Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay 14:15 - Aug 30 with 4107 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62890/

Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 14:38 - Aug 30 with 3002 viewsdobjack2

Offer League 1 wages, lose Championship players, replace with League 1 players, end up playing League 1 football.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 15:20 - Aug 30 with 2764 viewsheatwave

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 14:38 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

Offer League 1 wages, lose Championship players, replace with League 1 players, end up playing League 1 football.

Absolutely.
You hear get rid we need better. That's happened over the years. What happens? We get rid and they are not replaced with better.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 15:33 - Aug 30 with 2704 viewsRichardO

Will be interesting to see have Congreve and Josh get on at Bromley if they are playing a different style of play, Congreve has usually played 70mins and then has been replace. Played most games as well.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:03 - Aug 30 with 2523 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 15:20 - Aug 30 by heatwave

Absolutely.
You hear get rid we need better. That's happened over the years. What happens? We get rid and they are not replaced with better.

We’re a well run club
Apparently

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:21 - Aug 30 with 2434 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:03 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

We’re a well run club
Apparently

I think we are, as much as is possible.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:28 - Aug 30 with 2374 viewsDr_Winston

The question is do we make a player who isn't really of the standard required for a team aiming for the top end of the table a "proper" offer?

If, as mooted, he's on around £3-4,000 a week then for me that's probably about the level we should be looking to pay him anyway. If he thinks he can earn more elsewhere then good luck to him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:33 - Aug 30 with 2345 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:28 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

The question is do we make a player who isn't really of the standard required for a team aiming for the top end of the table a "proper" offer?

If, as mooted, he's on around £3-4,000 a week then for me that's probably about the level we should be looking to pay him anyway. If he thinks he can earn more elsewhere then good luck to him.

He definitely can, sticking point is the fee. Salary won’t be a problem for most championship clubs to double it.

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:39 - Aug 30 with 2295 viewsAnotherJohn

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:33 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

He definitely can, sticking point is the fee. Salary won’t be a problem for most championship clubs to double it.

Would a contract specifying a base element plus a performance-related element, perhaps based on appearances, goals and assists be a possibility?
Login to get fewer ads

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 2258 viewsdobjack2

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:28 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

Are we seriously aiming for the top end of the table though?
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:49 - Aug 30 with 2248 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:39 - Aug 30 by AnotherJohn

Would a contract specifying a base element plus a performance-related element, perhaps based on appearances, goals and assists be a possibility?

You would have thought things like that would have been explored.

With Cullen, Darling and Cabango it’s a case of the club listening to offers for me.

And then see what we have tomorrow.

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:56 - Aug 30 with 2194 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:21 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

I think we are, as much as is possible.

I respect your opinion

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 17:03 - Aug 30 with 2166 viewsWhiterockin

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 16:49 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

You would have thought things like that would have been explored.

With Cullen, Darling and Cabango it’s a case of the club listening to offers for me.

And then see what we have tomorrow.

I think Cullens basic wage is under £3k bonuses take it up to £3.5 which he is getting because he is starting. Didn't he ask for 3 years £4K/£5.5K/£7K and his agent said they were prepared negotiate and the club said a flat no and implemented the extension.

Please correct me if I am way off.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 18:41 - Aug 30 with 1969 viewstheloneranger

Oxford supposedly showing a late interest in Cullen.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 18:53 - Aug 30 with 1913 viewsonehunglow

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 18:41 - Aug 30 by theloneranger

If he goes,then what ?
It’s crazy concept

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:43 - Aug 30 with 1840 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think we need better but honestly, if Cullen goes then I half expect we won't sign anyone (quite possibly we have no one lined up anyway) and we' be left until J with no options. If Vipotnik got injured, ill or suspended we'd likely see Ronald, Eom or Bianchini used up front.

Or, if we do sign someone they'd likely be worse quality too. At least Cullen wants to be here and always gives 100%.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 1820 viewsWhiterockin

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:43 - Aug 30 by SullutaCreturned

I think we need better but honestly, if Cullen goes then I half expect we won't sign anyone (quite possibly we have no one lined up anyway) and we' be left until J with no options. If Vipotnik got injured, ill or suspended we'd likely see Ronald, Eom or Bianchini used up front.

Or, if we do sign someone they'd likely be worse quality too. At least Cullen wants to be here and always gives 100%.

We did last summer, paid £2.5M for him, paid him 4X Cullens salary then bombed him out on loan. No wonder players get pissed off.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:48 - Aug 30 with 1799 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 18:53 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

If he goes,then what ?
It’s crazy concept

He won’t go to Oxford, they are rumoured to have not even got past step one in discussions.

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:55 - Aug 30 with 1756 viewsSullutaCreturned

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:46 - Aug 30 by Whiterockin

We did last summer, paid £2.5M for him, paid him 4X Cullens salary then bombed him out on loan. No wonder players get pissed off.

The owners are trading on Cullens loyalty. They may just find that even a faithful, loyal person can be pee'd off enough that they'll walk.

To me, specially after the Blakpool bomber...bombed, it feels like they're taking the piss out of Cullen. Either pay him a bit more or sell him soon enough that we can bring a replacement in.

We may be well run off the ptch but on it we are a circus.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:58 - Aug 30 with 1730 viewsdobjack2

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 18:41 - Aug 30 by theloneranger

More interest than our owners then?
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:49 - Aug 30 with 1631 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 19:55 - Aug 30 by SullutaCreturned

The owners are trading on Cullens loyalty. They may just find that even a faithful, loyal person can be pee'd off enough that they'll walk.

To me, specially after the Blakpool bomber...bombed, it feels like they're taking the piss out of Cullen. Either pay him a bit more or sell him soon enough that we can bring a replacement in.

We may be well run off the ptch but on it we are a circus.

Just spending on players what we get in for players and lowering contracts and getting players out permanently or on loan.

That’s the brief this summer,

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 1583 viewsdobjack2

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:49 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

Just spending on players what we get in for players and lowering contracts and getting players out permanently or on loan.

And some of those chickens could come home to roost with Cabango, Cullen and Darling.
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:59 - Aug 30 with 1537 viewsdobjack2

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:49 - Aug 30 by KeithHaynes

Any likely outgoings to European leagues whose window hasn't closed yet?
Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 21:28 - Aug 30 with 1365 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 20:59 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

Any likely outgoings to European leagues whose window hasn't closed yet?

Portugal and Sweden springs to mind. But no, nothing.

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 22:37 - Aug 30 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

Is this us being well run ?

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 22:41 - Aug 30 with 1153 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen : Give me a proper contract I want to stay on 22:37 - Aug 30 by onehunglow

Is this us being well run ?

Sadly yes, lowest salaries for first team players for some thirteen years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024