Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2023 14:13 - Jan 31 with 30860 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales team for Saturday v Ireland.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, North, Hawkins, Dyer; Biggar, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens (capt), Francis, Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Morgan, Tipuric, Faletau.

Replacements: Baldwin, Carre, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Webb, O Williams, Cuthbert.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:45 - Feb 11 with 2264 viewsbuilthjack

Far worse than the Swans.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:45 - Feb 11 with 2252 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:40 - Feb 11 by waynekerr55

They have to plan for 2027 if you ask me.

Heads should roll at the WRU for whichever doughnut refused Shaun Edwards a 4 year deal and instead dealt it out to Pivac and co

A plan.
You might have said process so thanks

There is no plan,justvsurvival.

Wales look truly beyond and will collect wooden spoon this year .

We look unfit,disorganised and incohesive

Why is Biggar in the squad.
Why is Carre a professional sportsman when he is clearly clinically obese
Why is Liam Williams such a jerk ?
Scotland simply took the pyss

We are shameful now at both rugby and football

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:18 - Feb 11 with 2214 viewsTogg

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:45 - Feb 11 by onehunglow

A plan.
You might have said process so thanks

There is no plan,justvsurvival.

Wales look truly beyond and will collect wooden spoon this year .

We look unfit,disorganised and incohesive

Why is Biggar in the squad.
Why is Carre a professional sportsman when he is clearly clinically obese
Why is Liam Williams such a jerk ?
Scotland simply took the pyss

We are shameful now at both rugby and football

We should have been rebuilding after the last World Cup and not now. It's too late.
Scotland have been playing good Rugby for years but have been flakey. They are now starting to look consistent. Should have beaten the ABs in the Autumn. The same ABs who anihlated us. Yet some thought we were going to turn them over today. We are miles behind. Ireland are the team at the moment. I'm tipping Scotland to beat them at Murrayfield. 🏉
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 2158 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:18 - Feb 11 by Togg

We should have been rebuilding after the last World Cup and not now. It's too late.
Scotland have been playing good Rugby for years but have been flakey. They are now starting to look consistent. Should have beaten the ABs in the Autumn. The same ABs who anihlated us. Yet some thought we were going to turn them over today. We are miles behind. Ireland are the team at the moment. I'm tipping Scotland to beat them at Murrayfield. 🏉

And what was Biggar gobbling at at Dier . He was shyte and missed a kick in front of the posts

He is done

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 2100 viewsmax936

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:39 - Feb 11 by onehunglow

True
This is painful even for anti eggars

Wales at the moment disgust me

Look at Carre and then wonder that he is our best ball carrier . That sums us up .

Rich, negativity kills, Pivac ruined the work Gats did and the legacy he left, its gonna take time, Gats obviously has a plan and is using this 6 nation's to experiment and see what he's got, he get it right.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:12 - Feb 11 with 2095 viewsbuilthjack

Get some more teams in. Same 6 every year can’t be right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:21 - Feb 11 with 2056 viewsFireboy2

Having a good international team is about two vital things, 1. the competition the players play in and 2. The strength in depth of that countries players.

In both cases we are diabolical, the welsh regions are shocking compared to the Irish, scottish and fayre poorly against the french and english, you can also blame pivac for not blooding youngsters early enough and relying on the old guard who are now being embarrassed.

I feel for gatland but he wouldn't have come back if he didn't think he could get wales back up to near the top.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:21]
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 1981 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:21 - Feb 11 by Fireboy2

Having a good international team is about two vital things, 1. the competition the players play in and 2. The strength in depth of that countries players.

In both cases we are diabolical, the welsh regions are shocking compared to the Irish, scottish and fayre poorly against the french and english, you can also blame pivac for not blooding youngsters early enough and relying on the old guard who are now being embarrassed.

I feel for gatland but he wouldn't have come back if he didn't think he could get wales back up to near the top.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 23:21]

Agreed.
The youngsters should have been brought in far earlier

It’s a mess

Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 13:26 - Feb 12 with 1900 viewsTogg

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 09:16 - Feb 12 by onehunglow

Agreed.
The youngsters should have been brought in far earlier

It’s a mess

The horse has well and truly bolted from the stable
Think the best we can do is start planning for the one in 4 years time. However the game has to be sorted in Wales.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 15:36 - Feb 12 with 1868 viewsmagicdaps10

The Wales situation is very similiar to the Swans.

People thought Wales were better than the results Pivac was getting.........we got rid of Pivac and brought the chosen one back.

Reality has hit that we are clearly not as good as people thought.

As for Wales, its going to be a big rebuild, have to get rid of the old heads and blood the youngsters now.......it will be a few years of hurt and learning but in time will come.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 1858 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 15:36 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

People thought Wales were better than the results Pivac was getting.........we got rid of Pivac and brought the chosen one back.

As for Wales, its going to be a big rebuild, have to get rid of the old heads and blood the youngsters now.......it will be a few years of hurt and learning but in time will come.

Think Wales a bigger job as it’s rotten to the core.
We have insipid owners but a change of coach can and will change matters quickly.
Right now,nobody stands out in welsh rugby really .

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:21 - Feb 12 with 1836 viewsmagicdaps10

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 15:42 - Feb 12 by onehunglow

Think Wales a bigger job as it’s rotten to the core.
We have insipid owners but a change of coach can and will change matters quickly.
Right now,nobody stands out in welsh rugby really .

There is plenty of youth for Wales to be excited about

LRZ
IOAN LLOYD
MASON GRADY
JOE HAWKINS
REGAN GRACE
DEWI LAKE
TEDDY WILLIAMS
DAFFYD JENKINS
TOMMY REFFELL
JAC MORGAN
RHYS DAVIES
CHRIST T

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:33 - Feb 12 with 1826 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:21 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

There is plenty of youth for Wales to be excited about

LRZ
IOAN LLOYD
MASON GRADY
JOE HAWKINS
REGAN GRACE
DEWI LAKE
TEDDY WILLIAMS
DAFFYD JENKINS
TOMMY REFFELL
JAC MORGAN
RHYS DAVIES
CHRIST T

Right now, none of them stand out though especially given the chaotic set up we have .

Many could well do so and hope we see them fly at international level ,which is different gravy to Regions

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 1778 viewsKeithHaynes

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:33 - Feb 12 by onehunglow

Right now, none of them stand out though especially given the chaotic set up we have .

Many could well do so and hope we see them fly at international level ,which is different gravy to Regions

Russell Martin has coaching qualifications.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:59 - Feb 12 with 1750 viewstheloneranger

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:42 - Feb 11 by max936

Lowe's try should never have been given right foot definitely touched the floor over the touch line, typical of Barnes siding with the home team.

His foot was definitely 100% in touch. They didn't look at all the angles available.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:05 - Feb 12 with 1749 viewsFireboy2

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:59 - Feb 12 by theloneranger

His foot was definitely 100% in touch. They didn't look at all the angles available.

Unbelievable decision.

Hia foot in was definitely in touch.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 1724 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 15:36 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

People have said youngsters should have been blooded sooner, but Pivac was between a rock and a hard place. He took over an ageing team, was under pressure to produce results and had the media and lots of supporters calling for him to be sacked as the results were poor and he’s supposed to play youngsters which is likely to extend losing streaks!
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:54 - Feb 12 with 1718 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:07 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

Russell Martin has coaching qualifications.

I’ve got several .
I’ve got my music sustifucates somewhere

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:50 - Feb 12 with 1693 viewswaynekerr55

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:05 - Feb 11 by max936

Rich, negativity kills, Pivac ruined the work Gats did and the legacy he left, its gonna take time, Gats obviously has a plan and is using this 6 nation's to experiment and see what he's got, he get it right.

I think this is spot on. After 3.5 years I couldn't for the life of me understand what he was trying to achieve. Hell, even Martin has a plan and an approach, it may not be working but at least you can see what he was trying to do.

The WRU yet again have messed up. The line they "couldn't afford" a 4 year deal for Edwards is clearly nonsense as (a) they've either put Pivac and Co on gardening leave or paid a lump for them to go and (b) Gatland won't be here on the cheap

Heads have to roll

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:51 - Feb 12 with 1691 viewswaynekerr55

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:44 - Feb 12 by majorraglan

People have said youngsters should have been blooded sooner, but Pivac was between a rock and a hard place. He took over an ageing team, was under pressure to produce results and had the media and lots of supporters calling for him to be sacked as the results were poor and he’s supposed to play youngsters which is likely to extend losing streaks!

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record, what was Pivac's plan? In 3.5 years what did he achieve?

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 21:03 - Feb 12 with 1690 viewsmagicdaps10

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 19:44 - Feb 12 by majorraglan

Agree 110%.

Unfortunately fans want instant success and are devoid from the reality......i think some people now see that the problem is a lot more than just the coach with Wales.

Will certainly a few years of hardship before we can challenge once again.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:12 - Feb 12 with 1638 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:51 - Feb 12 by waynekerr55

Without wishing to sound like a stuck record, what was Pivac's plan? In 3.5 years what did he achieve?

2 x 5th place in the 6 Nations and 1 x 1st place in the 6 Nations. I’m not a Scarlets or WP fan, I’m trying to be objective.

The WRU are, in my opinion a huge part of the problem. About 5 years ago the WRU decided Regional Under 23 teams were the way forward, they cut funding to the teams below the Regions and pressed ahead. The Under 23 teams concept crashed and burned and they’ve gone back to the Premiership clubs (semi pro level below the Regions) being the development vehicles. Now we have a situation where some of the Regions are focussing their resources on 1 team and it’s distorting the competition, for example Cardiff RFC get a lot of support from the Blues while Pontypridd get very little, end result Cardiff RFC are about 10 points clear of the next nearest team and drubbing quite a few of their rivals - this isn’t good for the game. Cutting the funding impacts on medical support the teams need, doctors for HIAs, first aiders etc etc. Meanwhile, the Regions are trying to get a bigger share of the pie because they need to offer competitive salaries.

WRU need to relook at what’s going on and make changes at Regional and below Regional level.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 07:54 - Feb 13 with 1601 viewswaynekerr55

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:12 - Feb 12 by majorraglan

2 x 5th place in the 6 Nations and 1 x 1st place in the 6 Nations. I’m not a Scarlets or WP fan, I’m trying to be objective.

The WRU are, in my opinion a huge part of the problem. About 5 years ago the WRU decided Regional Under 23 teams were the way forward, they cut funding to the teams below the Regions and pressed ahead. The Under 23 teams concept crashed and burned and they’ve gone back to the Premiership clubs (semi pro level below the Regions) being the development vehicles. Now we have a situation where some of the Regions are focussing their resources on 1 team and it’s distorting the competition, for example Cardiff RFC get a lot of support from the Blues while Pontypridd get very little, end result Cardiff RFC are about 10 points clear of the next nearest team and drubbing quite a few of their rivals - this isn’t good for the game. Cutting the funding impacts on medical support the teams need, doctors for HIAs, first aiders etc etc. Meanwhile, the Regions are trying to get a bigger share of the pie because they need to offer competitive salaries.

WRU need to relook at what’s going on and make changes at Regional and below Regional level.

Don't apologise, it was a poorly worded question. I should've really honed in on playing style, as that's what I couldn't understand.

But yes, a very sound suggestion. The regional game is on its backside

*edit I not u. I blame OHL he's sold me a dodgy keyboard
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:06]

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 08:54 - Feb 13 with 1587 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 07:54 - Feb 13 by waynekerr55

Don't apologise, it was a poorly worded question. I should've really honed in on playing style, as that's what I couldn't understand.

But yes, a very sound suggestion. The regional game is on its backside

*edit I not u. I blame OHL he's sold me a dodgy keyboard
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:06]

I agree
Good exchanges here in this thread

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 21:40 - Feb 14 with 1423 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales players threatening to strike ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024