Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes, and out 16:58 - Nov 27 with 8657 viewsAndyCole

A waste of a midfield slot behind Grimes

We are so too defensive with Downes anchoring Grimes.

In the 94rd minute today he was our last man defender, wtf.

He had moments previously flunked his lines in a 'Back 4 ', gifting Reading a corner in the dying minutes.

Yet some on here have wanted him to replace our very Best player, captain and leader. Grimesy. Twp as.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 16:59]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes, and out on 09:58 - Dec 1 with 1317 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 09:33 - Dec 1 by Catullus

Was downes at fault for any of the goals we conceded? No but Grimes was.

Were we better or worse when Downes came on, I say better so it's use the arrows as vote time.

What symbiosis has Pato got with Grimes? Pato has developed an understanding with Piroe. Without Downes there Grimes returned to slowing things right down and passing along the back with no forward looking, attacking intent. It was really painful.

Agreed, Grimes is a much better player when he has Downes in the same midfield. Rocket science it ain't to people without agendas.
Downes, and out on 17:44 - Dec 1 with 1228 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 14:31 - Nov 30 by jasper_T

No big lads in the box.

Nonsense, his corners can’t usually beat the first man anyway. I doubt Andy Carroll wouldn’t get a headed goal from a Grimes set piece .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Downes, and out on 17:58 - Dec 1 with 1221 viewsOptimisticJack

Downes is a quality player.
Sweeps up so much in midfield similarly to the way that Leon Britton did.
Appreciate Flynn whilst he's here folks.
He is Premier League quality and I will stick my neck out by saying he could one day play for England.

Optimisticjack

Downes, and out on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 1191 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 17:58 - Dec 1 by OptimisticJack

Downes is a quality player.
Sweeps up so much in midfield similarly to the way that Leon Britton did.
Appreciate Flynn whilst he's here folks.
He is Premier League quality and I will stick my neck out by saying he could one day play for England.

Not such a mad prediction tbh, very talented player and destined for the PL in my humble opinion.
Downes, and out on 21:41 - Dec 1 with 1143 viewsFireboy2

Oh eck fellas, you might have rattled the cage that belongs to the ex yernited and newcastle striker.
Downes, and out on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 1137 viewsDr_Winston

Downes, and out on 21:41 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

Oh eck fellas, you might have rattled the cage that belongs to the ex yernited and newcastle striker.

He doesn't care.

Did a good enough job initially of portraying himself as someone of sensible, if alternative beliefs. The increasingly unhinged output of the last few weeks paints him as nothing other than a Troll, and not a particularly good one at that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Downes, and out on 21:59 - Dec 1 with 1136 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 21:54 - Dec 1 by Dr_Winston

He doesn't care.

Did a good enough job initially of portraying himself as someone of sensible, if alternative beliefs. The increasingly unhinged output of the last few weeks paints him as nothing other than a Troll, and not a particularly good one at that.

That's a good explanation of what he is and what has been going on 👍
Downes, and out on 23:20 - Dec 1 with 1113 viewsAndyCole

Downes, and out on 09:33 - Dec 1 by Catullus

Was downes at fault for any of the goals we conceded? No but Grimes was.

Were we better or worse when Downes came on, I say better so it's use the arrows as vote time.

What symbiosis has Pato got with Grimes? Pato has developed an understanding with Piroe. Without Downes there Grimes returned to slowing things right down and passing along the back with no forward looking, attacking intent. It was really painful.

Oh dear.

A thread about Downes and the best the Downesists can do is ....slag off Martin's pick for captain and leader.

Some folk didn't get no proper education, or should Of listened in class. RTFQ - read the flippin question. Nul Points, not even half a mark for trying.

And still not one single cogent case for the inclusion of Downes, the best we get is: he's a decent lackey for Grimes.

(On a side note - it's as clear as Keith's best Vodka who the Grimes bashers are - clearly never kicked a ball in earnest, certainly never played CM at any level, and never post anything of note about football).

C'mon Flynnedine, it's now only Down to you, your moment to shine and eloquently live up to your perverse internet persona.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Downes, and out on 23:22 - Dec 1 with 1111 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 23:20 - Dec 1 by AndyCole

Oh dear.

A thread about Downes and the best the Downesists can do is ....slag off Martin's pick for captain and leader.

Some folk didn't get no proper education, or should Of listened in class. RTFQ - read the flippin question. Nul Points, not even half a mark for trying.

And still not one single cogent case for the inclusion of Downes, the best we get is: he's a decent lackey for Grimes.

(On a side note - it's as clear as Keith's best Vodka who the Grimes bashers are - clearly never kicked a ball in earnest, certainly never played CM at any level, and never post anything of note about football).

C'mon Flynnedine, it's now only Down to you, your moment to shine and eloquently live up to your perverse internet persona.

Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo.
Downes, and out on 23:55 - Dec 1 with 1103 viewsTreforys_Jack

Oh dear.

Any comment on our talisman contributing 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 70 games despite being on freekick & corner duty?
Downes, and out on 13:31 - Dec 2 with 1038 viewsAndyconky

Downes, and out on 23:55 - Dec 1 by Treforys_Jack

Any comment on our talisman contributing 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 70 games despite being on freekick & corner duty?

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would have a negative opinion of Downes. Having watched him closely this season I think he gives us grit AND style. We should appreciate him whilst he's here. Also I played Centre midfield for Fishponds Athletic in Bristol & District League 6 so feel very qualified to give an opinion!

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Downes, and out on 13:50 - Dec 2 with 1029 viewsmagicdaps10

Downes, and out on 13:31 - Dec 2 by Andyconky

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would have a negative opinion of Downes. Having watched him closely this season I think he gives us grit AND style. We should appreciate him whilst he's here. Also I played Centre midfield for Fishponds Athletic in Bristol & District League 6 so feel very qualified to give an opinion!

I can answer why people would have a negative opinion of Downes.

It is because he was signed by Russell Martin and since day 1 certain posters on here have been against Martin.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Downes, and out on 14:43 - Dec 2 with 998 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Oh dear.

“ And still nothing of substance from the Downesists here. Not even his uber fan”

“Come on Flynnedine, it’s now only Down to you, your moment to shine and eloquently live up to your perverse internet persona.”

I may be reading between the lines a bit here, but is this thread a clandestine endeavour to goad some attention out of me? Have I done something naughty to make you feel this way?
Downes, and out on 15:04 - Dec 2 with 979 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 14:43 - Dec 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

“ And still nothing of substance from the Downesists here. Not even his uber fan”

“Come on Flynnedine, it’s now only Down to you, your moment to shine and eloquently live up to your perverse internet persona.”

I may be reading between the lines a bit here, but is this thread a clandestine endeavour to goad some attention out of me? Have I done something naughty to make you feel this way?

Your username Derrrr 🤣
Downes, and out on 12:56 - Dec 3 with 898 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 23:55 - Dec 1 by Treforys_Jack

Bump
Downes, and out on 23:12 - Dec 3 with 865 viewsAndyCole

Downes, and out on 13:31 - Dec 2 by Andyconky

Maybe because you have missed the context, Conkers.

Downes was (and very often is) the wrong bloke at the wrong time. A decent enough, athletic, tough DCM but not what what we need , most of the time. He flails, he panics, he lunges. He's not a thinking DCM in the mould we need.

A horrendous decision by Martin to bring on such a deep-lying DCM in a game we desperately needed to get on the front foot in the opposing half. We sank deeper, and deeper with Downes, we were Down 'n out. Downes fluffed his lines, we had no go-fwd momentum, we were backpedalling.

Walsh was a far better option.

Downes, and out on 00:33 - Dec 4 with 855 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 23:12 - Dec 3 by AndyCole

Maybe because you have missed the context, Conkers.

Downes was (and very often is) the wrong bloke at the wrong time. A decent enough, athletic, tough DCM but not what what we need , most of the time. He flails, he panics, he lunges. He's not a thinking DCM in the mould we need.

A horrendous decision by Martin to bring on such a deep-lying DCM in a game we desperately needed to get on the front foot in the opposing half. We sank deeper, and deeper with Downes, we were Down 'n out. Downes fluffed his lines, we had no go-fwd momentum, we were backpedalling.

Walsh was a far better option.

And he has summoned enough strength to crawl from under his stone.

Now then, are we going to lose today, therefore be graced by your unfortunate presence or are we going to win and you crawl back under?

Who knows? Who cares 🤷‍♂️
Downes, and out on 08:33 - Dec 4 with 827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 12:56 - Dec 3 by Treforys_Jack

Bump

A question that will never directly be answered by Andy Dole as he can’t argue against facts. Take Grimes out of the equation and I bet Downes scores sooner or later. And collectively as a team we start scoring far more freely.

Downes, and out on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 801 viewsCatullus

Downes, and out on 23:22 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo.

A fair, if quite generous comment!

He should try playing with his marbles, if he can find them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Downes, and out on 19:32 - Dec 4 with 760 viewsAndyCole

Update:

- An utter waste of a midfield slot behind Grimes.

Downes, and out on 19:38 - Dec 4 with 756 viewsDJack

Downes, and out on 09:29 - Dec 4 by Catullus

A fair, if quite generous comment!

He should try playing with his marbles, if he can find them.

I was playing with my marbles today... apparently you are not allowed to do that in a public place.🤣

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Downes, and out on 19:49 - Dec 4 with 735 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 19:32 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

Update:

Downes, and out on 19:55 - Dec 4 with 721 viewsonehunglow

Downes is wasted with this coach.
Grimes is amongst the wort captains we have ever had
He is amongst the worst tacklers,shooters and tacticians.
He i our most overated player of all time,unquestionably .He literally hides when things get tough as they did today.
He slows us down and offers nowt YET,this coach sees him as an architect;enough reason alone to wonder just wtf Martin is about.
When will the penny drop?

I am even more fearful as more fans are being taken in by this deeply devious narrative. Long term project it is not as he wont be around .Results will see to that.

We will be losing a decent prospect in Whittaker,are ruining Cabango and farking Bennett about-a solid enough defender. We are playing Rhys Williams who is 6-5 ,built like a locust with no pace at all.Managers and players are targetting him and we suffer. He will go back but we still have the same issue;a coach who is clueless,arrogant and manipulative. Ive never felt such anger towards a coach of my club.

My people are being taken for a ride.

It hurts like hell.

If I were Downes,I d take the first offer than comes along in January and then we would would really see the damage Martin is doing. As for Hamer- looks like he'll be replaced by a MK Dons kid who's not seen as a very goo shot stopper. And we're happy with this?

A tip for Russy. Go back to a back 4 and dump the fey Kyle Naughton a a centre half .He aint. Boot the ball forward instead of backwards and make sure the excellent Piroe gets chances .This fella could well be off in January knowing our clowns for owners .

Right now, we're an Eton Mess.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Downes, and out on 20:39 - Dec 4 with 710 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 19:32 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

Update:

He was far far far better than grimsey today, I should know because I went to the game unlike yourself.

He did 90 mins, put himself about, didn't give the ball away and especially in the second half he drove forward looking to create an opening, he did far more than your beloved grimesey,
Downes, and out on 20:46 - Dec 4 with 706 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 20:39 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

He was far far far better than grimsey today, I should know because I went to the game unlike yourself.

He did 90 mins, put himself about, didn't give the ball away and especially in the second half he drove forward looking to create an opening, he did far more than your beloved grimesey,

If only RM could see it but he’s not got the guts to drop his captain. How Rhys Williams got another game also bemuses me if I’m honest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024