Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Reflection 17:22 - Jan 6 with 9277 viewsbluenwhite10

A decision had to be made today play a side to win and get the 100k money for getting into the 4th round or protect your players with a relegation battle ahead in the upcoming weeks and rightly or wrongly that is what Rangers did. I thought Rangers did alright with what they put out there was evident with the speed and pace that Bournemouth played at which is common sense when free transfers play against 15 million + players, but surprisingly we found ourselves 2-0 from a great Armstrong goal and a lucky deflected shot from Armstrong. I guess we all knew that the second half would be backs again the wall stuff and it was a kick in the teeth that it was so soon from that old problem that we have defending set pieces. The winner come from the disaster waiting to happen which we rode our luck on several times playing out if the back which you can’t do if Dunne is involved. In the the end we gave it a go but fell short. MOM today was an Armstrong but Dunne was interesting in 2 parts ….Ball at feet liability but defending wise was very good but unfortunately to be a modern day player you have to be able to do both. Next week back to the important stuff. Come on you R’s
Bournemouth Reflection on 21:01 - Jan 7 with 990 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:51 - Jan 7 by ParkRoyalR

In our recent run of games where Dunne has been called out both Cook and JCS have made more mistakes and been culpable for goals conceded.

In his last game Dunne got called out for not doing better with Larkeche's man (harsh but ok) whereas JCS bottled a challenge and didn't even jump to help Kolli out.

Dickie was a superb defender for us at one point and I have never seen a players confidence + form collapse to the extent his did.

Until we get an SJ or Dom Ball or Tom Carroll type player who can give an option to take the ball off the defence we will struggle.

Dunne is too honest (or stupid) for his own good as continues to try his best for the team when others either hide or pass on taking responsibility to take the ball off the keeper.

Is that not what Dozzell is for?
Bournemouth Reflection on 21:08 - Jan 7 with 977 viewsSK_hoops

Bournemouth Reflection on 19:32 - Jan 7 by Rodney

I got mad just before the third goal because it seemed to me that, again and again, Begovic would deliberately wait until Bournemouth had got their press lined up, in position and ready to go... and only then would he pass the ball to Dunne (poor chap). There were plenty of opportunities for quick goal kicks and, almost without exception, he wasn't interested.

And whilst he is capable of making at least one very good save in every game, he is just as capable of making a silly mistake. If ever you've played with a goalkeeper who isn't reliable at corners, you know how the uncertainty seeps into all the defenders around him. Conversely, when you've got someone you have confidence in, you can get on with your own job.

I'm just surprised he didn't make a tweet congratulating his ex club for getting to the 4th round of the cup.
Bournemouth Reflection on 21:32 - Jan 7 with 920 viewsgazza1

1 - Posters need to understand that we will be playing out from the back.....simples. We just need to be cautious when we do and brave as well because if we do get out, just like our goals, we will create good chances.

2 - Begovic....world class - seriously!!! The first shot was straight at him with pace - got to save that, the 2nd he got a bit of luck when it cannoned off the post but he probably deserved a bit of luck. General kicking was very average indeed. He will not be here next season because he is not good enough (not because he is world class and signing for a top side) and I would suggest not a 'cheap buy'.

3 - Defenders need to stop making errors, Dunne for the 3rd, Fox for the 2nd and several of them for the 'well drilled plan' for the 1st but Armstrong lost the goalscorer on the edge of the box.

4 - Posters who are 'easy' with the result, winning 2-0 at half time are crazy, happy with not getting a draw because it gives the team more training time, etc is naivety and posters suggesting that we would get 'well tanked' in any replay have no idea (many thought we had no chance yesterday but we were 2-0 ahead) and looking who we would get in the 4th round. The replay result would depend on many things.
[Post edited 7 Jan 21:42]
Bournemouth Reflection on 22:53 - Jan 7 with 820 viewsdaveB

Bournemouth Reflection on 20:39 - Jan 7 by ManinBlack

Really? That wasn't how I saw it. And how many goals have we scored compared to how many we concede? If we were that good playing out from the back we would not be second bottom. The reality is we lost comfortably in the end which with our players is likely to make them more unconfident. I don't believe they will take the positives of scoring twice against Bournemouth. Once again a big away following go home with a win having enjoyed themselves at our expense.

In case nobody noticed Sheffield Wednesday beat Cardiff 4-0 and no doubt they will react positively to that win in their fight against relegation. The Wednesday keeper probably thinks he is superman now for saving two penalties. Right now it looks like it will be us, Rotherham and Huddersfield that will go down.

We still have a serious deficiency in front of goal against Championship rivals. Watford will have a big following so let's see if we will do what we have done for over a year and lose again when 3,000 fill the away end. Our players should be eager to avenge the opening day humiliation at Watford but do they have the fire in them?

Yesterday was the first goal I can think of that came from playing out under Marti, even then it was a foul on Dunne

Playing out as we did for those 2 goals worked well, moved the ball quickly into space and in on their goal within 5/6 passes, when we play 10 passes across our own box that's obviously a not the plan

I didn't think we lost comfortably, we were in the game until the very end, they were better than us but they should be when you see what they have spent and the quality of players they have
Bournemouth Reflection on 23:53 - Jan 7 with 768 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bournemouth Reflection on 22:53 - Jan 7 by daveB

Yesterday was the first goal I can think of that came from playing out under Marti, even then it was a foul on Dunne

Playing out as we did for those 2 goals worked well, moved the ball quickly into space and in on their goal within 5/6 passes, when we play 10 passes across our own box that's obviously a not the plan

I didn't think we lost comfortably, we were in the game until the very end, they were better than us but they should be when you see what they have spent and the quality of players they have

Worth remembering too that while bournemouth rested a few, our back 4 was made up of second and third choice players, and we were missing our two most talented attackers. While they brought on the likes of Kluivert from the bench, we were giving debuts to kids,
That’s why I can be both very disappointed and annoyed we have away a two goal lead, but also not feel like the world is ending. Context, as ever, is important. Had we been on a good run before this, the stadium would have been fuller and right now we’d probably all be more angry about the possible foul on Dunne.

Bare bones.

Bournemouth Reflection on 08:04 - Jan 8 with 609 viewsstevec

Only seen the highlights on TV.

I couldn’t help thinking that the Dunne that arrived from Burnley would never have fallen over under that challenge. Two years on, it almost seems natural.

Losers mentality in this club from top to bottom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024