Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronald Koeman 13:08 - Feb 10 with 11068 viewsQuakerJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronald-koeman-agent-co

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ronald Koeman on 13:19 - Feb 10 with 7485 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Smacks of another Laudrup situation tbh. Another world-class ex-player, another of Cryuff's 'dream team', hasn't stayed very long at clubs or been sacked, and seems like a bit of a mercenary. Personally would avoid, but then again, all specualtion and I ain't Huw.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Ronald Koeman on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 7296 viewsFar_Post

Would be in the same bracket as Laudrup in terms of management style I would guess so Huw and the rest of the board would probably have their concerns in offering the job to Koeman.

Monk can offer us much needed stability until the end of the season i would suggest and then a decision can be made on the managers job for the longer term.

Blog: The C Word

Ronald Koeman on 16:20 - Feb 10 with 7118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Still, nice to see professionals of that calibre asking US for an interview. Heady days!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ronald Koeman on 16:23 - Feb 10 with 7105 viewsRogueTrooper

Happy with Garry for now, If we need a Director of football we'll give him a shout

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Ronald Koeman on 16:24 - Feb 10 with 7094 viewsjeza739

Totally agree. Unless things do go totally pear shaped in the next few weeks there is no reason to bring anyone in. It seems obvious GM has the squads support and not withstanding the opposition were poor (but so were Fulham) personally its the best we've played for a long time.
The situation should be reviewed in the close season, there is likely to be a merrygoround after the WC anyway.
But as long as things continue as they have started me personally would love to see GM get the job on permanent basis. He's far more likely to offer us long term stability and continuity and not see us as a stepping stone.
The fact that GM wasn't a top class defender and hence why no top players will sign for us is bollox IMO. If players only signed for world class players as managers ML would have had Messi and Ronaldo on loan not Sheckter and Vazquez (who personally I think are just about the two worst players we've had since our lge1 days).
But basically in most cases players speak to each other and will sign for a successful happy club with management who have a good reputation as opposed to for a name of yesteryear (not withstanding financial issues obv).
Ronald Koeman on 16:27 - Feb 10 with 7072 viewsKennedy

If Monk does get we need a really good European scout network

Just call me JFK

Ronald Koeman on 16:33 - Feb 10 with 7044 viewsjeza739

Yes I agree re scouting network. Though its hardly brilliant now! Hence why we ended up signing two lg1 quality strikers on loan for a season!
Ronald Koeman on 17:42 - Feb 10 with 6905 viewsDaithejack

Ronald Koeman on 16:33 - Feb 10 by jeza739

Yes I agree re scouting network. Though its hardly brilliant now! Hence why we ended up signing two lg1 quality strikers on loan for a season!

This, I'm all for Monks getting the job, It's obvious the players like him and he can motivate the squad, he may also go on to be a great coach for all we know, but if the board do give him the job on a permanent basis they need to get his back room staff sorted, scouting network, fitness team, coaches for the u21's and accadmy etc. To be honest I'd rather the board do this than spend 3 or 4 Million a year on big name managers wages that we keep having to replace every season.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Ronald Koeman on 18:28 - Feb 10 with 6798 viewsQuakerJack

Ronald Koeman on 17:42 - Feb 10 by Daithejack

This, I'm all for Monks getting the job, It's obvious the players like him and he can motivate the squad, he may also go on to be a great coach for all we know, but if the board do give him the job on a permanent basis they need to get his back room staff sorted, scouting network, fitness team, coaches for the u21's and accadmy etc. To be honest I'd rather the board do this than spend 3 or 4 Million a year on big name managers wages that we keep having to replace every season.

Good idea, but would we benefit from a big name director of football like Koeman who have the reputation that could be the difference. We mustn't forget that Laudrup's name persuaded Michu, hernandez and others to come here.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ronald Koeman on 18:55 - Feb 10 with 6701 viewspencoedjack

Ronald Koeman on 18:28 - Feb 10 by QuakerJack

Good idea, but would we benefit from a big name director of football like Koeman who have the reputation that could be the difference. We mustn't forget that Laudrup's name persuaded Michu, hernandez and others to come here.

Agree with this ^

Lets not forget we only beat a sh1t Bassey side .... Feet on the ground gentlemen.
Ronald Koeman on 18:58 - Feb 10 with 6686 viewsRancid

Ronald Koeman on 16:20 - Feb 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Still, nice to see professionals of that calibre asking US for an interview. Heady days!

This....Our stock has never been higher.We'll have Ancelotti begging us for a job before we know it.
Ronald Koeman on 10:04 - Mar 11 with 6373 viewsDevz00

More talk around Koeman. Dutch newspaper claiming mid-table Premier League team have approached him.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/after-swansea-talks-claimed-koeman-off

Edit - not sure how reliable any of this is but worth mentioning.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 10:05]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Ronald Koeman on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 6214 viewsSkipTheJack

Not sure we need another big-name manager after Sousa and Laudrup. Would much prefer someone more modest who is going to work tirelessly and wholeheartedly for the club (someone like Garry Monk in fact, although only the board will know if GM has got the capability as well).
Ronald Koeman on 10:55 - Mar 11 with 6155 viewstomdickharry

Garry Monk does not hold the Pro Licence coaching badge and therefore cannot be our Manager on a permanent basis,already been miles long threads on the subject. Personally,Clements,Sherwood or Bielsa would fit the bill with Garry as Manager/Coach of the -21 team.
Ronald Koeman on 12:23 - Mar 11 with 5944 viewsUxbridge

Ronald Koeman on 10:55 - Mar 11 by tomdickharry

Garry Monk does not hold the Pro Licence coaching badge and therefore cannot be our Manager on a permanent basis,already been miles long threads on the subject. Personally,Clements,Sherwood or Bielsa would fit the bill with Garry as Manager/Coach of the -21 team.

Sherwood didn't have his pro license when he took the Spurs gig. Might not even have it yet.

I'd love Bielsa to help oversee the future coach, and Monk would be ideal for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ronald Koeman on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 5866 viewsWarwickHunt

Ronald Koeman on 12:23 - Mar 11 by Uxbridge

Sherwood didn't have his pro license when he took the Spurs gig. Might not even have it yet.

I'd love Bielsa to help oversee the future coach, and Monk would be ideal for that.

Is the correct answer.
Ronald Koeman on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 5833 viewstomdickharry

Ronald Koeman on 12:23 - Mar 11 by Uxbridge

But he had the A licence which Garry doesn't have and was able to register for the Pro Licence course,he doesn't have Pro Licence yet takes 12M+.Garry can only stand on the touchline now because Pepe has the Pro Licence.This has been done,dusted,done again.Roy Rogers didn't have eye lashes.
Ronald Koeman on 13:02 - Mar 11 with 5788 viewsUxbridge

Ronald Koeman on 12:52 - Mar 11 by tomdickharry

But he had the A licence which Garry doesn't have and was able to register for the Pro Licence course,he doesn't have Pro Licence yet takes 12M+.Garry can only stand on the touchline now because Pepe has the Pro Licence.This has been done,dusted,done again.Roy Rogers didn't have eye lashes.

Wriggle.

Monk could be manager next season if the club have the will to go in that direction.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ronald Koeman on 14:52 - Mar 11 with 5502 viewsicecoldjack

All this speculation..

Why cant somebody ask our roving reporter from Holland (van zweden) what is going on ?

Surely the answer will then be in print within a matter of hours ?

Bottom line for me is that i beleive our board have a problem dealing with high calibre people like Sousa and Laudrup and are much more comfortable with certain types of character like Martinez and Brenda,people that are more use to saying the right things to board members and making them feel part of the football side while also blowing a bit of sunsine up the arse now and again.

Thats just my opinion by the way!

Cant see rRonald doing too much of that if im honest but looks like he is off to a good start!

In many ways the Laudrup situation mirrored the Sousa situation, talk of training not being up to standard etc,etc . Ive often felt that perhaps there is a different mind set abroad to what a footballers responsibilities are in terms of maintaining fitness and living the correct lifestyle . Wilf Bony running on the beach in his spare time is an example of this maybe ?

A few seasons back when chico joined,he was the fittest player in the pre season beep test, followed if memory serves me well by Rangel,bessone and another import(somebody can correct me here as im not 100% sure)

That tells me that fitness abroad is maybe more of a responsibility to the player rather than the coach running them around the field a hundred times.

Bearing this in mind a performance review should be done to asses exactly where our problems lie in 4,5 yrs we have had 3 coaches where only one was deemed good enough by the players,he was brought up in the British game and perhaps had a better understanding of how things are done in this country .

Will the club go abroad next ? id like to think so but im thinking they will look for the next Brenden myself .

Somebody with a top reputation as a British coach as opposed to a top manager is how i think they will go.

The swans have often tended to go a bit under the radar with managers too, not often picking the names on the betting list .

I think Ronald would be a decent choice but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that anyone who takes the job will put in a call to Laudrup and will also be weary of the influence of Monk and some senior players.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 14:55]
Ronald Koeman on 15:01 - Mar 11 with 5467 viewsDarran

Ronald Koeman on 14:52 - Mar 11 by icecoldjack

All this speculation..

Why cant somebody ask our roving reporter from Holland (van zweden) what is going on ?

Bottom line for me is that i beleive our board have a problem dealing with high calibre people like Sousa and Laudrup and are much more comfortable with certain types of character like Martinez and Brenda,people that are more use to saying the right things to board members and making them feel part of the football side while also blowing a bit of sunsine up the arse now and again.

Cant see rRonald doing too much of that if im honest but looks like he is off to a good start!

In many ways the Laudrup situation mirrored the Sousa situation, talk of training not being up to standard etc,etc . Ive often felt that perhaps there is a different mind set abroad to what a footballers responsibilities are in terms of maintaining fitness and living the correct lifestyle . Wilf Bony running on the beach in his spare time is an example of this maybe ?

A few seasons back when chico joined,he was the fittest player in the pre season beep test, followed if memory serves me well by Rangel,bessone and another import(somebody can correct me here as im not 100% sure)

That tells me that fitness abroad is maybe more of a responsibility to the player rather than the coach running them around the field a hundred times.

Bearing this in mind a performance review should be done to asses exactly where our problems lie in 4,5 yrs we have had 3 coaches where only one was deemed good enough by the players,he was brought up in the British game and perhaps had a better understanding of how things are done in this country .

Will the club go abroad next ? id like to think so but im thinking they will look for the next Brenden myself .

Somebody with a top reputation as a British coach as opposed to a top manager is how i think they will go.

The swans have often tended to go a bit under the radar with managers too, not often picking the names on the betting list .

I think Ronald would be a decent choice but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that anyone who takes the job will put in a call to Laudrup and will also be weary of the influence of Monk and some senior players.

So say for instance we appoint Paul Clememt you'd expect him to phone Laudrup?

I don't see that myself but I don't really know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ronald Koeman on 15:08 - Mar 11 with 5446 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ronald Koeman on 14:52 - Mar 11 by icecoldjack

All this speculation..

Laudrup would tell him "the players are fine. It's that fella with the crazy hair and "unusual shirts" on the touch line who told Huw to get rid of me. Apparently I was too weird".

Ronald Koeman on 15:10 - Mar 11 with 5443 viewsDarran

Ronald Koeman on 15:08 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Laudrup would tell him "the players are fine. It's that fella with the crazy hair and "unusual shirts" on the touch line who told Huw to get rid of me. Apparently I was too weird".

Grow up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ronald Koeman on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 5416 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ronald Koeman on 15:10 - Mar 11 by Darran

Grow up.

I thought you might like that one though not a lot, not a lot

Ronald Koeman on 15:42 - Mar 11 with 5352 viewstomdickharry

Ronald Koeman on 15:01 - Mar 11 by Darran

So say for instance we appoint Paul Clememt you'd expect him to phone Laudrup?

I don't see that myself but I don't really know.

Although I have mentioned 2 other possible candidates Paul Clement fits the Swans Pro forma perfectly,ring up Laudrup doubt it,he would know all he has to know about us and most importantly the British game.If Garry is not appointed then I am sure the board will make an early decision on the new Manager in order to give him plenty of time during the summer to plan for next season.
Ronald Koeman on 15:47 - Mar 11 with 5333 viewsicecoldjack

Paul Clement ? The Madrid coach right ?

Yeah why not, there is a framework at Madrid where I'm sure there is a connection through a mutual associate somewhere along the line.

We do due diligence on managers and if they got any brains they do it on us, nothing far fetched there at all, the football world is quite small after all.

Laudrup went on record saying he read up on us and did some research, any new potential manager following a sacking of a guy who from the outside looked to be doing a decent job at the club will want to look a little bit under the surface.

Wouldn't we all do a similar thing if going for a certain job at a certain company ?

First question any right minded person will ask himself IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024