Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread 21:50 - Feb 1 with 45871 viewsPhil_S

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:53 - Feb 2 with 2912 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:21 - Feb 2 by EasternJack

Indeed doable - and I'd expect us to achieve it.

Missed opportunity tonight in my mind. Some better composure in possession and better finishing and we could have been comfortable.

We need to regain confidence in our abilities when closing out games - that equaliser tonight could have easily also happened in the previous 2 matches (Deaney, Coleman).

Some work to do, but we're giving ourselves a chance.

I think if the players don't regain their mojo after tonight's performance they never will! Some wonderful football from us at times and dare I say it we looked rock solid at the back. Leon broke up play superbly and we did deserve the 3 points in my honest opinion.

I think maybe Francesco lacked confidence for us to "attack the game out" but he is a clever man and will learn a lot from tonight. I think he will realise that attack is the best form of defence but saying that it took a dreaded set piece and a near suicidal header by their brave striker to provide the chance. .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:58 - Feb 2 with 2883 viewsperchrockjack

On the other hand, bringing on a taller player defender to shore up the defence to protect three points almost worked.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 23:02 - Feb 2 with 2850 viewsEasternJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:53 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I think if the players don't regain their mojo after tonight's performance they never will! Some wonderful football from us at times and dare I say it we looked rock solid at the back. Leon broke up play superbly and we did deserve the 3 points in my honest opinion.

I think maybe Francesco lacked confidence for us to "attack the game out" but he is a clever man and will learn a lot from tonight. I think he will realise that attack is the best form of defence but saying that it took a dreaded set piece and a near suicidal header by their brave striker to provide the chance. .

At some point we need to bring width back into our game vs the teams we should be beating. I thought we were narrow for too long tonight (apart from when Rangel, Taylor and Naughton pushed on).

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 23:36 - Feb 2 with 2744 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 23:02 - Feb 2 by EasternJack

At some point we need to bring width back into our game vs the teams we should be beating. I thought we were narrow for too long tonight (apart from when Rangel, Taylor and Naughton pushed on).

Agree. As an aside, do you reckon left back is Naughton's better position? Looked totally at home and we seemed to cause then more problems in an attacking sense when he came on.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 00:00 - Feb 3 with 2692 viewsNookiejack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 2 by PozuelosSideys

Nah, much like a boxer who is only busy for the last 30 seconds of a round to pinch it on the cards, West Brom did fck all in the first half and were wide open in the second. We blew it by shutting up shop too early imo.

Don't forget Fabisnski's three outstanding saves, Naughtons block, and a host of West Brom clear cut chances in first half - in particular from first half free kick.

I think that was a great point for us - gutting they scored so late.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 03:40 - Feb 3 with 2549 viewsLoyal

Sadly Naughtons block led to their goal.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 06:39 - Feb 3 with 2501 viewswaynekerr55

Last night was the first time in ages that I felt genuine rancour towards an opponent. Squealing bully boys. I hope they get dragged into the mix, especially with Fletcher's conduct. The cūnt

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:14 - Feb 3 with 2417 viewsEasternJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 23:36 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree. As an aside, do you reckon left back is Naughton's better position? Looked totally at home and we seemed to cause then more problems in an attacking sense when he came on.

I nearly shat myself when I saw that sub... as did the commentators on Star Sports. Fair play - he did very well. Would like to see him break through the invisible barrier that existing 30 yards from the oppositions goal and take on their full back - the lad has got good pace. Nearly setup a goal for Al when he finally went for it.

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:20 - Feb 3 with 2406 viewsEasternJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 00:00 - Feb 3 by Nookiejack

Don't forget Fabisnski's three outstanding saves, Naughtons block, and a host of West Brom clear cut chances in first half - in particular from first half free kick.

I think that was a great point for us - gutting they scored so late.

Swings & roundabouts yes? In terms of clear cut chances, we edged it - Al should have had 2 goals himself and Siggy was desperately unlucky with that cheeky lop.

However, I get what you're saying - and feel the same about the Waftord and Everton games. Both of those could have been losses.... But that's football, right? and that's what's making this PL season so exciting (if you're a neutral) - it is far more about the fine margins of the game than it's even been.

At least we're now playing in a way that gives us a chance.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 8:22]

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:30 - Feb 3 with 2386 viewsMillJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 22:09 - Feb 2 by union_jack

We've got to start looking for the second goal to put teams away. I know we tried more tonight than against Everton but I always felt we needed two to get the three points.

Fed up with conceding goals so late in the game. Happens to us more than us getting one. In fact when we go one down the last few minutes we are often on our heels.

But yes, some good signs tonight especially AP and as long as we don't drop our heads (a bit like me tonight I admit) we'll be fine.

"Swansea conceded only their fourth goal in the final 15 minutes of a Premier League game this season, a joint Premier League low (alongside West Ham and Man City)." - BBC SPORT

Sort of blows that one out of the water no?
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:36 - Feb 3 with 2372 viewstrampie

Devastated by last nights result, devastated, I think it will take me a while to get over it [until Saturday], we are still in a relegation dog fight, a win would have put us above the Baggies and we would have stayed above Bournemouth and had 2 extra points on Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa, but it wasn't to be, we need to make the most of our next two home games.
COYS

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 2291 viewsunion_jack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:30 - Feb 3 by MillJack

"Swansea conceded only their fourth goal in the final 15 minutes of a Premier League game this season, a joint Premier League low (alongside West Ham and Man City)." - BBC SPORT

Sort of blows that one out of the water no?

If true, then yes it does.

It just seems more than that and the fact we seldom do it makes it worse.

We do tend to be clinging on at the end of games though. Everton should have scored last week if we are honest. Watfird too.

It comes down to us not putting games away, sitting back playing a game if attack and defence which will end up with situations like last night.

That will always give the opposition hope because they'll smell our fear.

We have to attack immediately after scoring a goal (which we did last night) and make it count (which unfortunately we didn't).

I think Paloschi could make a big difference in that respect.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:03 - Feb 3 with 2255 viewsJackanapes

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 03:40 - Feb 3 by Loyal

Sadly Naughtons block led to their goal.

yes he should have let the ball go in the net and we'd all be 56 seconds further into the grieving process.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 10:03]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 3 with 2222 viewsMillJack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 09:31 - Feb 3 by union_jack

If true, then yes it does.

It just seems more than that and the fact we seldom do it makes it worse.

We do tend to be clinging on at the end of games though. Everton should have scored last week if we are honest. Watfird too.

It comes down to us not putting games away, sitting back playing a game if attack and defence which will end up with situations like last night.

That will always give the opposition hope because they'll smell our fear.

We have to attack immediately after scoring a goal (which we did last night) and make it count (which unfortunately we didn't).

I think Paloschi could make a big difference in that respect.

In the last few games, when we've been going into the last 15 mins with a narrow lead, we just look like a time who are not used to winning. Maybe the late goal that we can conceded last night is the kick up the backside that we need in regards to not sitting on a lead.

Looking at the teams around us, notably Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and West Brom, I'm feeling more confident about our prospects than I have for a while.

West Brom looked a poor side for long periods last night, I'm pretty confident that we'll finish above them this season.

Palace are by no means out of the relegation mix either.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:03 - Feb 3 with 2175 viewsJACKARSE

I might of missed it but any idea why Taylor came off ?
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:10 - Feb 3 with 2163 viewstomdickharry

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:03 - Feb 3 by JACKARSE

I might of missed it but any idea why Taylor came off ?

He wasn't playing very well perhaps that was the reason.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:14 - Feb 3 with 2155 viewsFlashberryjack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 3 by MillJack

In the last few games, when we've been going into the last 15 mins with a narrow lead, we just look like a time who are not used to winning. Maybe the late goal that we can conceded last night is the kick up the backside that we need in regards to not sitting on a lead.

Looking at the teams around us, notably Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and West Brom, I'm feeling more confident about our prospects than I have for a while.

West Brom looked a poor side for long periods last night, I'm pretty confident that we'll finish above them this season.

Palace are by no means out of the relegation mix either.

i thought bringing on Armat was a big mistake, we got away with it at Everton, just.
We just invite teams to attack us, I was hoping we would have brought Barrow or Montero on to to take a little pressure off our defense.

But hey!! I would have taken a point before we kicked off, so can't complain really, and I thought Alberto looked a right handful, 14 points and 14 games.to go.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 12:21 - Feb 3 with 2061 viewsDr_Winston

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:03 - Feb 3 by Jackanapes

yes he should have let the ball go in the net and we'd all be 56 seconds further into the grieving process.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 10:03]

Aye.

Naughton put another couple of decent crosses in, one of which Paloschi almost scored from. He's got his weaknesses on the back foot but offers a fair bit going forward. Sort of the anti-Taylor.

Still think he's far from beyond salvaging.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 1936 viewsPrivate_Partz

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:14 - Feb 3 by Flashberryjack

i thought bringing on Armat was a big mistake, we got away with it at Everton, just.
We just invite teams to attack us, I was hoping we would have brought Barrow or Montero on to to take a little pressure off our defense.

But hey!! I would have taken a point before we kicked off, so can't complain really, and I thought Alberto looked a right handful, 14 points and 14 games.to go.

I said it before, that had we been 10 th in the league and 10 points clear, then we have gone for this one and played with two wingers. Give them something to think about. Now I suspect it is caution first until we are clear of the pack.
Attacking like that means sacrificing some midfield control and we lost some of that when KI went off as well albeit we continued to create chances.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 15:11 - Feb 3 with 1874 viewsJackanapes

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 14:01 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

I said it before, that had we been 10 th in the league and 10 points clear, then we have gone for this one and played with two wingers. Give them something to think about. Now I suspect it is caution first until we are clear of the pack.
Attacking like that means sacrificing some midfield control and we lost some of that when KI went off as well albeit we continued to create chances.

Yes if we'd have done that we'd have torn them apart like we did last season, at the Hawthorns, when we were totally safe. Mauled them.
And the season before.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 15:12]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 16:13 - Feb 3 with 1827 viewsFlashberryjack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 14:01 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Do you not think that had we brought a speedy player on instead of another defender, they would have still been able to attack us with so much gusto ?

Hello

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:17 - Feb 3 with 1776 viewsJACKARSE

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 16:13 - Feb 3 by Flashberryjack

Do you not think that had we brought a speedy player on instead of another defender, they would have still been able to attack us with so much gusto ?

Yep ... they play the highest number of long ball passes in the Prem and had 6 or 7 over 6ft yesterday ......
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 1766 viewsmonmouth

...and if we'd brought Barrow on and they'd scored from a multi-head-hoof as they did then the same people would be saying 'why didn't we bring Amat on'

Great thing hindsight. No one ever considers that if we'd done something different they might have scored two of course.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 1766 viewsManBearSwan2

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:10 - Feb 3 by tomdickharry

He wasn't playing very well perhaps that was the reason.

Was a strange sub at the time but I thought Naughton did well when he came on. Seemed to offer something a bit different to Taylor, which was a bit refreshing. Perhaps it's his attacking threat and delivery maybe.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:33 - Feb 3 with 1745 viewsFlashberryjack

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 17:22 - Feb 3 by monmouth

...and if we'd brought Barrow on and they'd scored from a multi-head-hoof as they did then the same people would be saying 'why didn't we bring Amat on'

Great thing hindsight. No one ever considers that if we'd done something different they might have scored two of course.

But it's not hindsight is it ? we did the same thing against Everton and we were dead lucky to get away with it.
And I'll be saying the same thing against Crystal Palace on Saturday, should we be in the same circumstances.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024