Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... 12:15 - Aug 26 with 17003 viewsNorthernr

Basically seems, in eight weeks, to have reached all the same conclusions Warbs did, and now wants a 34 year old centre back he's worked with before, released from Rangers.

Development brief?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/balogun-and-aston-villa-pair-eyed-by-qpr-as-
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:12 - Aug 26 with 2652 viewsAntti_Heinola

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:48 - Aug 26 by Phildo

I suspect it is well sourced.

Manager was sold the job on the promise of hidden depths that turned out not to be there. There are times you can see him on the touchline with his hand by his face looking fairly mortified.

Someone at our club thinks that Nico is championship cover quality for example. He just isn't.

Lots of talk around- in fact an independent article today - saying Gerard struggling at Villa without Beale.

All these things get a bit overblown but a manager has a look and thinks does he have enough to fashion something- and it looks to me like he has made up his mind.

I don't feel I know enough about the backroom stuff that Northern has alluded to from last year to comment but seems likely there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

'Manager was sold the job on the promise of hidden depths that turned out not to be there..'

More hearsay, based on almost nothing.

Beale will have done his homework for a start, he's not an idiot. And he certainly would never in a million years have taken a job where he was told he couldn't sign anyone.

It's getting a bit hysterical on here atm.

Bare bones.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:12 - Aug 26 with 2645 viewsHunterhoop

Disappointing.

I hope the board say “no”, especially to Balogan.

We don’t have the funds for these signings. We will gain promotion with them? Almost certainly not.

Why risk FFP breach for nothing?

This feels like Beale wanting these signings to protect his reputation not for the good of QPR. Disappointing.

I think we all recognise we need a forward, both from a numbers and quality angle. Any spare wages generated through loaning out players should be used there.

The rest…? We should just suck it up and get on with it. Make the best with what we have. That’s the remit in my view. And that’s coming from someone who thought Johansen’s legs had gone 9 months ago. But we can’t get rid of him so we have to make do.

Hopefully this is just a case of asking for everything in order to get something…a forward.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:18 - Aug 26 with 2590 viewsmonners1969

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:00 - Aug 26 by Rangersw12

For me iit's about wasting money on loans and developing other clubs players

It's pissing money away. If we need players then we should be using our recruitment team not the Mangers mates

We just don't learn as a club and this time next year we will be back in the same positon.

Agree - at the very least we should only loan with a right to buy...

I actually dont think we massively off? LB and a goalscorer and we'll be competitive....

I do wonder if there is a back story of outgoings here? Headroom for incomings?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:23 - Aug 26 with 2543 viewssparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-at-least-two-qpr-chief-confirms
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:25 - Aug 26 with 2515 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not sure about the Rangers defender but I don’t really disagree with any of the other decisions discussed.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:28 - Aug 26 with 2482 viewsSydneyRs

Beale himself has been quoted on it now.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 15:51]
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:38 - Aug 26 with 2406 viewsWestbourneR

It looked a bold and potentially very fool-hardy decision to sack Warburton.

It's now looking like an even more ridiculous call, as most of us suspected.

I'm rapidly concluding MW was sacked by egos higher up who were threatened by him and his strength of character - and I'm afraid I am now starting to take a long hard look at Les.

For me, Beale looks out of his depth and floundering. That's how it feels.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:45 - Aug 26 with 2348 viewsTonto

so if IM reading this thread correctly, Beale is crap and we should bin him asap, right?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 2337 viewsPhildo

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:12 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

'Manager was sold the job on the promise of hidden depths that turned out not to be there..'

More hearsay, based on almost nothing.

Beale will have done his homework for a start, he's not an idiot. And he certainly would never in a million years have taken a job where he was told he couldn't sign anyone.

It's getting a bit hysterical on here atm.

Never been called hysterical on here before. Quite touched.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:47 - Aug 26 with 2336 viewsR_from_afar

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:20 - Aug 26 by francisbowles

It seems that the recruitment team's supply line has fizzled out at the moment.

Beale has given Armstrong, Kakay, Shodipo and Hamalainen (through necessity) chances with 'mixed' results. Other younger players had pre season minutes as did Bonne. Everyone on here thinks the squad lacks depth.

Sure we can pick holes in these reports, whatever facts are in them, but if he needs to strengthen then he needs to. We let go several experienced players so the squad lacks it. If we need one experienced head in while we try and develop Gubbins on loan then so be it. It makes sense to try and get games for our young keepers, they are more likely to go stale playing B games than if they are in league 1 or 2. Other possibilities in midfield attack or back up left back are not identified yet.

The key to the puzzle is we must not exceed FFP limits. If Hoos and Ferdinand are ensuring this is the case then we have to strengthen in whatever way we can. If we can manage both of these and finish higher in the table as well, then that will be a decent first season of the new regime.

Interesting that you mention experience, perhaps it's that and leadership qualities which are behind the move for Balogun, if the story is even true.

If that theory sounds a bit desperate and far-fetched, that's because I am quite surprised about this development and, like most of you, am struggling to understand the logic.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:50 - Aug 26 with 2305 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:23 - Aug 26 by sparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-at-least-two-qpr-chief-confirms

That's a decent article, to be fair. Far more measured than the earlier opinion piece, and with quotes!

Should settle everything down hopefully.

Thanks for posting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:01 - Aug 26 with 2208 viewsderbyhoop

Article talks of letting g Bonne and George Thomas go. Anybody care to argue those 2 are good enough for Championship?

Also Gubbins and Drewe out on loan. If L1/2 level it could be good for their development.
I know nothing about Balogun but if he wants to play 3 at the back is bit better than drafting MaSterson (or Gubbins)?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:02 - Aug 26 with 2201 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:01 - Aug 26 by derbyhoop

Article talks of letting g Bonne and George Thomas go. Anybody care to argue those 2 are good enough for Championship?

Also Gubbins and Drewe out on loan. If L1/2 level it could be good for their development.
I know nothing about Balogun but if he wants to play 3 at the back is bit better than drafting MaSterson (or Gubbins)?

Again though not to keep repeating myself, but Beale himself has spent most of the summer saying (and doing) that he doesn't want to play a back three.

This is the bit that's worrying me. He said we wouldn't be doing loans, didn't want to do loans, now we're doing loans.

He said having people like Wallace and Barbet around to hold the hands of Dickie and Dunne was poitnless, they're old enough, they're experienced enough, these older players are taking up spots we need to open up, pathways etc... now we're signing a 34 year old CB.

It just feels like a circle we've been around a couple of times. We appoint a new manager because he's into player development and we need that, new manager comes in and makes positive noises about the players already here (couple of name drops of youth players), season starts badly, manager says we need experience after all, manager gets signings, manager gets sacked, new manager comes in because he's into player development...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:08 - Aug 26 with 2139 viewsRangersDave

Thats Rangers aint it?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:12 - Aug 26 with 2088 viewsterryb

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:01 - Aug 26 by derbyhoop

Good luck to the club in getting all of thee deals, in & out, done in 5 & a bit days. And that includes two match days!
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:13 - Aug 26 with 2086 viewsBAWHoops

Seems like ALOT of cards were marked after the Charlton game.

Beale was very pissed off after that

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:21 - Aug 26 with 2039 viewsLblock

“At this moment all of our best players are at a price range other clubs are a little bit put off by — and that is good because I want to keep all of our best players,” he said.

Clearly been interest in Dieng, Chair and Willock.

I look on in bemusement.
The club has always been a circus and it's no different now....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 1963 viewsPhilmyRs

I think the injuries have played a massive part in this. Taking Clarke Salter and Richards out (2 new signings) and then Amos whose showed he'll suit Beale's style, plus managing Willocks fitness and getting Tyler Roberts up to speed has clearly worried Beale, and understandably so because the back-up such as Niko are just not good enough and not ones we can get away with playing.

I was surprised at his comments about experience and how it's for the Dickies and Dunnes to step up and take on the leadership duties. I always think there's a place for experience and leadership and while youth is important, we can't just do away with knowledge and players that have been there and done that as they not only add value on the pitch, they do so off it too. A striker is a priority but given the injury situation, possibly 1 or 2 others too.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 16:37]
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:42 - Aug 26 with 1924 viewsDavieQPR

If we do sign Balogun his wages would be cheap as chips (used to be) and would be quite happy being 4th choice CB Said it before and 3rd choice RB.
As I've said before are Hall, Furlong and Ramsey living on past glories. The only players that have come through have been picked up elsewhere and developed through loans at other clubs.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:53 - Aug 26 with 1876 viewsHeadington

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:02 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Again though not to keep repeating myself, but Beale himself has spent most of the summer saying (and doing) that he doesn't want to play a back three.

This is the bit that's worrying me. He said we wouldn't be doing loans, didn't want to do loans, now we're doing loans.

He said having people like Wallace and Barbet around to hold the hands of Dickie and Dunne was poitnless, they're old enough, they're experienced enough, these older players are taking up spots we need to open up, pathways etc... now we're signing a 34 year old CB.

It just feels like a circle we've been around a couple of times. We appoint a new manager because he's into player development and we need that, new manager comes in and makes positive noises about the players already here (couple of name drops of youth players), season starts badly, manager says we need experience after all, manager gets signings, manager gets sacked, new manager comes in because he's into player development...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree. Though it's a 'poor' start, we are probably not a million miles from where we thought we would be after 5 games (perhaps expecting to get points off Blackpool and Rotherham rather than Boro and Sunderland). In addition to the Warb-like analysis of the squad's weaknesses (and back-tracking on his earlier comments) it seems that Beale also sees this as a promotion-challenging season, whereas we were expecting more rebuilding and 9th/10th finish at best. Would like to be a fly on the wall.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 16:54 - Aug 26 with 1862 viewsBurnleyhoop

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:47 - Aug 26 by R_from_afar

Interesting that you mention experience, perhaps it's that and leadership qualities which are behind the move for Balogun, if the story is even true.

If that theory sounds a bit desperate and far-fetched, that's because I am quite surprised about this development and, like most of you, am struggling to understand the logic.

Why can’t Masterson fill in until Salter is back? Clearly he doesn’t think he is capable.

Balogun would provide cover if we intend to go three at the back, but my guess is it would be for this season only until Beale can pinpoint a suitable long term replacement for next season.

Agree with others on here…..it’s not really a priority position considering our forward line and lack of cover at LB.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 17:35 - Aug 26 with 1693 viewsBostonR

I have never been on the “let’s get rid of Les” train but his position must be under some pressure/discussion. Sounds like Beale is calling the shots and given his background that might not be a bad idea at the present time. Who’s to say that if he doesn’t cut it as a manager he could easily slot in as a DOF.
Interesting times.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 17:58 - Aug 26 with 1595 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 17:35 - Aug 26 by BostonR

I have never been on the “let’s get rid of Les” train but his position must be under some pressure/discussion. Sounds like Beale is calling the shots and given his background that might not be a bad idea at the present time. Who’s to say that if he doesn’t cut it as a manager he could easily slot in as a DOF.
Interesting times.

I'm tempted to say, if you're just going to let the manager bring in a 34 year old he's worked with before, then... what's the point of you? I know that's harsh, but this just seems a bit wild to me today.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:34 - Aug 26 with 1434 viewstoboboly

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 17:58 - Aug 26 by Northernr

I'm tempted to say, if you're just going to let the manager bring in a 34 year old he's worked with before, then... what's the point of you? I know that's harsh, but this just seems a bit wild to me today.

I notice he says he isn't match fit (Balogun), this one is a massive head scratcher for me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:39 - Aug 26 with 1420 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 18:34 - Aug 26 by toboboly

I notice he says he isn't match fit (Balogun), this one is a massive head scratcher for me.

The Rangers fan we use says...

Great passer of a ball, decent in air, still quite quick, assured, occasional brain fart. Thing is even when he’s not injured he struggles to play two games a week.
He’s cool as fck as a bloke though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024