Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation 19:59 - Apr 5 with 3535 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham have gone, either this week or next.
My personal belief is one win is all the Swans need.

It’s not the best set of circumstances, but we surely can’t mess this up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Relegation on 20:17 - Apr 5 with 2608 viewsjack247

That would leave Huddersfield and Wednesday needing 10 and 11 points respectively. I don’t think they’ll do it and if they do, I’m very confident we’ll finish above Birmingham and Plymouth.

I never thought we would go down and believe we’ve effectively been safe since the Cardiff game.

Not that survival is that survival is impressive, it’s just a relief. Need to do a lot better next season.
Relegation on 20:45 - Apr 5 with 2573 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think we are probably safe but one more win does it. Like 247 says, survival but not impressive and we need to do better.

That'sthe big question though, isn't it, can we do better? Will the board spend what we need to give Williams the players to match his style? I think we can be pretty sure of the answer.
Relegation on 20:49 - Apr 5 with 2560 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation on 20:45 - Apr 5 by SullutaCreturned

I think we are probably safe but one more win does it. Like 247 says, survival but not impressive and we need to do better.

That'sthe big question though, isn't it, can we do better? Will the board spend what we need to give Williams the players to match his style? I think we can be pretty sure of the answer.

The question is should the board give Williams the players to match his style if all we're going to do is ape RM's "efforts" between 2021-2023.

We need to see far more from LW. Something to suggest that he's not just here to copy a system that we already know is useless at this level. Some kind of spark that leads us to believe that we're not going into games with the mindset that simple possession is enough.

So far we haven't really. Been some good stuff, and a lot of crud.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Relegation on 20:54 - Apr 5 with 2553 viewsSullutaCreturned

Relegation on 20:49 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

The question is should the board give Williams the players to match his style if all we're going to do is ape RM's "efforts" between 2021-2023.

We need to see far more from LW. Something to suggest that he's not just here to copy a system that we already know is useless at this level. Some kind of spark that leads us to believe that we're not going into games with the mindset that simple possession is enough.

Oh we will be coycating, it's why LW was brought in. The thing they want is that style of football to be succesful just on the cheap. That is the part that cannot work, as Russell Martin well knew. It's probably why he left.
Relegation on 20:59 - Apr 5 with 2543 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation on 20:54 - Apr 5 by SullutaCreturned

Oh we will be coycating, it's why LW was brought in. The thing they want is that style of football to be succesful just on the cheap. That is the part that cannot work, as Russell Martin well knew. It's probably why he left.

That style doesn't even work on the expensive, as Southampton's current league position demonstrates.

You can achieve success on a budget in this division. We've done it before, as have other teams. You just have to be very smart about it, which is where we've fallen down in recent years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Relegation on 20:59 - Apr 5 with 2546 viewsjack247

It’s not the same football as Martins. There are similarities, but the two biggest criticisms were

Fannying around at the back, passing it around until we got caught and countered
Keeping possession for possessions sake, foregoing chances to attack for fear of losing the ball

We don’t do either of these to anything like the extent we did before.

There’s no point appointing a manager then not backing him because a system played by a guy he used to work under didn’t get us to the playoffs.
Relegation on 21:00 - Apr 5 with 2543 viewsmax936

Said the other day that if we could get 4pts we'll be ok.

I think its likely to be between Plymouth, Millwall, Birmingham, Huddersfield and Sheff Wednesday, Plymouth be on 47 pts later though by looks of it.

Proper 6 pointer tomorrow between Hudds v M'wall, draw game would be a great help to us.
[Post edited 5 Apr 21:04]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Relegation on 21:04 - Apr 5 with 2531 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation on 20:59 - Apr 5 by jack247

It’s not the same football as Martins. There are similarities, but the two biggest criticisms were

Fannying around at the back, passing it around until we got caught and countered
Keeping possession for possessions sake, foregoing chances to attack for fear of losing the ball

We don’t do either of these to anything like the extent we did before.

There’s no point appointing a manager then not backing him because a system played by a guy he used to work under didn’t get us to the playoffs.

There are small differences. There are a lot of similarities. Your fourth line basically sums up our midfield against QPR.

I just want him to be brave. To not resort to a Grimes/Fulton midfield just for the f*cking sake of it. If he's not going to use his entire squad properly then he's no better than his mentor.

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation on 21:14 - Apr 5 with 2511 viewsonehunglow

It’s about who goes down with them.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Relegation on 21:15 - Apr 5 with 2513 viewsjack247

Relegation on 21:04 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

There are small differences. There are a lot of similarities. Your fourth line basically sums up our midfield against QPR.

I just want him to be brave. To not resort to a Grimes/Fulton midfield just for the f*cking sake of it. If he's not going to use his entire squad properly then he's no better than his mentor.

We don’t pass needlessly at the back, we try to get it forward quickly, whilst still playing a passing style.

I’d imagine our possession stats are lower and a higher proportion of it is in the opposition half.

To me, they aren’t minor differences.

The biggest difference, as we both hinted at earlier, is the lack of a consistent goslscorer.

Completely agree about the Grimes/Fulton axis. That’s what we’ll end up with if he’s not backed.
Relegation on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 2460 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation on 21:15 - Apr 5 by jack247

We don’t pass needlessly at the back, we try to get it forward quickly, whilst still playing a passing style.

I’d imagine our possession stats are lower and a higher proportion of it is in the opposition half.

To me, they aren’t minor differences.

The biggest difference, as we both hinted at earlier, is the lack of a consistent goslscorer.

Completely agree about the Grimes/Fulton axis. That’s what we’ll end up with if he’s not backed.

He's got other options now though. He refuses to use them. It's got Porthcawl to do with backing, and in the clubs current financial situation, perhaps the calls for "backing" should lessen.

Relegation on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 2457 viewsFlashberryjack

Rotherham 0 Plymouth 1
Rotherham relegated

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Relegation on 22:13 - Apr 5 with 2417 viewsjack247

Relegation on 21:52 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

He's got other options now though. He refuses to use them. It's got Porthcawl to do with backing, and in the clubs current financial situation, perhaps the calls for "backing" should lessen.

I’m sure with everyone fit, his first choice pairing would be two from Grimes, Allen and Walsh. As we know, that’s not often the case.

Beyond that, he’s got Patino who is your textbook enigma. Gamechanger but also a massive liability
Cooper who is more of a utility attacking impact sub than a starting central midfielder
And Abdulai who those of us who only watch the first team have seen very little of and has also missed a lot of the season through injury.

He’s got as much out of Allen as he thought Allen could manage lately and I’m sure he’ll do the same with Walsh now he’s fit but just lacking match sharpness.
Relegation on 03:43 - Apr 6 with 2293 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m certain Russell Martin still haunts you in your dreams.
And we will remove the post regards him lying unless you can gave some context to the statement.
Like an example.

Relegation on 09:24 - Apr 6 with 2165 viewsDr_Winston

Relegation on 03:43 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

I’m certain Russell Martin still haunts you in your dreams.
And we will remove the post regards him lying unless you can gave some context to the statement.
Like an example.

One shining example. The fact that got so defensive about his nonsense speaks volumes.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-fact-its-not-lie-

Relegation on 09:42 - Apr 6 with 2131 viewsWhiterockin

Relegation on 09:24 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

One shining example. The fact that got so defensive about his nonsense speaks volumes.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-fact-its-not-lie-

Like all former managers they are gone, we move on. But forever grateful for the double double a feat that I believe will never ever be repeated.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Relegation on 10:05 - Apr 6 with 2104 viewsswancity

All of the managers we’ve had here have done a good job since our relegation. With the exception of Michael Duff. He shouldn’t have had the job but that’s another story.

Russell Martin was a very good fit at our club and particularly towards the end of his time here we played some very good football during an 11 ? game unbeaten run. That takes some doing at any level but in the championship especially it’s some achievement. I’m beginning to wonder if he’s attempted to murder Winstons Nan or something similar such is the level of vitriol. Failing that I’m putting it down to jealousy.

We are doing ok. Considering our lack of direction and ambition from the owners. Selling your best players means that you are doing well to retain status. We are doing that, just. Things need to change at the top for us to see progress though.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Relegation on 10:05 - Apr 6 with 2100 viewsonehunglow

I’m just about getting over Russy.
It’s not been easy though as his reincarnation is in situ at our club
I still wonder about the affection Martin has
He’s very clever indeed

Relegation on 12:56 - Apr 6 with 2001 viewsjack247

Honestly think that if he hadn’t been Martins assistant, people wouldn’t think of him as a Martin lite. The biggest similarity is the press conferences, which are starting to edge towards the route of blaming players. I didn’t like it when Cooper did it or when Martin did it and I hope Williams doesn’t go down that road.

If we bring in a better midfielder than Fulton in the summer (in terms of balance not ability) then I’m sure we won’t see him alongside Grimes anything like as much. To Williams’ credit, he’s squeezed as much out of Allen as he could lately and we’ve looked better while he’s on the pitch.

His system has got a long way to go and it clearly doesn’t work as well as he expected it would. It’s not particularly close to the Martin system we all hated though. We play from the back but we try to do it quickly without continually passing between the centre backs and keeper. We try to get it wide and run at defenders. We’re just missing the goalscorer Martin had the luxury of.

Yes, it’s passing football and it’s more similar to Martins than Duffs, but it’s nowhere near carbon copy football.
Relegation on 17:52 - Apr 6 with 1863 viewsReslovenSwan1

Relegation on 09:42 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

Like all former managers they are gone, we move on. But forever grateful for the double double a feat that I believe will never ever be repeated.

Double double = "DOUBE". It is established folklore. Like a comet the "Doube" can occur next in between January - May 2026 at the earliest. The defeat at CCS delayed the next "Doube" by 12 months.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Relegation on 19:31 - Apr 6 with 1757 viewsowainglyndwr

If we can get 4 points in the next 2 home game and we will be comfortably staying up
Relegation on 19:38 - Apr 6 with 1751 viewsKeithHaynes

Relegation on 10:05 - Apr 6 by swancity

All of the managers we’ve had here have done a good job since our relegation. With the exception of Michael Duff. He shouldn’t have had the job but that’s another story.

Russell Martin was a very good fit at our club and particularly towards the end of his time here we played some very good football during an 11 ? game unbeaten run. That takes some doing at any level but in the championship especially it’s some achievement. I’m beginning to wonder if he’s attempted to murder Winstons Nan or something similar such is the level of vitriol. Failing that I’m putting it down to jealousy.

We are doing ok. Considering our lack of direction and ambition from the owners. Selling your best players means that you are doing well to retain status. We are doing that, just. Things need to change at the top for us to see progress though.

This is nothing to do with Russell Martin. He was constructively dismissed as was Steve Cooper, when on the brink this organisation pulls the rug. It’s like voting Jerry Yates as player of the year.

Look forwards.

Relegation on 19:40 - Apr 6 with 1744 viewsKeithHaynes

Relegation on 19:38 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

This is nothing to do with Russell Martin. He was constructively dismissed as was Steve Cooper, when on the brink this organisation pulls the rug. It’s like voting Jerry Yates as player of the year.

Look forwards.

Apologies that was directed at OHL.

Relegation on 08:21 - Apr 7 with 1541 viewsPawelAbbott

Relegation on 19:31 - Apr 6 by owainglyndwr

If we can get 4 points in the next 2 home game and we will be comfortably staying up

The next 3 games will make a big difference to who goes down.
I think we will get 2 home wins and a draw. Then we have more than enough to be safe and can play some of the kids for the final games.
If we get nothing out of those 3 then we are right back in it.
Relegation on 09:46 - Apr 7 with 1454 viewsonehunglow

Relegation on 19:40 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

Apologies that was directed at OHL.

I slipped that one .
Williams is a clone of the firmer coach
He doesn’t haunt me at all.
I just wonder at his support which was excessive
My opinion.
His influence is still there on the pitch
That is directed at you Ken

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising