Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do people at the club actually care anymore? 11:26 - Aug 24 with 5897 viewsDarran

You know the ones,the ones that don't need a car park pass,don't need to go through the turnstiles or go to the Riverside for a half time pint.

Discuss.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 1489 viewsskippyjack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:31 - Aug 24 by fbreath

This sort of thing happens in business small company grows big and looses what made it what it was.

Because if you want to be big.. you've got to be a ruthless, careless, money pinching, paranoid, arrogant, lying, devious, clever, manipulative money motivated tosser.. you become a cold heartless b*stard.. who can only conform, discuss and communicate with people who are at their 'level'... they tend to have multiple personality traits... they judge because they can't help it.. it's what keeps them alive.. they're nothing without money and power.. they're normal otherwise.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 1473 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:51 - Aug 24 by Private_Partz

Not sure about that one Mill. Depends on the size if the business. As football Director I would hope he was concentrating on getting players in rather than scrutinising how our ticketing policy is working. He is handsomely paid but there are others also being paid well that need to deal with this.

Well he seemed amazed that the ticket office were not allowing the upgrade of an OAP to an adult unless you paid full price.
Who sets the pricing rules then?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:54 - Aug 24 with 1465 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:53 - Aug 24 by Darran

Well he seemed amazed that the ticket office were not allowing the upgrade of an OAP to an adult unless you paid full price.

I would guess he had an involvement with the pricing but was not directly involved with the mechanics of it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:31 - Aug 24 with 1424 viewsBrynmill_Jack

All fans are equal. But some are more equal than others!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 1422 views3swan

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:53 - Aug 24 by Darran

Thought they could upgrade now

"UPGRADING TICKETS:
For all full-price season packages the upgrade fee from a concession to a full-price ticket will be £17.50 on Category B fixtures and £22.50 on Category A fixtures. The number of upgrades will be unlimited.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-exchange-scheme-1847006.aspx
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 1399 viewsUplandsJack

I think it's a lot like our politicians...
In that I'd like to think that most politicians enter politics to "do good" for their constituents and communities they represent. However as they become successful and more powerful, sadly they also become more self important and look to feather their own nests. Sometimes at a cost to the people they were there to represent.
This is exactly how I see our board...plain and simple!
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:41 - Aug 24 with 1399 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:33 - Aug 24 by 3swan

Thought they could upgrade now

"UPGRADING TICKETS:
For all full-price season packages the upgrade fee from a concession to a full-price ticket will be £17.50 on Category B fixtures and £22.50 on Category A fixtures. The number of upgrades will be unlimited.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-exchange-scheme-1847006.aspx

Yeah I know that.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:43 - Aug 24 with 1390 viewsScoobyWho

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:32 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

I don't think they do.....I really do, they don't give a flying f*ck

The club has made them all millionaires on paper, of course they care !
Just not about all the things certain folk want them to care about.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:48 - Aug 24 with 1371 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:43 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

The club has made them all millionaires on paper, of course they care !
Just not about all the things certain folk want them to care about.

What like getting in to the ground for kick off after shelling out money?
Nice!

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 1360 views3swan

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:41 - Aug 24 by Darran

Yeah I know that.

"Well he seemed amazed that the ticket office were not allowing the upgrade "

Either I'm reading your post wrongly, or yes he would be amazed as they should have been.
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:57 - Aug 24 with 1328 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 18:50 - Aug 24 by 3swan

"Well he seemed amazed that the ticket office were not allowing the upgrade "

Either I'm reading your post wrongly, or yes he would be amazed as they should have been.

Well it seemed to me that he didn't know anything at all about it.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:04 - Aug 24 with 1306 viewsshandyjack

So we win 2 in 2 leaving nothing to moan about on the pitch, so ppl bit pick on something else just to find something to moan about.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:05 - Aug 24 with 1299 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:04 - Aug 24 by shandyjack

So we win 2 in 2 leaving nothing to moan about on the pitch, so ppl bit pick on something else just to find something to moan about.

I think the ticketing and people not getting in for kick off is a very valid point myself.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:09 - Aug 24 with 1285 viewsshandyjack

So a handful of people out of 20,000 had some issues getting into ground(why not get there earlier) and it's because the board don't care

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:10 - Aug 24 with 1280 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:09 - Aug 24 by shandyjack

So a handful of people out of 20,000 had some issues getting into ground(why not get there earlier) and it's because the board don't care

Two games on the trot Butt,not good enough.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:14 - Aug 24 with 1222 viewsHighjack

I left early to get to the ground yesterday as advised by the club due to the potential ticketing issues, but the traffic around the ground was absolutely crazy because of the new stadium parking by Morrisons and the jam going into the stadium car park because of the new scanners. It took me ages to get into B+Q so I nearly missed the start of the match despite leaving an hour and a half to get there from Neath. Luckily the turnstiles were moving quite smoothly so I got in no problem

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 20:34 - Aug 24 with 1145 viewsFlashberryjack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 19:09 - Aug 24 by shandyjack

Obviously you had no problems getting into the stadium ....otherwise I doubt you would have the same attitude.
My sincere wish is...next home game the scanner refuses to accept your ticket, and you miss part of the game, then discover that flashing advertising boards have been erected directly in front of your seat.
I really would be very interested to know your thoughts then.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 09:11 - Aug 25 with 1009 viewsshandyjack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 20:34 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

Obviously you had no problems getting into the stadium ....otherwise I doubt you would have the same attitude.
My sincere wish is...next home game the scanner refuses to accept your ticket, and you miss part of the game, then discover that flashing advertising boards have been erected directly in front of your seat.
I really would be very interested to know your thoughts then.

Yes but even then it would be the Boards fault would it?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:43 - Aug 25 with 930 viewsSwanseajill

Obviously caring starts again should we drop down the leagues .

This same issue happened almost to the letter when we gained a place in the old first division. This is the premier league in all it's glory....matched will all its faults, and all it's rules and regulations.
It's unfortunate that a family club is far from the truth when dealing in the assets that this league brings.
Season ticket costs, parking, ease of access problems become small potatoes to clubs dealing in millions on a day to day basis.
Sadly, It's football though.
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:49 - Aug 25 with 919 viewsTheArtChappy

No they don't

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 911 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:43 - Aug 25 by Swanseajill

Obviously caring starts again should we drop down the leagues .

This same issue happened almost to the letter when we gained a place in the old first division. This is the premier league in all it's glory....matched will all its faults, and all it's rules and regulations.
It's unfortunate that a family club is far from the truth when dealing in the assets that this league brings.
Season ticket costs, parking, ease of access problems become small potatoes to clubs dealing in millions on a day to day basis.
Sadly, It's football though.

I agree with all that Jill. If we want to be different however we must strive to keep the fans involved and the Trust has a big part to play in this. We want to be 'not just another football club' after all.
I know I have been labelled as one of the more negative posters on here recently but I genuinely believe there is a will within the Board to retain the family club feel . It is no easy balancing act hence I keep on about marketing and communications and having the right people in post to achieve this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 911 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 09:11 - Aug 25 by shandyjack

Funnily enough this sort of thing doesn't happen at the CCS. They are one of the worst run football clubs in the game but stuff to do with their stadium they always seem to get spot on.
That could mean getting an extension done in double quick time or successfully implementing a bar code reader at every gate that works.
Seems that :-
A) They don't just go for the cheapest available technology.
B) They employ the right people to test and install it and don't leave the sending of season tickets out till the days before the first home game before said technology goes into use.
I notice you weren't inconvenienced. Bully for you

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:20 - Aug 25 with 884 viewsFlashberryjack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 09:11 - Aug 25 by shandyjack

Seeing that they run the club .....then yes.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:22 - Aug 25 with 881 viewsSwanseajill

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 10:54 - Aug 25 by Private_Partz

I agree with all that Jill. If we want to be different however we must strive to keep the fans involved and the Trust has a big part to play in this. We want to be 'not just another football club' after all.
I know I have been labelled as one of the more negative posters on here recently but I genuinely believe there is a will within the Board to retain the family club feel . It is no easy balancing act hence I keep on about marketing and communications and having the right people in post to achieve this.

I think there would uproar if the Trust had not addressed the many problems that have been raised since it's formation.
Fans in the long ago past had absolutely ...No say, or indeed any input at all about how the club was run.
We tend to forget how far we've come...not just in legging it up the leagues, but how much input the fans (eventually) have managed to achieve.
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:29 - Aug 25 with 864 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:22 - Aug 25 by Swanseajill

I think there would uproar if the Trust had not addressed the many problems that have been raised since it's formation.
Fans in the long ago past had absolutely ...No say, or indeed any input at all about how the club was run.
We tend to forget how far we've come...not just in legging it up the leagues, but how much input the fans (eventually) have managed to achieve.

Agreed again. Perhaps I should have said ' the Trust will continue to have a big part to play here'. I am a fully paid up member, and I go to the fans forums I will have you know ;-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024