Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! 13:39 - Sep 23 with 16104 viewsModeratorC

Oh what a huge derby game for the smaller Welsh clubs.

It’s on a Sunday, 3pm KO.

And it’s LIVE on Sky as the featured game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63038/swans-look-to-cove

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63043/the-big-game-build

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63050/full-steam-ahead-f

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:26 - Sep 29 with 1920 viewsjacksfullaces

last few games we picked up the points without dominating. should be good for mid table but will lose a few soon and that will be parr for the course.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:27 - Sep 29 with 1913 viewspete

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:08 - Sep 29 by pete

to me this shows how lightweight in quality our squad is, with no disrespect to any player butbthe min we take off our first choices we give up the control , game we could and should have won, now a really hard game on wednesday

Williams not happy on sky his words i think are a message to the board room but deff not his happy self
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 1868 viewsJust_Dave

It's concerning how we regress around the 70min mark. We need a second goal as we struggle to see games out.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:32 - Sep 29 with 1858 viewsLegend83

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:27 - Sep 29 by pete

Williams not happy on sky his words i think are a message to the board room but deff not his happy self

To be fair he needs a look in the mirror.

How many times have we tried to preserve a 1-0 lead and failed because we don't give the opposition anything to think about.

Why persist with Abdulai on the wing when we needed energy in midfield (sorry, but Joe is past it)? Why bring on Key who looked good, but pair him with a knackered and crap Ronald?

What did Peart-Harris offer that Vipotnik wasn't? At least Zan was trying to link play a bit.

Yes, we don't have strength in depth but we are still trying to put the good pegs we have in the wrong holes!
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:41 - Sep 29 with 1763 viewsDr_Winston

Basically a carbon copy of the Cardiff game. A not very good side who we could have put to the sword if the will had been there but in the end will probably be disappointed not to have come away with three points.

Franco was below his recent standards but his partner in the middle made him look like prime Gerrard today. I almost started laughing at the amount of times that our chief playmaker ended up passing it to one of our centre halves to distribute the ball properly. I don't think anyone can be in any doubt now that Grimes is undroppable no matter how crap he plays, and that's on Williams. When Franco went off our game was basically done.

Ronald was hopeless, Eom did well. Vipotnik did well with almost no decent service. One to forget unless we learn from it.
[Post edited 29 Sep 17:43]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:41 - Sep 29 with 1745 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:32 - Sep 29 by Legend83

To be fair he needs a look in the mirror.

How many times have we tried to preserve a 1-0 lead and failed because we don't give the opposition anything to think about.

Why persist with Abdulai on the wing when we needed energy in midfield (sorry, but Joe is past it)? Why bring on Key who looked good, but pair him with a knackered and crap Ronald?

What did Peart-Harris offer that Vipotnik wasn't? At least Zan was trying to link play a bit.

Yes, we don't have strength in depth but we are still trying to put the good pegs we have in the wrong holes!

He’s a crap coach
We still have a captain that kills momentum rather than start it .
What for gods sake is he doing playing where Cabango should be
Ben is a decent defender ,Grimes isn’t
He gets in the way as much as anything
We can’t and don’t finish off moves . This is down to coaching too. It’s what the game is about .
Sorry,but Lukey is yet another coach who really doesn’t

Thought VIP played ok and often alone. Again coaching or lack of it
Joe ,I’m afraid is a pale shadow of what he was and should never have been given another contract
Also today saw how Naughton is a yellow card awalking .
Just why start him before Key

It was a good game though we were lucky to get a point

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:47 - Sep 29 with 1719 viewsLegend83

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:41 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

Basically a carbon copy of the Cardiff game. A not very good side who we could have put to the sword if the will had been there but in the end will probably be disappointed not to have come away with three points.

Franco was below his recent standards but his partner in the middle made him look like prime Gerrard today. I almost started laughing at the amount of times that our chief playmaker ended up passing it to one of our centre halves to distribute the ball properly. I don't think anyone can be in any doubt now that Grimes is undroppable no matter how crap he plays, and that's on Williams. When Franco went off our game was basically done.

Ronald was hopeless, Eom did well. Vipotnik did well with almost no decent service. One to forget unless we learn from it.

I sometimes consider handing my Swans card in when I see Grimes walking the ball out of the box in the 89th minute when we need a goal.

He was dreadful today, totally outclassed by his opposite number.

A final word for Vigs who was excellent again.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:51 - Sep 29 with 1661 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:47 - Sep 29 by Legend83

I sometimes consider handing my Swans card in when I see Grimes walking the ball out of the box in the 89th minute when we need a goal.

He was dreadful today, totally outclassed by his opposite number.

A final word for Vigs who was excellent again.

Yes. LV has been an excellent acquisition.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:55 - Sep 29 with 1642 viewsBarrySwan

I genuinely think that we could be looking at something really promising here.

If we can just add a couple of central defenders , find a winger who might be able to beat my granny in a 20 yard dash.

Scout out another 4 or 5 players who actually can trap a bag of cement and/or pass the ball 5 yards to their own side, and I think that we could have something special on our hands here.

All crafted by a promising young manager who has almost got the side purring like a finely tuned engine.
[Post edited 1 Oct 0:03]
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:59 - Sep 29 with 1593 viewsJust_Dave

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:41 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

It was like watching a re run of the Cardiff game. I didn't enjoy that either.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:10 - Sep 29 with 1517 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:58 - Sep 29 by theloneranger

Ronald may as well have stayed in bed this morning - didn't beat his man all match!!

One good thing he did was hold onto keeper for our goal. Ref missed that.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:13 - Sep 29 with 1445 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:55 - Sep 29 by BarrySwan

I genuinely think that we could be looking at something really promising here.

If we can just add a couple of central defenders , find a winger who might be able to beat my granny in a 20 yard dash.

Scout out another 4 or 5 players who actually can trap a bag of cement and/or pass the ball 5 yards to their own side, and I think that we could have something special on our hands here.

All crafted by a promising young manager who has almost got the side purring like a finely tuned engine.
[Post edited 1 Oct 0:03]

Grimes trapped the ball beautifully today, did you miss that? Yes, the one with his head😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 1333 viewsTreforys_Jack

It's incredibly frustrating to see us getting in very promising positions, only to end up losing the ball or passing it back towards the halfway line. Cowardly choices being made, no leadership, no-one prepared to be brave, it was wet and windy, their keeper looked dodgy and we still didn't really test him from distance. The lack of urgency in the side with time running out is mind boggling. Ronald is very poor atm, no pace and easily knocked off the ball.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:32 - Sep 29 with 1281 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:27 - Sep 29 by Treforys_Jack

It's incredibly frustrating to see us getting in very promising positions, only to end up losing the ball or passing it back towards the halfway line. Cowardly choices being made, no leadership, no-one prepared to be brave, it was wet and windy, their keeper looked dodgy and we still didn't really test him from distance. The lack of urgency in the side with time running out is mind boggling. Ronald is very poor atm, no pace and easily knocked off the ball.

Summed up by that moment late in the first half when we must have created three or four openings out wide good enough to allow a crossing opportunity, only to eventually end up back on the halfway line.

Some things we're getting better at. There was some nice interplay going forward at times in the first half, but we seem completely unable to keep it going for a full game.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:59 - Sep 29 with 1142 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:59 - Sep 29 by Just_Dave

It was like watching a re run of the Cardiff game. I didn't enjoy that either.

To be honest, it wasn’t much different to the Norwich or Coventry games either, we just hung on for the win in those.

The overall performance was better at Coventry, but the pattern is pretty clear. We are the better team in the first half, run out of steam and can’t cope with the physicality and fitness of teams coming back at us, particularly in the last half hour.

Williams will get some flak for that, but I actually think he’s doing a remarkable job, given as he’s effectively had one striker (Cullen until now, Vipotnik today) and no one to come in for Ronald or Eom when they start to fade (Bianchini looks at least a stone away from being a viable option). We’re always going to fade until he can bring in subs that don’t weaken us.

On the positive side, Vipotnik noticeably didn’t press as much today and as a result lasted 70 minutes and looked more of a threat in the first half. Couldn’t really judge in the second half as he had next to no service.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:00 - Sep 29 with 1136 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63054

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:08 - Sep 29 with 1065 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 18:32 - Sep 29 by Dr_Winston

Summed up by that moment late in the first half when we must have created three or four openings out wide good enough to allow a crossing opportunity, only to eventually end up back on the halfway line.

Some things we're getting better at. There was some nice interplay going forward at times in the first half, but we seem completely unable to keep it going for a full game.

We do that in fits and starts in the first half when everyone is firing. Forget it in the second half. I can’t see that happening until we strengthen our bench substantially.

It’s been a different game since the 5 subs rule was introduced. Other clubs have got to grips with that. We seem to be stuck in the past in that regard.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:15 - Sep 29 with 1031 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 16:56 - Sep 29 by Swans9

Never take Franco off but I get it in a way if he gets injured we fly down table

He tires as well. He works hard. I can see the logic of him playing most of the game then Allen replacing him.

Didn’t think he had his best game today, but he has set the bar high.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:16 - Sep 29 with 1016 viewsonehunglow

At one stage tiday,Grimes accepted the ball on the CH position,put his foot on the ball,looked up and passed it direct to the opposition.
And he’s undroppable
There’s our issue
I’m not surprised he loves the City .
Nobody wants him,apart from us

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:46 - Sep 29 with 843 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:15 - Sep 29 by jack247

He tires as well. He works hard. I can see the logic of him playing most of the game then Allen replacing him.

Didn’t think he had his best game today, but he has set the bar high.

3 games in 6 days all the players need to be managed this week.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:49 - Sep 29 with 820 viewsRichardO

We looked good going forward in the left but Tymon needs to get closer to his winger preventing balls to feet as the number of crosses coming in will hurt us in the long run.
The righthand side isn't working, Ronald dropping back to halfway line not enough support from the midfield with Grimes dropping back to the right back position where Naughton and Key have been guilty of pushing to on too soon but that is what they have been asked to do.
The Bristol defence looked ropey in the middle and yet after Bristol sorted out their formation to stifle us down the left we did not counter that formation, nothing wrong we pulling the wingers in tighter to the centreforward leaving space for the fullbacks while putting more pressure on dodgy centrehalves. We really must be coached to counter opposition changes instead on trying something that isn't working.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:58 - Sep 29 with 784 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 17:41 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

He’s a crap coach
We still have a captain that kills momentum rather than start it .
What for gods sake is he doing playing where Cabango should be
Ben is a decent defender ,Grimes isn’t
He gets in the way as much as anything
We can’t and don’t finish off moves . This is down to coaching too. It’s what the game is about .
Sorry,but Lukey is yet another coach who really doesn’t

Thought VIP played ok and often alone. Again coaching or lack of it
Joe ,I’m afraid is a pale shadow of what he was and should never have been given another contract
Also today saw how Naughton is a yellow card awalking .
Just why start him before Key

It was a good game though we were lucky to get a point

Have to say I agree about LW and there is no sign of improvement. Moving forward Swansea remain poor. Ronald and Eom need to get ball in the middle not 2" from either touchline. Not sure I saw a single pass forward into the centre today. LW seems to prefer ineffective piddling about on the wings, rarely resulting in any danger to the opposing team. Feed balls into the middle while breaking forward at pace and put Eom and Ronald in there to finish them off.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 20:04 - Sep 29 with 745 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 19:58 - Sep 29 by HoneyBadger

Have to say I agree about LW and there is no sign of improvement. Moving forward Swansea remain poor. Ronald and Eom need to get ball in the middle not 2" from either touchline. Not sure I saw a single pass forward into the centre today. LW seems to prefer ineffective piddling about on the wings, rarely resulting in any danger to the opposing team. Feed balls into the middle while breaking forward at pace and put Eom and Ronald in there to finish them off.

He is utterly inept
He has improved nobody
We have some half decent players
However,they are held back by him
He is ruining players
He is mis selecting players
I don’t think the players are happy
Ronald btw is a typical example of what I mean.
Started off like a train now he’s pretty much hitting the buffers

Right now, he is absolutely a liability and he’s not a bad player ,simply one miscoached .

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 20:14 - Sep 29 with 692 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 20:04 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

He is utterly inept
He has improved nobody
We have some half decent players
However,they are held back by him
He is ruining players
He is mis selecting players
I don’t think the players are happy
Ronald btw is a typical example of what I mean.
Started off like a train now he’s pretty much hitting the buffers

Right now, he is absolutely a liability and he’s not a bad player ,simply one miscoached .

Can’t agree with this at all.

20 man matchday squads and 5 substitutions are making it more like rugby where the half backs and front row are routinely subbed after an hour and it’s effectively a different team for the last 20 minutes.

We aren’t in a position to do that, most clubs are. He broadly makes the same substitutions every game - full back, two central midfielders, one winger and the striker. He’s forced into putting square pegs into at least two of those holes.

It’s no surprise to me that we are usually the better team in the first half and never are in the second half. Other teams go up a gear in the last 20/30 minutes while we limp through with a patched up team.

Cooper and Cabango have definitely improved this season.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! on 20:32 - Sep 29 with 619 viewsRichardO

Are we carrying Grimes?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024