Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The silence is deafening from the board. 20:47 - Jan 5 with 7318 viewsrWp

The fact is they simply haven't got a clue what to do.

If they really thought Curtis was the man for the job we would have heard something by now. The truth is they have no options on the manager front and are hoping that we can limp to the summer where they appear to be ludicrously thinking that the likes of Rodgers or De Boer are suddenly going to take the job.

I find it staggering that a board who have had tremendous success on a tight budget making excellent decisions on previous managers can suddenly look so hopelessly out of their depth.

I have heard from fans, the evening post and Wales online saying Curtis would be appointed but still nothing because they don't know what to do. All this rubbish about not rushing the manger appointment that's nonsense again because it's been 5 weeks!!!!!!!!
How many teams have taken 5 weeks to either appoint a new manager or confirm the caretaker until the end of the season?

This board are not being fair to Alan Curtis, the fans or the players with this pathetic, shambolic situation they have put the club in.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 20:58 - Jan 5 with 3847 viewsPrivate_Partz

With each day that passes I feel more and more like you. I still hold out hope however they will get it right and the holiday break has held things up somewhat.
The problem is we are not the attraction we were. We do not have a good record of keeping managers, Huw us being perceived as a controlling chairman and tries to do everything on the cheap as opposed to being prudent.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:07 - Jan 5 with 3771 viewsTim_Harry

We simply don't know what is going on behind the scenes. There could be contractual issues or all sorts of other things delaying it.

Probably best to just give Huw and the board the benefit of the doubt before letting off a massive hissy fit like you did just there.

Calm down mun!
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:08 - Jan 5 with 3759 viewsvetchonian

Well it hasn't been 5 weeks Garry was sacked on Dec 9 ,in the intervening weeks we have had a holiday season . At the moment everyone is speculating , reading between the lines in what Curt says in press interviews,all the ITKS on here whose uncles aunties cousin best mate works in the canteen told them x,y,z are coming . I would hope that Huw is keeping Curt appraised of the situation .......as Curt himself said in one interview "it is important we find the RIGHT man". This next appointment is key and probably the most difficult one this board has had to make plus as I have already stated in another thread in a totally different environment and financial situation since this board began this journey.
It's not ideal but there was such an outcry from people on here to Sack Garry and now that's done of you look at the results and performances since there has been an improvement there is no guarantee that a new incoming manager would have done any better in the same time frame . The interim team in place has good coaching credentials in terms of qualifications and experience between Dave Adams and Curt. Coaching is about teaching and getting things across good managers have not had to have been top players what they need is a good football brain and the ability to I still the tactics etc into the layers for the moment we do seem to be doing this though we lack the ability to score goals.Lets be patient and get behinds the team ,as long as we don't suddenly start capitulating on the pitch let's support the board to get it right and stop all this crap

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 3706 viewsrWp

Improvements? 1 win in 5 and 3 goals scored. That's the same sort of form as under Monk. This rubbish about improvements. Yes we are defending a bit better but cor blimey we are still awful going forward.
It's not a hissy fit I am a loyal fan I just want the board to hurry up and sort this mess out.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 3696 viewsdobjack2

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:08 - Jan 5 by vetchonian

Well it hasn't been 5 weeks Garry was sacked on Dec 9 ,in the intervening weeks we have had a holiday season . At the moment everyone is speculating , reading between the lines in what Curt says in press interviews,all the ITKS on here whose uncles aunties cousin best mate works in the canteen told them x,y,z are coming . I would hope that Huw is keeping Curt appraised of the situation .......as Curt himself said in one interview "it is important we find the RIGHT man". This next appointment is key and probably the most difficult one this board has had to make plus as I have already stated in another thread in a totally different environment and financial situation since this board began this journey.
It's not ideal but there was such an outcry from people on here to Sack Garry and now that's done of you look at the results and performances since there has been an improvement there is no guarantee that a new incoming manager would have done any better in the same time frame . The interim team in place has good coaching credentials in terms of qualifications and experience between Dave Adams and Curt. Coaching is about teaching and getting things across good managers have not had to have been top players what they need is a good football brain and the ability to I still the tactics etc into the layers for the moment we do seem to be doing this though we lack the ability to score goals.Lets be patient and get behinds the team ,as long as we don't suddenly start capitulating on the pitch let's support the board to get it right and stop all this crap

Normally when a manager is sacked it doesn't take long to get a replacement in. Probably because the replacement had already been tapped up.

I think that people are surprised that we didn't have someone waiting to step in.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:16 - Jan 5 with 3678 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't buy the holiday season thing. This is football not an accountancy office. A manager keen to have the job would take a call on Christmas day. We played on Boxing day. These guys don't switch their phones off when a job is in the offing.

If they've decided on Curt then fine but at least announce it to those that own 21% of the club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:17 - Jan 5 with 3667 viewsIAN05

The silence is deafening from the board. on 20:58 - Jan 5 by Private_Partz

With each day that passes I feel more and more like you. I still hold out hope however they will get it right and the holiday break has held things up somewhat.
The problem is we are not the attraction we were. We do not have a good record of keeping managers, Huw us being perceived as a controlling chairman and tries to do everything on the cheap as opposed to being prudent.

I don't believe for one minute that there is no interest out there. We are very limited in our choice though. There are only so many managers who play good football and can manage on tight budgets available for free at the moment.

The list of good managers either available or willing to move elsewhere in summer is quite significant. Not a defence by the way, we would have known this when sacking Monk.

The lack of leadership at moment is my biggest concern. Directors know that the club is being criticised heavily by media, ex pros and many supporters alike and have shown no communication on this topic whatsoever.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:19 - Jan 5 with 3642 viewsblaine_scfc

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:14 - Jan 5 by dobjack2

Normally when a manager is sacked it doesn't take long to get a replacement in. Probably because the replacement had already been tapped up.

I think that people are surprised that we didn't have someone waiting to step in.

Not having anyone shows what a pathetic job the current coaching team were doing. They've left hell of a mess and it looks as if Curt is being left to pick up the pieces.

I just hope that if we do go down, not one fan puts the blame on Curt, he deserves better than that.
Login to get fewer ads

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:23 - Jan 5 with 3605 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:13 - Jan 5 by rWp

Improvements? 1 win in 5 and 3 goals scored. That's the same sort of form as under Monk. This rubbish about improvements. Yes we are defending a bit better but cor blimey we are still awful going forward.
It's not a hissy fit I am a loyal fan I just want the board to hurry up and sort this mess out.

5 points from 5 games ,2 of which were away to "top" sides and which we were unlucky to come from without something ......flakey deflection giving Man C the win ......I wish we would shoot more outside the box maybe we would get some luck and could have sneaked a draw towards the end at Man. U. The point at Palace good too as they have been riding high
We have some key games at home coming up we need to get behind the team lets get the atmosphere back at the Libertty ......and have some patience . It does make me laugh though even when we were winning under Monk people moaned about the loss of style even though this brought us our best ever PL points finish now all we do is talk about the results even though we are getting a bit of our style back. Only on planet swans

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:26 - Jan 5 with 3572 viewstomdickharry

Whoever the board appoint as Manager how does anybody know if he's the right man,as an example Curt was "persona non grata" under Monk yet is now flavour of the day,same board/same chairman/same fans.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:28 - Jan 5 with 3560 viewsbonymine

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:16 - Jan 5 by Joe_bradshaw

I don't buy the holiday season thing. This is football not an accountancy office. A manager keen to have the job would take a call on Christmas day. We played on Boxing day. These guys don't switch their phones off when a job is in the offing.

If they've decided on Curt then fine but at least announce it to those that own 21% of the club.

Agree 100%.

We are in danger here of dragging this out (if we haven't already) to the point where we become something of a laughing stock.

Curt has done a good job so far but he has made it clear he doesn't want the job long term and the longer the playing squad go without a full time coach at the helm then the greater the probability of relegation I'm afraid....

MM better off in his house in Spain tbh at the moment too many distractions for Huw & the rest of the board to appoint anyone .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:28 - Jan 5 with 3555 viewsbudegan

I think it's disgusting too.

It's bang out of order that the board seem to be planning on dealing with this matter not completely front and central to the media spotlight.

Although they have a proven track record in making canny signings, but that was mere luck - there is NO WAY they know what they are doing.

How dare they keep me waiting for an undetermined period whilst Curt proves to be a capable caretaker and gets us back on track?

Why do I have to put up with things improving under a caretaker when we could pluck someone completely inappropriate from the managerial merry go round?

It's just not fair, not fair, not fair.

ARGHHHHH!

Let's protest at the next match or organise a hunger strike or refuse to go back to school or something.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:28 - Jan 5 with 3546 viewsIAN05

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:23 - Jan 5 by vetchonian

5 points from 5 games ,2 of which were away to "top" sides and which we were unlucky to come from without something ......flakey deflection giving Man C the win ......I wish we would shoot more outside the box maybe we would get some luck and could have sneaked a draw towards the end at Man. U. The point at Palace good too as they have been riding high
We have some key games at home coming up we need to get behind the team lets get the atmosphere back at the Libertty ......and have some patience . It does make me laugh though even when we were winning under Monk people moaned about the loss of style even though this brought us our best ever PL points finish now all we do is talk about the results even though we are getting a bit of our style back. Only on planet swans

We have definitely improved. Ironically our win came in probably our worst performance. These 5 games are not screaming out to tell us that Curt should take over though.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 3514 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:26 - Jan 5 by tomdickharry

Whoever the board appoint as Manager how does anybody know if he's the right man,as an example Curt was "persona non grata" under Monk yet is now flavour of the day,same board/same chairman/same fans.

The fans decide just as they have with Curt many on here were Mickey taking about him being the tea boy now everybody is worried about him being the scapegoat. So a question to all the posters on this thread wh would ,you appoint if you're were the board /Huw given all those managers we all believe are available
And why?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 21:47]

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 3444 viewsAngelRangelQS

We all want to see a nice shiny new manager come in but the fact is the appointment has to be right otherwise we start a downwards spiral we may struggle to recover from.

A good return this month on the pitch and we can breathe a bit easier and it would be preferable to appoint someone great in the summer.

A bad month and we are getting in someone simply to keep us up but perhaps not build on it next season. Would that be the right appointment at this moment in time? I don't think so
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:41 - Jan 5 with 3416 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:28 - Jan 5 by IAN05

We have definitely improved. Ironically our win came in probably our worst performance. These 5 games are not screaming out to tell us that Curt should take over though.

Who has definitely said Curt is taking over? Press speculation,planet swans posters second guessing . I am not advocating he takes over I was just making the point we have what appears to be capable interim team to manage the situation until the right man is found.
I think the board were scaught put at having to sack Garry and therefore had no plan b I reckon they ( Huw anyway) saw him as our Wenger/Fergie until it went pear shaped . They are at fault as I think when he was appointed full time the boar d should have insisted on him having a more experienced no2 but that is what happens when fans who fancy themselves as managers get to be in charge.

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:46 - Jan 5 with 3377 viewsphact0rri

Its like the board doesn't know there's a press conference today!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:49 - Jan 5 with 3349 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:32 - Jan 5 by vetchonian

The fans decide just as they have with Curt many on here were Mickey taking about him being the tea boy now everybody is worried about him being the scapegoat. So a question to all the posters on this thread wh would ,you appoint if you're were the board /Huw given all those managers we all believe are available
And why?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 21:47]

The silence is deafening on here to my question ........see how it's so easy to appoint a a Manager!

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:53 - Jan 5 with 3321 viewsIAN05

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:41 - Jan 5 by vetchonian

Who has definitely said Curt is taking over? Press speculation,planet swans posters second guessing . I am not advocating he takes over I was just making the point we have what appears to be capable interim team to manage the situation until the right man is found.
I think the board were scaught put at having to sack Garry and therefore had no plan b I reckon they ( Huw anyway) saw him as our Wenger/Fergie until it went pear shaped . They are at fault as I think when he was appointed full time the boar d should have insisted on him having a more experienced no2 but that is what happens when fans who fancy themselves as managers get to be in charge.

No-one in fairness but it appears to be happening. I'm not convinced the management team is capable of seeing us through for half a season - particularly with a vital transfer window as well. We definitely look better, but we are in a perilous position.

If we can't get anyone decent then it will have to be Curt, but we should never have been allowed to get in to this position of entering January with no manager, reduced coaching team, poor striking and wing options and possibly needing to sell two disruptive players.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:56 - Jan 5 with 3281 viewsStarsky

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:13 - Jan 5 by rWp

It is a hissy fit.
As someone said earlier, calm down.

It's just the internet, init.

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:56 - Jan 5 with 3281 viewsBorojack

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:53 - Jan 5 by IAN05

No-one in fairness but it appears to be happening. I'm not convinced the management team is capable of seeing us through for half a season - particularly with a vital transfer window as well. We definitely look better, but we are in a perilous position.

If we can't get anyone decent then it will have to be Curt, but we should never have been allowed to get in to this position of entering January with no manager, reduced coaching team, poor striking and wing options and possibly needing to sell two disruptive players.

Apart from that its going pretty well

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:57 - Jan 5 with 3270 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:49 - Jan 5 by vetchonian

The silence is deafening on here to my question ........see how it's so easy to appoint a a Manager!

If we were being paid very handsome salaries and receiving large dividends I'm sure plenty of us would come up with names. It would be our job to do so.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 22:00 - Jan 5 with 3239 viewsIAN05

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:56 - Jan 5 by Borojack

Apart from that its going pretty well

Ha.......like a dream
The silence is deafening from the board. on 22:00 - Jan 5 with 3231 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:53 - Jan 5 by IAN05

I don't disagree with any of that as I said the damage was done at the start of last season.....though the "Swansea way" began to be eroded long before that.
But just because there are no announcements doesn't mean things are not going on in the background. If it is to be Curt until the summer I believe the board would announce this .
But again some guys on here quote going after such persons as De Boer who is not available until the summer then post drivel about no appointment now makes you smile bles em

The silence is deafening from the board. on 22:05 - Jan 5 with 3184 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:57 - Jan 5 by Joe_bradshaw

If we were being paid very handsome salaries and receiving large dividends I'm sure plenty of us would come up with names. It would be our job to do so.

But still happy to post an opinion without any sensible suggestions . Have you ever been involved with recruiting anyone?
In the past we were an attractive proposition not so now and also we can't make a "plucky appointment this time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024