Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation 19:59 - Apr 5 with 3658 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham have gone, either this week or next.
My personal belief is one win is all the Swans need.

It’s not the best set of circumstances, but we surely can’t mess this up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Relegation on 12:13 - Apr 7 with 909 viewsunion_jack

Relegation on 08:21 - Apr 7 by PawelAbbott

The next 3 games will make a big difference to who goes down.
I think we will get 2 home wins and a draw. Then we have more than enough to be safe and can play some of the kids for the final games.
If we get nothing out of those 3 then we are right back in it.

I think that’s extremely ambitious I’m afraid. I’d like to think we’ll get one win, Rotherham maybe but that’s nowhere near guaranteed because our displays lately have got to be the worst in the league. That said, if results go our way, I’d say one more win and possibly a draw should do it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Relegation on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 906 viewsgrabsplatter

We play possession based football, take too many touches & are way too slow in our build up - similar to Martin's team.
We play a back 4, wingers & aren't giving away goals through overplaying at the back - different to Martin's team.
The mess we're currently in is nothing to do with the previous manager now but absolutely is down to the recruitment in the summer & poor use of the loan market for the last few seasons.
We're pretty much all agreed that playing Grimes & Fulton is a mistake, if we do manage to stay up this season we have to sort this out but like most I have little faith in our recruitment team to do this successfully.
Oh for a Darren Pratley type to add some physicality & athleticism in centre midfield.
Yates & the invisible Ukrainian have been a disaster.
We need a rebuild again but who's going to lead it?
Relegation on 12:44 - Apr 7 with 850 viewsmax936

Relegation on 12:18 - Apr 7 by grabsplatter

We play possession based football, take too many touches & are way too slow in our build up - similar to Martin's team.
We play a back 4, wingers & aren't giving away goals through overplaying at the back - different to Martin's team.
The mess we're currently in is nothing to do with the previous manager now but absolutely is down to the recruitment in the summer & poor use of the loan market for the last few seasons.
We're pretty much all agreed that playing Grimes & Fulton is a mistake, if we do manage to stay up this season we have to sort this out but like most I have little faith in our recruitment team to do this successfully.
Oh for a Darren Pratley type to add some physicality & athleticism in centre midfield.

Can't see Coleman being the guy leading that, he talks well saying all the right things I suppose, but practicality he couldn't find his arse with both hands, he just hasn't got the experience or the footballing nouce.
[Post edited 7 Apr 12:45]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Relegation on 12:55 - Apr 7 with 832 viewsSullutaCreturned

Kuhareyvich can't be called a disaster, he hasn't had a chance. yates just needs miving on.

I think you're right about needing a Pratley type midfielder, our midfield is far too slow and passive.

We don't pfaff around at the back as much but we are still far too slow getting forward and we are toothless in the penalty area. We hardly even manage a shot when we have good chances.

Our away form is bang average, it is at home where we really let ourselves down, the results are more or less even across the season. Only winning 6 at home out of 20 is shocking.

If we lose to Stoke and Rotherham (and they have no ressure anymore) we could be in trouble. Lose to Huddersfield next week as well and we'd have 2 games to save ourselves but would be in a truly awful run of form, low on confidence with the players looking like they don't really care.
Relegation on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 797 viewsgrabsplatter

Relegation on 12:44 - Apr 7 by max936

Can't see Coleman being the guy leading that, he talks well saying all the right things I suppose, but practicality he couldn't find his arse with both hands, he just hasn't got the experience or the footballing nouce.
[Post edited 7 Apr 12:45]

Me neither, he's not a football man so identifying players isn't down to him & whether he's in financial control to sign off the footballing decisions is up for debate
Relegation on 13:27 - Apr 7 with 794 viewsgrabsplatter

Relegation on 12:55 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

Kuhareyvich can't be called a disaster, he hasn't had a chance. yates just needs miving on.

I think you're right about needing a Pratley type midfielder, our midfield is far too slow and passive.

We don't pfaff around at the back as much but we are still far too slow getting forward and we are toothless in the penalty area. We hardly even manage a shot when we have good chances.

Our away form is bang average, it is at home where we really let ourselves down, the results are more or less even across the season. Only winning 6 at home out of 20 is shocking.

If we lose to Stoke and Rotherham (and they have no ressure anymore) we could be in trouble. Lose to Huddersfield next week as well and we'd have 2 games to save ourselves but would be in a truly awful run of form, low on confidence with the players looking like they don't really care.

Allegedly we paid £2 million for a player who 3 managers have barely used. He hasn't started a game & usually isn't in the matchday squad.
On our limited transfer budget how can that be anything other than a disaster??
Relegation on 15:48 - Apr 7 with 723 viewsSullutaCreturned

Relegation on 13:27 - Apr 7 by grabsplatter

Allegedly we paid £2 million for a player who 3 managers have barely used. He hasn't started a game & usually isn't in the matchday squad.
On our limited transfer budget how can that be anything other than a disaster??

The disaster isn't the player himself though. it's the manager not using him even when Yates is a total disaster and Cullen isn't up to much.

He keeps using Fulton and Grimes who are a disaster together in our midfield but he won't even give our other striker a fair chance.

This happened before and many stuck up for the management over Whittaker but he's banging them in for Plymouth. Our EPL loanee has 8, our reject has 19.
Relegation on 15:57 - Apr 7 with 708 viewsonehunglow

We should be be playing possession based football
That’s where we go wrong
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:58]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 673 viewsjack247

Relegation on 15:48 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

The disaster isn't the player himself though. it's the manager not using him even when Yates is a total disaster and Cullen isn't up to much.

He keeps using Fulton and Grimes who are a disaster together in our midfield but he won't even give our other striker a fair chance.

This happened before and many stuck up for the management over Whittaker but he's banging them in for Plymouth. Our EPL loanee has 8, our reject has 19.

The transfer was a disaster without doubt. £2m on a player who three managers haven’t used, despite us not having a goalscorer or any physicality up front.

Combine that with Yates who has really struggled, to the point he looks like he doesn’t want to be out there at the moment and it’s nearly £5m
Relegation on 17:37 - Apr 7 with 609 viewsSullutaCreturned

Relegation on 16:11 - Apr 7 by jack247

The transfer was a disaster without doubt. £2m on a player who three managers haven’t used, despite us not having a goalscorer or any physicality up front.

Combine that with Yates who has really struggled, to the point he looks like he doesn’t want to be out there at the moment and it’s nearly £5m

Honesty, I'd play them both tgether! What if Yates AND Kuhareyvich turned out to be the answer. Ping high balls in and let yates clear up, or Cullen.

Heck pay the three of them, how can we do worse than not score?

And play Grimes as a third centre back, he's often in that position anyway, play him there and be done...

Yes, I am being facetious!
Relegation on 17:46 - Apr 7 with 597 viewsgrabsplatter

Relegation on 15:48 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

As a Swans fan & season ticket holder all I can say is that the transfer has been disastrous whoever is at fault & we can't afford to be blowing a fee like that on a player who doesn't feature.
Whether it's down to the player & off pitch issues, poor training, attitude or anything else I've no idea & until we have the truth from someone at the club neither do you I suspect.
It's not just this manager it's all 3 this season.
Relegation on 22:00 - Apr 8 with 451 viewsHoneyBadger

Relegation on 22:13 - Apr 5 by jack247

I’m sure with everyone fit, his first choice pairing would be two from Grimes, Allen and Walsh. As we know, that’s not often the case.

Beyond that, he’s got Patino who is your textbook enigma. Gamechanger but also a massive liability
Cooper who is more of a utility attacking impact sub than a starting central midfielder
And Abdulai who those of us who only watch the first team have seen very little of and has also missed a lot of the season through injury.

He’s got as much out of Allen as he thought Allen could manage lately and I’m sure he’ll do the same with Walsh now he’s fit but just lacking match sharpness.

The manager should use the game changing ability and not allow the team to be so fragile to a potential loss of possession. Currently nearly all possession is ended by an unnecessary back pass to Rushworth and a hurried clearance. As some have said may be other factors at play, but why take Patino all the way to Middlesborough and not play him when things look so stale and uninspiring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024