates who want to go together.

The other thing that I left out of my post was transport. Cardiff held all the aces there and if they had been run properly they could have filled a 40K stadium . Train links from all of they valleys are superb and if they had a set up which had been nurtured like ours they could have been a big club.

But that's past history for them, a missed opportunity.

It's imperative to sort out better transport to and from the Liberty from Swansea West and town itself, on Saturday's and Sunday's especially. The need for dialogue with the bus company to put on extra services into town after matches to ensure people can get to trains and onward bus connections more easily is a must.

A dedicated Valleys bus service for ST holders at an extra cost levied on the ST? And for fans that don't levy it on the match day ticket price?? Same for Swansea based fans at park and rides etc. A key fob for transport on top of the ST price maybe, paid for at the same time as the ST??

With expansion soon going as high as 32K there could be a call for a park and ride somewhere in Jersey Marine and a return of the one on the rec would be very welcome. These things need to be in negotiation NOW for the planning permission to be granted anyway.

We've let the grass grow under our feet for far too long but better late than never . Let's not let these supporters trickle through our fingers . And once their in let's keep it that way!

Good post Brynnie. Transport is one of my big issues. Yesterday I came back from Blackpool via Manchester Piccadilly on Arriva Trains. The whole shooting match turns into a metro from Cardiff westwards stopping at every tiny station. It is necessary as there are only two lines running West of Cardiff hence a main service has to double up. This must affect the number of services we can run to and from Swansea as there will be an Arriva train blocking up the system on a regular basis. Electrification will not sort this out as there will still only be two lines. This is just one example. Road wise The Port Talbot flyover and the Jersey Marine entrance into Swansea are bigger problems than the Brynglas tunnels. Nothing will be done however. We then can look at the rest of Wales and our links to the West, North West and North where they are almost non existent.
Build and be dammed I say. At least we can then highlight the lack of investment in Swansea and shame those in power to do something about it. After all I went to Emerites last season and thieir after match transport is complete crap but they built a brand spanking new stadium nonetheless.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 13:27]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potential Capacity on 13:15 - Aug 16 with 1727 viewsSlugster664

Potential Capacity on 12:54 - Aug 16 by Wingstandwood

IMO its a case of having an increase of a few thousand by building an extra tier on the East Stand. I would say full capacity of 26,000 - 28,000 and take it from there if more seating is ever required.
I am one that always knew (and posted) that the club had great potential to fill The Liberty Stadium week in week out and predicted so despite being rubbished by some. The 'some' whom said we would only fill The Liberty Stadium for two or three games a season at Premier League level.........How wrong they were!..... Its sold out every game!

Anyone care to remember the doom and gloomers whom said we should never have left The Vetch? Remember them saying it should have been 'redeveloped' to hold 12,000. There again there are some with a 'Jonah-Complex' whom hate progression and entirely rational positive(s).

Whilst I agree expanding to 26-28k would be great, and probably the maximum our club should go to, could you imagine trying to get to the stadium, into the stadium, out of the stadium, then finally away from the stadium? It would be hell. The area can't cope with busy shopping days, let alone 6k more football fans

STID

Potential Capacity on 13:15 - Aug 16 with 1727 viewsClinton

Hate to say this, but I agree eith Leighton. We would do 30k if available.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Potential Capacity on 15:30 - Aug 16 with 1636 viewsAnotherJohn

It is very hard to predict demand, but my hunch is that a capacity over 30K would be a game changer. We are the only EPL team in Wales and the West, and I could see people from the West Country making the trip to see the bigger teams and then getting hooked. At the moment the chance of getting tickets is so remote - apart from re games like Hull - that they don't even bother to look. A situation where people could be pretty much sure of getting three or four seats together would give a big boost to our fanbase.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 15:31]
Potential Capacity on 16:14 - Aug 16 with 1597 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potential Capacity on 15:30 - Aug 16 by AnotherJohn

It is very hard to predict demand, but my hunch is that a capacity over 30K would be a game changer. We are the only EPL team in Wales and the West, and I could see people from the West Country making the trip to see the bigger teams and then getting hooked. At the moment the chance of getting tickets is so remote - apart from re games like Hull - that they don't even bother to look. A situation where people could be pretty much sure of getting three or four seats together would give a big boost to our fanbase.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 15:31]

Shame that the ilfracombe service never got off the ground. Southern Ireland has potential as well. Shame about the Cork Ferry also. It folded at just the wrong time. I can remember a lot of Irish coming over when we played Celtic at the Liberty.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potential Capacity on 16:15 - Aug 16 with 1595 viewsjasper_T

I think at 30k we'd end up with the stadium looking half empty more often than not (so 5-10k actually empty seats).
Potential Capacity on 16:28 - Aug 16 with 1572 viewsjackjackjackjack

If you look at clubs who had similar attendances to us in the championship, circa-15,000, none of them have suddenly left up to 30,000 once they're in the premier. Crystal Palace average 24,000, and that's with the local derbies. Similar with West Brom. No need to go more than 25,000.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 16:31]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Potential Capacity on 16:30 - Aug 16 with 1568 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potential Capacity on 16:15 - Aug 16 by jasper_T

I think at 30k we'd end up with the stadium looking half empty more often than not (so 5-10k actually empty seats).

Can't see that. It will always be at least two thirds ful even if our sh!tty transport systems fails to catch up. We also need to support more walk up crowds. We have 5 years of apathy here in this area. A family of more than two know they have little chance of tickets let alone sitting together. I never get the idea that grounds should operate at full capacity all of the time. There always has to be room to attract more punters. If we had a 30 k stadium I would hope we would be looking at further expansion long before we are back to square one with it selling out every week.

Login to get fewer ads

Potential Capacity on 16:40 - Aug 16 with 1556 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 16:30 - Aug 16 by Private_Partz

Can't see that. It will always be at least two thirds ful even if our sh!tty transport systems fails to catch up. We also need to support more walk up crowds. We have 5 years of apathy here in this area. A family of more than two know they have little chance of tickets let alone sitting together. I never get the idea that grounds should operate at full capacity all of the time. There always has to be room to attract more punters. If we had a 30 k stadium I would hope we would be looking at further expansion long before we are back to square one with it selling out every week.

We'd alays be over two thirds full unless Jasper actuallly thinks putting more seats in would have the effect of putting the 20,000 plus that go evey game now off. Whay a bizarre post, though mst of the stuff i read off him is negative so no surprise there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potential Capacity on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 1534 viewsjackforever

Potential Capacity on 16:40 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

We'd alays be over two thirds full unless Jasper actuallly thinks putting more seats in would have the effect of putting the 20,000 plus that go evey game now off. Whay a bizarre post, though mst of the stuff i read off him is negative so no surprise there.

Ahh the views of a former welsh football international who decided that instead of watching Wales V N Ireland in a rather massive game watched Gorseinon cricket instead.
Expansions great but unfortunately not at the expense of strengthening the team. The fact that there were still hull tickets left speaks volumes imo.
Potential Capacity on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 1534 viewsGlyn1

Someone mentioned that Barcelona's gate for average games is 75%-80% of their capacity.

If it's good enough for Barca then it's good enough for us - expand the stadium in stages to 35,000 and be happy with average gates of about 26,000.

I can't think of any industry where operating at 100% is supposed to be a sign of efficiency.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potential Capacity on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 1525 viewshobo

Potential Capacity on 13:15 - Aug 16 by Slugster664

Whilst I agree expanding to 26-28k would be great, and probably the maximum our club should go to, could you imagine trying to get to the stadium, into the stadium, out of the stadium, then finally away from the stadium? It would be hell. The area can't cope with busy shopping days, let alone 6k more football fans

So how do we manage to cope by holding massive concerts there?
Potential Capacity on 17:42 - Aug 16 with 1513 viewsjasper_T

Potential Capacity on 16:40 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

It's not a bizarre post if you actually read it.

I said "looking half-empty" with between 5k and 10k seats not filled.
Potential Capacity on 17:43 - Aug 16 with 1512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 17:28 - Aug 16 by Glyn1

Someone mentioned that Barcelona's gate for average games is 75%-80% of their capacity.

If it's good enough for Barca then it's good enough for us - expand the stadium in stages to 35,000 and be happy with average gates of about 26,000.

I can't think of any industry where operating at 100% is supposed to be a sign of efficiency.

A very good point. With a few thousand walk up tickets available there's every chance it would fill for most games. I really can't understand the negativity on here for expansion, fair play to the Cardiff fans who had ambition, they tried running before they could walk be we have five years PL history and a major trophy behind us. It's a must now

Potential Capacity on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 1502 viewsjasper_T

Potential Capacity on 17:43 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

A very good point. With a few thousand walk up tickets available there's every chance it would fill for most games. I really can't understand the negativity on here for expansion, fair play to the Cardiff fans who had ambition, they tried running before they could walk be we have five years PL history and a major trophy behind us. It's a must now

I think it's more negative to think that expansion is vital and the club will suffer if it doesn't pour money into another 5-10 thousand seats.

The next generation of fans are well capable of forging a relationship with their local club on tv and on the internet. It's not like when most on here were kids. You don't need to go to the ground to watch every game, and the money the club gets when you do is a tiny fraction of its revenue.
Potential Capacity on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 1374 viewsMurph75

Improving transport links to the stadium would help. Failing that build a new stadium in a more suitable location. (blue sky I know)

I frigging hate getting back and forth to the place.
Potential Capacity on 17:51 - Aug 16 with 1372 viewsplasjack

They had a grant from EUFA for the upper stand because of the Super Cup fixture .
Potential Capacity on 18:00 - Aug 16 with 1358 viewsdeanscfc

Stadium should be around 32-33k. We would average around 26-30k for most games but it would be good to have a bit more room for big matches.
Potential Capacity on 18:08 - Aug 16 with 1340 viewsWingstandwood

I seriously believe there are some fans? Desperate to get into a time machine so that they can witness 2,500 - 3,500 crowds along with kick and rush, hoofball, aimless pass and kick skill(s) etc. Sadly for some progression, joyous experience(s), success and positive happenings on and off pitch are offensive and a downer.

Argus!

Potential Capacity on 18:14 - Aug 16 with 1331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potential Capacity on 17:42 - Aug 16 by jasper_T

It's not a bizarre post if you actually read it.

I said "looking half-empty" with between 5k and 10k seats not filled.

Well it won't look half empty if there are 5,001 seats unoccupied out of a possible 28K let alone 32K.

I did read it. It just made no f*cking sense mate.

Besides have you that little faith in us actually pulling in bigger crowds? Being an established premier league club for 5 years and continually turning away people?

Potential Capacity on 18:19 - Aug 16 with 1326 viewspencoedjack

Potential Capacity on 18:14 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Well it won't look half empty if there are 5,001 seats unoccupied out of a possible 28K let alone 32K.

Besides have you that little faith in us actually pulling in bigger crowds? Being an established premier league club for 5 years and continually turning away people?

I don't think you will ever see Jasper posting anything positive fella .

The most glass half empty poster ever to grace this forum.
Potential Capacity on 18:19 - Aug 16 with 1326 viewslonglostjack

Potential Capacity on 12:15 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

It's been warranted since we first came up but because very little has been done apathy has set in over ticker availability. You're selling two but how often can you get two tickets together? That in itself isn't going to enthuse a dad with a young son or daughter to come if they have to sit apart. Same with mates who want to go together.

The other thing that I left out of my post was transport. Cardiff held all the aces there and if they had been run properly they could have filled a 40K stadium . Train links from all of they valleys are superb and if they had a set up which had been nurtured like ours they could have been a big club.

But that's past history for them, a missed opportunity.

It's imperative to sort out better transport to and from the Liberty from Swansea West and town itself, on Saturday's and Sunday's especially. The need for dialogue with the bus company to put on extra services into town after matches to ensure people can get to trains and onward bus connections more easily is a must.

A dedicated Valleys bus service for ST holders at an extra cost levied on the ST? And for fans that don't levy it on the match day ticket price?? Same for Swansea based fans at park and rides etc. A key fob for transport on top of the ST price maybe, paid for at the same time as the ST??

With expansion soon going as high as 32K there could be a call for a park and ride somewhere in Jersey Marine and a return of the one on the rec would be very welcome. These things need to be in negotiation NOW for the planning permission to be granted anyway.

We've let the grass grow under our feet for far too long but better late than never . Let's not let these supporters trickle through our fingers . And once their in let's keep it that way!

Bang on. If they have any doubts as to how such a scheme could work they only need to ask Bundesliga clubs.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Potential Capacity on 18:26 - Aug 16 with 1310 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we had a capacity of 30,000 we would be offering 24,000 season tickets. Would we sell them all?

My guess is yes we would. I believe there are plenty of people out there who don't think about buying tickets because they've failed to get them in the past and going to watch the Swans is not something they do. The fact that tickets are available for the Hull game isn't even on their radar. They would love the chance to get a season ticket though.

That would leave around 3,500 or more match day tickets to sell depending on away support and I doubt we'd see an attendance below 27,000 all season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potential Capacity on 18:27 - Aug 16 with 1310 viewsjasper_T

Potential Capacity on 18:14 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't care if we can or not. It's a pointless risk.

It's easy to get regular tickets as it is.
Potential Capacity on 18:31 - Aug 16 with 1292 viewsOldjack

Potential Capacity on 11:08 - Aug 16 by Gowerjack

Absolute bottom line hardcore support - c12k

Premier League hardcore support - c20k

Support when playing a "big team" - c25k

The real issue is the generation of fans we are loosing due to the lack of capacity.

Extend to 25k and leave be.

Oh and while I'm at it no we don't need to buy the stadium that's a myth.

Support when playing a "big team" - 30k + the rest is about right

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024