Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben Providence 17:44 - Aug 3 with 21155 viewsKeithHaynes

Didn’t get much of a game but looked lively.

I reckon we will snap him up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ruben Providence on 09:40 - Aug 6 with 4324 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 22:15 - Aug 5 by vetchonian

I agree but there are others who wouldn't

I think that’s a sarcastic offering.
Cullen up front is all the evidence needed.
We should have a fully intergrared renewed squad from day having learned from mistakes .
We haven’t

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ruben Providence on 09:46 - Aug 6 with 4312 viewsDaggyjack

We need more numbers definitely but the quality is far better already of the signings we have made, notwithstanding Rushworth (although I am happy with Vigouroux).
In:
Vigouroux
Eom
Franco
Vipotnik

Out:
Mykola
Congreve
Cotterill
Yates
Lowe
Wood
Placheta
Ogbeta
Walsh
Paterson
+ the Loans

I would say that the three outfield players signed are all better than those that have left.
Ruben Providence on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 4266 viewsAnotherJohn

Ruben Providence on 21:11 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

Oxford Utd or Swansea City?
Dear God.
No comparison
Like co paring Solihull Moors and Man City

Obviously I am coming down on the side of the Swans, but we should remember that Oxford United too had their day in the sun, albeit a while ago now. I went to see the U's regularly in the old First Division in the the mid to late 1980s when I worked in the city. They won the League Cup in 1986, with Jeremy Charles among the scorers, and had some big wins against top teams in the league. Incidentally I remember some awful violence in the home end of the Manor Ground. One incident that I recall with a shudder was when an away supporter found in the London Road end was picked up and thrown over the vomitorium retaining wall down a steep flight of steps.
Ruben Providence on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 4207 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 09:55 - Aug 6 by AnotherJohn

Obviously I am coming down on the side of the Swans, but we should remember that Oxford United too had their day in the sun, albeit a while ago now. I went to see the U's regularly in the old First Division in the the mid to late 1980s when I worked in the city. They won the League Cup in 1986, with Jeremy Charles among the scorers, and had some big wins against top teams in the league. Incidentally I remember some awful violence in the home end of the Manor Ground. One incident that I recall with a shudder was when an away supporter found in the London Road end was picked up and thrown over the vomitorium retaining wall down a steep flight of steps.

Yes but they were tainted by Robert Maxwell.
It’s Oxford,after all.
Swansea a world away

Ruben Providence on 10:34 - Aug 6 with 4149 viewsAnotherJohn

Ruben Providence on 10:10 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

Yes but they were tainted by Robert Maxwell.
It’s Oxford,after all.
Swansea a world away

Parts of Oxford are posh, but it is a more mixed city than say Cambridge, with a history of car making and printing as well as the university. The Manor Ground was in Headington, which isn't so upmarket. The present Kassam Stadium is near the notorious Blackbird Leys estate, which is quite rough. Yes, Maxwell was a slimy character, but we have had one or two of our own. And yes, culturally Swansea is a world away. Oxford has attractions, but is a very expensive place to live. Believe it or not, when I lived there I always wanted to get back to our city, but it took a while.
[Post edited 6 Aug 10:36]
Ruben Providence on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 4038 viewsRichardO

Went to Oxford Apollo Theatre( now New Theatre ) to see Brian Wilson, Upper Circle seating it was funny to see 20 year old Ushers demanding a hundred or so 60+ year olds to sit down at the encore due to safety concerns, it fell on deaf ears.
[Post edited 6 Aug 12:44]
Ruben Providence on 21:43 - Aug 6 with 3632 viewssons_of_omri

Ruben Providence on 09:29 - Aug 6 by Fireboy2

Oh yeah baby we are in a better place than last year aren't we🙄

Our starting 11 on Saturday shows we are on our arse, we have cullen as our no1 striker with an untried Slovenian (who will probably come good🤞) and a youngster from the u21s, we have no cover in midfield because we have 3 players out injured, no cover for centre half unless you count pedersen who williams didn't fancy, we only have naughton to cover at full back as it's the same with tjoe and finally we have 2 youngsters vying for the goalkeeper spot on the bench.

We only have 4 players who out injured who are counted as squad players so if people think we are in a better place than last year then they are deluded, the only hope we have is if williams can get a tune out of the youngsters 🙏

Fwiw I am really looking forward to going to boro on Saturday, meeting a few jacks I know, having a few beers and shouting the boys on COYJB 🦢
[Post edited 6 Aug 9:35]

You can’t legislate for injuries. What I was trying to say was the quality of the players incoming is far higher than of recent years.
We have some holes in the squad but the club are well aware of those and are pushing hard for more players.
You go on and enjoy your drinking - it might cheer you up a bit (even though your glass will obviously seem half empty).
I’m looking forward to seeing that unproven Slovenian international striker hitting the back of the net.
Ruben Providence on 21:52 - Aug 6 with 3596 viewssons_of_omri

Ruben Providence on 10:34 - Aug 6 by AnotherJohn

Parts of Oxford are posh, but it is a more mixed city than say Cambridge, with a history of car making and printing as well as the university. The Manor Ground was in Headington, which isn't so upmarket. The present Kassam Stadium is near the notorious Blackbird Leys estate, which is quite rough. Yes, Maxwell was a slimy character, but we have had one or two of our own. And yes, culturally Swansea is a world away. Oxford has attractions, but is a very expensive place to live. Believe it or not, when I lived there I always wanted to get back to our city, but it took a while.

I’m living in Cowley now and recently lived in the greater Ley’s. I think the residents there would shudder if dropped in the middle of one of our estates. Oxford’s working classes can’t afford to live in the nice Parts so they tacked on the greater leys as a private owned estate where a lot of people do the 70/30 ownership thing.

Some of the houses slightly north of the city centre are gorgeous - cost a fortune too. It’s a lovely city and thanks to the Luftwaffe ignoring it the beautiful old buildings and universities are breathtaking to look at.
Login to get fewer ads

Ruben Providence on 08:23 - Aug 7 with 3289 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 10:34 - Aug 6 by AnotherJohn

Agree with that
Had a girlfriend ex Glanmor who went to Magdalen and kept in touch for a few years .
It’s beautiful area for sure and again a world away from Swansea .

Oxford has speedway and used to be a very good outfit for years . Their track is in a working class area in Cowley that used to be called Blackbird Leys. It closed in the naughtiest but then reopened with new facilities . Happy memories

Ruben Providence on 12:24 - Aug 7 with 3005 viewshowenjack

Ruben Providence on 08:23 - Aug 7 by onehunglow

Agree with that
Had a girlfriend ex Glanmor who went to Magdalen and kept in touch for a few years .
It’s beautiful area for sure and again a world away from Swansea .

Oxford has speedway and used to be a very good outfit for years . Their track is in a working class area in Cowley that used to be called Blackbird Leys. It closed in the naughtiest but then reopened with new facilities . Happy memories

I've been to the Cowley bmw mini plant. Big factory.
Ruben Providence on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 2958 viewsWhiterockin

Ruben Providence on 19:32 - Aug 5 by KeithHaynes

So is he still here or has he moved on/gone back.
Ruben Providence on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 2878 viewsFireboy2

Ruben Providence on 12:35 - Aug 7 by Whiterockin

Still here according to the BBC sport app.
Ruben Providence on 14:08 - Aug 7 with 2764 viewsKeithHaynes

Ruben Providence on 13:18 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

Still here according to the BBC sport app.

Decision tomorrow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ruben Providence on 14:28 - Aug 7 with 2714 viewsblackpooljack

Ruben Providence on 14:08 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

Decision tomorrow.

With the garbage that was signed last season we'd be mad not to offer this lad a deal even if he wasn't a regular starter he'd be terrific off the bench
Ruben Providence on 14:29 - Aug 7 with 2704 viewsRhonddaSwans

Decision tomorrow.

Is it looking good for us?
Surely he knows we are a better side than Oxford.
He slots into Lukes’ system from what I seen the other day 🤔🧐.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Ruben Providence on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 2703 viewsWhiterockin

Decision tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.
Ruben Providence on 14:43 - Aug 7 with 2688 viewsraynor94

Ruben Providence on 14:29 - Aug 7 by RhonddaSwans

Is it looking good for us?
Surely he knows we are a better side than Oxford.
He slots into Lukes’ system from what I seen the other day 🤔🧐.

They have just signed Matt Phillips from WBA

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ruben Providence on 15:04 - Aug 7 with 2606 viewsonehunglow

Ruben Providence on 14:28 - Aug 7 by blackpooljack

With the garbage that was signed last season we'd be mad not to offer this lad a deal even if he wasn't a regular starter he'd be terrific off the bench

One to keep.
He’s shown more in 20 mins than that jerk from Newcastle showed in all his time with us .

Ruben Providence on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 2380 viewsBoundy

Ruben Providence on 15:04 - Aug 7 by onehunglow

One to keep.
He’s shown more in 20 mins than that jerk from Newcastle showed in all his time with us .

Fingers crossed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ruben Providence on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 2330 viewsFireboy2

Decision tomorrow.

Cheers Keef 👍
Ruben Providence on 20:06 - Aug 7 with 2008 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ruben Providence on 12:35 - Aug 7 by Whiterockin

Hartburg of Austria and valued at around 500k. He's still here allegedly too. I reckon at 500k we'd take a punt.

The Matt Phillips signing, I wouldn't want him, looked good for a while but he flattered to deceive.
Ruben Providence on 08:42 - Aug 8 with 1632 viewsWhiterockin

So decision time today, before they travel up tomorrow.
Ruben Providence on 15:33 - Aug 8 with 1249 viewsKeithHaynes

Very positive, just needs final chats with his club, it’s in our latest report 👍 Williams, Coleman and Watson had a late morning meeting today.

Ruben Providence on 15:46 - Aug 8 with 1199 viewsraynor94

Ruben Providence on 15:33 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

Very positive, just needs final chats with his club, it’s in our latest report 👍 Williams, Coleman and Watson had a late morning meeting today.

The impression I got reading Luke's comments today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ruben Providence on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 716 viewsheatwave

Decision tomorrow.

Any update? Or Have we moved on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024