Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:10 - Sep 26 with 20581 viewsNotLoyal

The reason this is a thing
Swansea City head to south London on Wednesday undefeated in the last four games with three draws and a win. Fulham are going through a slight blip bit are favourites to take all the points in this game. Manager Marco Silva isn’t under any pressure as yet but if the swans do pull off a result as Reading did earlier in the month, then he may well start to feel some pressure.

Fulham facts and stuff
Fulham used to be in Kent before it was moved to ‘Sarf Landan’ It’s a friendly place, full of people who want to run antique shops and deli’s that open for an hour on a Sunday morning. Bananarama live inside Craven Cottage and have done so since the cruel summer of 1983. An example of how posh the area is - The Hurlingham, which famous for polo, golf and croquet with its Georgian clubhouse nestled amongst stunning 42 acre grounds is in Fulham. It has a fifteen year waiting list. This of course is a long time to wait for anything. Especially for a snobby English game called croquet, by the time you get a game bats will have changed design dramatically. And probably be made out of cheese. Fulham is an area belonging to an Anglo-Saxon area called Fulla, but rather than the usual 'ham' meaning homestead, this one was originally 'hamm', signifying a bend in the river. Nothing like a bend in your river. Clearly this is wrong as it’s now historically accepted that Fulham changed its name in 1954 after the great riots of greatness. The riots were remembered as being so great they were copied in 1982 in Brixton which at the time was in Bedford.

Pruton’s pear shaped prediction
“Fulham have just slipped a little in recent games in terms of results, and have at times looked a little less than the sum of their parts. It just proves how tough this league is, considering there was early talk of how they may well have run away with it. “Swansea got back to winning ways on Saturday with a narrow victory over Huddersfield. It will have done Russell Martin the world of good in what is surely a season of consolidation for them, but I think Fulham will have too much at Craven Cottage.”

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55887/fulham-v-swansea-c

Flynn gets down with the press

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55903/swansea-city-fall-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:35 - Sep 29 with 1222 viewsWalterBoyd

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:27 - Sep 29 by Witneyjack

Has a Swans fan shagged Keith Andrews Mrs or something? I don't think I've heard him have a good word to say about us whenever he commentates on our games.

I am struggling to find a good word about us at the moment.

Being totally outclassed.

Mitrovic is clinical finishing.

Back 3 for us is not working.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:36 - Sep 29 with 1196 viewsKeithHaynes

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:35 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

Outclassed because we are watching them play.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 with 1196 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:32 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Cabango was tracking Mitrovic before letting him go without giving Naughton the chance to adjust.

All three goals firmly the fault of Cabango. Shocking. One of the worst individual performances I've seen in a while.

Understandably walks off the field with his head in his hands.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 with 1187 viewsjackrabbit

A classy brilliant piece of play from one of our most inventive players. Excellent goal by Paterson. Can people stop posting crap about ‘not targeting ‘ Mitrovic. He and Kebano are too good for our defence. You’ve got to get near him to target him. We’re up against a first rate team and we’re doing as well as could be expected.
Our defence is being exposed tonight. They can’t live with Mitrovic. We must have a better central defender than Cabango?
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Thi is what happens when we meet the better teams if we play as Russ demands. We have not the strength to play this way. We will get torn to piece.

We should never have Naughton and Manning as 2 of a 3 man back 3.Ever.

Mitro is enjoying himself as he is a bully and people like Nuaghton lack courage to deal with physicality. In other words,an outside lavatory on legs.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 with 1178 views34dfgdf54

Fulham look a very good outfit.

Always going to be a tough ask here, the Ntcham injury has put a big dampener on us though.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:38 - Sep 29 with 1157 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:34 - Sep 29 by max936

Mitrovic is walking through us, hattrick in first half, one being clearly offside to anyone with eyes though.
They've been different class though, far to pacy in attack for us.

When you play a non pacy Central player against a pacy winger, isn't the pacy wing back supposed to come back and help?
Or is that old fashioned football.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:38 - Sep 29 with 1151 viewsmahoss

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:35 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

We are absolutely clueless.....
I don’t see anything positive at the moment,
Can’t keep giving away goals like this.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:39 - Sep 29 with 1130 viewsKeithHaynes

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

Thi is what happens when we meet the better teams if we play as Russ demands. We have not the strength to play this way. We will get torn to piece.

Mitro is enjoying himself as he is a bully and people like Nuaghton lack courage to deal with physicality. In other words,an outside lavatory on legs.

Allowing a bully free reign means you become bullied.
They need to stand up and be counted.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:39 - Sep 29 with 1124 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I thought we should have got to the ball before him before his third. I switched on at 2-0 and thought we were playing well until the goal. We’re wasting balls forward and turning over possession too often

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:39 - Sep 29 with 1117 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

A classy brilliant piece of play from one of our most inventive players. Excellent goal by Paterson. Can people stop posting crap about ‘not targeting ‘ Mitrovic. He and Kebano are too good for our defence. You’ve got to get near him to target him. We’re up against a first rate team and we’re doing as well as could be expected.
Our defence is being exposed tonight. They can’t live with Mitrovic. We must have a better central defender than Cabango?

They've won 1 out of their last 4 matches.

They're not Wenger's invincibles.

Russell Martin has been made to look a fool.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:40 - Sep 29 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

Why not target a lethal goalscorer to dtop him as best you can. Crap to think otherwise really.

It's rather embarrassing really but Russ will be praising the lads after the game ,as he does.

We are very vulnerable with Bennett and Rhys Williams is a poor loanas we need experience and physicality. Its why Mitro has no competition really.He can do what he likes.

HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE TO US.

--------------------------------------------

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:40 - Sep 29 with 1098 viewsmax936

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:35 - Sep 29 by el_pancho

Totally agree. He looks lost out there. Every pass is short and gets intercepted or a player has to track back to get it. Making been woeful and no pace.

Naughton not any good either.

Naughton has been as bad, he's chasing shadows, but another being played out of position, where's Grimes been this half, and Bidwell, there's more than Cabango and Naughton out there that are culpable for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 29 with 1093 viewsCatullus

Cabango has had a mare and has cost us dear.

The positional stats showed our wing backs are our furthest forward players, why have wing backs, why not get proper wingers...with pace? Bidwell has donw well for us but he hasn't the pace to chase down long balls, to trouble full backs.

Why are we so loose defensively? We lose the ball and everyone seems to go into ball watching mode.

Piroe is dropping too deep looking for the ball. It worked when he set Pato up but otherwise, with no runners he gets the ball and has no pass on. Then we play a long ball up and he's not there. Not that our long balls forward have been accurate enough.

This back three, Cabango is getting murdered for pace and Naughton cannot cope with Mitrovic's physicality, they should swap maybe? Cabango can match Mitro for the high balls but can Naughts cope with pace?

I think Martin has screwed up selection tonight. I'm all for a settled team, when you have players in their proper positions and playing well. This set up tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if we conceded a few more.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 29 with 1081 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:37 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

How should we play then? Perhaps these players are not capable of playing any better?
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:44 - Sep 29 with 1038 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is what happens when a Manager is totally out of his depth.
With his push for more intensity we are going to lose more players to ligament and muscle damage.
Just keep believing it must get better.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:44 - Sep 29 with 1029 viewsLittleEnglandJack

To add a bit of context, the difference in scoreline is probably something to do with the Premier league squad they have. And the fact they could go and spend 12m on Wilson in the transfer window.

We haven't helped ourselves but our season isn't going to be made or broke by taking a tonking at Fulham, if that's what ends up happening.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1024 viewsjackrabbit

Cabango playing alongside Guehi is a much better player than when Cabango is not playing alongside Guehi.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1020 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

How should we play then? Perhaps these players are not capable of playing any better?

Hate this formation.

Have said so since the start.

Last game was better as we were less flat with Naughton sweeping and Cabango and Manning tighter. We’ve gone flat again and it doesn’t work.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:46 - Sep 29 with 997 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

You asking me?

We playing manager then .

Cant do that sorry as I would have got rid of Naughton at the first opportunity.

Manning too,an utter craphouse

In their place I would have sourced two physical braver players

As for this lot, it's difficult really but first abandon the pretty footyy drivel which sees the better teams imply carve right through us ,straight down the middle. Now there's a clue. Grimes -man in the middle- a great .A captain!.

Think I 'll leave it there for you you offer platitudes and excuses for this garbage

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Sep 29 with 946 viewsFlashberryjack

Our defence is an utter shambles, and it's not as if we didn't know about the quality and strength of Mitrović to prepare for him.

I'm hoping for the best in the 2nd half, but I fear for the worse, could be a cricket score with Mitrović running riot against a defence that doesn't know if it wants a sh*t or an haircut..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:49 - Sep 29 with 930 viewsCatullus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:44 - Sep 29 by LittleEnglandJack

To add a bit of context, the difference in scoreline is probably something to do with the Premier league squad they have. And the fact they could go and spend 12m on Wilson in the transfer window.

We haven't helped ourselves but our season isn't going to be made or broke by taking a tonking at Fulham, if that's what ends up happening.

As critical as Ijust was, yes we have to remember Fulham are pretty much the same team as last season, with a 12 million addition.

It doesn't change some things though, too many ball watchers and Cabango really is having a mare!

We need Obafemi's pace, we always look more dangerous with him in. I hope he isn't another sicknote. Walsh was a gamble, we can't afford too many regular abesntees.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:49 - Sep 29 with 927 viewsLuther27

Why isn’t Cabango the central of a back 3 on Mitrovich?
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:50 - Sep 29 with 910 viewsicecoldjack

Its all a bit naff really . Bin Grimes and Cabango please, one is an alleged captain who is a spesialist in passing to the opposition and takes a vow of silence before each game, the other hasn’t learnt to pass and has no abililty to read a game, absolute liabilities with this style of play.

Its exciting football but for all the wrong reasons, All icing and no cake, all a bit naff.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:50 - Sep 29 with 905 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:48 - Sep 29 by Flashberryjack

Our defence is an utter shambles, and it's not as if we didn't know about the quality and strength of Mitrović to prepare for him.

I'm hoping for the best in the 2nd half, but I fear for the worse, could be a cricket score with Mitrović running riot against a defence that doesn't know if it wants a sh*t or an haircut..

Its what I refered to at another thread .This cannot be a surprise to anyone at all apart from Russy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024