Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The silence is deafening from the board. 20:47 - Jan 5 with 7319 viewsrWp

The fact is they simply haven't got a clue what to do.

If they really thought Curtis was the man for the job we would have heard something by now. The truth is they have no options on the manager front and are hoping that we can limp to the summer where they appear to be ludicrously thinking that the likes of Rodgers or De Boer are suddenly going to take the job.

I find it staggering that a board who have had tremendous success on a tight budget making excellent decisions on previous managers can suddenly look so hopelessly out of their depth.

I have heard from fans, the evening post and Wales online saying Curtis would be appointed but still nothing because they don't know what to do. All this rubbish about not rushing the manger appointment that's nonsense again because it's been 5 weeks!!!!!!!!
How many teams have taken 5 weeks to either appoint a new manager or confirm the caretaker until the end of the season?

This board are not being fair to Alan Curtis, the fans or the players with this pathetic, shambolic situation they have put the club in.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 07:20 - Jan 6 with 2084 viewsJethroJack

Drama Queens 😜
The silence is deafening from the board. on 07:35 - Jan 6 with 2048 viewsQuakerJack

The silence is deafening from the board. on 21:19 - Jan 5 by blaine_scfc

Not having anyone shows what a pathetic job the current coaching team were doing. They've left hell of a mess and it looks as if Curt is being left to pick up the pieces.

I just hope that if we do go down, not one fan puts the blame on Curt, he deserves better than that.

I for one will put 100% of the blame on the board.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:37 - Jan 6 with 1895 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Perhaps the board have been side tracked by basking in the limelight of A Jack To A King, selling the club and in Huw's case getting an OBE.
10 years to go from a Jack to a King and 6 Months to go from a King to a debt ridden, relegation fighting, managerless mess.
Welcome to the new "Swansea Way", perhaps a new film is in order.

Now that is what you call a "Hissy Fit"!
The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:39 - Jan 6 with 1890 viewsperchrockjack

Or simply a case of being rumbled.

We are here to be proven wrong HUW so just do it.

All the positive ,supportive l,ll be there next season whatever, bollux aint gonna help.

Its time for Huw to come clean

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:41 - Jan 6 with 1881 viewsJackanapes

The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:39 - Jan 6 by perchrockjack

Or simply a case of being rumbled.

We are here to be proven wrong HUW so just do it.

All the positive ,supportive l,ll be there next season whatever, bollux aint gonna help.

Its time for Huw to come clean

By there, you mean 'nowhere near the liberty' presumably?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:45 - Jan 6 with 1872 viewsperchrockjack

Assuming anything is dangerous

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The silence is deafening from the board. on 12:01 - Jan 6 with 1833 viewstomdickharry

The silence is deafening from the board. on 11:45 - Jan 6 by perchrockjack

Assuming anything is dangerous

Correct,lets hope we haven't assumed that the cash we have spent on Landore and Fairwood will produce a return.Don't see them as a legacy but an element of the red flags of overtrading.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 12:13 - Jan 6 with 1811 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The silence is deafening from the board. on 12:01 - Jan 6 by tomdickharry

Correct,lets hope we haven't assumed that the cash we have spent on Landore and Fairwood will produce a return.Don't see them as a legacy but an element of the red flags of overtrading.

Overtrading or over ambition considering our financial situation?
Login to get fewer ads

The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:12 - Jan 6 with 1734 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 12:13 - Jan 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Overtrading or over ambition considering our financial situation?

What a fickle load of fans we are. PIty help us if we had the same situation as our Eastern cousins at LEGOLAND! And short memories ,how quickly our board have gone from heroes rescuing us from Tony Petty to being criticised for misrunning the business.
I am not saying the board does not have to shoulder some responsibility as the buck stops with them BUT lets be realistic if we were midtable with Garry still in place most of the issues re our finances wouldn't be being discussed. The board made decisions at the start of the business year (season start) based on the previous years results and part of a 5 year plan? as would any business .Unfortunately the conditions changed , they never expected to lose Garry through dismissal ...in fact they believed he would go the same way as Roberto and Brendan providing an income stream hence the contract extension...which has backfired and now is a strain on our finances hence restricting our recruitment of the "right" manager plus some of the "best" candidates are not available until the summer.
In the mean while we are not relegated....yes we are flirting with the zone but are 2 points clear with 19 out of the 40 points deemed as the finish line for safety. We need 21 points from 18 games which works out at 1.17 points per game...our average =1 pt per game for the last 5 games. We have 9 games at home several of which are against teams also in or around the drop zone starting with the visit od Sunderland next Wednesday if we can win 50% of those home games an pick up some draws I believe we can stay up. Based on our recent performances I think this is more than possible but to listen to most on here we are already in the championship, and the board are clueless. Yes we are all frustrated at the lack of an announcement but the board do need some time and it has only been a month to work this out. SO lets shut up and be vocal at the Liberty and get behind the team . If in another month from now there is no improvement then we need to panic and worry and criticise....this isn't a game of football manager this is real life and a volatile business environment.
Funny though when I asked regarding who some posters would be appointing as manager no suggestions came . Ill be naughty what happens to plastic when the heat is on?.......it melts away!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 13:14]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:35 - Jan 6 with 1690 viewsbudegan

The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:12 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

What a fickle load of fans we are. PIty help us if we had the same situation as our Eastern cousins at LEGOLAND! And short memories ,how quickly our board have gone from heroes rescuing us from Tony Petty to being criticised for misrunning the business.
I am not saying the board does not have to shoulder some responsibility as the buck stops with them BUT lets be realistic if we were midtable with Garry still in place most of the issues re our finances wouldn't be being discussed. The board made decisions at the start of the business year (season start) based on the previous years results and part of a 5 year plan? as would any business .Unfortunately the conditions changed , they never expected to lose Garry through dismissal ...in fact they believed he would go the same way as Roberto and Brendan providing an income stream hence the contract extension...which has backfired and now is a strain on our finances hence restricting our recruitment of the "right" manager plus some of the "best" candidates are not available until the summer.
In the mean while we are not relegated....yes we are flirting with the zone but are 2 points clear with 19 out of the 40 points deemed as the finish line for safety. We need 21 points from 18 games which works out at 1.17 points per game...our average =1 pt per game for the last 5 games. We have 9 games at home several of which are against teams also in or around the drop zone starting with the visit od Sunderland next Wednesday if we can win 50% of those home games an pick up some draws I believe we can stay up. Based on our recent performances I think this is more than possible but to listen to most on here we are already in the championship, and the board are clueless. Yes we are all frustrated at the lack of an announcement but the board do need some time and it has only been a month to work this out. SO lets shut up and be vocal at the Liberty and get behind the team . If in another month from now there is no improvement then we need to panic and worry and criticise....this isn't a game of football manager this is real life and a volatile business environment.
Funny though when I asked regarding who some posters would be appointing as manager no suggestions came . Ill be naughty what happens to plastic when the heat is on?.......it melts away!

Bloody superb post
The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:44 - Jan 6 with 1648 viewsswan65split

Pointless panicking in a Months time, transfer window will be shut ! we need movement booth off and on the pitch!
The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:49 - Jan 6 with 1627 viewsdobjack2

we are not scoring enough goals and until that changes we will draw or lose games we should have won/drawn. There is clearly little faith in our 2 central strikers, and that includes the coaches based on team selection. Therefore fans are hoping for a first choice rather than a back up striker.

The lack of goals and a lack of a manager are serious concerns to fans and I would expect them to raise those concerns on a fans forum. As to who should be appointed as manager I would be surprised if many on here were qualified to make that decision so I leave that to those who are paid to do so.

People will get behind the team and Curt at the Liberty.

You are entitled to your views as is everybody else. If you don't like what people are posting perhaps you should consider putting them on ignore rather than suggesting that criticism should cease.

Have a nice day.
The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:53 - Jan 6 with 1608 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:44 - Jan 6 by swan65split

Pointless panicking in a Months time, transfer window will be shut ! we need movement booth off and on the pitch!

The panic I talk about is for us fans. The transfer window has only been open for 5 days and so far only 2 other PL clubs (Leicester and Everton) have brought players in. My point is this if at the end of this month we have 1. No additions to our strike force 2.No announcement re our managerial situation ( be it either Curt till end of season or a "name") then we can have cause to criticise in the mean while lets give the board some support. By the way I think there are some issues with our board and the reward structure they have and the how the fan part of their brain thinks in making certain decisions but also believe they are currently working on a solution in circumstances which are new to them!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 14:54]

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 1582 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 13:49 - Jan 6 by dobjack2

we are not scoring enough goals and until that changes we will draw or lose games we should have won/drawn. There is clearly little faith in our 2 central strikers, and that includes the coaches based on team selection. Therefore fans are hoping for a first choice rather than a back up striker.

The lack of goals and a lack of a manager are serious concerns to fans and I would expect them to raise those concerns on a fans forum. As to who should be appointed as manager I would be surprised if many on here were qualified to make that decision so I leave that to those who are paid to do so.

People will get behind the team and Curt at the Liberty.

You are entitled to your views as is everybody else. If you don't like what people are posting perhaps you should consider putting them on ignore rather than suggesting that criticism should cease.

Have a nice day.

I have to agree with everything you say in that post. My point about peoples criticism is based more on the "emotional" type of rant without really looking at the facts the problem is we now live in a world where so much "information" is available and the internet makes rumour mongering rampant that it clouds perspectives. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect it too

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 1555 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The lack of an announcement that Curt is going to be in place until the end of the season suggests to me that we may still have one or two irons in the fire.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:19 - Jan 6 with 1453 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:01 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

I have to agree with everything you say in that post. My point about peoples criticism is based more on the "emotional" type of rant without really looking at the facts the problem is we now live in a world where so much "information" is available and the internet makes rumour mongering rampant that it clouds perspectives. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect it too

so much "information"
except from the club, hence the "rumour mongering rampant".
The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:26 - Jan 6 with 1430 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:19 - Jan 6 by A_Fans_Dad

so much "information"
except from the club, hence the "rumour mongering rampant".

See the sensible post from joe. above
The lack of announcement is probably due to nothing being finalised. Huw made a "statement" on the situation in his matchday programme notes Boxing Day.
We may have a candidate but there may be eyes to dot and tees to cross. As I have said earlier we have had a holiday season in the middle of all this and whilst football is unlike any other business ,solicitors/lawyers and government offices ( if visas/work permits are required) will have been unavailable.
As I have said the time for "panic" and outcry is an another month if nothing has changed......and I bet if things have and an announcement made it still wont be right in certain fans eyes!

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:52 - Jan 6 with 1383 viewsStarsky

Well said mate!

It's just the internet, init.

The silence is deafening from the board. on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 1281 viewsdobjack2

The silence is deafening from the board. on 14:01 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

Cheers understand where you are coming from
The silence is deafening from the board. on 16:04 - Jan 6 with 1267 viewsdailew

The title should be "The scweaming from the over-entitled drama queens on here is deafening".

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 16:12 - Jan 6 with 1239 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 16:04 - Jan 6 by dailew

The title should be "The scweaming from the over-entitled drama queens on here is deafening".

can I take my ear plugs out now?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 16:40 - Jan 6 with 1187 viewsporthcawljax

Not having anyone shows what a pathetic job the current coaching team were doing. They've left hell of a mess and it looks as if Curt is being left to pick up the pieces.

I just hope that if we do go down, not one fan puts the blame on Curt, he deserves better than that.

Agreed. Curt doesn't even want the job but is being "forced" by this total mess of sacking with no replacement in mind. Surely it would have been much better to have appointed a new manger last month so he we would have a say in what players he wants in the window.
What good players would like to join a struggling club with no manager? We will soon find out!

Poll: Who would you pick for Swansea's goal stopper?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 17:00 - Jan 6 with 1147 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 16:40 - Jan 6 by porthcawljax

Agreed. Curt doesn't even want the job but is being "forced" by this total mess of sacking with no replacement in mind. Surely it would have been much better to have appointed a new manger last month so he we would have a say in what players he wants in the window.
What good players would like to join a struggling club with no manager? We will soon find out!

I don't think Curt minds the role of interim manager he probably wouldn't have run to Huw and said gimmie gimmie! but Is a club man through and through and so is "happy" to help.
The whole mess was caused when Garry was appointed full time as he should have had a better backroom staff probably a "mature" no2. The board had no back up as they didn't believe they needed one (maybe even saw Pep as it until the Brentford scenario) and I think Huw thought he could talk his mate Garry into changing the backroom ala Brendan at LPOOL at the end of last season, they also as a board wanted Garry to succeed so gave him some time in fairness to turn it round. He wasn't sacked until 4 weeks ago today in fact so it would have been hard to appoint a new manager!
As has been stated by Curt and the press the targets for this window have been in our DOF s mind for a while so I don't think a new manager would have had much say!
But you are right about would players want to join us at the moment? But then we would never be in the big league and probably are looking at giving players an in to the PL as with Bony and Gomis and Ayew sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt

The silence is deafening from the board. on 17:04 - Jan 6 with 1132 viewsDavillin

It's way too early to place either credit or blame on Curt. April or May, earliest.

And I agree that, whatever the outcome, Curt deserves our thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The silence is deafening from the board. on 17:19 - Jan 6 with 1110 viewsvetchonian

The silence is deafening from the board. on 17:04 - Jan 6 by Davillin

It's way too early to place either credit or blame on Curt. April or May, earliest.

And I agree that, whatever the outcome, Curt deserves our thanks.

Spot on

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024