Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... 12:15 - Aug 26 with 18022 viewsNorthernr

Basically seems, in eight weeks, to have reached all the same conclusions Warbs did, and now wants a 34 year old centre back he's worked with before, released from Rangers.

Development brief?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/balogun-and-aston-villa-pair-eyed-by-qpr-as-
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:20 - Aug 26 with 3067 viewsSydneyRs

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:02 - Aug 26 by LazyFan

Balogun is a waste of time and should not be signed. That could be some agent talk to try and get Balogun a move. They get desperate, agents for older players, as no one wants'em.

If, he can bring in youth with the option to sign at the end of the year, I like the idea of try before you buy. So, that's okay.

Also, I suspect this will be JoJo's last year with us, even though his contract has another year to go. Unless he brings his top game, game after game, then they will farm him out at the end of the season as he costs too much. Norway beckons for JoJo next year I would assume.

His name was doing the rounds a couple of months back. Old, injury prone and used to playing in a dinner suit in the SPL. What could possibly go wrong?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:20 - Aug 26 with 3063 viewsTheChef

Question for me is how all this is getting funded if we're at our FFP limits?

Modern football. Meh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:20 - Aug 26 with 3067 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:00 - Aug 26 by Rangersw12

For me iit's about wasting money on loans and developing other clubs players

It's pissing money away. If we need players then we should be using our recruitment team not the Mangers mates

We just don't learn as a club and this time next year we will be back in the same positon.

It seems that the recruitment team's supply line has fizzled out at the moment.

Beale has given Armstrong, Kakay, Shodipo and Hamalainen (through necessity) chances with 'mixed' results. Other younger players had pre season minutes as did Bonne. Everyone on here thinks the squad lacks depth.

Sure we can pick holes in these reports, whatever facts are in them, but if he needs to strengthen then he needs to. We let go several experienced players so the squad lacks it. If we need one experienced head in while we try and develop Gubbins on loan then so be it. It makes sense to try and get games for our young keepers, they are more likely to go stale playing B games than if they are in league 1 or 2. Other possibilities in midfield attack or back up left back are not identified yet.

The key to the puzzle is we must not exceed FFP limits. If Hoos and Ferdinand are ensuring this is the case then we have to strengthen in whatever way we can. If we can manage both of these and finish higher in the table as well, then that will be a decent first season of the new regime.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:21 - Aug 26 with 3058 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Perhaps we should just have a standard response on the issue of QPR's inability to develop from within, as we're constantly repeating ourselves on the topic.

Since Langers, we've developed: Sterling, Bowler - both of whom left as soon as they could - and Furlong. That's three in some 25 years.

We have polished up some cast- offs into good players, which is sadly offset by the purchasing of some total and utter rubbish.

Perhaps QPR's suits should shake the tree and get rid of the deadwood.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:26 - Aug 26 with 2993 viewsBerkoRanger

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:13 - Aug 26 by dm97

But is it pissing money away if it helps Willock / Chair / Amos shine and increase the potential to sell them?

Agree it shouldn’t be manager wants manager gets, but this is Beale’s first job; he is ambitious; he’s clearly not impressed by some of the current squad; he knows those former players will improve us and (shown by the reaction of our fans this season) he doesn’t have the time to piss around speculating that Connor Masterson might get good enough to play every week.

This isn’t Harry giving Hoddle a job or Hughes lining his agents pockets - I completely get Beale doing this and back it
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 13:19]

+1
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:28 - Aug 26 with 2975 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:08 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Warbs wasn't sacked for not playing youngsters. He was sacked because results fell off a cliff and the owners lost patience. Simple as. Far, far too much has been made of a few comments and a bit of hearsay.

A few comments and hearsay started by this journaist and this paper, which - I agree - many fans took as fact, despite their being no quotes or attribution.

Now another article with no quotes or attribution, which many fans will take as fact.

It's downright shoddy. It used to be the sole domain of tabloids to print rumour as fact. Sad that WLS has joined the fray of late.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:31 - Aug 26 with 2933 viewsSydneyRs

Tbf Dave Mc is rarely wrong.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:37 - Aug 26 with 2862 viewsHAYESBOY

Striker is priority. Go all out for Archer if we can. He is quick, finishes well and can play on the shoulder of defenders, which we don't really have in the squad. If true we are looking at a 34 yr old CB who is injury prone, makes no sense to me.
At some point you have to accept what you have and work with it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:42 - Aug 26 with 2812 viewsfrancisbowles

Could he be the new Ryan Nelson?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 2784 viewsdavman

I get all the frustration here around changing the brief, etc, etc. and of course we should be concerned BUT (and it is huge BUT), the team we have is EXTREMELY limited.

We have poor back up GK options
We have a unproven first choice LB (who is still to impress me) and nothing behind him.
We have three good CBs (and nothing behind them)
We have a Club Captain in CM whose form, fitness and legs have hit rock bottom after being pretty poor since January
We have lost the dynamicism from midfield through two perennially injured players
We have shite up front
Our bench is pisswater weak.

So, yes, by all means throw everything at the "develop our own" mantra, but there's little to show that they are good enough, is there?

I know that it is early days, but not beating Rotherham and Blackpool at home and only having one streaky win to show for this season IS very, very alarming. I thought at the start of the season that we would struggle, but thought we'd end up 12-16th, but right now I fear that, without serious surgery we're looking at somewhere between 18th and 22nd.

If we think FFP is hard in this league, see what happens if we go down - that cannot happen.

If they can work something within the FFP boundaries and can get players in that genuinely strengthen us, great, I am all for it. Although, I really don't think a CB should be a priority if funds are tight...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:45 - Aug 26 with 2760 viewsBurnleyhoop

He’s not wrong though is he?

Johansen and Dozzell are too ponderous, Hamalainen is out of his depth and we now have the wing backs to go three at the back as we have been seriously exposed with 4 at the back. The return of Amos, Salter and Richards is a way off yet but would have strengthened us immeasurably.

Under the circumstances regarding finances however, the reports coming out of WSL seem extreme if not untenable.

I don’t fancy us at Watford tomorrow and as Beale has already alluded to, they are very athletic. They could run us wragged if we don’t keep it tight.

I don’t doubt Beale knows what he wants and what is needed, but then again so did Warburton.

Is Beale, just like all the other managers we have had over recent years, going to be given free reign to bring in who he wants and sod the finances and development of our own?

We will know soon enough.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:48 - Aug 26 with 2714 viewsRangersw12

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:13 - Aug 26 by dm97

But is it pissing money away if it helps Willock / Chair / Amos shine and increase the potential to sell them?

Agree it shouldn’t be manager wants manager gets, but this is Beale’s first job; he is ambitious; he’s clearly not impressed by some of the current squad; he knows those former players will improve us and (shown by the reaction of our fans this season) he doesn’t have the time to piss around speculating that Connor Masterson might get good enough to play every week.

This isn’t Harry giving Hoddle a job or Hughes lining his agents pockets - I completely get Beale doing this and back it
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 13:19]

Yeah it is pissing money IMO away as we have no chance of signing the loans and will hinder Dozzell's development and maybe even Dunne's

What's more annoying is we change our approach like the wind and this screams on the McClaren season

We might as well have kept Warburton if we're going down this route
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:48 - Aug 26 with 2701 viewsPhildo

I suspect it is well sourced.

Manager was sold the job on the promise of hidden depths that turned out not to be there. There are times you can see him on the touchline with his hand by his face looking fairly mortified.

Someone at our club thinks that Nico is championship cover quality for example. He just isn't.

Lots of talk around- in fact an independent article today - saying Gerard struggling at Villa without Beale.

All these things get a bit overblown but a manager has a look and thinks does he have enough to fashion something- and it looks to me like he has made up his mind.

I don't feel I know enough about the backroom stuff that Northern has alluded to from last year to comment but seems likely there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:53 - Aug 26 with 2644 viewsSouthallRanger

Very interesting article. Thought we were going to have a quiet end to transfer window with possible only one more loan incoming.

Does seem a sharp change on policy.

To be fair, Beale has given a fair few of our academy players a chance and had others training with the first team. We were never going to fill all holes with youth but it seems only Armstrong (out of necessity, he should be on loan learning), shodipo , and Kay Kay (both as BACKUP rather than starting 11) seem good enough for first team. You can’t say he didn’t give them a chance.

Shane as I had high hopes for bettache and a couple of others in the past.

Answer was always going to be a mix of youth. But other signings seemed to be fairly young with a view to perm deals which was also encouraging.

Now it panic stations… loans and over 30s. Where is the financial head room coming from? Are we selling one of our better players?

Also worrying apart from the fact that our youth products aren’t good enough… same is going for some of our senior signings. Dozell is clearly deemed not good enough if a loan is going ahead of him and also possibly stef.

Surely if we think our senior players are good to avoid relegation then the thing to do would be add minimum needed and save as many ch money as possible for future transfer windows so that Beale can build his team.

If the reported influx does happen… is it because Beale has sniffed a playoff chance this year?
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:04 - Aug 26 with 2534 viewstraininvain

Not massively surprised. It’s QPR and we always make signings in late August. Some of our squad players simply aren’t good enough and can’t be trusted. We need a left back as cover / competition for Paal and a centre forward as relying on Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong is a recipe for disaster.

Bit surprised that we’re linked with a 34 year old centre back. I’m not convinced of a centre back pairing of Dickie and Dunne. They’re too slow as a back two and it means we need to defend deep as it’s too easy for attackers to get in behind. But I doubt signing a 34 year old defender will help address this problem.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 14:05]
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:09 - Aug 26 with 2485 viewsJamesB1979

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:08 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Warbs wasn't sacked for not playing youngsters. He was sacked because results fell off a cliff and the owners lost patience. Simple as. Far, far too much has been made of a few comments and a bit of hearsay.

I’m not sure that it’s that simple. The impression I got from articles on here was that there was a division between Warbs and his team and the youth set up. Warbs didn’t think youth were good enough. That pissed off some within club. No issue for Warbs when results went well but combination of January signings not working and poor results meant Warbs position was much weaker.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:39 - Aug 26 with 2286 viewsEastR

This appears to be going very well.
Any good journo worth their salt is never going to quote/name their sources, unless they want a career doing something else.

Even if half of this comes about, it shows up again the bull that’s been pedaled by the club all summer. Work with what we’ve got, develop our own not other clubs. Some (not all) of the sympathy I had for Beale coming in and towing that line evaporates if that’s the outcome. Close to double figure ins/outs before next Thurs and 7 games into the season. Really?

I fear for Clive’s sanity if we sign another goalkeeper and a mid 30’s centre back next week.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:39 - Aug 26 with 2286 viewsRangersw12

The one good thing about this is article is that twitter virgins all seem to be happy with it
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:45 - Aug 26 with 2231 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:39 - Aug 26 by EastR

This appears to be going very well.
Any good journo worth their salt is never going to quote/name their sources, unless they want a career doing something else.

Even if half of this comes about, it shows up again the bull that’s been pedaled by the club all summer. Work with what we’ve got, develop our own not other clubs. Some (not all) of the sympathy I had for Beale coming in and towing that line evaporates if that’s the outcome. Close to double figure ins/outs before next Thurs and 7 games into the season. Really?

I fear for Clive’s sanity if we sign another goalkeeper and a mid 30’s centre back next week.

There's nothing left to fear for mate don't worry about it.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:46 - Aug 26 with 2223 viewsDavieQPR

Seems strange that one article that's a repeat of a 10 week old one can be taken as gospel and already done deals by a lot of this forum.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:46 - Aug 26 with 2227 viewsdavman

Maybe not the thread for this, but...

How has it got as bad as appears to be reported?

At the end of the 2020/1 accounting period our cumulative three year FFP loss was 5+6-3 = £8m

So, if 2021/2 was say worse because we bought some big earners in and because we did not have the Eze money (say £16m), then the loss could have been somewhere in the region of £3m - £16m (for Eze) - £3m (guess for wage increases) = -£16m. That would put us at 6-3+16 = £19m for the three years and due to the rolling nature of the three years, 2022/3 we could lose £26m this season and still meet the three year limit. Yes, next season would be tough as we'd need to make a profit of £3m, but my figures are well over the top, aren't they? Or, is it really this bad?

Was there an update of the FFP position after the 21/2 accounts?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:51 - Aug 26 with 2199 viewsNorthernr

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:46 - Aug 26 by davman

Maybe not the thread for this, but...

How has it got as bad as appears to be reported?

At the end of the 2020/1 accounting period our cumulative three year FFP loss was 5+6-3 = £8m

So, if 2021/2 was say worse because we bought some big earners in and because we did not have the Eze money (say £16m), then the loss could have been somewhere in the region of £3m - £16m (for Eze) - £3m (guess for wage increases) = -£16m. That would put us at 6-3+16 = £19m for the three years and due to the rolling nature of the three years, 2022/3 we could lose £26m this season and still meet the three year limit. Yes, next season would be tough as we'd need to make a profit of £3m, but my figures are well over the top, aren't they? Or, is it really this bad?

Was there an update of the FFP position after the 21/2 accounts?

I hope you're right mate, I think we might have lost more than that last season.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 2156 viewseastside_r

Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 13:31 - Aug 26 by SydneyRs

Tbf Dave Mc is rarely wrong.

Used to be the case, mate.

But he still seems to be bearing the grudges of things that happened at the club years ago under previous regimes.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:03 - Aug 26 with 2101 viewseastside_r

Also Beale was brought In because of his reputation as a a coach.

As an in-game tactician he has not shone so far. Outmanoeuvred by almost every opposition manager so far this season.

As I have said the pitchfork is very much still in the shed, but he knew the remit when he joined i.e. you are going to have to coach / make better what we already have.

I suspect we’ll see a couple of loans in and out because we cannot afford any other strategy.
Beale, pretty wild West London Sport copy... on 15:10 - Aug 26 with 2030 viewsToast_R

A team of MEN, it's not ok... it's necessary!

Surely when all's said and done the goal every season is to finish as high up the table as possible. We know that the players QPR own collectively are relegation scrap at best. Has been that way for some time. The loan market is what has dug us out for the past 4 seasons now.

Hopefully once the training ground is fully operational then we might start seeing youth prospects coming through that have genuine talent to go far in the game. That will take a few years though so this is really all we can expect in the meantime. I expect managers will continue to come and go in that time.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 15:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024