Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Cops Ch4 20:43 - Jun 6 with 1567 viewsunion_jack

Interesting programme gibpving a good insight as to how matches are policed nowadays.

However, I had no idea of the acrimony between Sunderland and Coventry due to Jimmy Hill’s delaying of an end of season game which meant Sunderland went down because they finished first and Civ and Bristol City played out for a draw meaning both stayed up. Sneaky Jimmy!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Football Cops Ch4 on 21:08 - Jun 6 with 1537 viewspencoedjack

Yep decent watch

I didn’t know about Sunderland Coventry rivalry 👍
Football Cops Ch4 on 21:22 - Jun 6 with 1514 views3swan

Football Cops Ch4 on 21:08 - Jun 6 by pencoedjack

Yep decent watch

I didn’t know about Sunderland Coventry rivalry 👍

I was at that game. Kick off was supposedly delayed as Bristol fans had been delayed getting into the ground.
As soon as the Sunderland result came through it turned into a training kick around.
Football Cops Ch4 on 22:31 - Jun 6 with 1460 viewsunion_jack

Football Cops Ch4 on 21:22 - Jun 6 by 3swan

I was at that game. Kick off was supposedly delayed as Bristol fans had been delayed getting into the ground.
As soon as the Sunderland result came through it turned into a training kick around.

No wonder Sunderland bear a grudge!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Football Cops Ch4 on 09:04 - Jun 7 with 1397 viewsonehunglow

Football Cops Ch4 on 22:31 - Jun 6 by union_jack

Enjoyable programme which brought back memories for me on how we policed games.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Football Cops Ch4 on 12:33 - Jun 7 with 1337 viewsKeithHaynes

Football Cops Ch4 on 22:31 - Jun 6 by union_jack

There are some weird rivalries for sure.

Hull for the Swans. Anyone remember the game when the fans helped ‘sweep’ the pitch ? Waterlogged. Swans fans in big numbers went onto the pitch right up to the away end to attack them. If memory serves me right some weapons were used, flag poles etc to hit the Hull provocateurs it was quite nasty.

That went on for a number of years, a hundred or so Swansea supporters met up with Hull on a housing estate outside Hull. They failed to match the Swans and disappeared. It’s a funny old world.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Football Cops Ch4 on 12:36 - Jun 7 with 1321 viewsKeithHaynes

Lincoln as well. This was a nasty clash.

Some familiar faces there … Swansea are the group at the start. Ooops, some ex posters there too. No names please.

Just been sent this, Watch from 23 minutes. It’s mad I know, but the police had their hands well full that day.

Football Cops Ch4 on 10:28 - Jun 8 with 1013 viewspencoedjack

Football Cops Ch4 on 09:04 - Jun 7 by onehunglow

Enjoyable programme which brought back memories for me on how we policed games.

Brought back memories for me for somewhat different reasons
Football Cops Ch4 on 10:40 - Jun 8 with 1005 views1983

Football Cops Ch4 on 12:36 - Jun 7 by KeithHaynes

Lincoln as well. This was a nasty clash.

Some familiar faces there … Swansea are the group at the start. Ooops, some ex posters there too. No names please.

Just been sent this, Watch from 23 minutes. It’s mad I know, but the police had their hands well full that day.

The Hull connection goes back to the very early 1990's to one of the maddest 24hrs and was typical of football in the early 1990's

We went up in two mini buses and a couple of cars we got there way early so waited outside their pub The Silver Cod when it did open we camped out in the back room and watch Hull fans come in one by one and they were rightly so p1ssed off we were in there and after a bit of handbags the police came and took them out leaving us inside and told the landlord to lock the doors and close the curtains and leave us in there as that way they knew where we were and didn't want us wondering around Hull so early, Hull fans were outside across the road and we were waving at them through the curtains they weren't best happy, after a while we got bored and left for the ground again another lively walk down towards the ground.
At the end of the game Swansea and Hull fans were on the pitch there are some photos around of that game I think they were on the old JA website? Outside they waited for us and it took ages for us to get out of Hull and our mini buses were bricked at the traffic lights next to the ground.

After the game someone decided we should go to Blackpool for the night even though its nowhere near Hull but we did. We ended up in a pub called Mr Brewster? and there were some other fans in there after a while one of them came over to one of the well known older Swansea boys and said "we were on your pitch" it turned out they were the Huddersfield fans that invaded the pitch at the vetch earlier in the season, the whole pub went nuclear and turned into craziest pub fight I've ever seen, we weren't supposed to stay the night but we all did because everyone scattered after a while and no mobile phones in those days we all got split up, 5 of us managed to get a B&B, some got B&B's some slept in the mini buses and some just stayed all night wondering around.
How we all managed to meet up the next morning and all get home is unbelievable but then that's what happened back then things did just happen no mobile phones no twitter no facebook

In the photos I met the mixed race lad with dreed locks in Ibiza in 2008 I had a beer and a photo with him, I can actually remember him at Swansea that day.

Bonkers Bonkers Days!

https://www.facebook.com/dressersbook/posts/huddersfield-hyc-at-swansea-1993/406

Login to get fewer ads

Football Cops Ch4 on 11:05 - Jun 8 with 975 views1983

Football Cops Ch4 on 10:40 - Jun 8 by 1983

The Hull connection goes back to the very early 1990's to one of the maddest 24hrs and was typical of football in the early 1990's

We went up in two mini buses and a couple of cars we got there way early so waited outside their pub The Silver Cod when it did open we camped out in the back room and watch Hull fans come in one by one and they were rightly so p1ssed off we were in there and after a bit of handbags the police came and took them out leaving us inside and told the landlord to lock the doors and close the curtains and leave us in there as that way they knew where we were and didn't want us wondering around Hull so early, Hull fans were outside across the road and we were waving at them through the curtains they weren't best happy, after a while we got bored and left for the ground again another lively walk down towards the ground.
At the end of the game Swansea and Hull fans were on the pitch there are some photos around of that game I think they were on the old JA website? Outside they waited for us and it took ages for us to get out of Hull and our mini buses were bricked at the traffic lights next to the ground.

After the game someone decided we should go to Blackpool for the night even though its nowhere near Hull but we did. We ended up in a pub called Mr Brewster? and there were some other fans in there after a while one of them came over to one of the well known older Swansea boys and said "we were on your pitch" it turned out they were the Huddersfield fans that invaded the pitch at the vetch earlier in the season, the whole pub went nuclear and turned into craziest pub fight I've ever seen, we weren't supposed to stay the night but we all did because everyone scattered after a while and no mobile phones in those days we all got split up, 5 of us managed to get a B&B, some got B&B's some slept in the mini buses and some just stayed all night wondering around.
How we all managed to meet up the next morning and all get home is unbelievable but then that's what happened back then things did just happen no mobile phones no twitter no facebook

In the photos I met the mixed race lad with dreed locks in Ibiza in 2008 I had a beer and a photo with him, I can actually remember him at Swansea that day.

Bonkers Bonkers Days!

https://www.facebook.com/dressersbook/posts/huddersfield-hyc-at-swansea-1993/406

I don't know angryjack but I think he might have been on that hull trip

Football Cops Ch4 on 19:08 - Jun 9 with 730 viewsEagleEye

Football Cops Ch4 on 12:33 - Jun 7 by KeithHaynes

There are some weird rivalries for sure.

Hull for the Swans. Anyone remember the game when the fans helped ‘sweep’ the pitch ? Waterlogged. Swans fans in big numbers went onto the pitch right up to the away end to attack them. If memory serves me right some weapons were used, flag poles etc to hit the Hull provocateurs it was quite nasty.

That went on for a number of years, a hundred or so Swansea supporters met up with Hull on a housing estate outside Hull. They failed to match the Swans and disappeared. It’s a funny old world.

Remember both of those Hull games. The heavens opened at the Vetch & the match was delayed. Think it may have been last game of the season ?

Was in Hull for the match where there had been a pre-meet up of the fans. All a bit bizarre I think it was in a place called Goole which seems strange now as that is a good 15-20 miles or so from Hull
Boothferry Park was one of the most dilapidated grounds that I can remember at that time.

Never went to Lincoln but it was a bit tasty up there. A couple of lads got prison sentences for the fracas
Football Cops Ch4 on 20:36 - Jun 9 with 680 viewsKeithHaynes

Football Cops Ch4 on 19:08 - Jun 9 by EagleEye

Remember both of those Hull games. The heavens opened at the Vetch & the match was delayed. Think it may have been last game of the season ?

Was in Hull for the match where there had been a pre-meet up of the fans. All a bit bizarre I think it was in a place called Goole which seems strange now as that is a good 15-20 miles or so from Hull
Boothferry Park was one of the most dilapidated grounds that I can remember at that time.

Never went to Lincoln but it was a bit tasty up there. A couple of lads got prison sentences for the fracas

Swansea were good then, if fighting at football is good. 😂

Football Cops Ch4 on 22:22 - Jun 18 with 272 viewsThrasher6

Watched a few of these now....been very interesting. The Napoli police especially on yesterday's...what a bunch of gutless c@nts...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024