Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we all happy now? 16:35 - Jan 5 with 6958 viewsRhonddaSwans

Are we all back on the same side lads?

Remember Luke

•Has not had a pre season

I can't wait for the Southampton game coming up.

That is gonna be a ding dong battle.
LCB and RCB attacking , We have darling that will be perfect for one of them spots.

God alive I am optimistic 💪😎

Look Luke please give the fist bumps.
Don't be afraid to be brave , please just give us a side that is feared again.

Also (get langstaff here 😉)

LUKE WILLIAMS BARMY ARMY 🎉🥳🪖

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Are we all happy now? on 13:00 - Jan 6 with 1402 viewsKeithHaynes

Are we all happy now? on 12:59 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Only thing that concerns me is him not banishing suicidal passing at the back.
Get us winning games
Nothing beats it
Nothing

Suicidal or not passing out from the back will most certainly be a thing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Are we all happy now? on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 1379 viewsunion_jack

Are we all happy now? on 13:00 - Jan 6 by KeithHaynes

Well that’s fine if we start to capitalise on it, invite the high press and pass through it.

But if it is only going to end up giving silly goals away because of personal errors then it needs to be binned or at least modified in some way.

Anyway, we’ll see in due course.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Are we all happy now? on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1358 viewsDr_Winston

Are we all happy now? on 13:04 - Jan 6 by union_jack

Well that’s fine if we start to capitalise on it, invite the high press and pass through it.

But if it is only going to end up giving silly goals away because of personal errors then it needs to be binned or at least modified in some way.

Anyway, we’ll see in due course.

Passing out of defence to beat the press is only half of the solution. There needs to be movement as well. Otherwise you aren't beating the press. You're just inviting it in and making it's job much easier.

As anyone who has witnessed a Swans throw in at any point since about 2015, movement is not something that we do well.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we all happy now? on 13:19 - Jan 6 with 1360 viewsjack247

I think the Martin era scarred people regarding passing out from the back. It’s fine. We did it under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup.

Passing around the back at all costs and never having the inertia to progress through midfield is all we need to avoid. I can’t see how Notts County would have got over 100 points, regardless of level, if they played the way we did the last two seasons.
Are we all happy now? on 13:56 - Jan 6 with 1310 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland just now proving my point
Ally MccCoist says
Absolute madness
You can't do that
Goalkeeper passing it five yds to a teamplayer already under pressure from opposition player who then passes it straight to his cum to stroke the ball into the net

We did this regularly under Russ
Absolute madness indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we all happy now? on 13:59 - Jan 6 with 1309 viewsunion_jack

Are we all happy now? on 13:10 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Passing out of defence to beat the press is only half of the solution. There needs to be movement as well. Otherwise you aren't beating the press. You're just inviting it in and making it's job much easier.

As anyone who has witnessed a Swans throw in at any point since about 2015, movement is not something that we do well.

Absolutely correct of course.

Are we all happy now? on 14:07 - Jan 6 with 1290 viewsSullutaCreturned

it's only suicida; if yu do it when you clearly shoudn't and/or if you don't have players capable. Which we didn't under Russell Martin which is why it rarely worked and we shipped far too many silly goals.
Are we all happy now? on 14:30 - Jan 6 with 1261 viewsjack247

Are we all happy now? on 14:07 - Jan 6 by SullutaCreturned

it's only suicida; if yu do it when you clearly shoudn't and/or if you don't have players capable. Which we didn't under Russell Martin which is why it rarely worked and we shipped far too many silly goals.

We were actually quite good at passing it out from the back. We fell apart when we didn’t have enough midfield options and we ended up trying to force passes that weren’t on or passing our way back into danger.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we all happy now? on 15:10 - Jan 6 with 1209 viewsunion_jack

Don’t know if anyone saw Alan McInally’s feedback from Nansfield regarding the playing out of the back and resulting in a goal😂😂😂😂😂

Are we all happy now? on 17:32 - Jan 6 with 1128 viewsDr_Winston

Are we all happy now? on 14:07 - Jan 6 by SullutaCreturned

If Garry Monk could pass the ball out of defence well enough for Rodgers, then all of the defenders we've had in the last two years should have been good enough to do it.

Unfortunately there's passing the ball out of the back to start moves off, and there's whatever the Hell Martin was trying to get them to do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we all happy now? on 21:17 - Jan 6 with 1066 viewsvetchonian

Are we all happy now? on 17:32 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

If Garry Monk could pass the ball out of defence well enough for Rodgers, then all of the defenders we've had in the last two years should have been good enough to do it.

Unfortunately there's passing the ball out of the back to start moves off, and there's whatever the Hell Martin was trying to get them to do.

Well Martin brought in Darling who had played his way at MKDons...but benched him....we passed out from the back under Cooper....using Naughton,Rodon,Cabango Bennet and of course Guehi....though folk ignore that....lots of examples on you tube.

It wasn't the players it was the tactics of suicidal tikka tikka in frontnof goal when it wasn't on.
the Saints fans criticise him there for the same thing though it seems it happens less there than it did here

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are we all happy now? on 21:25 - Jan 6 with 1034 viewsDr_Winston

Are we all happy now? on 21:17 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

Well Martin brought in Darling who had played his way at MKDons...but benched him....we passed out from the back under Cooper....using Naughton,Rodon,Cabango Bennet and of course Guehi....though folk ignore that....lots of examples on you tube.

It wasn't the players it was the tactics of suicidal tikka tikka in frontnof goal when it wasn't on.
the Saints fans criticise him there for the same thing though it seems it happens less there than it did here

Let's not excuse Cooper. Another manager who had the players to do better than he did but ultimately failed.

But yeah. It will never not be amusing to see the same Russell Martin who spent £2m on both Fisher and Darling and ended up benching both described as "not backed".

Are we all happy now? on 21:32 - Jan 6 with 1031 viewsModeratorD

One hell of a keeper we got there ...
Are we all happy now? on 21:35 - Jan 6 with 1021 viewsswancity

Are we all happy now? on 21:17 - Jan 6 by vetchonian

Tikka Tikka ?

I’d prefer a biriani myself. Failing that a kochi.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we all happy now? on 06:54 - Jan 7 with 952 viewsjack247

Are we all happy now? on 17:32 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

There were so many times when we passed our way through the press, didn’t have the easy ball to a midfielder and were so hell bent on keeping the ball, we’d pass our way back into it and let them have another go.

I doubt it will be that extreme under Williams.
Are we all happy now? on 09:05 - Jan 7 with 898 viewsDr_Winston

Are we all happy now? on 06:54 - Jan 7 by jack247

There were so many times when we passed our way through the press, didn’t have the easy ball to a midfielder and were so hell bent on keeping the ball, we’d pass our way back into it and let them have another go.

I doubt it will be that extreme under Williams.

"There were so many times when we passed our way through the press, didn’t have the easy ball to a midfielder and were so hell bent on keeping the ball, we’d pass our way back into it and let them have another go"

God yes.

Are we all happy now? on 09:10 - Jan 7 with 904 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Are we all happy now? on 21:25 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Let's not excuse Cooper. Another manager who had the players to do better than he did but ultimately failed.

But yeah. It will never not be amusing to see the same Russell Martin who spent £2m on both Fisher and Darling and ended up benching both described as "not backed".

Not sure why you are having a go at Cooper he got us into the playoffs twice. He was far better than Potter who finished mid table with most of his player's having played in the PL the previous season.

Martin tactics of we must make suicidal passes in defence no matter what was clearly wrong.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are we all happy now? on 09:40 - Jan 7 with 869 viewsonehunglow

Are we all happy now? on 09:10 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure why you are having a go at Cooper he got us into the playoffs twice. He was far better than Potter who finished mid table with most of his player's having played in the PL the previous season.

Martin tactics of we must make suicidal passes in defence no matter what was clearly wrong.

It clearly was and the idea we select a goalkeeper as he is “ good with the ball at his feet” damns us,absolutely.
I’d rather a keeper be good with his hands and move
One of their corners yesterday saw him motionless on his line .

Are we all happy now? on 10:12 - Jan 7 with 827 viewscadleigh

I'd say 99% of us are happy now. I know I am. Last night was WAY too soon to make any judgements about how we'll play under him. The only thing I took away from it was that we improved in the second half and that's a positive sign.

I genuinely think we have an opportunity to put the culture wars of the past 4.5 seasons behind us. He's worked with Martin and obviously likes his players to keep possession, but he also likes them to do something with that possession, so both camps should be happy.

The remaining (scatalogical) 1% will never be happy.

Let’s move on together, back the new manager, and hope that he can drive walking football out of this club for good.
[Post edited 7 Jan 11:52]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Are we all happy now? on 10:19 - Jan 7 with 817 viewsSullutaCreturned

Are we all happy now? on 14:30 - Jan 6 by jack247

We were actually quite good at passing it out from the back. We fell apart when we didn’t have enough midfield options and we ended up trying to force passes that weren’t on or passing our way back into danger.

Part of that problem was that grimes kept dropping in between the centre backs which took away a midfield option, where he needed to pass to was where he should have been. That's what kept putting us in trouble. Grimes still drops too deep too often.
Are we all happy now? on 10:21 - Jan 7 with 810 viewsonehunglow

Are we all happy now? on 10:12 - Jan 7 by cadleigh

I'd say 99% of us are happy now. I know I am. Last night was WAY too soon to make any judgements about how we'll play under him. The only thing I took away from it was that we improved in the second half and that's a positive sign.

I genuinely think we have an opportunity to put the culture wars of the past 4.5 seasons behind us. He's worked with Martin and obviously likes his players to keep possession, but he also likes them to do something with that possession, so both camps should be happy.

Let’s move on together, back the new manager, and hope that he can drive walking football out of this club for good.

Scatalogical.
Great word

Are we all happy now? on 10:23 - Jan 7 with 808 viewsGwyn737

Are we all happy now? on 10:12 - Jan 7 by cadleigh

Lots of good points in there, although I’d add the sentence that starts “The remaining 1% will never be happy…” could easily have just stopped there 😉
Are we all happy now? on 10:24 - Jan 7 with 802 viewsDr_Winston

Are we all happy now? on 10:19 - Jan 7 by SullutaCreturned

Part of that problem was that grimes kept dropping in between the centre backs which took away a midfield option, where he needed to pass to was where he should have been. That's what kept putting us in trouble. Grimes still drops too deep too often.

A situation worsened when he's paired up with Fulton because they both do it.

It's the primary reason that for me, if Patino is fit he plays.

Are we all happy now? on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 783 viewsjack247

Are we all happy now? on 10:19 - Jan 7 by SullutaCreturned

True
Are we all happy now? on 11:53 - Jan 7 with 737 viewscadleigh

Are we all happy now? on 10:23 - Jan 7 by Gwyn737

Lots of good points in there, although I’d add the sentence that starts “The remaining 1% will never be happy…” could easily have just stopped there 😉

Sorted (without disappointing Dr W)

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024