Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win 17:14 - Feb 27 with 11633 views442Dale

Possibly the best three points of the season. No coincidence that getting defenders who can defend back in the side has seen an upturn in results, it's giving us a chance in games rather than the opposition. Still, Josh Lillis kept us in it. Keeping him at the club shouldn't even be a question worth asking, when he's confident he's a good keeper at this level.

Holt v the away end was ace.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great win on 19:25 - Feb 27 with 3242 viewsWhiteyBFC

Great win on 18:45 - Feb 27 by robbowood

Hilly's 'Rope-a-dope' tactics in the first half worked to perfection and putting on PV and Holt for the second half was a masterstroke

Josh Lillis was superb to put it mildly

We were also fortunate when McNulty's "back header", from one of their corners, hit the post in the first half and came out instead of going in

Canavan and Eastham have made our defence much more solid - a clean sheet in two matches running for the first time since last October

Your first paragraph is bang on. I wasn't at the game but when I saw those two announced as on the pitch, on twitter, I knew what Keith was doing.

He's a good manager. Especially if given the tools.
Great win on 19:26 - Feb 27 with 3241 viewsrobbowood

Great win on 17:16 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

Holt full stop was ace! Turned the game after Lillis kept us in it. Start on Tuesday for Holty?

He isn't match fit to play 90 minutes so to bring him on at half-time or later would make sense
Great win on 19:34 - Feb 27 with 3193 viewsrobbowood

Great win on 17:45 - Feb 27 by richfoad32

Brilliant result. Opens up the gap between ourselves and the bottom four, hopefully we can start looking up to end the season rather than over our shoulders. A result at Shrewsbury on Tuesday should all but banish any relegation fears (touch wood).

Happy that Lillis had a good game and also for Peter V. who hasn't had the greatest season. Would start with Holty on Tuesday, hopefully he's got a good 60-70 minutes in him and then bring on Alessandra

Not that it matters at this point in the season, main aim is for us to stay in this division, but we are remarkably one point ahead of Bury FC - it seems only days ago they were a good few points ahead of us. Funny old game

Lets take nothing for granted until we have at least 52 points. Crewe and Colchester seem doomed baring a miracle - but who the other two teams to go down is hard to say
Great win on 19:44 - Feb 27 with 3136 viewsD_Dale

Great win on 19:34 - Feb 27 by robbowood

Not that it matters at this point in the season, main aim is for us to stay in this division, but we are remarkably one point ahead of Bury FC - it seems only days ago they were a good few points ahead of us. Funny old game

Lets take nothing for granted until we have at least 52 points. Crewe and Colchester seem doomed baring a miracle - but who the other two teams to go down is hard to say

And wasn't some bury poster crowing about their higher attendances? 4210 at Spotland today, a few days ago for the Blades' visit there were 3081 at the Giggle.
Great win on 21:54 - Feb 27 with 2909 viewsRespectTheChemistry

What a glorious afternoon at Spotland today. Battered first half, game should have been over but Josh had a blinder. Hilly brings Holty and Vincenti on at half-time, Vincenti bends ball beautifully around fully-stretched keeper for first, Holty leans back and smashes in the second, does his chicken dance and winds up Yorkshire muppets who are reduced to trying to nick our pitch covers.

It'll still be giving me a warm feeling on Monday.

So many big club scalps under Hill. I think the big away followings actually help us by generating atmosphere and making it feel as much an away game as a home one.
Great win on 22:42 - Feb 27 with 2780 viewsR17ALE

Great win on 19:44 - Feb 27 by D_Dale

And wasn't some bury poster crowing about their higher attendances? 4210 at Spotland today, a few days ago for the Blades' visit there were 3081 at the Giggle.

Not sure, but bury fans always crow. They are bred to crow. Crow about anything and everything. Born to crow.

They will crow about being on FL Highlights programme before fail. They crow about crowd stats, willy sizes, meaningless history, singing sections. You name it, they crow.

But, I don't give one about their crowing (silent tonight). Today is a day to celebrate The Holt. If he was a bit quicker I'd call him Usain!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Great win on 23:38 - Feb 27 with 2665 viewsrochedale

Great win on 19:03 - Feb 27 by scooby

I think Lillis is too arrogant to be number 2, takes after his dad in that way!!

To me, i think he's already decided he is off, and all are now accepting that. This (plus the defender change) is why he is settling.

But again, ignoring all that absolutely no complaints on Lillis today, amazing performance.

Biggest load of rubbish I have read on this board, ever.

Nicest guy you would ever meet and not an ounce of arrogance in him.

The guy loves the Dale and everything about the football club.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Great win on 00:44 - Feb 28 with 2577 viewsHopwoodblue

Brilliant today but I have to say Holt has to start for me, not to do do 90 mins but I'm a big
Believer in playing your best eleven first and trying to win the game, we could have easily been
Two or three down at half time and the subs would have been meaningless.
Win the game first and then take Holty off after 60 or 70 mins. Today him and Vincenti won
The game but they may never have got the chance but for Lillis, we've got Holty for a limited time
Only so give him the chance to win the game from the start when everything's equal then take him off.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Login to get fewer ads

Great win on 00:48 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsLegingefromage

Jamie Allen deserves a mention. Absolutely controlled the midfield.l, played so well and think he'd been a long t of an unsung hero.
Great win on 00:56 - Feb 28 with 2557 viewsdingdangblue

Great reporting from the BBC site.

"Dale broke the deadlock when Holt flicked on to fellow substitute Peter Vincenti, who curled past Lilis".

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Great win on 03:37 - Feb 28 with 2501 viewsTalkingSutty

Great win on 00:48 - Feb 28 by Legingefromage

Jamie Allen deserves a mention. Absolutely controlled the midfield.l, played so well and think he'd been a long t of an unsung hero.

Good shout.Allen had a very good game and showed bravery on the ball at a time when others treated it like a hot potato. He's got a good career ahead of him if he stays grounded,probably at Championship level. Lillis deserved the plaudits but Allen was runner up in the MOM stakes.
Great win on 07:24 - Feb 28 with 2448 viewsNigeriamark

Great win on 00:44 - Feb 28 by Hopwoodblue

Brilliant today but I have to say Holt has to start for me, not to do do 90 mins but I'm a big
Believer in playing your best eleven first and trying to win the game, we could have easily been
Two or three down at half time and the subs would have been meaningless.
Win the game first and then take Holty off after 60 or 70 mins. Today him and Vincenti won
The game but they may never have got the chance but for Lillis, we've got Holty for a limited time
Only so give him the chance to win the game from the start when everything's equal then take him off.

Spot on

Should be able to get up to 60 or 70 minutes of fitness, Subs rarely get on before half time so 30-45 minute appearances could waste valuable game time

Wasn't at the game but did he still look to still have energy after 45 mins?

Oldham is my next game and looking forward to it twice as much now he is back
Great win on 08:24 - Feb 28 with 2367 viewsTalkingSutty

Great win on 07:24 - Feb 28 by Nigeriamark

Spot on

Should be able to get up to 60 or 70 minutes of fitness, Subs rarely get on before half time so 30-45 minute appearances could waste valuable game time

Wasn't at the game but did he still look to still have energy after 45 mins?

Oldham is my next game and looking forward to it twice as much now he is back

I don't fancy him starting games because I want him to last the full season and think he has more of a chance of picking up a injury if starting ( don't know why). I think he will be more effective against a tiring defence also.

To answer your question, he still looked to have plenty left in the tank at the full time whistle.
Great win on 10:14 - Feb 28 with 2190 viewsDaley_Lama

15 mins v Bradford
30 mins v Fleetwood
45 mins v Sheff Utd

I think Hilly knows what he is doing, as per usual.

Poll: DF in or out

Great win on 10:22 - Feb 28 with 2172 viewsNigeriamark

Great win on 10:14 - Feb 28 by Daley_Lama

15 mins v Bradford
30 mins v Fleetwood
45 mins v Sheff Utd

I think Hilly knows what he is doing, as per usual.

Will be interesting on Tuesday

Will KH stick with 45 minute appearances, or will he continue the sequence and go for at leat 60 mins ( which I would assume would mean starting the game rather than subbing someone after 30 minutes)

I think a Holt Hendo partnership could potentially be a "dream ticket"t. One player battering the centre half, holding up play etc, with the other running hard and fast at defences. As well as the attacking threat, it helps take pressure of our defence

Fingers crossed that this is the start of something good that could be carried into a deal next season.
Great win on 10:28 - Feb 28 with 2118 viewsDaley_Lama

With Joey B bsnging them in, it's a nice headache.

Poll: DF in or out

Great win on 10:46 - Feb 28 with 2076 viewsColDale

For me, yesterday was the reason Holty came home.

After two and a half miserable seasons at Wigan, yesterday was the sort of Saturday that he remembered. Fans cheering his name, phone going mad with notifications on the way home, spending Saturday night with a big smile on his face and generally feeling like he's top of the world. He could have got more money elsewhere but thankfully you can't put a price on enjoying your football.
Great win on 11:04 - Feb 28 with 2031 viewsBartRowou

We should definitely start with Holy versus Bury. It looks like they're very slow starters and usually ship three in the first 20 minutes away from home.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Great win on 11:21 - Feb 28 with 1989 views442Dale

Going off his tweets, it looks like Holt's family is still in Norfolk (Could be wrong). It's quite a commitment that he's come here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great win on 11:35 - Feb 28 with 1945 viewsTalkingSutty

Great win on 11:04 - Feb 28 by BartRowou

We should definitely start with Holy versus Bury. It looks like they're very slow starters and usually ship three in the first 20 minutes away from home.

Holy Bury, that should put a few on the crowd.
Great win on 11:42 - Feb 28 with 1932 viewsD_Alien

There's no question, once Holt's fitness allows he'll be starting. He said that's what he's looking to do in the audioboom interview and the last thing Hilly will want to do is deny him that chance.

In terms of the future, he's also looking to be playing a lot more football. If that could be with us it'd be an unbelievable boost to the club - but first things first. As Col says, just getting him enjoying his football, and take it from there.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great win on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 1893 viewsTVOS1907

Great win on 11:35 - Feb 28 by TalkingSutty

Holy Bury, that should put a few on the crowd.

Anyone who has played for Notts Forest is classed as Holy as far as Bart is concerned.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Great win on 12:05 - Feb 28 with 1876 viewsD_Dale

In spite of the huge number of comments on the game, as of five minutes ago nobody had filled in the player ratings ...
Great win on 12:18 - Feb 28 with 1857 viewsColDale

Great win on 12:05 - Feb 28 by D_Dale

In spite of the huge number of comments on the game, as of five minutes ago nobody had filled in the player ratings ...

Click on display ratings, and you'll see them
Great win on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 1752 viewsD_Dale

Great win on 12:18 - Feb 28 by ColDale

Click on display ratings, and you'll see them

Right - that's more like what I expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024